Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Swivel Stick, SPF 30 reviews

5/5 - 1 review

Brand: Palmer's

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Swivel Stick, SPF 30

Homosalate (15%), octinoxate (7.5%), octisalate (5%), oxybenzone (6%), zinc oxide (2.2%).

Microcrystalline wax, theobroma cacao (cocoa) extract, mineral oil, theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, flavor, dimethicone, tocopheryl acetate, saccharin, zea mays (corn) oil, beta-carotene.

Amy, Richmond, Va
Reviewed on February 1, 2012

A few months ago I went on a cruise, I got pretty upset when I realized I had somehow forgot to pack my $80 Kate Somerville moisturizer. A moisturizer was essential since I use a 5.5 % Benzoyl Perozide every night & morning to help with acne. All I had was a Palmers Cocoa butter swivel stick that I brought for my lips. The ship store had no moisturizer, I was out of luck. I had remembered my friend telling me she used Palmers on her face, which I just thought was crazy because I was sure something so cheap and oily would break me out. Anyway! I started using it because my skin would start flaking if I didn't, and it's the best decision I have made for my skin in the last 8 years. I have suffered in the past with such horrible acne that I would lay in bed at night and cry, praying that in the morning my skin would calm and I could face the world. I experimented with almost everything you can find at sephora, and was willing to spend outrageous amounts of money if it meant I could feel beautiful without makeup. I have spent thousands!!! on my skin. I find it absolutely hilarious that the answer to my issues was in a $3.00 tube that can be found at any target. I get up and smile at my skin in the mirror now, everyday I can see it getting better and looking healthier. I have no acne, and if it looks like something might be emerging it just goes away. I have combination/very oily skin with cystic acne and this swivel stick has changed my life.

My routine: morning and evening

Cetaphil with clearsonic deep pore brush

(let my skin dry)

La Roche Posay 5.5 % benzoyl peroxide treatment

(let the treatment dry)

Palmers Cocca Butter Swivel Stick

I hope this helps someone!

by CGMT03 on 10/18/2016 19:54
That's soo awesome to hear! I too have very oily skin, and have been using it but on and off b/c I'm not to sure if it really does break me out or not I think it's mainly because I would touch my face a lot! But do you think I should go back to trying it again? I have oily skin as well though, but I've had success in the last so I think I should give it another go