Olay Total Effects Daily Moisturizer

Average price: $10.81

Brand: Olay

Most helpful review

By Anonymous, VT on 03/13/2009

This is an excellent acne medication since it has a good % of salicylic acid and it works great as a moisturizer. BP is too drying and then made my face greasy later in the day (used it at night and washed off in the morning) so this is a great substitute if BP is too harsh for you. I put it on morning and before bed every day and have noticed that my skin is clearer and softer. Doesn't clog pores or ball up; it's very light and soaks right in. LOVE IT!.

Pros:
  • Works!
Cons:
  • A little expensive

88 out of 166 people found this review helpful

Water, glycerin, niacinamide*, isohexadecane, dimethicone, isopropyl isostearate, polyacrylamide, sodium ascorbyl phosphate**, panthenol***, tocopheryl acetate****, camellia sinensis leaf extract, zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, sucrose polycottonseedate, sorbitan stearate, cetyl alcohol, c13-14 isoparaffin, stearyl alcohol, dimethiconol, laureth-7, peg-100 stearate, stearic acid, citric acid, propylparaben, disodium edta, methylparaben, bht, benzyl alcohol, ethylparaben, ammonium polyacrylate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, fragrance, yellow 5, red 40. * vitamin b3, ** vitamin c, ***pro-vitamin b5, ****vitamin e.

Member reviews

By on

FYI: this is different than the more commonly found Anti Aging version. I recently tried that one and it caused severe breakouts. My rating relates to the regular Total Effects anti aging plus SPF 15 fragrance free.

Pros

• See below

Cons

• See below
  • moderately severe
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 8
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

The Olay Total Effects Cream Cleanser plus Blemish Control was the best thing I found to combat my acne problems. I tried Dan's facial cleanser, but it was too harsh and dried up my skin so bad. The BP made it so much worse and I was breaking out in cystic acne so bad and it was so emberrassing. Out of desperation, I tried this cream cleanser by Olay even though I figured it would not work. I was so wrong. I'm 31 years old and when I turned 30 I went from flawless skin to having cystic acne, whiteheads, blackheads and pimples every day. It was devastating. Nothing was working, I tried Neutrogena, Clearasil, Dan's line of products, Cetaphil...you name it, all of them worsened my acne. Then as soon as I started using this product, it immediately stopped the onset of new acne and treated my old acne. I have not had any cystic acne since and it cleared up most of my blackheads and almost all of my small white bumps on my forehead have diminished. You can barely see them now. My skin is soft and it is even helping to even out my previous blotchiness and scarring from old acne. This product is really a working miracle. I can't believe I discovered it. I am so thankful to God for it because I thought I would have severe acne from now on. The best part is that it is fairly inexpensive and available anywhere like Wal Mart or Target. Go out and try it because it does deliver. It does not dry out the skin, but if you are use to foaminess to wash your face just give yourself time to adjust to the gentle cleanser on the face. It feels like you are putting lotion on your face in the shower, but it does work and does not tear your skin apart like cleansers that foam.

Pros

• It's gentle, creamy. Washes of fairly easy. Works. Clears up acne and reduces redness. It does not smell very strong. It has 7 anti-aging ingredients.

Cons

• I can't really think of any. It's not a big deal, but some people may mind that it leaves your skin feeling like you have lotion on in the shower. I had to get use to that effect since I liked having squeaky clean skin in the shower.
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • $ 6.95
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This was a miracle in a tube for me. Not only does it help with my dry winter skin, but it works wonders of my blemish-prone summer skin. A wonderful buy.

Pros

• Light, easy to wash off, works, non-irrative, non-clogging, soothing, non-staining, no fragrance

Cons

• None
  • moderate
  • for about a year
  • $ 3.89
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

• very light
  • $ 25

By on

Pros

• Works!

Cons

• A little expensive
  • light
  • for about a month
  • $ 17
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

all of u use it

Pros

• soooooooo good i love this cream and cream cleanser try if u have pimple (acne) and dark spot

Cons

[not submitted]
  • moderately severe
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 14
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

No good for me, even though I'm 38 and need something to make me more youthful! Just makes my skin (which is still greasy at 38!) worse!

Pros

• None

Cons

• Clogged up my pores and gave me spots so not ideal!
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 7.5
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Best at taking care of acne and moisturizeing in one tube! And it doesn't cost an arm and a leg!

Pros

• This product is a miracle in a tube. Not only does it take care of my adult acne it doesn't cause my skin to dry out because of the moistureizers in it. I love this stuff. I don't use anything else. Not even the expensive stuff is as good.

Cons

• None
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

this is the worst moisturizer i have ever used. i used the one without salicylic acid in it. it was very harsh, irritating,made me greasy, broke me out, and even burned a small hole into my left cheek.im still trying to get rid of the dark spots that were left behind from all the breakouts.i wouldnt reccomend this to anyone.i regret ever laying eyes on it!!!!

Pros

• none

Cons

• harsh
  • greasy
  • horrible
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 19.99
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

A good product to use if your acne is very mild and if it doesn't clog your pores. Skin glows immediately after application or at least imperfections are slighly blurred so you do look a bit better. Need to apply a sunscreen on top, despite the fact it has titanium dioxide, we don't know whether it is an active ingredient or what SPF protection it gives. Smells nice, but quite expensive for the amount.

Pros

• Seems to work assist very mild acne only. Makes face glow immediately after application. Smells nice. Sinks into skin well.

Cons

• Lacks SPF.
  • May clog pores: The silcones in the product seem block the pores.
  • Balls up: After applying the cream, a grey rubbery (silcone) layer seems to rub off.
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.