Page 4 of Tetracycline Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.3/5 - 350 reviews

Brand: Tetracycline

250 mg or 500 mg Tetracycline hydrochloride.

Inactive ingredients:
Colloidal silicon dioxide, D&C Yellow #10, gelatin, pregelatinized starch, propylene glycol, shellac glaze (modified), stearic acid, and titanium dioxide. The 250 mg capsules also contain black iron oxide, FD&C Blue #1 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Blue #2 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Red #40 Aluminum Lake, and FD&C Yellow #6. The 500 mg capsules also contain ammonium hydroxide, FD&C Blue #1, FD&C Red #40, and simethicone.

Reviewed on February 7, 2012

The dermotologist suggested that taking Tetracycline twice every day for 2 months will give me clear skin but sadly, shes very wrong. This medicine hasn't made a difference on my skin and I've been consistence with it since day 1. The cycle just keeps on rotating... New pimples are growing while old zits are leaving my skin with hyperpigmentation marks that takes forever to go away. In a few weeks, my doctor is finally going to put me on accutane; I just had enough with acne. I couldn't take the low-self esteem, low-self confident, and depression that comes along with it any longer. Acne has been the longest and toughest battle I had to fight against ever since I reach puberty. My decision is set and accutane is the choice I will make. Although Tetracycline wasn't working for me, that doesn't mean it will not work for you. I just had too much sebum production on my face and this medicine couldn't cure it.

Reviewed on February 6, 2012

Started on the 22nd december, now the 6th febuary and somehow my spots have literally gone in the last week, like im not just saying that each day i got less and less and less and now i have non, just quite a lot of hyper pigmentation, completely cleared pustular and papular acne, and slowly clearing my comedonal acne, dont matter though going on roaccutane cos i dont wanna go through acne again.

Also started to eat healthy and only wash my face with water around same time i cleared up, dunno if its coincedental, but i believe if you eat all this bad junk food then it will come out in your face, and look at your facial washer and read all the chemicals, surely not good to put on your face? Look at the eskimo people for example, not a case of acne and then the americans colonised there and acne became apparent in the population, bad food... i dunno, also take flaxseed oil and havent experianced a outbreak, EVERYONES DIFFERENT YOU AINT GUNNA FIND AN ANSWER FOR YOUR TROUBLES UNLESS YOUR TRY IT

Reviewed on December 29, 2011

Used for a year, stopped working after 6 months

DO NOT TAKE THIS!!! I wish I could go back to before I took this and try natural diet and supplements as my skin has never been the same.

I also now suffer from digestion problems.

Reviewed on December 15, 2011

i have bad acne which does lower my self esteem quite a bit....The first week of using this was awesome. my cysts reduced dramatically and my face became less red. I have been on it for a little over 2 weeks. The last couple days i have been drinking a lot of milk (milk blocks the tetracycline) so it hasnt been working as much the last few days. it still is slowly improving. I am going to cut dairy from my diet completely to see what happens. The only side effect i am experiencing is that i have to fart like crazy after meals( i think its from the tetracycline

Reviewed on December 4, 2011

Many side effects that I thankfully did not experience. Difficult to swallow those nasty capsules twice a day (on an empty stomach--requires timing), finally quit after it did not help my acne four months down the line.

Reviewed on December 3, 2011

long term effects not worth short term fix. look into lifestyle and diet changes. was male in 30s when taking

Reviewed on November 1, 2011

Easy to take, and a good step up from benzyl peroxide. But, ultimately, did not make a huge difference, despite taking it for over a year.

Reviewed on October 24, 2011

i reccomend it! it works like a charm. it only takes about 8 weeks for it to completely clear it up which is a miracle! i will keep using it!

.don't have any dairy within an hour of taking it

you need to drink a lot of water to wash it down and eat something too

. you still need to wash your face and such!

Reviewed on October 18, 2011

There isn't a bottom line I haven't already gone passed in all these years so I might as well go for it.