Page 21 of Yasmin Oral Contraceptives reviews

3.3/5 - 715 reviews

Brand: Yasmin

Active ingredients:
Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol.

Inactive ingredients (yellow tablets): Lactose monohydrate NF, corn starch NF, pregelatinized starch NF, povidone 25000 NF, magnesium stearate NF, hypromellose USP, macrogol 6000 NF, titanium dioxide USP, talc USP, and ferric oxide pigment, yellow NF.

White inert film-coated tablets
Ingredients:
Lactose monohydrate NF, corn starch NF, povidone 25000 NF, magnesium stearate NF, hypromellose USP, talc USP, and titanium dioxide USP.

Reviewed on June 25, 2009

I already suffered from pre menstrual migraines on and off but within two weeks of starting on Yasmin I was getting Migraines every week. I had one today and one yesterday complete with disrupted vision (photophobia) so thats it for me, the risks far outweigh the benefits. It's a shame as I haven't experienced any other side effects whilst taking it.

Reviewed on June 20, 2009

I've been on this for 6 weeks after 4 weeks of Yaz and I am not impressed. The fact that it's birth control doesn't mean a whole lot when it makes you so fat and pimply no one wants to have sex with you anyway (kidding, kind of :P) If the acne hasn't cleared up by the end of this pack, I'm looking into something else

Reviewed on June 19, 2009

I was really optimistic about trying this...I have had acne issues for about 12 years (since I was 12), and I thought maybe this would help out while at the same time regulating my period (which is why I went on it in the first place). HOWEVER, within several months, my face looked AWFUL. I was so upset, because my skin had been pretty consistently clear...just a little breakout around TOM, and some oilyness. Also, in the past I have only dealt with whiteheads and smaller zits...this gave me huge, angry, red pustules.

I told my dermatologist that I thought it was the yaz my gyno had prescribed; she waved that off, saying yaz was good for skin and that couldn't be the problem.

After I broke out in a horrible, itchy rash over my entire body, I went back to the gyno, who took me off of it. Sure enough, within a month, my skin had markedly improved and was back to normal after about six months.

Reviewed on June 17, 2009

After dealing with moderate acne for over a year using Levlen BC pill...I finally switched to Yasmin and now have light and manageable acne after 4 months and I hope it will get even better. The improvement was rapid and I felt and looked much better after 2 months. I would recommmend switching to this if you are on a traditional pill and dealing with bad acne - chances are that the problem is hormonal.

Reviewed on June 16, 2009

I've heard so many great reviews about Yasmin so I was ecstatic when my doctor put me on it. However, my skin was NEVER this bad before starting Yasmin and I've never broken out this badly. I've used this product for seven weeks now and people usually say they being seeing results after 2-3 months, so I guess I'll stick it out a little longer and see how it turns out.

Reviewed on June 15, 2009

In fairness, I've only been using Yasmin for seven weeks and it sounds like it takes three months to really understand how it works with your body. But here are my observations thus far:

1. In the first few weeks, my skin went completely crazy. Acne everywhere, even on my forehead (I absolutely never break out on my forehead). A few weeks later, I have a few emerging pimples but for the most part, my face seems to be in healing mode.

2. My PMDD, which got pretty severe the day immediately before my period started, seems almost completely gone. The difference between my last period before Yasmin and the first one on it was pretty obvious. Very very light and manageable, so I'm ecstatic.

3. Body changes: slightly larger chest and more resilient nails. No real changes in my hair yet.

So, I'm pretty pleased with the results so far, but I'm getting pretty impatient about my skin. It does seem like I need to give it at least another month to be fair though, so I'll writ

Reviewed on June 15, 2009

if you know when your body needs food, as opposed to when it wants it you will be fine. i have been on it for about 2 months in the first month i gained a kilogram but dropped it virtually straight away.

Reviewed on June 14, 2009

I love this birth control!!! =)

Reviewed on June 11, 2009

I used the generic, Ocella. I gave this pill 3 months,and it came through wonderfully. Months 1 and 2 were rough, but my skin has not had any new breakouts in month 3.

I was having bad mood swings, but happened to get a blood workup from the doctor and found out my Vitamin D was EXTREMELY low. I started taking prescription Vitamin D supplements about the time my 3rd month of Ocella started, and the mood swings went away completely, and now my skin is clear.

I'd recommend this to anyone who has hormonal acne.

I'm 26 years old.

Reviewed on June 7, 2009

The pill is good....but i never had a pimple on my face and now its like a disaster...but then it has only been 3 weeks ive been on it...hopefully it'll get better!!.......BUT i love not having mood swings cuz according to my husband .........i use to have PMS all the time...