Page 4 of YAZ Oral Contraceptive reviews

3.3/5 - 313 reviews

Brand: YAZ

Ethinyloestradiol (20mcg), Synthetic Oestrogen, and Drospirenone (3mg).

Lactose, maize starch, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, purified talc, titanium dioxide, iron oxide red.

4 placebo (non-hormonal) pills per pack Inactive Ingredients:
Lactose, maize starch, povidone, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, titanium dioxide.

Reviewed on December 24, 2011

This contraceptive was perfect for me, it cleared my slight skin issues and stopped me being crazy once a month. Definitely worth a try if you have PMDD or exceptionally heavy and painful periods. I hope it works for you too.

Reviewed on December 6, 2011

This is not a product that I would tell any of my girl friends to use. It's the worst BC that was made and yet the doctors just give it to us without know the side effects that could happen. Doctors need to look into the BC's that they give us, so we can be sure that we're not harming ourselves and harming our insides, that may cause problems of conceiving a baby!!

Reviewed on November 23, 2011

Going off birth control throws your hormones out of whack and can cause some serious skin issues. Sure, it might fix your skin - but at what cost? How long will you stay on the pill? I'm now terrified of coming off of it. I cleared up due to a retinoid and would highly recommend them instead.

I don't have any complaints about Yaz. I didn't have any side effects and I like the birth control and predictable periods... But I still regret going on it because now I'm stuck on it.

Reviewed on November 23, 2011

My dermatologist prescribed this after the birth control my gynecologist prescribed, Ortho Tri Cyclen, failed to improve my acne at all. This product, when combined with usage of Retin A-Micro, has made the absolute biggest overall difference in my skin. I used to get really large cystic acne, and since beginning this prescription, I don't experience any acne at all.

Under some insurance plans, YAZ can be really expensive, but the generic equivalent is just as effective.

I highly recommend this to any women struggling with cystic acne. Best of luck, everyone!

by bizz on 07/01/2014 12:02
Hi. What had you tried before Yaz? Did you try the generic or the prescription? Did you have no initial purge at all?
Reviewed on November 22, 2011

I was very scared and hesitent to start taking bc. I was afraid my emotions would spiral out of control with irritability. But infact, things are just peachy : ). I don't break out on my jaw line like i used to and i think my ta tas are gettin a little bigger : ). Honestly, I feel like this pill has helped regulate my emotions. I'm definitely not a hot mess like I thought i would be. Also, I feel like my skin and hair are less oily, and I contribute that to this pill. I strongly recommend it : )

Reviewed on November 11, 2011

I now only have to use regular face wash and have zero breakouts, also my oil production went way down and my pores are much smaller. It is expensive, but I was spending so much on creams and treaments before, and having no results.

Reviewed on November 11, 2011

Try it! Im only on the first month and my skin is clearing up the cysts on the side of my face. (Although I have little whiteheads on my forehead, but that can wait a little longer) I was so depressed about my skin, I did everything right, but i still broke out. So I thought maybe its just hormone problems so I asked my doc about BCP and she presecribed me this, so far so good. When I hit the third month I'll come back And do another review.

Reviewed on November 3, 2011

well i have been taking this medicine for my cystic acne and because my derm had to put me on a birth control so i can start accutane (in 2wks!!). So right now i am on gianvi (the generic form of yaz) and my skin has improved dramatically in 3 wks!! that is pretty awesome cuz all i have right now is just my acne scars. But for the past 3 days my skin has became more sensitive and itchy. and lately i've been getting this rash on my arms legs and neck and back that look like insect bites!! horrible. i gotta tell my derm to switch me to another birth control. well overall this medicine would be great if i didn't have a side effect, but i do, so that is why i don't like this med. hope it works out for you because it did solve my acne problem:) dang side effects....

Reviewed on October 7, 2011

I have tried everything out there including roaccutane (accutane) and this was the only thing that really worked for me. I actually began to think I no longer got acne and didn't have to even be strict about washing my face.

However the severity of the migraines mean that I can no longer take it. As soon as I stopped taking it my acne came back and I am now back to trying more products : (

Reviewed on September 27, 2011

I went on yaz primarily for my acne. I was told by my doctor to wait three months before seeing results. During those three months my skin got progressively worse, it never got better. My skin has never looked so bad. I have red scarring all over my chin and cheeks. I am very upset because before going on yaz my skin was clear... i would only get a few pimples around the time of my period.I would not recommend yaz to anyone.