Oxy Maximum Action Advanced Face Wash

Average price: $5.96

Brand: Oxy

Most helpful review

By mona, Miami on 12/11/2012

This is the only facial cleanser that got rid of my acne. In less than a week I saw a big difference. This product has had a huge impact on my self esteem, I finally feel beautiful with out the acne. This is a heaven sent..

Pros:
  • It works fast

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful

Active ingredient:
Benzoyl Peroxide 10%.

Inactive ingredients:
Anhydrous citric acid, butylene glycol, capryl/capramidopropyl betaine, cetostearyl alcohol, cocamidopropyl betaine, diazolidinyl urea, disodium PEG-5 laurylcitrate sulfosuccinate, fragrance, hydrolyzed soy protein, hydroxyphenyl propamidobenzoic acid, methylparaben, PEG-8 dimethicone, pentylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, sodium citrate, sodium lauroyl sarcosinate, xanthan gum.

Member reviews

oxy works the best

Pros

• works great

Cons

• drys a little
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Hello anyone reading this, I have tried pretty much every product out there to help with my acne, which i have had since about 8th grade, now i am in college and still suffering from it. So i tried out this product, while i am also taking Acanya(cream), Atralin(cream), and also Ery-tab(pill)--these 3 products my dermatologist prescribed to me, and I have been using since the end of August and have had no help at all from the three. I've tried duac, salycic acid wash in the shower, along with several other products throughout my life and haven't had much luck with anything, and i do put on cetaphil each time i apply different creams or after using oxy acne wash. I do workout 1-2 times a day because i'm an exercise phys major, and show after. If anyone thinks they can help at all, or has any input that is helpful email me at....ADaytoRemember_26@y a h o o. c o m

Pros

• Feel fresh and clean, and it doesn't smell as terrible as everyone says

Cons

• Dries out skin
  • moderately severe
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've been using this everyday for about 4-5 days now. It doesn't smell BAD, it just smells like a medicated wash. Also, for me, it doesn't burn at all. I use it on both my back and my face every morning in the shower. My back is almost completely clear and I cannot describe how awesome that feels! My face breaks out occasionally with a few pimples, but this is clearing them right up. It is slightly drying, but within an hour or two my skin is back to normal.

I love this product! It's the first one that's started to actually clear up my back.

Pros

• Clears acne
  • No burn

Cons

• slightly drying
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Works Great! I have been using it for almost a year and it still works. unlike a lot of other treatments It never stopped working on my skin

Pros

• Gets rid of acne FAST
  • Prevents acne
  • Cheap
  • Easy to use

Cons

• None at all
  • moderate
  • for about a year
  • $ 2
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• Clears face up quickly

Cons

• Smells bad
  • Dries if you don't use moisturizer
  • moderately severe
  • for more than a year
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This product works great with the baking soda mask, what I did was wash my face with this then apply the baking soda mask for 15-30 mins. Then use a toner and that worked wonders overnight. This combination is the only thing that worked for me.

Pros

• works great
  • see results in two days

Cons

• watery if you don't shake well
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 2
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

TERRIBLE! it gave me tiny bumps all over my forehead and made my acne much worse. Now i have really oily skin and break out all the time. It may work for you but it was horrible for me.

Pros

• easy to use.

Cons

• watery
  • smells bad
  • made acne much worse
  • made skin oily
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have tried almost everything under the sun, proactive, murad, clean n clear, etc. Not one of these products worked, and i would use them for months. I would also spend 30-50 dollars on some products. One day I found a coupon for this item and thought I my as well try it. It worked right away.

Pros

• Started showing clearness the second day I used it. Absolutely love it!

Cons

[not submitted]
  • light
  • for about a week
  • $ 2
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

what can i say, its a bp cleanser 10%, not very effective if you have moderate or higher acne.

i use for the body and its ok... maybe helps a bit but as a cleanser how much bp really gets absorded before washing off? doctors do not recommend wash off BP products and neither do i.

Pros

• 10% BP
  • Big Bottle

Cons

• 10% BP ( not for face )
  • cleanser
  • moderately severe
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 10
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Very good. I would recommend to everyone.

Pros

• Gets rid of acne fast
  • Keeps acne away
  • Works on dry skin (like mine)

Cons

• Doesn't smell the greatest
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.