Onexton Clindamycin Phosphate (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (3.75%) Gel reviews

4.3/5 - 6 reviews

Brand: Onexton

Onexton Clindamycin Phosphate (1.2%) and Benzoyl Peroxide (3.75%) Gel

Each gram of ONEXTON Gel contains 12mg Clindamycin Phosphate (1.2%), equivalent to 10 mg (1%) Clindamycin, and 37.5mg Benzoyl Peroxide (3.75%).

Carbomer 980, Potassium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol, and Purified Water.

worth a try!
Reviewed on March 25, 2017

This stuff really does clear up your skin! As soon as I started using this, I noticed my skin was clearer the very next day. You gotta give it at least 2-3 months for it to really kick in. Highly recommend using a good moisturizer cause this stuff will dry your skin out! Also caused my skin to be somewhat flaky :/ but really did clear things up.

Starting today, will update
Reviewed on March 16, 2016

About a year and a half ago I started on minocycline and aczone. This cleared my face like no other! But I've decided recently to start family planning, so I thought it best to discontinue the minocycline. I've broken out into a million black heads across my forhead and chin. along with about 10 or so white heads. I've yet to get any cyctic since i started the aczone, so i'm hoping this will clear up the remaining and keep the white heads from getting so inflamed. I was on Duac years ago but the BP content was higher and dried my skin out.

WEEK ONE: Across my face all the pimples are healing and no longer inflamed. Nothing really new popping up, besided two really small white heads. once i popped them, couldn't even see them. skin is tight but no dry patches

Morning:onexton +acuzone+philosophy clear days a head moisturizer + clinique dramatically different gel

Night:onexton +acuzone+philosophy clear days a head pads+ clinique dramatically different gel

by TaminFl on 01/28/2017 01:06
I take spironolactine...50 mg morning and 50 mg at night. No bad side effects
Onexton--great results
Reviewed on December 27, 2015

I have been fighting cystic acne for over ten years now. They are terrible on my chin. I have tried numerous topical products that only worked as bandaids. The only thing that actually got rid of my cysts were the cortisone shots I received in my derm's office. I have been on this product for a month now, and I am seeing great results. It keeps my skins, for the most part, even. One can never expect perfection, especially if his/her acne is caused by hormones and hair growth, but the Onexton actually got rid of a cyst in three days. That is amazing!

I know my derm wants me to take oral medication, but I refuse. (In fact, if you use oral meds and love it, please let me know which one (other than birth control) you use.) My cystic acne, I am sure, is more hormonal as opposed to environmental. The side-effects to those oral meds ( I have read) are overwhelming. And although my acne causes me a lot of stress, I am determined to find alternative methods. So far, Onexton has been a great method. I also use a strict cleansing regime of Skinceuitcal products every morning and night. I also clean my make-up applications (sponges) DAILY.

As far as how I used it: I started off small, and I recommend you doing this. I put a small amount only on part of my chin where I get the cysts. I wanted to see how my skin reacted to the gel. I did this twice daily. I followed with a great moisturizer (Dermological) to help with the drying. I then moved to the areas around my nose, and now (a month later), I'm using it on my entire face. It gets red at first, but then quickly dissipates.

I don't expect this to work forever as I'm convinced that skin builds a tolerance, but for now, it's a great product. Give it a try!

Best Treatment Tried!
Reviewed on August 19, 2015

My son has had persistent mild to moderate acne for a few years now. He has tried numerous things and nothing has ever really worked. He recently saw a new derm, who recommended Onexton. And so far, it's amazing! His skin looked better within days and now at one month, he has no active acne. Previously, he had tried Retin A, Tazorac, the regimen, Finacea, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, and they either didn't work at all, or only gave minimal improvement. Onexton really works!

Amazing
Reviewed on July 9, 2015

I used every Rx thinkable in the last 2 years. Tomorrow marks 5 weeks on this drug and nothing has worked this well. I have 1 or 2 stragglers here and there but that's its. 1 full coverage before work, it dries clear, spot treat at night. I'm washing with ceravae once a day and use retin-A .25 before bed. It's expensive and there's a generic, which I used for a year, so your insurance will probably argue with you over it. Luckily I was able to get it approved and had a manufacturers coupon so it was affordable. But it is worth the money. No idea why it works better than the generic but it does. Get this drug. You won't be sorry.

MUST TRY THIS DRUG
Reviewed on June 4, 2015

This drug is a miracle. I have tried everythinggggg...even acutane. Acutane cleared my skin but approx. 6months after using that drug I started to break out again. Onexton cleared my skin incredibly fast and cleared my skin better than acutane did. I HIGHLY recommend this drug

by alynn12 on 07/07/2015 03:08
Hello, I've been on onexton as well as Tazorac for 3 weeks now. And my skin has gotten incredibly worse than when I had first started. I'm curious... Did you experience this? Did your skin have a bad "purge"?
by MagicalSphere on 09/11/2015 16:14
Tazorac and other retnoids like differin and retin-a make my skin break out like crazy! They're terrible for me. Maybe stop that and see what happens because I've heard only good things about onexton. I just got my prescription today so hopefully it works!