Page 2 of YAZ Oral Contraceptive reviews

3.3/5 - 313 reviews

Brand: YAZ

Ethinyloestradiol (20mcg), Synthetic Oestrogen, and Drospirenone (3mg).

Lactose, maize starch, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, purified talc, titanium dioxide, iron oxide red.

4 placebo (non-hormonal) pills per pack Inactive Ingredients:
Lactose, maize starch, povidone, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, titanium dioxide.

Still Hoping
Reviewed on June 8, 2013

I have suffered from acne since High School. I am now in my third year of college and am unfortunately still experiencing painful breakouts. Like many, I have tried numerous over the counter medication and topical creams, most which helped temporary but never solved my problem. I am now on my Fourth month of Yaz and am happy but not satisfied. I was really optimistic after reading everyones positive reviews on here, however I am sad to say that I am still experiencing many breakouts. During the first month it cleared up my acne and reduced the oil in my face, during the second month my face started breaking out a lot and again in the third month. I was okay with the breakouts because I figured that I should, like many have said on here, wait it out three months but I am now becoming hopeless. It has definitely helped reduce some acne but not all and like I said I have seen a significant change in the amount of oil production in my face.

Reviewed on April 13, 2013

I am really impressed with this BC, it really did clear my skin. When I first started taking it I was broken out on my back, chest, neck, jaw, and face! It cleared from the bottom up (back, chest, neck, jaw, then face last) with everything showing improvement the whole time, even if the area wasn't completely clear. I stopped taking it for a month and some of my cystic acne has returned, so I am back on it!

Reviewed on January 17, 2013

If you are going to try it- give it at least 4 months until you give up. I stuck it out through many embarrassing breakouts and now it works awesome! I don't break out hardly at all (also on the regimen). Try it!!!

Reviewed on January 12, 2013

I didn't have the worst skin ever, but it was being a downer on my life. I tried every treatment then I went on anti biotics stopped that, and I have been on the pill since July 2012 and my aim was to be CLEAR by October 2012 (formal). It did take a while to kick in, but it's so worth the wait! When formal came around I was so happy! Clear smooth skin hardly had to put any make up on! It was great I felt great, my self esteem was up 100%. I highly recommend YAZ if not any other pill! Good luck

Reviewed on January 7, 2013

I'm 20 and I've had moderate to severe acne on my back and chest since I was 14. I've tried a wide range of topical acne treatments and antibiotics - nothing put a dent in my body acne. It wasn't until I was older that I realized my acne must be hormonal, so I was put on Yaz by my gynecologist. I didn't see any improvement for the first three month, but the only negative side effect I experienced was mild nausea for a day at the beginning, so I stuck with it. At the end of three months my cleared up 80% on my back and 95% on my chest. Oddly, it didn't do much to improve my face acne. I've been on Yaz for a year and a half and my body acne hasn't gone away 100%, but the difference is significant and I've gotten a lot of self esteem back, (which anyone who suffers from body acne knows is a miraculous thing.) I would definitely give Yaz or some kind of birth control a try if you have body acne and have exhausted your other options.

Reviewed on January 3, 2013

I am 31 years old. Unfortunately, I've struggled with acne since puberty. Nothing worked for me until I got on Yaz, which I was on for years. Then I had my children, and decided to stop taking it, thinking I had outgrown my acne. But I hadn't. :( It took me two years to figure out that Yaz was saving my skin-- and when I went off it and was no longer breastfeeding or pregnant, my skin went totally haywire. Acne, and so oily. Less than 2 weeks into starting Yaz again, my face is SO MUCH BETTER!

Reviewed on August 31, 2012

bottom line, yes i would recommend this. its a good overall contraceptive, it controlled my acne when i first tried it. my only complaint is the results i got after going off it for a while. im back on it now hoping to go back to"before"

Reviewed on June 26, 2012

I loved this pill at first: it cleared up my acne, made my periods regular and short, and was overall good except some tenderness in my breasts.

THEN... every period I would cry, break out horribly, yell at EVERYONE, and I gained 10lbs in 2 months (while actually eating LESS and working out MORE)... it got horrible. I've been off of it for a while now and my moods are so much better, but I still haven't lost the weight and my acne is back.

Looking for something else to try... hopefully it will work a little better and not make me gain 10 more lbs!

Reviewed on April 24, 2012

I love this pill, only one that hasn't made me put on weight. Definitely worth the extra cost, I have been on it for 6 months and won't be changing any time soon! Definitely the pill for me :o)