Page 4 of YAZ Oral Contraceptive reviews

3.3/5 - 321 reviews

Brand: YAZ

YAZ Oral Contraceptive

Ethinyloestradiol (20mcg), Synthetic Oestrogen, and Drospirenone (3mg).

Lactose, maize starch, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, purified talc, titanium dioxide, iron oxide red.

4 placebo (non-hormonal) pills per pack Inactive Ingredients:
Lactose, maize starch, povidone, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, titanium dioxide.

Reviewed on March 12, 2012

I can't explain how TERRIBLE this medicine made me feel. I'm on Welbutrin and Prozac, which have been successful in helping with my anxiety disorder and depression. I was prescribed Yaz after being diagnosed with PCOS to help with acne and excess hair. After staying up ALL NIGHT vomiting during the third week of taking the pill, however, I had to stop taking it. For a month after stopping, I had the worst panic attacks I've ever had in my life. I was suicidal and felt like I was never going to feel normal again. After a month I started feeling better, but if you have a history of anxiety or depression, be prepared just in case! From what I can tell, these are fairly common side effects.

Reviewed on March 2, 2012

It made me miserable,

and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed on February 24, 2012

I will not recommend this product, i have never felt this bad in my life. It put me in the hospital for days.

Reviewed on February 22, 2012

Don't EVER take this, you will regret it...I do...

Reviewed on February 7, 2012

i was somewhat worried to start this birth control after reading reviews online, but everyone's body is different and it has completely worked for me. i would recommend yaz to any woman who has been struggling with mid-20s acne to give it a try. i use yaz in combination with aczone and my face is almost perfect now.

Reviewed on January 30, 2012

This is a good product if you get through the enitial first few months of being sick (might have just been me who knows). It did help to clear acne after a month or two, but has lowered my sex drive conciderably.

Reviewed on January 19, 2012

It was the worst I have ever felt in my entire life.

Reviewed on December 31, 2011

This stuff is great! I had to go on it for accutane and never went off because of the short periods that are 28 days apart exactly. I decided to go off of it because my skin was mostly clear and I wanted to see if it would do anything, and I did notice that my boobs got smaller! I also got a few less headaches and a little less emotional, but broke out completely on my first period! It was awful so I decided to try a different birth control which made me break out even worse! I'm going back on Yaz in a few days.

by bizz on 07/01/2014 12:01
Hi. Why did you give Yaz a good review if it made you break out?
Reviewed on December 24, 2011

This contraceptive was perfect for me, it cleared my slight skin issues and stopped me being crazy once a month. Definitely worth a try if you have PMDD or exceptionally heavy and painful periods. I hope it works for you too.

Reviewed on December 6, 2011

This is not a product that I would tell any of my girl friends to use. It's the worst BC that was made and yet the doctors just give it to us without know the side effects that could happen. Doctors need to look into the BC's that they give us, so we can be sure that we're not harming ourselves and harming our insides, that may cause problems of conceiving a baby!!