Oxygenetix Healing Foundation reviews

5/5 - 1 review

Brand: Oxygenetix

Oxygenetix Healing Foundation

Aloe barbadensis gel, isododecane, titanium dioxide (and) methicone, polyglyceryl -4 isostearate (and) cetyl dimethicone copolyol (and) hexyl laurate, cyclopentasiloxane (and) peg/ppg-20/15 dimethicone, saccharomyces cerevisiae extract, peg-8, dioctyldodecyl dodecanedioate, iron oxides (and ) methicone, vitis vinifera (grape) seed extract, glycerine, 0-cymen-5-ol, Silica, cyclomethicone (and) disteardimonium hectorite (and) propylene carbonate, maris sal, cyclopentasiloxane (and) dimethicone /vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer.

Oxygenetix Healing Foundation

The only foundation my acne specialist will allow me to use
Reviewed on December 16, 2013

Oxygenetix is a foundation that is used for people who need to cover surgical scars when healing from surgery. It brings oxygen to the skin allowing it to breathe and heal.

Why this foundation is good for acne:

1) It doesn't contain any natural or chemical oils, which create a risk of causing new acne

2) It doesn't contain silicones (found in many primers and foundations) which do not allow the skin to breathe

3) The best coverage is achieved by applying with your fingers; no need for a brush which is more work (also, makeup brushes can cause acne if you're not careful because they build up product, dead skin, and bacteria!)

4) My acne specialist claims that this is the healthiest foundation on the market

5) Good color selection

6) You DON'T need to use a powder over this foundation. Because there are no oils, it is pretty matte and doesn't move, even with really oily skin.

This foundation also doubles as a PHYSICAL sunscreen. My acne specialist explained to me that chemical sunscreens create a chemical reaction on the skin where UVA/UVB rays hit the skin and are given off as heat. Physical sunscreens physically block rays without this process.

The only cons are:

1) To achieve extremely full coverage, many layers are needed. My skin has moderate redness which can be covered with about two layers.

2) This stuff is pricey! But it's worth it to me because a tiny bottle will last me 3-4 months. Where I purchase it at my esthetician's office, it costs $69, but on Amazon you can get it for $50.

I highly recommend this stuff. I've been trying to be more product conscious and healthier with what I put on my skin because I broke out horribly for the first time in my life when I got to college. Never had any severe skin problems, just a pimple or two here and there. Other foundations will "set you back," meaning your skin might not get better even if you're using good skin products and a bad foundation. This foundation will allow your skin to move forward.