Olive Oil reviews

3.7/5 - 28 reviews

Olive Oil

Reviewed on September 26, 2014

I love love love using olive oil for my skin & lips. I started using olive oil last summer for deep tanning and I noticed that my skin was really improving. So I did some research and a loot of people were saying that olive oil was really good for their skin. I decided to stop using all my cleansers and moisturizers (which were burt bee's and say yes to tomatoes..mostly all naturally because I HATE chemicals/non organic crap) and just strictly use olive oil. I made up a routine for myself, which is every night before I go to bed I remove my makeup off with the olive oil and water. I massage the oil into my skin, wash it off with water and then take paper towel and wipe off all the makeup/oil and then once more wash my skin with water (use ONLY warm water, not hot or cold). I pat dry my face and apply nothing else on my skin after. Then in the morning I would only wash my face with water (again no moisturizer or anything). Using olive oil every night allowed my skin to become more moisturized, shinier and softer, and it gave me a more even skin tone. I also use olive oil on my lips in order to make them smooth and shiny. I am so glad I switched to using strictly olive oil for my skin because I have seen huge results. I have always had acne since freshmen year of high school and no matter what moisturizers or face washes I used, nothing helped. This truly is MY miracle beauty product. I can't speak on behalf of everyone because everyones skin is different but it works for me! I would definitely give it a try!! Just make sure that if you're going to be using olive oil, buy a really good one in a glass bottle and store it in a cool, dry place.

by kdeger on 10/19/2014 03:09
Hi! I love your details in this review. I have a couple of questions. 1) Do you use extra virgin olive oil or regular? 2) What brand(s) of olive oil do you use? 3) Do you care to make sure it's good quality olive oil since you use it on your skin? Or do you find that anything works? Thanks!
Oils depend on the skin type
Reviewed on September 20, 2014

I tried some different types of oils and olive was one of them.

It did not work for me! But doesnt mean it wont work for anyone.

After i had tried coconut and olive oil. I came acroos a website that put the oils into cathegories. I wish i could find it again and link it.

Point is, there are two substances oils mainly have X and Y. Cathegories were divided into what had less amount of Y, less for X or equal... and what worked better for what skin type... so coconut oil worked the less for me and had more of Y, Oilve oil didnt work either and had equals mount... so i tried grapeseed oil which had more of X and it worked for me :D so if u have tried 2 of this and nun, try the 3rd.

Love it.
Reviewed on August 7, 2014

It makes my skin super soft. What I do is every 3 days I use a scrub with olive oil and sugar and just scrub away. Then I just wash it off with water. Since oil and water don't mix the olive oil will still be there so it'll moisturize your face. The other days I just apply olive oil and then I wash with a mild cleanser. Since olive oil breaks down the sebum that your clogs pores then I just wash it off so the residue of the clogged pores won't stay there. Then I just apply a little of olive oil for moisturizer and wipe off the excess with a paper towel. I started using it a week ago.

Oil is for eating
Reviewed on May 5, 2014

On an oily face or face with a resistant bacteria it just gives ground to more breakouts. Wouldn't try it again on my face. But delicious on salads.

Not sure
Reviewed on March 23, 2014

Ok so I massaged it onto my face vigorously for 20 mins everyday for about 3-4 weeks until I started to see loads of little red spots on my forehead.

Its really heavy.

Left my skin worse than it was before I done this (all I had was mainly scars)

by ScoobyDoo924 on 04/12/2014 12:07
That was probably too much oil. Also, the massaging might have contributed to that, too. I put the oil on a wet (water) cotton swab and then only put a thin layer.
Very nice
Reviewed on February 7, 2014

Just put a little, that's all. I usually apply it pure and undiluted directly to my face. Been using it for a few weeks. Doesn't break me out and doesn't clog pores like the Cetaphil moisturizer. My oily skin and very oily T-zone stopped being oily and now I look normal. My skin tone has evened out, I don't have to use bleaching cream to get rid of scars. It's worth a try, definitely.

I apply in the morning, and during the afternoon, I apply some more and wipe off the excess to refresh the skin and remove accumulated dirt.

I'll update this in a few months to see if the results are consistent. :)

EDIT:

It calms down pimples, pimples last a few days, rather than weeks.

Works well
Reviewed on December 29, 2013

Didn't get rid of acne but it calmed it down and was a good moisturizer for after face wash

Reviewed on January 25, 2013

Extra Virgin Olive Oil is a miracle prosuct that saved me, before acne broke out. I am so happy for my caribg Italian friends, and I love to use the oil for dry skin, and my food. Everyone should know this Mediterranean secret! It works!

Reviewed on October 25, 2012

I was pretty scared to use any kind of "oil" on my face at all, I always thought oil was the "bad guy" and to be avoided at all costs! However, BP and salicylic acid really do a number on your skin, making mine red and dry and flaky. So I heard some good things, bought a little 2 dollar bottle from Wal-Mart, and took the plunge.

I'm so glad I did! I've never had a problem breaking out from this. It's too heavy to be wearing out during the day, but I gently massage a little bit on before bed and it keeps my skin nice and soft. It also works great as a scrub if you add a little sugar to it, just be gentle and massage lightly. A sugar scrub with olive oil will make your skin feel heavenly. I feel like it's also helped fade some of my scars!

Reviewed on May 15, 2012

When I was 12-13 I would try to kill my acne with tea tree oil. Lo and behold, when you are 12 and have no idea what moderation is, you completely kill your skin lol. My whole face was completely red, flaky, and sore. It had completely shattered my confidence.

After a good 6-8 months of trying 100 different moisturizers, remedies, and the like, I convinced my mom to take me to a dermatologist for it - but I had to get a reference from my GP. He basically facepalmed at me and told me to sleep with a fair amount of olive oil on my face every night for 2 months, and if I didn't see results from that he would refer me to a derm. Within 4 weeks the redness was fading, and by the end of my 2 month term my skin tone was completely back to normal, albeit if I wore make-up you could still see that my skin was a bit flaky.

I'm 19 now and still fight with my dry skin (moisturize, moisturize, moisturize!), and a couple times a month I sleep with olive oil on my face and have no trouble with redness!