Olay Total Effects Daily Moisturizer reviews

3.7/5 - 10 reviews

Brand: Olay

Water, glycerin, niacinamide*, isohexadecane, dimethicone, isopropyl isostearate, polyacrylamide, sodium ascorbyl phosphate**, panthenol***, tocopheryl acetate****, camellia sinensis leaf extract, zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, sucrose polycottonseedate, sorbitan stearate, cetyl alcohol, c13-14 isoparaffin, stearyl alcohol, dimethiconol, laureth-7, peg-100 stearate, stearic acid, citric acid, propylparaben, disodium edta, methylparaben, bht, benzyl alcohol, ethylparaben, ammonium polyacrylate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, fragrance, yellow 5, red 40. * vitamin b3, ** vitamin c, ***pro-vitamin b5, ****vitamin e.

Olay Total Effects 7-In-1 Anti-Aging Daily Moisturizer 1.7 Fl. Oz.
updated: 12/19/2014 03:43 UTC

Reviewed on November 26, 2011

FYI: this is different than the more commonly found Anti Aging version. I recently tried that one and it caused severe breakouts. My rating relates to the regular Total Effects anti aging plus SPF 15 fragrance free.

Reviewed on February 23, 2011

The Olay Total Effects Cream Cleanser plus Blemish Control was the best thing I found to combat my acne problems. I tried Dan's facial cleanser, but it was too harsh and dried up my skin so bad. The BP made it so much worse and I was breaking out in cystic acne so bad and it was so emberrassing. Out of desperation, I tried this cream cleanser by Olay even though I figured it would not work. I was so wrong. I'm 31 years old and when I turned 30 I went from flawless skin to having cystic acne, whiteheads, blackheads and pimples every day. It was devastating. Nothing was working, I tried Neutrogena, Clearasil, Dan's line of products, Cetaphil...you name it, all of them worsened my acne. Then as soon as I started using this product, it immediately stopped the onset of new acne and treated my old acne. I have not had any cystic acne since and it cleared up most of my blackheads and almost all of my small white bumps on my forehead have diminished. You can barely see them now. My skin is soft and it is even helping to even out my previous blotchiness and scarring from old acne. This product is really a working miracle. I can't believe I discovered it. I am so thankful to God for it because I thought I would have severe acne from now on. The best part is that it is fairly inexpensive and available anywhere like Wal Mart or Target. Go out and try it because it does deliver. It does not dry out the skin, but if you are use to foaminess to wash your face just give yourself time to adjust to the gentle cleanser on the face. It feels like you are putting lotion on your face in the shower, but it does work and does not tear your skin apart like cleansers that foam.

Reviewed on December 3, 2009

This was a miracle in a tube for me. Not only does it help with my dry winter skin, but it works wonders of my blemish-prone summer skin. A wonderful buy.

Reviewed on March 13, 2009

This is an excellent acne medication since it has a good % of salicylic acid and it works great as a moisturizer. BP is too drying and then made my face greasy later in the day (used it at night and washed off in the morning) so this is a great substitute if BP is too harsh for you.

I put it on morning and before bed every day and have noticed that my skin is clearer and softer. Doesn't clog pores or ball up; it's very light and soaks right in. LOVE IT!

Reviewed on January 8, 2009

No good for me, even though I'm 38 and need something to make me more youthful! Just makes my skin (which is still greasy at 38!) worse!

Reviewed on September 16, 2008

Best at taking care of acne and moisturizeing in one tube! And it doesn't cost an arm and a leg!

Reviewed on June 14, 2008

this is the worst moisturizer i have ever used. i used the one without salicylic acid in it. it was very harsh, irritating,made me greasy, broke me out, and even burned a small hole into my left cheek.im still trying to get rid of the dark spots that were left behind from all the breakouts.i wouldnt reccomend this to anyone.i regret ever laying eyes on it!!!!

Reviewed on August 16, 2007

A good product to use if your acne is very mild and if it doesn't clog your pores. Skin glows immediately after application or at least imperfections are slighly blurred so you do look a bit better. Need to apply a sunscreen on top, despite the fact it has titanium dioxide, we don't know whether it is an active ingredient or what SPF protection it gives. Smells nice, but quite expensive for the amount.

Reviewed on July 4, 2007

This product really gave great results for my skin. First, the texture of this is perfect because it seems to just melt into my skin. I also found that I could slather this on when I was experiencing dryness in certain areas without oily consequence. With continued use, those little pesky bumps and zits were reduced significantly! I found that I was waking up to minimized breakouts, as well as a smoother looking complexion overall. I am also starting to notice a reduction in blackheads, which is my neverending battle. Olay has done it again in my opinion.