Page 4 of Doxycycline Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.4/5 - 1193 reviews

Brand: Doxycycline

Doxycycline Hyclate.

Lactose monohydrate; microcrystalline cellulose; sodium lauryl sulfate; sodium chloride; talc; anhydrous lactose; corn starch; crospovidone; magnesium stearate; cellulosic polymer coating.

First thing that worked for me
Reviewed on August 15, 2013

I was prescribed Doryx 150 mg last summer after I went on ortho-tricyclen lo for which completely messed my skin up. This was the first thing that actually worked for me! I was 14 at the time and now I am 15. I started to see results with this antibiotic within days of taking it and I finally felt confident again. I was on it until December and my dermatologist brought me down to half the pill. I wasn't happy about it but with antibiotics you cannot stay on it for long since your body gets immune to it. My skin was clear but I started to get mild breakouts and eventually he brought me down to 1/3 of the pill and that's when I started to break out a lot more. It could clear up your skin really well but it won't last forever. Now I am still on the birth control and off the doryx and planning to go on accutane. I am taking ampicillin 500x mg, twice a day and my skin isn't doing bad.. also I have my last day tomorrow of red and blue light therapy. So, now I am just waiting to go on accutane & praying it will cure me. If you haven't tried an antibiotic that works for you, really consider this drug because it can help you but for only a certain period of time.

Be pacient....
Reviewed on July 27, 2013

Im not really take this medication like the doctor tell me... Im just take 1 a day with meals...because it is strong medication and is bad for my stomach... Before i took 2 a day and i felt tired and felt stomachache...now fell better and I see my face clean but not really 100% ..but its ok for me I feel better now but still feel tired... :/... Just you see the result in a couple a months...

price jump
Reviewed on July 26, 2013

I started using this because my insurance wouldn't cover minocycline for acne anymore. The minocycline works better, but this drug works almost as well. The problem is that it was economical, but now the price is around $100 for 30, 50mg. pills. Since the price increase my insurance stopped covering this drug for acne as well.

pointless...
Reviewed on July 25, 2013

I took this product to help with my moderate acne. It's mostly on my cheeks and my forehead. I've had acne since about 5th grade and since last year i have been trying to find an oral contraceptive to help. I've tried tetracyclen, doxycycline and now i'm on Ortho tri-cyclen. i was on doxycycline for about 4 months and it did help my acne a little bit but it didn't completely clear my skin which is what i was hoping for. This pill made me develop acid reflex which was very painful. I also started getting heat flashes once in a while and my face started turning REALLY red all the time and people noticed.

Temporarily clears
Reviewed on August 15, 2012

Doxy completely cleared up my skin and has made it look way better than it has in years. I also use Epiduo at night, but I'm convinced that Doxy is what has improved my skin so much. Within 2 months, I saw significant improvement in my acne, and from there on I only saw more. Now, I am completely clear, and if I ever do get pimples they are extremely small whiteheads. I still get a pustule maybe once every two months or so. I am very happy with what Doxy has done for me.

EDIT one year later: I still think Doxy got me out of one of the worst breakouts of my life, however, it did stop working after about 5 months of use. Basically, this only temporarily clears the skin, but sometimes you need that extra boost.

puke
Reviewed on June 17, 2013

Eat when you take this. I forgot once and I threw up in class.

Regret trying this
Reviewed on June 14, 2013

I was taking oral doxycycline 200mg daily for 1 month then 100 mg daily for 5 months. I was using a mild cleanser and a salicylic acid toner (which reduces marks but not pimples).

My skin was markedly improved in 2 weeks or so. It felt really amazing at the time because i would wake up... go to the mirror and my skin would look like a normal person's for almost 6 months. I did get tiny whiteheads around my period but nothing serious. They would go away quickly. It cleared my face and back which were the only places i ever got acne.

About a week after coming off the antibiotics I started to break out really badly. I got multiple painful cysts about 2 weeks after stopping and I broke out for the first time on my chest. It was aweful. It took a while to get my skin to calm down and I wished I could've locked myself up in my house while it was recovering. It made me regret ever trying it in the first place.

Worth the Side Effects?
Reviewed on June 14, 2013

My Dr. gave me a few weeks script of Doxy to jump start my acne clear up regimen. It helped to slow down the acne flair ups. However, it gave me a horrible side effect of a yeast infection. I stopped using it and of course my acne came back full force. So I began using the Doxy again, and 2 weeks in I got another yeast infection.

My Dr. switched me to a topical clindamycin, which I've been using for almost a year. HELPS! The Doxy, not so much.

If I'm on it FOREVER .... great!?!
Reviewed on June 12, 2013

This worked great for my cystic acne. Used it twice for extended periods of time (6 months & then 1 year). Just recently discontinued use 2 weeks ago. Exactly as with what happened the last time, not even 2 weeks later ..... 4 PAINFUL, CYSTIC pimples have already appeared on my chin (all within the last 3 days) .... and I have a huge social function to attend this weekend. I know long term antibiotics are potentially dangerous because of the possibility of drug resistant microorganisms; but ...... I WANT MY ANTIBIOTICS BACK!!!!

not impressed
Reviewed on June 9, 2013

this stuff is the same as any medication, it will work for a while but your acne will eventually come back.