Page 4 of YAZ Oral Contraceptive reviews

3.3/5 - 317 reviews

Brand: YAZ

Ethinyloestradiol (20mcg), Synthetic Oestrogen, and Drospirenone (3mg).

Lactose, maize starch, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, purified talc, titanium dioxide, iron oxide red.

4 placebo (non-hormonal) pills per pack Inactive Ingredients:
Lactose, maize starch, povidone, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, titanium dioxide.

Reviewed on February 7, 2012

i was somewhat worried to start this birth control after reading reviews online, but everyone's body is different and it has completely worked for me. i would recommend yaz to any woman who has been struggling with mid-20s acne to give it a try. i use yaz in combination with aczone and my face is almost perfect now.

Reviewed on January 30, 2012

This is a good product if you get through the enitial first few months of being sick (might have just been me who knows). It did help to clear acne after a month or two, but has lowered my sex drive conciderably.

Reviewed on January 19, 2012

It was the worst I have ever felt in my entire life.

Reviewed on December 31, 2011

This stuff is great! I had to go on it for accutane and never went off because of the short periods that are 28 days apart exactly. I decided to go off of it because my skin was mostly clear and I wanted to see if it would do anything, and I did notice that my boobs got smaller! I also got a few less headaches and a little less emotional, but broke out completely on my first period! It was awful so I decided to try a different birth control which made me break out even worse! I'm going back on Yaz in a few days.

by bizz on 07/01/2014 12:01
Hi. Why did you give Yaz a good review if it made you break out?
Reviewed on December 24, 2011

This contraceptive was perfect for me, it cleared my slight skin issues and stopped me being crazy once a month. Definitely worth a try if you have PMDD or exceptionally heavy and painful periods. I hope it works for you too.

Reviewed on December 6, 2011

This is not a product that I would tell any of my girl friends to use. It's the worst BC that was made and yet the doctors just give it to us without know the side effects that could happen. Doctors need to look into the BC's that they give us, so we can be sure that we're not harming ourselves and harming our insides, that may cause problems of conceiving a baby!!

Reviewed on November 23, 2011

Going off birth control throws your hormones out of whack and can cause some serious skin issues. Sure, it might fix your skin - but at what cost? How long will you stay on the pill? I'm now terrified of coming off of it. I cleared up due to a retinoid and would highly recommend them instead.

I don't have any complaints about Yaz. I didn't have any side effects and I like the birth control and predictable periods... But I still regret going on it because now I'm stuck on it.

Reviewed on November 23, 2011

My dermatologist prescribed this after the birth control my gynecologist prescribed, Ortho Tri Cyclen, failed to improve my acne at all. This product, when combined with usage of Retin A-Micro, has made the absolute biggest overall difference in my skin. I used to get really large cystic acne, and since beginning this prescription, I don't experience any acne at all.

Under some insurance plans, YAZ can be really expensive, but the generic equivalent is just as effective.

I highly recommend this to any women struggling with cystic acne. Best of luck, everyone!

by bizz on 07/01/2014 12:02
Hi. What had you tried before Yaz? Did you try the generic or the prescription? Did you have no initial purge at all?
Reviewed on November 22, 2011

I was very scared and hesitent to start taking bc. I was afraid my emotions would spiral out of control with irritability. But infact, things are just peachy : ). I don't break out on my jaw line like i used to and i think my ta tas are gettin a little bigger : ). Honestly, I feel like this pill has helped regulate my emotions. I'm definitely not a hot mess like I thought i would be. Also, I feel like my skin and hair are less oily, and I contribute that to this pill. I strongly recommend it : )

Reviewed on November 11, 2011

I now only have to use regular face wash and have zero breakouts, also my oil production went way down and my pores are much smaller. It is expensive, but I was spending so much on creams and treaments before, and having no results.