Page 21 of Yasmin Oral Contraceptives reviews

3.3/5 - 712 reviews

Brand: Yasmin

Active ingredients:
Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol.

Inactive ingredients (yellow tablets): Lactose monohydrate NF, corn starch NF, pregelatinized starch NF, povidone 25000 NF, magnesium stearate NF, hypromellose USP, macrogol 6000 NF, titanium dioxide USP, talc USP, and ferric oxide pigment, yellow NF.

White inert film-coated tablets
Ingredients:
Lactose monohydrate NF, corn starch NF, povidone 25000 NF, magnesium stearate NF, hypromellose USP, talc USP, and titanium dioxide USP.

Reviewed on June 17, 2009

After dealing with moderate acne for over a year using Levlen BC pill...I finally switched to Yasmin and now have light and manageable acne after 4 months and I hope it will get even better. The improvement was rapid and I felt and looked much better after 2 months. I would recommmend switching to this if you are on a traditional pill and dealing with bad acne - chances are that the problem is hormonal.

Reviewed on June 16, 2009

I've heard so many great reviews about Yasmin so I was ecstatic when my doctor put me on it. However, my skin was NEVER this bad before starting Yasmin and I've never broken out this badly. I've used this product for seven weeks now and people usually say they being seeing results after 2-3 months, so I guess I'll stick it out a little longer and see how it turns out.

Reviewed on June 15, 2009

In fairness, I've only been using Yasmin for seven weeks and it sounds like it takes three months to really understand how it works with your body. But here are my observations thus far:

1. In the first few weeks, my skin went completely crazy. Acne everywhere, even on my forehead (I absolutely never break out on my forehead). A few weeks later, I have a few emerging pimples but for the most part, my face seems to be in healing mode.

2. My PMDD, which got pretty severe the day immediately before my period started, seems almost completely gone. The difference between my last period before Yasmin and the first one on it was pretty obvious. Very very light and manageable, so I'm ecstatic.

3. Body changes: slightly larger chest and more resilient nails. No real changes in my hair yet.

So, I'm pretty pleased with the results so far, but I'm getting pretty impatient about my skin. It does seem like I need to give it at least another month to be fair though, so I'll writ

Reviewed on June 15, 2009

if you know when your body needs food, as opposed to when it wants it you will be fine. i have been on it for about 2 months in the first month i gained a kilogram but dropped it virtually straight away.

Reviewed on June 14, 2009

I love this birth control!!! =)

Reviewed on June 11, 2009

I used the generic, Ocella. I gave this pill 3 months,and it came through wonderfully. Months 1 and 2 were rough, but my skin has not had any new breakouts in month 3.

I was having bad mood swings, but happened to get a blood workup from the doctor and found out my Vitamin D was EXTREMELY low. I started taking prescription Vitamin D supplements about the time my 3rd month of Ocella started, and the mood swings went away completely, and now my skin is clear.

I'd recommend this to anyone who has hormonal acne.

I'm 26 years old.

Reviewed on June 7, 2009

The pill is good....but i never had a pimple on my face and now its like a disaster...but then it has only been 3 weeks ive been on it...hopefully it'll get better!!.......BUT i love not having mood swings cuz according to my husband .........i use to have PMS all the time...

Reviewed on June 5, 2009

I had tried Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo before Yasmin & I had a lot of issues with feeling sick in the morning, my face seemed to break out even more while I was on it - so at first I was quite hesitant to try Yasmin ( I was worried it would have a similar effect). However! Am I glad I tried it! Within 3 months (almost to the day) my skin has cleared up. Before, I used to get huge, painful cystic pimples & now I have absolutely nothing ( I have a a SINGLE small pimple and it went away in 2 days!) I no longer have cramps & my periods have been bang on every month. Im really happy I tried this birth control & although the side effects are different for everyone - I would definitely try Yasmin to combat your acne!

Reviewed on June 2, 2009

I gained 7lbs on this pill because my appetite was crazy, but it calmed down and i've managed to lose the weight now. Have tried 4 other pills and didn't gain any weight on them. My mood is really low, probably depression but not sure if I can put this down to the pill or not, thought it's definitely had some effect. I've never suffered from acne (just found this site by chance) but my skin is really dry since using this pill, and I have more spots than before, although still not many. I am going to stick with this because i've tried so many others and this has the least side effects of them all! I would recommend it but obv everyones body reacts differently!

Reviewed on June 2, 2009

I Absolutley LOVE yasmin! I recommend it to all my friends, in fact I have 1 friend that switched to it and loves it! I took it for 6 years, went off to have a baby and now im back on it. I went back for a reason! It did me great :)