Oxy Maximum Action Advanced Face Wash reviews

Brand: Oxy

Active ingredient:
Benzoyl Peroxide 10%.

Inactive ingredients:
Anhydrous citric acid, butylene glycol, capryl/capramidopropyl betaine, cetostearyl alcohol, cocamidopropyl betaine, diazolidinyl urea, disodium PEG-5 laurylcitrate sulfosuccinate, fragrance, hydrolyzed soy protein, hydroxyphenyl propamidobenzoic acid, methylparaben, PEG-8 dimethicone, pentylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, sodium citrate, sodium lauroyl sarcosinate, xanthan gum.

Reduces redness overnight.
Reviewed on July 9, 2014

This product does well to minimize the redness, swelling, and the sore pimples that have just begun to form. Washing with this at night, I'd notice a measurable difference in all of the above. Does NOT do so well to remove excess oil/makeup. Also, I feel like this new scent is geared towards men? It has that cologne aroma I'd usually associate with men's personal care products.

Looking for the prior version
Reviewed on April 19, 2014

This used to be in a hard plastic container. When I originally purchased this "new" container, hoping it was the same formulation, the first thing I noticed is the smell and consistency of the benzyl peroxide wash was not the same as that which came in the hard plastic container.*

As a guy with sensitive skin, I've found it increasingly difficult to find face and body washes, as well as lotions, and other products that work for my skin. The old version of this wash worked. This new version, with it's distinct aroma, has caused me to break out instead of helping treat my breakouts. I've found salicylic acid causes my skin to break out in the same fashion as the new Oxy wash. So you can imagine how, when I find a product that works well, I do everything I can to keep using it. However the old version of this face wash, that comes in a harder plastic container, has been disappearing off shelves and is near impossible to find.

If anyone else shares this experience, have you found something that works?

*I had both simultaneously in order to directly compare them. Any time I get a new product I try it for at least 2 weeks before making any determination. The acne that resulted from using this "newer version" initially only got worse over the 2 week period, not better.

Disappointed
Reviewed on April 6, 2014

I got this and i used it for about a year and I regret getting it!! I am only 14 years old and this product SUCKS!! It dried out my face, made it red, and it made my acne worse!! I do NOT recommend this!!

AWESOME!!!
Reviewed on April 6, 2014

This is the best so far, I have moderate acne and I just hit it today and used it two times and guess what my face is turning smoother.

So far so good!
Reviewed on April 4, 2014

I have light to moderate acne, depending on the weather. I have black heads and just random bumps everywhere. I tried using Salicylic Acid, it was a horrible idea! I tried using Benzoyl, omg the best decision ever! I only been using this product for 2 days but it has been doing a great job. This medication is not for people with dry, sensitive skin. I have oily skin and this doesn't dry my skin at all. I love this.

Be careful
Reviewed on March 19, 2014

My acne was never bad until the past couple of months. I got moderate to severe acne and I was desperate to find something. I read many of the reviews on here which gave me a lot of hope for oxy. However, what I did not know when I started using it was that using 10 percent benzoyl peroxide could actually do more harm than good if your skin is not used to it. After two weeks of use I saw no improvements, only more inflammation. Everyone's skin is different though. It might work for you!

This is a must for people with acne problems
Reviewed on February 13, 2014

I love this face wash and can honestly not live without it. I had really bad acne, because of my oily skin. But I bought it on a last ditch effort. I have seriously tried everything. I've used acne washes, creams and expensive treatments. This is the only thing that worked. Also some of the other products I used would dry my face out and I use this face wash twice a day and it doesn't dry out my skin and keeps it clear.

I finally found it!
Reviewed on January 26, 2014

All throughout puberty I had AWFUL acne. I tried a bunch of different products and all of them were either to harsh on my skin or wouldn't clean it up enough. When I found this product, I almost didn't try it because it looked like a boy face wash (dumb I know) but I was desperate so I tried everything. And this was the one! Using it morning and night, it cleared up my skin in like TWO WEEKS and now I never break out! On my period I will have like 1 or 2 zits but that's it! It's an amazing product!

Good but....
Reviewed on November 19, 2013

This was good. I used this along with their facial pads. I don't know if it was because of that combo, or my dry prone skin, but my face just gets sooo dry.

Great face wash!
Reviewed on September 30, 2013

This wash is very good at getting rid of acne-causing bacteria. I've been using the 10% solution for about a year now. If you're looking for a scrub, this isn't what you need. Oxy also make a daily exfoliating scrub that can be used in conjunction with this wash.

P.S. It's actually a good hair bleacher as well, I have blonde bangs now.