Page 5 of YAZ Oral Contraceptive reviews

3.3/5 - 317 reviews

Brand: YAZ

Ethinyloestradiol (20mcg), Synthetic Oestrogen, and Drospirenone (3mg).

Lactose, maize starch, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, purified talc, titanium dioxide, iron oxide red.

4 placebo (non-hormonal) pills per pack Inactive Ingredients:
Lactose, maize starch, povidone, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, titanium dioxide.

Reviewed on November 11, 2011

Try it! Im only on the first month and my skin is clearing up the cysts on the side of my face. (Although I have little whiteheads on my forehead, but that can wait a little longer) I was so depressed about my skin, I did everything right, but i still broke out. So I thought maybe its just hormone problems so I asked my doc about BCP and she presecribed me this, so far so good. When I hit the third month I'll come back And do another review.

Reviewed on November 3, 2011

well i have been taking this medicine for my cystic acne and because my derm had to put me on a birth control so i can start accutane (in 2wks!!). So right now i am on gianvi (the generic form of yaz) and my skin has improved dramatically in 3 wks!! that is pretty awesome cuz all i have right now is just my acne scars. But for the past 3 days my skin has became more sensitive and itchy. and lately i've been getting this rash on my arms legs and neck and back that look like insect bites!! horrible. i gotta tell my derm to switch me to another birth control. well overall this medicine would be great if i didn't have a side effect, but i do, so that is why i don't like this med. hope it works out for you because it did solve my acne problem:) dang side effects....

Reviewed on October 7, 2011

I have tried everything out there including roaccutane (accutane) and this was the only thing that really worked for me. I actually began to think I no longer got acne and didn't have to even be strict about washing my face.

However the severity of the migraines mean that I can no longer take it. As soon as I stopped taking it my acne came back and I am now back to trying more products : (

Reviewed on September 27, 2011

I went on yaz primarily for my acne. I was told by my doctor to wait three months before seeing results. During those three months my skin got progressively worse, it never got better. My skin has never looked so bad. I have red scarring all over my chin and cheeks. I am very upset because before going on yaz my skin was clear... i would only get a few pimples around the time of my period.I would not recommend yaz to anyone.

Reviewed on September 26, 2011

I was on it for three years. I will gladly take cleared up acne over zero sex drive. My insurance pays for the birth control. I went off birth control for about 8 months and in that time, my acne got way worse. I went on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo because I wanted a lower hormone birth control and it hasn't helped my acne at all. I'm going back on Yaz immediately.

Reviewed on September 21, 2011

When my doctor prescribed Yaz to me for my acne she asked me about my current mental health, I told her honestly that I was a very happy person and by no means "depressed" though I did get fed up with having acne and so that was a source of some stress.

Yesterday was the last day of my 3-month cycle of Yaz. Over this time I have become a very depressed, down and unmotivated person. Most days I have to force myself off the couch to actually get anything done. I have felt no zest for life and stare into the mirror each morning wondering why my skin still looks so bad. My anxiety has reached a point where I don't like to leave the house because of a mix of low self-esteem and the vicious cycle where I can't leave the house without wearing makeup but I think wearing it adds to my breakouts.

Ie. Not a healthy lifestyle!!!

This is coming from someone who is described by friends & family as bubbly, happy, positive, very energetic and excitable.

I decided that I'm done with it and will not be renewing my prescription.

I'm looking forward to regaining my passion for life and losing the 2kg I have gained since taking Yaz. It will also be nice to have some sex drive back! It's always been relatively low but in the last 3 months sex has been the last thing I've felt like doing.

I believe these pills effect everyone differently so I don't doubt this may work for some. Unfortunately it wasn't my miracle cure.

My skin is problematic as it was when I started the cycle. I am now exploring the possibilities to treat the cause naturally.

Will post when I find my cure!! X

Reviewed on September 5, 2011

I switched to Yaz right when I started Accutane. I'm not sure if it was the Accutane working with the Yaz to cause my bad experience, or if it was all Yaz. The first period lasted 3 weeks, and my cramping is bad every month now - and my flow is much heavier. I went from using regular tampons to ultra just to make it through the night. The hair loss is minor, but I noticed it. Again, not sure if it's the accutane or the Yaz, but I have been off Accutane for almost 3 months now, and my hair is not back yet. I have been on Yaz for 9 months and will switch once I go back to the doctor for my annual check up. My periods on my old BC (Ovcon) were normal and not painful and heavy. I also haven't noticed any improvement in my moods. The acne isn't here - but I'd almost attribute that to the Accutane.

I would not recommend this BC. (Also, I use the generic form)

Reviewed on September 4, 2011

I have been taking this birth control for 3

Months and I have had enough! The first 2 weeks I cried everyday, I figured my body wasn't used to the hormones. I was wrong my moods never got better and neither did my skin,, starting ortho tricyclen in 2 days has got to be better than the 3 months of hell I just endured! I also experienced baddd cramps! This pill blows!

Reviewed on August 15, 2011

horrible for me. wouldn't recommend. It has been ruining my life. I mean, I'm pretty sure it's why I have severe crying spells. Especially after reading so many other reviews all over the 'net. My dr. told me to quit taking it immediately. I was just taking it to help even out my hormones(they said I had slightly elevated testosterone but not even bad!) and maybe help my oily skin but it made is way worse. Just wanted to post this incase it could help someone else the way other reviews have made me feel like I'm not alone.

Reviewed on August 6, 2011

I didn't experience any real negative side effects that alot of women seem to speak of. No weight gain, hair loss and i didn't get any blod clots or have high blood pressure issues at all.

I feel OK about recommending it to a friend but the only downside for me is the break through bleeding so I've had to move to Yasmin.