Page 5 of Tetracycline Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.3/5 - 347 reviews

Brand: Tetracycline

250 mg or 500 mg Tetracycline hydrochloride.

Inactive ingredients:
Colloidal silicon dioxide, D&C Yellow #10, gelatin, pregelatinized starch, propylene glycol, shellac glaze (modified), stearic acid, and titanium dioxide. The 250 mg capsules also contain black iron oxide, FD&C Blue #1 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Blue #2 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Red #40 Aluminum Lake, and FD&C Yellow #6. The 500 mg capsules also contain ammonium hydroxide, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Red #40, and simethicone.

Reviewed on September 20, 2011

Good for someone with mild acne, but not for someone with bad acne.

Reviewed on August 27, 2011

I was on this antibiotic for 1 year 2 months!

First few months where great, my skin had dramatically cleared up, i would have at least one new whitehead everyday.. but such an improvement.

Gradually after about 3 months of being on this med, my skin adjusted to the antibiotic and got worse and worse, a year and 2 months had passed and my skin was back to square one, just as bad as when i had started except now it had spread all around my face, nose, chin, forehead, and where it was originally, around my mouth and smile lines..

I would recommend it if you are looking for a quick fix, but for a lasting cure, no chance, i'm currently on another antibiotic, waiting for accutane..

Reviewed on August 13, 2011

Damn. I was so looking forward to this treatment. After suffering with acne for 6 years and dealing with the awful years of secondary school and stupid expectations my self esteem finally took an all time low. The doctor pescribed me with this (1 a day). After a month and a half my skin was glowing; all that was left on my face was acne scars and maybe the odd pimple. I thought i'd found my miracle treatment. For the next month or so, while I finished the course of drugs, people began to notice me and really comment on how good my skin looked. Honestly, I'd never been happier with peoples positive interactions with me. Anyway, aftter 3 weeks of finishing the tetracycline my acne came back and far worse. Evenmore disheartening was the fact I was getting used to having a clear face. Once again self esteem took an all time low and I really began to hide away Anyway I have surrounded myself with a good group of friends and I guess thats all that matters.

Despite the fact that tetracyline didnt work for me, it doesnt mean that it wouldnt for others. I'm pretty sure it would in fact. If you do try it, just bear in mind that it probably will come back first time, several courses may be neccessary. Good Luck. And just remember that acne doesn't need to consume your life, like I let it do with mine.

By the way, I've now been on tetracycline twice, and my doctor doesnt think its worth repeating, so we are looking for alternatives.

Reviewed on August 13, 2011

I love this! It has made my skin really nice and clear! I don't know about the other people, but they should have had other creams prescribed with the Tetracycoline, and YOU HAVE TO WASH YOUR FACE WHILE TAKING THIS!!!!!!!!! It isn't a magic pill! The laws of physics still apply to this pill! You dermatologist doen't get his supplies from the guy who sold Jack his magic beanstalk beans! You still have to wash you face with whatever is recommended by your dermatologist, and keep your face clean! I don't know about you other guys, but I was still thorough with my skin care regeime, and I saw results. So bottom bottom line; THIS ISN'T A MAGIC PILL! WASH YOUR FACE REGULARLY, AND RESULTS SHOULD APPEAR!!!!

Reviewed on August 12, 2011

This was my lifesaver. I was 14 when acne struck me and it struck me hard. I had tried EVERY topical solution imagainable. Eventually after about eight months I gave in and went to a dermotologist and got a tetracycline and epiduo. I take 250 mg twice a day and use epidou at night. It takes about 2 months for it to completely get rid of your acne. Since it is not a cure, you will get a breakout everynow and then but they go away much sooner. Unfournutaly since my acne got so bad, i have some hyperpigmentation but other than those spots, i have NO acne whatsoever. I never experianced upset stomach or teeth yellowing but everyone is different. I highly reccomend this product as it really changes your skin completely. Im 15 now and my skin and self confidence couldnt be better. (:

Reviewed on August 11, 2011

I would serious reconsider taking this drug for your acne. If you can do with topicals, stick with those. The side effects I experienced were far wost than my acne has ever been.

Reviewed on August 10, 2011

I took this for a little over a year and it worked extremely well! it took about two months to COMPLETELY clear up my skin. The only problem is that once i stopped taking it, my acne came back worse than ever before.

Reviewed on August 4, 2011

I used this product years ago when I was a teen. It didn't work well and made my teeth yellow over the years!

Reviewed on July 25, 2011

This didnt work for me. I wanted it to.... but it didnt. It didnt make my acne worse or better. It was like not even taking anything at all... except for the side affects. I think if I did keep on using this, i would have gone blind because everyday my eyesight kept getting worse. So, i used this for 4 weeks and saw NO improvement and only got bad things out of it. Bad pill. I wouldnt take it again and i dont recommend it unless you want terrible side affects.

Reviewed on July 13, 2011

I began taking this and it began clearing my acne within a week or two. I loved it and i thought that I had found a new magic medicine. My acne completely cleared up and I was happy. Since my acne cleared, i assumed that I no longer needed to take it. My acne came back stronger and more aggressive than ever so i went back on tetracycline and it no longer worked. Nothing seems to work now.

However, I would definitely recommend taking this first before trying something like accutane or a harsh face cream.