Page 5 of Doxycycline Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.5/5 - 1174 reviews

Brand: Doxycycline

Doxycycline Hyclate.

Lactose monohydrate; microcrystalline cellulose; sodium lauryl sulfate; sodium chloride; talc; anhydrous lactose; corn starch; crospovidone; magnesium stearate; cellulosic polymer coating.

Reviewed on May 7, 2013

I've had acne (moderate/severe) for about 8 years now, but lately I started breaking out badly on my forehead. Then, on my chin and cheeks. I was so fed up with it, and had to find a solution because I didn't want it to get worse.

So, I went to a dermatologist and she prescribed me Doxycycline. I took 100 mg once a day. It took a while (1-2 months) for it to work, so be patient. First, I broke out like crazy, then after a while it cleared up.

Now, I am on my third month of taking it and I am very pleased with the results. I am acne-free, but every time I forget to take my prescription (let's say for two or three days) I get a zit or two, so I am a little hesitant to get off my meds, because I know it will come back to haunt me again.

Reviewed on April 23, 2013

My recommendation should be the least of your concern because this medication is to be recommended and prescribed by your doctor or derm. For me it works great. Give it a try if you're offered the chance!

Reviewed on April 19, 2013

I was on Accutane for 3 months, then followed up with this medication. I've been on it for almost a year, taking 100mg/day before bed. It helps, but you have to keep taking it to stay acne free. It also keeps yeast infections around for women. I would recommend it for normal acne, but not severe. My acne was cystic/severe. This is the second time in my life taking Accutane, first time Doxycycline.

Reviewed on April 18, 2013

I loved my skin when it finally did clear up. But the side affects we're too much to handle for me. Once I ran out and didn't refill, the acne came right back.

Reviewed on March 31, 2013

Its an antibiotic, so its going to have some bad results if is consume in a wrong way.

The key is very simple: don't eat anything with calcium three hours before and three hours after taking it, because CALCIUM prevents the body to absorb it. Some days I wait just 2 hours.

I buy cookies without calcium to eat with the antibiotic, so my stomach not hurt. And wait 1 hour before go to bed!

Reviewed on March 30, 2013

Have been on doxy for 6 months. Started with 100mg a day have now been on 200mg a day for 3 months. When I went away and forgot the product for 2 days I did start breaking out again which shows this product does help control the acne a little. However, my skin is far far from clear meaning it did not fully work for me. Used with a cetaphil oily skin cleanser.

Reviewed on March 29, 2013

I have been taking doxycycline 50mg/day for about a month now and I have noticed little results but not dramatic. I have two months left and am rather worried my acne will come back worse.

Reviewed on March 25, 2013

Just didn't work for me. This drug was crap, and now I've wasted over $120 bucks, AND my time. I'm getting married in 40 days and have just started birth control to try to clear up my skin, but I wish I hadn't wasted 8 months on doxycycline.

Reviewed on March 23, 2013

If your acne is severe and cystic, don't waste your time with this crap, get Accutane. Accutane was my saving grace, I am now acne free FINALLY! I have tried other cheaper regimes that worked. My email: davidsmb07@[link removed]

Reviewed on March 21, 2013

I've had severe acne for 8 years. Nothing had worked. After taking Doxy for three weeks my skin was completely clear. However, I got majorly depressed andould cry for no reason. It isn't worth it.