Page 5 of Minocycline Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.2/5 - 1070 reviews

Brand: Minocycline

50 mg, 75 mg, or 100 mg of Minocycline.

Magnesium stearate and starch (corn), D&C Red No. 28, D&C Yellow No. 10, gelatin, silicon dioxide, sodium lauryl sulfate and titanium dioxide.

The 100 mg capsule shell also contains black iron oxide.

Reviewed on March 13, 2013

I have had issues with acne forever. I've been on a bunch of different antibiotics. This seems to work the best. I took it first month and my acne did not flare up during that special time of month like it normally does. I was perscribed birth control to help with acne too but I think the bc caused my skin to flare up worse. Now I'm sticking just to this antibiotic hoping it clears up quickly. Know that everyone is different so don't go off all reviews

Reviewed on March 10, 2013

You need a prescription. Go to your dermatologist and see if they will give you minocycline or doxycycline. It is def. more mild than accutane (most effective treatment in my opinion.

Reviewed on March 9, 2013

I really cannot say if this product if effective of not.. BUT- side effects were instantly noticed. Prescribed dose of 100mg @ AM & PM. First dose: Wednesday night 100 mg; second dose Thursday morning, 100 mg. I didn't feel myself, thought it was from being tired. I began to realize that I didn't feel present. Continued taking medication, and continued to feel this way.. it is called depersonalization. I have felt spacey, as if I am just going through the motions. I am stopping this medication.

Reviewed on March 8, 2013

Tried many things with doctore and finally a combination of birth control pills, the minocyclen and lovoclen 8 percent creamy was has kept my acne to a minium. If I forget to take the pills or not use the face wash it flares back up. I had insurance is pills were only $5 per month

Reviewed on February 22, 2013

I'm 25, and have been suffering from acne pretty much since I was a teenager. Tried everything I could over the counter, finally went to the doctor and was prescribed this with a combination of two lotions for my face (one PM, one AM). I take the pill for this once a day. I was told to expect results in a few months, but after a few weeks I'm already seeing an improvement. It's probably due to the combination of treatments, but it's working. I'm thrilled!

Reviewed on February 7, 2013

Minocycline is not a long-term cure for acne. I was told I would have clear skin for 6 months after stopping. I am 30 years old and have suffered from acne my entire life. I have used pretty much every topical medication available with varying results. If I don't use topical medications consistently, acne worsens. Topical medications alone do not improve acne very much at all.

Reviewed on January 27, 2013

minicycline helps if you take it at the same time everyday i am using this medication alog with diffren gel which works better than just the antibiotic alone.

Reviewed on January 27, 2013

After two weeks of taking it, I started to have an allergic reaction. My eyes started to swell to the point of not being able to open them. I developed hives all over my body. I had swelling in my hands and feet, causing severe pain in my hands, feet, and knees. Loss of appetite for several days. I also was very dizzy. The itching kept me up for most of the night.

Reviewed on January 26, 2013

A year ago I broke out, BADLY! We're talking about pimple and cysts everywhere. It doesn't help your cause when you add depression into the mix. My dermatologist prescribed me Minocycline along with Epiduo..After a month I saw a completely different person. I was clear, happy, and enjoyed the life I never had throughout my teenage years. This medication saved my life : D Then I began getting pimples on my scalp which made me want to scratch my scalp all the time. So I decided to stop taking it and side effects stopped after a week or so. Overall, a good antibiotic.

Reviewed on January 22, 2013

Beware of using Minicycline as many people can develop an allergic reaction while taking. Each time I took the medication I developed severe itching on my arms and legs and eventually broke out with many tiny little hives on the undersides of my forearms. It wasn't nearly a serious reaction but nevertheless something to avoid. Obviously don't continue use if you see signs of an allergic reaction.