Olive Oil reviews

3.8/5 - 31 reviews

Olive Oil

The Cure for All Evil (skin evil that is)
Reviewed on August 18, 2015

I used extra virgin olive oil- cold pressed, every single night before bed for about a whole entire year and my skin remained absolutely perfect. Since then, I have stopped using it (because I got out of habit due to traveling and feel gross having oil on my face while sleeping), and I've noticed that I have began to get pimples again. That proves that the reason my skin was absolutely flawless that other year was because of my olive oil regimen. It is also amazing for stretch marks, and damaged/ over-bleached hair.

From experience, it takes about 2 weeks of continuously putting olive oil on your skin at night to see serious and long-term improvement.

You must continue to put olive oil on every night for clear, healthy, beautiful skin. Eventually, without the regimen, your skin might go back to its usual ways. It prevents and heals pimples/acne, it is not a permanent CURE for all future pimples.

Steps:

Wash face, exfoliate if desired, and pat dry.

Take a generous amount of olive oil and massage onto skin for 2-3 minutes, especially on pimples/acne and wrinkles/fine lines.

Go to sleep and try not to let the olive oil rub off over night. (It's alright if it does since you massaged it in, but it's better if it doesn't)

Wake up in the morning and wash the olive oil off of your face with soap/face wash and water.

Warning/Tips:

If there is still olive oil residue on your face, your face will get tanned much faster and more easily.

Putting your olive oil into a mini squirting bottle on your side table near your bed makes life easier.

Squirt a generous amount of olive oil into your palms

Rub hands together and massage olive oil into your skin.

Try to find the most organic extra virgin olive oil, COLD PRESSED in a glass bottle! Can be more easily found in more ethnic or Mediterranean stores such as Arab food stores for example, rather than places such as Walmart.

Great Value brand could potentially provide some sort of benefit, but it is best to use more authentic and organic olive oil.

One-time results:

Massaging for a few minutes onto acne or pimples before bed will reduce inflammation by 30%-50% the next morning

Massaging for a few minutes onto a NEWLY forming cystic pimple (under the skin, the painful kind) before bed will basically "kill" it.

Leaves skin moisturized and healthy looking.

2+ week results:

Major decrease in pimple/acne scars (discolored scars, not sure about indented ones)

Moisturized skin.

No more pimples

Heals sun-burns.

Life time results:

Youthful skin

Gets rid of wrinkles and fine lines

Soft, moisturized skin

Acne-free face

Reduction of stretch marks if you put it on those as well

Helps in growth of eyelashes if you put it on them as well.

Seriously, ALWAYS USE THIS! I also recommend using vaseline overtop of the pimples. BUT WARNING, some say that vaseline clogs pores. I have only seen positive results from vaseline every single time. Never anything negative.

Everyones skin is different. It may work some some and not others.

Olive oil does NOT clog your pores. It has anti- inflammatory, anti-aging properties and antioxidants.

The cure of acne
Reviewed on August 9, 2015

The fatty acids and vitamins in olive oil is basically the cure of acne. Even if you have oily skin this will work. I know I sounds weird to cure skin that produces to much "oil" with even more oil, but what the skin produces isn't oil, it's talc. So acrually you don't have oily skin, you have "talcy" skin. I know, lol, but seriously, it's true, just google it!

👓💻 So no, it's actually not weird. It's not fighting fire with fire. So after you have read all of this I don't think it takes more than to say, JUST DO IT!

by Aline W on 08/22/2015 21:31
Hello, I can´t find about skin producing talc on google, please post a reference if possible. I thought skin produced a kind of wax.
Good to use
Reviewed on November 9, 2014

I massaged the olive oil onto my problem areas and the pimples were suddenly less severe and smaller in size.

Reviewed on September 26, 2014

I love love love using olive oil for my skin & lips. I started using olive oil last summer for deep tanning and I noticed that my skin was really improving. So I did some research and a loot of people were saying that olive oil was really good for their skin. I decided to stop using all my cleansers and moisturizers (which were burt bee's and say yes to tomatoes..mostly all naturally because I HATE chemicals/non organic crap) and just strictly use olive oil. I made up a routine for myself, which is every night before I go to bed I remove my makeup off with the olive oil and water. I massage the oil into my skin, wash it off with water and then take paper towel and wipe off all the makeup/oil and then once more wash my skin with water (use ONLY warm water, not hot or cold). I pat dry my face and apply nothing else on my skin after. Then in the morning I would only wash my face with water (again no moisturizer or anything). Using olive oil every night allowed my skin to become more moisturized, shinier and softer, and it gave me a more even skin tone. I also use olive oil on my lips in order to make them smooth and shiny. I am so glad I switched to using strictly olive oil for my skin because I have seen huge results. I have always had acne since freshmen year of high school and no matter what moisturizers or face washes I used, nothing helped. This truly is MY miracle beauty product. I can't speak on behalf of everyone because everyones skin is different but it works for me! I would definitely give it a try!! Just make sure that if you're going to be using olive oil, buy a really good one in a glass bottle and store it in a cool, dry place.

by krsone on 10/19/2014 03:09
Hi! I love your details in this review. I have a couple of questions. 1) Do you use extra virgin olive oil or regular? 2) What brand(s) of olive oil do you use? 3) Do you care to make sure it's good quality olive oil since you use it on your skin? Or do you find that anything works? Thanks!
by kecola on 11/05/2014 23:51
Hi! Just thought I'd chime in here to answer your questions since olive oil has cleared me up as well. You have to use extra virgin olive oil but more importantly you have to make sure it's REAL olive oil. Believe it or not, 69% of brands sold in the store are poor quality olive oils diluted with cheap oils. Ironically, it's most of the Italian named ones that are fakes lol. A real authentic brand is California Olive Branch sold at Walmart for abour $9. I've bought all of the fakes before I knew it but when I finally got the real deal I automatically knew the difference and my skin did too. It has a delicious fruity smell and it makes your skin SO soft. The fake crap will destroy your skin which is why I caution so heavily against it. I learned the hard way. The real stuff will save your skin, hair, and nails. Hope that helped and good luck :-)
by stusha on 05/06/2015 06:05
Which brand olive oil are you using and where is it found? Is it extra virgin or refined one?
Oils depend on the skin type
Reviewed on September 20, 2014

I tried some different types of oils and olive was one of them.

It did not work for me! But doesnt mean it wont work for anyone.

After i had tried coconut and olive oil. I came acroos a website that put the oils into cathegories. I wish i could find it again and link it.

Point is, there are two substances oils mainly have X and Y. Cathegories were divided into what had less amount of Y, less for X or equal... and what worked better for what skin type... so coconut oil worked the less for me and had more of Y, Oilve oil didnt work either and had equals mount... so i tried grapeseed oil which had more of X and it worked for me :D so if u have tried 2 of this and nun, try the 3rd.

Love it.
Reviewed on August 7, 2014

It makes my skin super soft. What I do is every 3 days I use a scrub with olive oil and sugar and just scrub away. Then I just wash it off with water. Since oil and water don't mix the olive oil will still be there so it'll moisturize your face. The other days I just apply olive oil and then I wash with a mild cleanser. Since olive oil breaks down the sebum that your clogs pores then I just wash it off so the residue of the clogged pores won't stay there. Then I just apply a little of olive oil for moisturizer and wipe off the excess with a paper towel. I started using it a week ago.

Oil is for eating
Reviewed on May 5, 2014

On an oily face or face with a resistant bacteria it just gives ground to more breakouts. Wouldn't try it again on my face. But delicious on salads.

Not sure
Reviewed on March 23, 2014

Ok so I massaged it onto my face vigorously for 20 mins everyday for about 3-4 weeks until I started to see loads of little red spots on my forehead.

Its really heavy.

Left my skin worse than it was before I done this (all I had was mainly scars)

by ScoobyDoo924 on 04/12/2014 12:07
That was probably too much oil. Also, the massaging might have contributed to that, too. I put the oil on a wet (water) cotton swab and then only put a thin layer.
by kecola on 11/05/2014 23:55
If you massage anything on your face for 20 minutes you'll break out. You're just irritating your skin.
Very nice
Reviewed on February 7, 2014

Just put a little, that's all. I usually apply it pure and undiluted directly to my face. Been using it for a few weeks. Doesn't break me out and doesn't clog pores like the Cetaphil moisturizer. My oily skin and very oily T-zone stopped being oily and now I look normal. My skin tone has evened out, I don't have to use bleaching cream to get rid of scars. It's worth a try, definitely.

I apply in the morning, and during the afternoon, I apply some more and wipe off the excess to refresh the skin and remove accumulated dirt.

I'll update this in a few months to see if the results are consistent. :)

EDIT:

It calms down pimples, pimples last a few days, rather than weeks.

by stusha on 05/06/2015 06:09
Which brand do you use? Where is it found mainly?
Works well
Reviewed on December 29, 2013

Didn't get rid of acne but it calmed it down and was a good moisturizer for after face wash