Olive Oil reviews

4.1/5 - 16 reviews

Miracle product, if not I can explain your mistake
Reviewed on January 19, 2014

One day while I was searching for a seemingly hopeless acne/acne scar cure, I came across a comment that talked about extra virgin olive oil massages. It said to massage entire face with oil for 20+ minutes, which would correct skin tone, eliminate acne, get rid of any acne scarring, and moisturize your face all at the same time. Wow, that sounded amazing, like a miracle. I bought some 'orgainic' spanish EVOO from Trader Joes and immediately started massaging that night. The next morning I woke up with a horrible breakout. Every pore clogged. But, i was an idiot and continued to massage every night. My acne started looking worse than ever before, but suprisingly my scars were fading and looking smoother after only a week. But I couldn't deal with the clogged pores so I stopped using it. Immediately after stopping my skin improved, so I believed that I was unlucky and this treatment didn't work for me. Months later I got a facial and the lady there asked how my pores got so clogged up, i told her it was most likely using EVOO. She was surprised, and told me that shouldn't happen because its noncomedogenic. So I went home and did some research. And I found out the olive oil I bought was a from a FRAUD COMPANY and it was not real extra virgin oil. Apparently, 70% of olive oils aren't 100% extra virgin, which explains why so many people are breaking out using this treatment. Look for a local oil company that you can TRUST. Do you research, invest like $10 and you will have beautiful skin for the rest of your life. I guarantee it. Don't listen to the comments saying its not for everybody and it breaks you out. Those people are using fake olive oil like I did. Wash your hands, pour a little oil in your hands, and massage semi-vigorously for 20 minutes a day. Space it out, like 5 in the mornin and 15 at night. Olive oil is a natural sunscreen too so morning application is great. Good luck and have fun with your perfect skin!

by ksdawg on 08/03/2014 09:40
HI, does this also work for indented acne scars? Please say yes.
Who Knew!
Reviewed on June 3, 2013

I have been using ORGANIC Extra Virgin* Olive Oil for a week now and have experienced a noticeable difference already. I mix it with organic honey and use it as a face mask for 30 minutes every night. It takes inflammation right out of my pimples and I haven't had a crazy breakout since I've been using it (knock on wood). It also has been helping with the redness in my face as well. I am not giving it 5 stars quite yet because I want to give it at least 2 weeks to a month to really see what it can do for my face.

Reviewed on April 2, 2013

Watch out with EVOO, great for consuming, not so great on the skin. I tried the OCM (oil cleansing method) with olive oil, and broke out it thousands of tiny infected pimples which took MONTHs to resolve.

Because of this, I threw myself in a terrible viscious circle of irritating my skin with topicals to resolve the acne, which in turn caused more acne, etc...

Watch out with olive oil or the oil cleansing method. It is NOT for everyone.

You've been warned.

Reviewed on December 13, 2012

I use it once a day, just to wash my face. It takes makeup off better than anything and its so gentle. Just rub a little onto your (dry) face, and it will even take off waterproof makeup.

Then I just wet a wash clothe and gently wipe off the makeup and excessive olive oil. Thats it. Helped my severe acne.

Reviewed on November 8, 2012

My acne is sloooowly getting better, however all the pimples that I have had throughout my life have left red marks on my skin. I am very, very pale, so the marks are very noticeable and my face always looks very red due to the fact that it is covered in little red marks.

These marks are allegedly supposed to fade within weeks or months, but mine seem to have lasted for years (no joke).

I had heard some really good things about olive oil and since my mum uses it all the time for cooking, we already had some (so I'm not sure of the exact price - although I know extra virgin olive oil can be quite pricey).

I've only been using it for about a week, but already I'm seeing some great changes!

My red marks are fading (slowly but surely!)

Existing pimples have gone down without leaving a red mark

I haven't had any new bad pimples (and that is really uncommon for me, especially at this time of the month!)

The new pimples that I got were tiny and went away overnight

The blackheads that I've had for about 4 years on my nose are going too

My skin has a really healthy glow and it's super soft

I only use the olive oil at night because it makes your face too greasy to use during the day.

I wash my face with Cetaphil, then I massage on some EVOO and leave it there for 10-15 minutes. Then I wash it off, rub a cotton wool ball soaked in green tea over my face and I'm done!

I would really recommend olive oil. It's all natural and has done some really great things for my skin!

Reviewed on September 23, 2012

Put a little olive oil into your hand and gently massage into face. Leave the oil on for 20 minutes and rinse off with cold water. Repeat every night before bed for great results!:)

Reviewed on August 5, 2012

I usually just rub it on my face to either take off my makeup or clean my face.

Once I rub my face with it I soak a towel in Hot/warm towel and massage my face. :)

Reviewed on July 1, 2012

DO NOT use a lot of this. Also, only use it before you go to bed.

Reviewed on October 2, 2011

I have used OO as a moisturizer in which I used a few drops mixed with cetaphil and worked brilliantly as my skin is very dry. However I wanted to try the OO cleansing method in which you rub the oil onto your face prior to washing. My 2nd day after beginning this I broke out like no body's business. Large cysts began to form on my upper cheeks and jawline. I'm not one to normally be affected by cysts however this was the exception. Believing this initial breakout was just a reaction to my skin purging out the dirt and oils I decide to continue. This continued to get worse with 1-4 new zits daily. In the past my acne has been relatively mild, a lot of blackheads however 1-3 zits at any which time. So anyways it all came to a great climax with my worst breakout ever, literally ever and I've had some vicious ones in the past. My face was covered with large patches of zits formed in my regular problem areas. I have since cut the oil cleansing out of my regimen and am now struggling to get back on the right track. Buyer Beware!

Reviewed on May 24, 2011

I love using this as a make up remover. I also mix it with honey as a mask to wear for dry skin/acne.