Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo Oral Contraceptive reviews

4.4/5 - 8 reviews

Brand: Ortho

White Tablet

Inactive ingredients:
Lactose, magnesium stearate, croscarmellose sodium, microcrystalline cellulose, carnauba wax, hypromellose, polyethylene glycol, titanium dioxide, and purified water.

Light Blue Tablet
Norgestimate and Ethinyl Estradiol.

FD & C Blue No. 2 Aluminum Lake, lactose, magnesium stearate, croscarmellose sodium, microcrystalline cellulose, carnauba wax, hypromellose, polyethylene glycol, titanium dioxide, and purified water.

Dark Blue Tablet
Norgestimate and Ethinyl Estradiol.

FD & C Blue No. 2 Aluminum Lake, lactose, magnesium stearate, croscarmellose sodium, microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 80, carnauba wax, hypromellose, polyethylene glycol, titanium dioxide, and purified water.

Dark Green Tablet
Contains only Inert Ingredients:
FD & C Blue No. 2 Aluminum Lake, lactose, magnesium stearate, pregelatinized starch, ferric oxide, hypromellose, polyethylene glycol, titanium dioxide, talc and purified water.

Amazing!!!
Reviewed on July 14, 2014

I have use Yaz for over five years it did control my acne for a while however last year I started to get horrible cystic acne all over my face. After much suffering I finally decided to switch to a different kind so I began using ortho tri cyclen low. I expected to have the worse brake out of my life but it has been 2 weeks and my skin is so much better than before. I don't have oily skin anymore and finally no new more cystic acne coming out. I have never recommend anything but this pills are truly working for me

no mood swings
Reviewed on May 15, 2014

or weight gain! I like this one. I went from diane 35 to this so my acne was under control but after over a year on it my skin is starting up again. hopefully this and acne.org can make it go away!

Working so far
Reviewed on February 4, 2014

I have not finished my first month quite yet, but I do see a difference. I have had acne since the fourth grade and it has been embarrassing. It was always on the lower half of my face. Of course my friends and my boyfriend have always said it isn't that bad, but without the help of makeup it truly was a disaster. My skin on my chin area is completely destroyed, I can barley feel it when I touch it. This pill has truly worked fast and has regulated my periods as well. I have been on many antibiotics prescribed by a dermatologist, and I was a afraid of accutane so I tried this instead. I am glad I did.

Acne completely gone after!
Reviewed on November 21, 2013

Even though I had suffered from facial acne for over ten years, I recently started to get horrible bacne for the first time in my life. I changed every single shampoo, body wash, detergent, etc trying to pinpoint the cause, but finally, after a year of trying to figure it out, it finally dawned on me. My acne might be hormonal. After doing a lot of research on which birth control would be best for acne, I made an appointment at Planned Parenthood. When I got there, I told them my problem and they handed me a year's supply of birth control for free. After taking it for about three months, my face and back COMPLETELY CLEARED. My skin hasn't looked this good since I was on accutane! Before getting on Ortho, I would have at least ten zits on my face at a time. Now, I have maybe one small one. I haven't had a zit on my back since this medicine kicked in. I'm so happy.

If you are able to take birth control, it's worth a shot!

by Jen808 on 12/18/2013 07:45
Do you find that your skin is very dry now, though. I'm 30 and hate the acne, but don't want to look like I'm going through menopause with extremely dry skin
Highly recommend!!!
Reviewed on September 1, 2013

I've had my tubes tied for 12 years but decided to try this pill because I was tired of Adult acne and tried everything to get rid of it. I am writing to tell you that for the first time in my life I am not only acne free but finally can be out in public without wearing makeup!!! It's unbelievable how much this pill has changed my life after suffering from embarrassing acne since 12 years old. It takes about two to three months and your face will break out but then will be amazingly clear. It's so worth it. It's almost been a year for me and it still works. I hope that I inspire others to try it.

by CynthiaMarieTV on 11/07/2013 18:42
Thanks for the info! I just started taking this...looking forward to the results :)
Reviewed on October 29, 2012

I feel stuck on this pill. I've taken accutane, which worked temporarily but my acne gradually creeped back. Desogen did nothing to help my skin, so I switched to Ortho Lo. This pill helped to clear my skin - I still got the occasional zit, but I was virtually clear about 5 months in. I decided to go off the Pill to give my body a break. BIG mistake... acne came back horribly, hair was falling out in clumps. Went back on the pill, and now 3.5 months in my skin is better but not nearly as good as it was before I went off.

Reviewed on April 24, 2012

You have to be on time with taking the pills and not missing any for this to work properly. I have tried other birth controls pills but this worked best for the acne situation. It does take three months to see its full qualities though and if u mess up a pill, its like starting those three months over from that day. First month or two u probably will have cystic acne especially on ur chin and it can be worse then u ever had. After three months I have literally no acne. I have suffered for years so im in love with this medication. It makes ur period come on the same day each month and it does become lighter and less painful after three months.

Reviewed on November 16, 2011

I have tried numerous treatments and this by far is the only thing that kept my acne under control. I suffer from hormonal acne so if thats your issue birth control is your best trick