Page 4 of Oxy Maximum Action Advanced Face Wash reviews

Brand: Oxy

Active ingredient:
Benzoyl Peroxide 10%.

Inactive ingredients:
Anhydrous citric acid, butylene glycol, capryl/capramidopropyl betaine, cetostearyl alcohol, cocamidopropyl betaine, diazolidinyl urea, disodium PEG-5 laurylcitrate sulfosuccinate, fragrance, hydrolyzed soy protein, hydroxyphenyl propamidobenzoic acid, methylparaben, PEG-8 dimethicone, pentylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, sodium citrate, sodium lauroyl sarcosinate, xanthan gum.

OXY Maximum Action Face Wash, 5 fl oz
updated: 12/18/2014 21:38 UTC
Oxy Maximum Action Advanced Face Wash, 5 Ounce
updated: 12/18/2014 21:38 UTC

Reviewed on September 6, 2012

This stuff works! I have been battling acne since I was 12 years old (I'm 22) and this is the first thing that has ever worked on my skin! I have tried everything from Neutrogena to Retin-A to birth control to clear my acne and nothing has worked until this product! I had a face full of acne about 5 days ago and now almost all my pimple are gone. I just use a dime sized amount, and massage my face with it for about a minute, then rinse. All I do afterward is follow up with a good moisturizer and that's it! Almost all of my acne is gone...now I just need to do something about the scars ;)

Reviewed on August 14, 2012

I really like this product when using it 2-3 times a week. I would not say this is an everyday cleanser. I feel that it is too harsh on my skin if used morning and night. This is more of my 'backup' when my skin starts acting up due to hormonal changes. I like that it is easily available at almost any grocery store. I am very pleased with Oxy products so far. Will continue to use.

Reviewed on July 29, 2012

I've used Clean and Clear's Acne Advantage cleanser for about 3 years now, but when I went to 4 different drug stores I came to the conclusion that it wasn't in prpuduction anymore. Well, obviously I had to find a substitute and FAST because I have just about the most sensitive, break-out prone skin in the world. I saw this in a local Grocery Store, saw it contained 10% Benzoyl Peroxide and decided to get it.

Let me tell you, BEST decision I've ever made. My face is the smoothest, most radiant it's been since I was really little. I went out of the house without face makeup on for the first time in years, and felt as confident as ever. This stuff is a miracle, I absolutely love it.

Honestly, I'd say to ignore the bad reviews because they're just not true. This stuff is AMAZING. I highly reccomend it.

Reviewed on June 20, 2012

It completely cleared up my skin within the first 2 weeks of using it and i haven't had any bad breakouts since. There is also a spot treatment in this brand which works very good as well.

Reviewed on June 17, 2012

I give this product 5 stars because it got rid of my acne completely, the only time I get zits is one zit when I'm on my period (impossible to not happen for me). It does leave your skin dry, but if you have oily skin like me thats a good thing!!!

Just use an oil free moisturizer & you're set.

I also use OXY's spot lotion all over my face at night and if you have zits it dries them up over night.

GOOD STUFF =) try it!

Reviewed on May 26, 2012

my acne progressivey got worse my first year of college despite constant exercise and a vegetarian diet. so I started using oxy in conjunction with ortho tri-cyclen lo birth control as a dermatologist's recommendation.

so does it work?

yes! with patience and a good toner and moisturizer i'm finding that my skin is clearing up (almost perfect now!) and everywhere on my face i have improvement. because of the purging process i had, not only pimples, but all of my blackheads are disappearing. I noticed almost every pore of mine became a small blackhead that i could either squeeze out, or let become a zit. even those stubborn ones on my lip-line are gone! though i really hated getting more acne before seeing results.

it forced every pore on my face to get rid of everything- but since i've had a zit there, that patch of skin has remained beautifully clear. that's the best way to explain it.

i definitely wanted to give up on it after 3 weeks when it only seemed to make me worse though. and it does very little for the red marks left after acne, so treat those however you usually do. and clay masks work very well after washing with this stuff. leave them on overnight and you'll notice a big difference.

also, on my back, with daily use, i had no purging process, and it cleared completely after two weeks. i love that because it's bikini season, b*tches!

lasty, i want to mention that it has changed my skintype. i've always been very dry and using topical BP. since switching to a wash, my skin is more normal or even a bit oily sometimes. which i actually appreciate! no more flakes! and if i forget lotion, i'm not royally screwed.

so OVERALL for those SKIMMING reviews..

yes, this will definitely help, but be patient. it's helping a lot more than topical BP, especially now with prevention. though for me it wasn't quite as fast as everyone else who's reviewing this. the most important part is to realize you have to judge