Page 3 of Doxycycline Oral Antibiotic reviews

3.5/5 - 1223 reviews

Brand: Doxycycline

Doxycycline Product Pictured:
100mg of Doxycycline Hyclate.

Lactose monohydrate; microcrystalline cellulose; sodium lauryl sulfate; sodium chloride; talc; anhydrous lactose; corn starch; crospovidone; magnesium stearate; cellulosic polymer coating.

Doxycycline Oral Antibiotic

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Reviewed on February 9, 2015

Okay, so I never write reviews but this prescription really cleared my face! My break outs got so bad by December of last year that it started affected my life In a negative way. I decided I've had enough so I decided to go to my school doctor, and she prescribed me this. I took 100 mg twice daily for two months. The first month I didn't notice much improvement in fact I broke out a bit more ! However, I just finished my second month and I literally only have four pimples left! Of course, I do have some scarring but they are very faint. I would post pictures here but I don't think I can? Anyways I would recommend ! The only side effect I had was that if I took it without food I would get very nauseous, so I had to take it with food.

She recently changed me to minocycline for my 3rd month, so I will keep this updated!

Works decent for a while, mild stomach upset
Reviewed on February 6, 2015

Took this as a 23 year old female with moderate acne - took 100mg/day for 3 months, and then 200mg/day for 9 months.

For me, this product started working quickly, and my moderate acne became mild for the first 8 months I took it. After that, the effectiveness slowly dwindled, as my acne became resistant to the antibiotic (as it always does eventually). I have heard that applying topical benzoyl peroxide can delay this resistance, but I did not try it personally.

I think it's worth noting that while I have taken 5 different oral antibiotics for acne, this is the only one that seemed to upset my stomach. I experienced intermittent nausea on the higher dose. It was a pain, but not enough of a pain for me to give up my clear-er skin, so I persisted.

by EZfreezy on 05/11/2015 22:24
Benzoyl peroxide only decreases the chance of antibiotic resistance with topical antibiotics, not oral ones.
3 years already
Reviewed on January 8, 2015

Ive taking doxycycline for 3 years already. Best thing you can try for your acne. It clear my acne in a week or so. Control my back and chest acne too.

The only bad thing is you have to tape it and mostly you will get alot of pimples but its only a month. This is what i do.

Take it for 5 months then one month off. And repet. I will start using retin a for better results but im pretty content with doxy. I would recomend to anyone

by mickeyAcneNoMore on 01/20/2015 06:59
OMW!! you have no idea how i feel. This was my miracle in a capsule :) My acne cleared up in like max two weeks. I have been using it for the past four months now and my skin is freaking awesome. No pimples at all. And my acne scars has lightened like by 75%. This was my cure.
Gave up during the second round.
Reviewed on January 1, 2015

After i tried everything that it's on the market and everything failed to give any results, the dermatologist put me on a 3 month doxycycline prescription. This happened in Europe.

It cleared everything in two weeks , no more breakouts, no side effects. I was happy.

After i finished the entire 3 months treatment, after only two weeks, the plague called acne came back. I went back to the dermatologist ( this time in US ) and i asked for doxy again thinking that maybe my body needs more antibiotics to kill the bacteria. I've seen no results after two weeks and our doxy is so different from the European one. It gives me some serious stomachache , kills my appetite and zero results. So i would not recommend you this.

Reviewed on December 31, 2014

Took it for six months. Cleared comes ones on forehead. Did nothing for black heads. Helped my back and chest acne but my cheeks stayed the same, probably 5+ pimples all the time. I have ibs and it screwed with my gut. I had a raging yeast infection for like 3 weeks. Overall not worth it

Reviewed on December 18, 2014

to day starts day two of being on doxy. Its to early to note any changes but reading the reviews, i'm hopeful this will push my treatment faster to get clear skin. I'm getting married in september, at this point my skin is making me second guess my date. around the same time every month, my skin breaks out and i get 1-3 cystic pimples on my face... unfortunately without thinking, i booked my wedding date around the time of month my break outs happen. I'll be updating my review as i go along. I'm also on two other treatments with this; Morning: aczone Night: adapalene cream 1%.

Not for me
Reviewed on December 1, 2014

Ughh.... these were such a pain! Did nothing but give me stomach pains - skin didn't clear at all

Not good
Reviewed on November 7, 2014

I just couldn't get past day three. The nausea and headaches are what kept me off these meds. Opted for mino..much better!

Review for Doxy
Reviewed on October 3, 2014

Doxycyline like most antibiotics gets rid of the bacteria associated with acne, so you definitely see some sort of improvement in your acne with Doxy. For me I definitely saw an improvement in my skin, and it seemed to stop any new blemishes from forming as well it dried any spots that were currently hanging out on my face. I still would get a few spots here and there but not deep painful ones. Out of all antibiotics I prefer Bactrim, it works best for me in total clearing of my skin. You most likely will see some improvement in your skin with Doxy though! Be sure to use sun screen though with any antibiotic... you don't want to have to deal with brown spots too. I would give Doxy a 3.5/4 stars.

Very agressive
Reviewed on September 22, 2014

I started using it a week ago , but was very aggressive with my stomach ... so I decided to stop treatment .. does not work for me, my skin is as always, a bit dry and moderate acne . I am aware that I have not used it for the recommended time , but nothing changed , exept that I now have acne and stomach pain .

by rayde on 10/11/2014 07:28
The nausea and stomach pain is normal (I got it pretty bad at first). Even though i was told to take it on an empty stomach, users recommend having it with food (like a snack). I found it significantly improved my stomach pain. No more nausea either. Be sure to take it with a little food (just no dairy). If you found it gave you diarrhea or indigestion its because the drug kills good bacteria in your stomach too (effecting how you process food, at least when you're adjusting to the drug). I take Culturelle, which is a bacteria supplement for healthy digestion, daily (just not at the same time as doxy).