Olive Oil reviews

3.7/5 - 38 reviews

Not sure of this..
Reviewed on June 24, 2017

So I have been using olive oil for about 2 months as a moisturizer in day and night, and it has not cleared any of my pimples or prevented them. I make sure to use the organic cold pressed brands, and I pat the excess after moisturizing with a towel. I get a lot of pimples on my cheeks and nose, and I also get a lot of under the skin pimples and ones that have pus(I don't know the exact word). I also have a lot of scars from previous pimples which also did not heal. My pimples tend to stay around in the same place for months and when they go they scar or new ones come. It's just really frustrating, I thought I could help my skin with the olive oil but it has not been working at all, the only positive outcome is that my skin has been feeling very hydrated and isn't oily or dry.

Acne Cure
Reviewed on June 15, 2017

I've suffered from cystic acne for over 10 years (I'm 30), and extra virgin olive oil is the only thing that has shown me positive results.

Absolutely best cleansing way
Reviewed on February 26, 2017

I'm a guy with an oily and really sensitive skin type. Since I was 14 years old, I'd been using different soaps for face cleansing and my skin finally got so tight and irritated with that method. Like some months ago, I found on the Internet something called "Oil cleansing method". At first, I was absolutely shocked about putting even more oil on my oily skin; but one day, I tried. I took olive oil bottle from the kitchen (Virgin olive oil) and I spread all over my face. Like 2 minutes later, I remove it with some cotton pads until was clean, soft and completely radiant. Then, I used one of my favourites gel-cream type moisturizer that makes my skin feel great by the next morning. So, from that day, I've been using the oil cleansing method every night before going to sleep and I've never ever had any cain of problem on my face anymore. Incredible how something natural as olive oil has been able to change my life. So amazing!

Will never try this again !
Reviewed on October 19, 2016

So i read that olive oil was good for you skin so i started using it on small areas which where inflamed. One day i was late for the train and was rushing and i couldn't find my moisturiser so i thought i would put olive oil on my forehead because it looked a little dry and i had been using it previously and there had been no issues. Anyway... i put it on my forehead put my foundation over the top and left the house.

A couple of hours later i saw my self in the shop window and was like WTF.. my whole forehead was completely covered in tiny and big bumps. Like completely covered very noticeable bumps all over. There wasn't one part of my forehead that was clear. I was so embarrassed it was so bad and so obvious anyway i have spent the last 8 months of my life trying to fix this issue and still to this day i have not ever got my forehead clear with no bumps. I am still trying to find something that will actually work for and get rid of all the clogged pores. I regret that i ever did this every single day! So be aware this may work for some people but did not work for me..

If this has happened to anyone and they have fixed this issue please let me know.

by Msyaz1993 on 12/31/2016 02:38
Be sure to check that the oil that you applied on your face is EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL and it comes from a reputable and trustworthy brand
Did not work for me
Reviewed on September 20, 2016

My hyperseborrheic skin did not react well to the topical application of olive oil. Did not see any improvement and got a few new pimple. Delicious to eat though!

Weekly Plan To Use Olive Oil for Acne
Reviewed on June 8, 2016

I am followed a weekly plan to get rid of acne. I am find this on pinterest you can also check in thelifesquare dotcom the table of Weekly Plan To Use Olive Oil for Acne.

This treatment helps to me to treating acne and can be strategically used to keep them away.

Make sure you're using REAL olive oil
Reviewed on March 17, 2016

I read a lot of reviews on here and decided to try it out, but I used the olive oil from my pantry which I recently found out is actually fake olive oil (carapelli), and fake olive oils are actually made up of all these other oils that are comedogenic. Which explains why all these people broke out so badly so fast (I did too). But then I did my research and went out and bought real olive oil (California ranch olive oil) and I have been using it for a week now and it has realllllyy helped my skin. My skin is way more calmed and even toned, I don't have red spots or patches and I feel like it's been preventing pimples and it calms and heals the ones I do have. Still excited for it to get even better the longer I use it. Basically just really make sure that youre using the real stuff, you can find out the good and bad brands pretty easily on the internet.

The Cure for All Evil (skin evil that is)
Reviewed on August 18, 2015

I used extra virgin olive oil- cold pressed, every single night before bed for about a whole entire year and my skin remained absolutely perfect. Since then, I have stopped using it (because I got out of habit due to traveling and feel gross having oil on my face while sleeping), and I've noticed that I have began to get pimples again. That proves that the reason my skin was absolutely flawless that other year was because of my olive oil regimen. It is also amazing for stretch marks, and damaged/ over-bleached hair.

From experience, it takes about 2 weeks of continuously putting olive oil on your skin at night to see serious and long-term improvement.

You must continue to put olive oil on every night for clear, healthy, beautiful skin. Eventually, without the regimen, your skin might go back to its usual ways. It prevents and heals pimples/acne, it is not a permanent CURE for all future pimples.

Steps:

Wash face, exfoliate if desired, and pat dry.

Take a generous amount of olive oil and massage onto skin for 2-3 minutes, especially on pimples/acne and wrinkles/fine lines.

Go to sleep and try not to let the olive oil rub off over night. (It's alright if it does since you massaged it in, but it's better if it doesn't)

Wake up in the morning and wash the olive oil off of your face with soap/face wash and water.

Warning/Tips:

If there is still olive oil residue on your face, your face will get tanned much faster and more easily.

Putting your olive oil into a mini squirting bottle on your side table near your bed makes life easier.

Squirt a generous amount of olive oil into your palms

Rub hands together and massage olive oil into your skin.

Try to find the most organic extra virgin olive oil, COLD PRESSED in a glass bottle! Can be more easily found in more ethnic or Mediterranean stores such as Arab food stores for example, rather than places such as Walmart.

Great Value brand could potentially provide some sort of benefit, but it is best to use more authentic and organic olive oil.

One-time results:

Massaging for a few minutes onto acne or pimples before bed will reduce inflammation by 30%-50% the next morning

Massaging for a few minutes onto a NEWLY forming cystic pimple (under the skin, the painful kind) before bed will basically "kill" it.

Leaves skin moisturized and healthy looking.

2+ week results:

Major decrease in pimple/acne scars (discolored scars, not sure about indented ones)

Moisturized skin.

No more pimples

Heals sun-burns.

Life time results:

Youthful skin

Gets rid of wrinkles and fine lines

Soft, moisturized skin

Acne-free face

Reduction of stretch marks if you put it on those as well

Helps in growth of eyelashes if you put it on them as well.

Seriously, ALWAYS USE THIS! I also recommend using vaseline overtop of the pimples. BUT WARNING, some say that vaseline clogs pores. I have only seen positive results from vaseline every single time. Never anything negative.

Everyones skin is different. It may work some some and not others.

Olive oil does NOT clog your pores. It has anti- inflammatory, anti-aging properties and antioxidants.

by kzhard on 10/29/2015 02:25
is it ok to clean face with a soap in morning if you are on oil cleansing method?
The cure of acne
Reviewed on August 9, 2015

The fatty acids and vitamins in olive oil is basically the cure of acne. Even if you have oily skin this will work. I know I sounds weird to cure skin that produces to much "oil" with even more oil, but what the skin produces isn't oil, it's talc. So acrually you don't have oily skin, you have "talcy" skin. I know, lol, but seriously, it's true, just google it!

👓💻 So no, it's actually not weird. It's not fighting fire with fire. So after you have read all of this I don't think it takes more than to say, JUST DO IT!

by Aline W on 08/22/2015 21:31
Hello, I can´t find about skin producing talc on google, please post a reference if possible. I thought skin produced a kind of wax.
by SnarkyStar on 12/29/2015 21:38
Where on earth did you get this idea from? The skin does not produce magnesium silicate...unless there is some other talc (short for talcum) that I am unaware of. Perhaps you are getting the words confused? Sebum is not the same as talcum.
Good to use
Reviewed on November 9, 2014

I massaged the olive oil onto my problem areas and the pimples were suddenly less severe and smaller in size.