Omega Shea Butter reviews

Brand: Omega

100% Whipped Shea Butter

I quite enjoy this :-)
Reviewed on September 13, 2014

This is the only thing that has kept my acne at bay. I make a face cream out of this with coconut oil and tea tree oil and slather it on my face every night. I know, oil on oily skin sounds scary (it horrified me and my sticky oily face at first) but certain oils help and heal your acne ridden skin. If I don't use this, my acne gets worse. Not the other way around. So don't be scared, and use this stuff all over for healthy glowing skin. Works well with baking soda to clean and coffee grounds for exfoliation :-)

Night Cream:

1 tbs coconut oil

3 tbs shea butter

3-4 drops of tea tree oil (more if your acne is particularly bad. I used 5)

Mush together until a thick oily paste. Put on face at night after washing your face (I don't wash my face everyday, this keeps it clean and healthy on the in-between days). Don't use a ton, a pea sized amount per area of acne/face will work well. Rub between fingers until melted into oil and apply. Rub in well and sleep. Take care :-)

So Love It and nothing else!!👏😘
Reviewed on May 14, 2014

I am in my mid 30's and still suffer from adult acne and I also starting to get wrinkles and you name it I have tried everything. So about a month or so ago I started doing my research on 100% unrefined pur raw Shea Butter before I began using it especially since I had used palmers coco butter when I was pregnate for my first time I had got stretch marks and I was not happy one bit with it since it did not work on my skin, and so I was a bit skeptical about trying pur Shea Butter but while during my reaserch I found that refined or processes Shea Butter is No Good and why is because it takes away all the healing properties so in which it doesn't do the job your hoping for which leaves you upset or frustrated because you just waisted your time and money on nothing but crap, which a lot of us do because we trust and take the consumer there word that there product is going to work. So with that if your going to try or use Shea Butter it should always be 100% Raw Unrefined Pur Shea Butter why because it has no chemicals or other crap in it and plus your getting all the healing properties your needing to do the job you paid for. But still with that just don't buy the first thing do your research in the product but also the consumer your purchasing it from.

I myself do not use this brand they have on this page, I myself use CheMeky Unrefined Shea Butter and I love it even though it's pretty pricy it goes a long way and I am no longer having to buy wrinkle creams or acne stuff and ect anymore and plus it's good for your hair, nails, burns, eczema, rocasia, psoriasis, insect bites, cuts, you name it you got your miracle in a jar.. 😉

I myself use Shea Butter out threw the day when I first get up in the morning before applying my make- up but I apply it on very lightly before applying my make up so it's not too oily and then when night time comes I wash it off and my skin is still so smooth and I recommend using I light cleanser. I myself use Bare Face Cleansing Oil by Julep and I love it because these are the only two products I use anymore. So good luck.😉

Anyhow I hope this helps if you still have doubts.

Not bad!
Reviewed on January 31, 2014

I applied this on my face every morning. It's a great moisturizer, and makes my skin look great, healthy, and with a nice looking shine. Sometimes it can clog your face if you don't wash it at the end of the day before you go to bed.

It evened out my skin texture.

It's worth a try.

Shea butter is a no no
Reviewed on November 24, 2013

I usually use Palmers Cocoa Butter but i ran out and decided to use my sisters shea butter. She uses it for her hair though. Ive been an acne sufferer and been clear for two years now thanks to research and habits. So of course i looked up reviews on shea butter. Some were good reviews some bad. So everyone is different so i gave it a try. Omg break outtt mania! I was getting cyst and so many white heads and i started picking again :( still recovering after 2 months. Pleaseeeee dont use shea butter on your face!

Moisturizes AND heals!!!
Reviewed on November 23, 2013

I never write reviews... This stuff works better than all the millions of other moisturizers I've tried, so here I am. EVERY moisturizer makes my acne worse. Lotions, argan oil, jojoba oil, natural stuff, drugstore stuff, expensive stuff... Plus at 36, I have some wrinkles (ex smoker) and my skin is so unbalanced between dryness and oiliness. I've been using organic, unrefined, pure shea butter for a week, and the results are amazing. The 3 cystics I had are healing faster than ever, and I'm getting like 1/10th of new pimpkes compared to usual. My tones more even and I swear my wrinkles already look a tad better. When I use it on my body, I'm silky smooth. So not only does it not break me out, it doesn't make my skin greasy and it's actually helping my acne. I know there are mixed reviews bit that's like everything out there. I'm glad I tried it for sure.

by animalplanetjanet on 02/14/2014 05:44
I just want to update my review, and say that 3 months later, my shea butter is still working great! My skin tone is more even than it's been in years, and still no breakouts (except from my usual hormonal fluctuations, boo...) So for me it's one of those awesome finds that didn't turn on me weeks or months later, as I know so many of us go through with acne. And it has noticeably reduced my wrinkles :)
Reviewed on April 18, 2013

I use unrefined shea butter imported from Africa. That is the only shea butter anyone should use, and it is 100% non comedogenic. If you put it on lightly it won't leave a greasy look, and when you want a deeper moisturization you can just put some more on. It's soothing and cheap and the only moisturizer besides Dan's that I love.

Reviewed on March 20, 2013

I am looking to make a switch to organic products and purchased Maiga Facial Cleanser and Maiga Handmade Shea Butter (with aloe vera) upon recommendation of the salesman. The cleanser has been giving my face a burning sensation and the butter has a bubblegum smell that u only realise when you start using it. I am not pleased at all :(

Reviewed on November 2, 2012

I used 100% unrefined organic virgin shea butter. The kind that smells of forest.

I love how it smells and feels and that it's a 100% natural, but I won't be letting it near my face again. I started to get black heads and under the skin bumps when my problem was only whiteheads before. I'm still dealing with the after math now.

Reviewed on June 11, 2012

Shea World has raw USDA certified organic Shea butter in a variety blends with organic essential oils. Check out [link removed] use a Shea butter that has not been refined with chemicals.

Reviewed on February 27, 2012

I purchased Maiga Facial Cleanser and Maiga Handmade Shea Butter (with aloe vera) to help with my acne. Used them both at night for 5 weeks and I continued to develop new large breakouts.

I called the company and they were not pleasant to speak with. After some hassle, I was able to get my money back, and apparently the sales rep sold me the wrong type of shea butter.