Page 5 of Minocycline Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.2/5 - 1075 reviews

Brand: Minocycline

50 mg, 75 mg, or 100 mg of Minocycline.

Magnesium stearate and starch (corn), D&C Red No. 28, D&C Yellow No. 10, gelatin, silicon dioxide, sodium lauryl sulfate and titanium dioxide.

The 100 mg capsule shell also contains black iron oxide.

Great treatment but not permanent
Reviewed on May 31, 2013

I took Minocyclin until about a year ago and it worked amazingly. Cleared me up completely within about 4 months and then I stayed on it for another year until i reached my maximum treatment period. Did not have any sideeffects. About 10 months after treatment my acne came back, however not as bad.

Reviewed on May 2, 2013

I started to have acne around the age of 12, and it eventually got worse. My doctor put me on minocycline when I was 14. The first month or two it started to help a little. I noticed that I got fewer breakouts. Though after about 3-4 months it started to get worse again, and now it doesn't even help my skin.

Reviewed on April 29, 2013

I'm 28 with adult onset acne. I've taken doxycycline before (also in the tetracycline family), but minocycline has been much more effective. I realize it's not a long term solution, but it has worked to minimize the cystic acne that was flaring up. Unfortunately, I had pretty bad side effects. I started out with 100mg tabs twice daily and got horrible headaches, dizziness, eye pain, etc. The dose was adjusted to 100mg once daily and I still get headaches, but the dizziness is gone. Overall, I think it's a decent product to kick start a remission of acne before starting something like spirnolactone or accutane. It's affordable relatively easy to take.

Reviewed on March 21, 2013

Cleared up acne fairly well the first few months. Had minimal break outs and skin was looking a lot better. After about 4 months, started to see skin discoloration and pimples started coming back. At this point, my face appears to be worse then when I started. i would only recommend this for a short term solution.

Reviewed on March 15, 2013

This is an okay med so far as it has helped me out a lot, however I am worried about acne coming back after I go off it and I hoped it would clear me skin entirely and really keep the pimples away which it hasn't quite....

Reviewed on March 13, 2013

I have had issues with acne forever. I've been on a bunch of different antibiotics. This seems to work the best. I took it first month and my acne did not flare up during that special time of month like it normally does. I was perscribed birth control to help with acne too but I think the bc caused my skin to flare up worse. Now I'm sticking just to this antibiotic hoping it clears up quickly. Know that everyone is different so don't go off all reviews

Reviewed on March 10, 2013

You need a prescription. Go to your dermatologist and see if they will give you minocycline or doxycycline. It is def. more mild than accutane (most effective treatment in my opinion.

Reviewed on March 9, 2013

I really cannot say if this product if effective of not.. BUT- side effects were instantly noticed. Prescribed dose of 100mg @ AM & PM. First dose: Wednesday night 100 mg; second dose Thursday morning, 100 mg. I didn't feel myself, thought it was from being tired. I began to realize that I didn't feel present. Continued taking medication, and continued to feel this way.. it is called depersonalization. I have felt spacey, as if I am just going through the motions. I am stopping this medication.

Reviewed on March 8, 2013

Tried many things with doctore and finally a combination of birth control pills, the minocyclen and lovoclen 8 percent creamy was has kept my acne to a minium. If I forget to take the pills or not use the face wash it flares back up. I had insurance is pills were only $5 per month

Reviewed on February 22, 2013

I'm 25, and have been suffering from acne pretty much since I was a teenager. Tried everything I could over the counter, finally went to the doctor and was prescribed this with a combination of two lotions for my face (one PM, one AM). I take the pill for this once a day. I was told to expect results in a few months, but after a few weeks I'm already seeing an improvement. It's probably due to the combination of treatments, but it's working. I'm thrilled!