Oil of Oregano reviews

4.8/5 - 11 reviews

Wow!
Reviewed on April 16, 2014

Ok I never write reviews but oil of oregano is AMAZING! I am in awe at how well this works!! I get regular acne as well as cystic acne and have tried every product, home remedy and prescription out there. Recently I was using witch hazel astringent and Burt's bees acne toner which both work good(witch hazel more so). Today I went and bought the oil of oregano because I've had a cystic zit I could not get rid of for the life of me. Right when I got home I grabbed a cotton ball and rubbed the oil directly on my face, DO NOT do that. It burns sooo bad!! I rushed to the bathroom and ran ice cold water on my face for a good 10 min. And then I got a q-tip, got it wet, added a drop of the oil and applied it directly to the zit and here I am an hour later, writing this review because the zit is almost gone!

BE CAREFUL
Reviewed on February 16, 2014

I purchased a bottle of oil of oregano at a Health food store after reading rave reviews on this site. I added a few drops to about a tablespoon of honey and applied it as a face mask. WORST IDEA. My face started burning and man did it hurt! I tried to wash it off immediately but the damage was already done. It took over 10 minutes for the burning to subside but my face is now raw and red. Wether or not it works, I'll have to wait and see. If you do try it, take it internally.

***UPDATE: I decided to stick it out and it does help, acne dries out faster and healing time is shorter. It still burns and dries out my skin, but overall I have seen some improvement***

It actually works
Reviewed on August 10, 2013

I've been suffering from cystic acne due to my hormones and dairy sensitivity for years now. I've tried numerous amounts of things, tea tree oil, toothpaste, different cleansers, different toners, masks - everything! I found several reviews on this page about oil of oregano, so I decided to give it a try. Wow, I can see a big difference in the size of my affected areas already. I had a large pimple on my chin, and I was trying to get rid of it. I used oil of oregano, and after just TWO days, it's practically gone!

I put the mixture in a glass jar, which is about half a cup of water mixed with about 4 drops of the oil. It separates a little, so I shake it before every use!

Reviewed on July 10, 2012

I purchased the Oreganol P73 from Whole Foods. I applied a small drop directly to acne spots, including cyctic acne that lingers under the skin. The results are amazing.

If I feel acne forming I apply at night. The next morning the pain and redness is reduced or eliminated. Often times the next morning the acne spot will be "drawn out" of the skin and have a large whitehead.

I also drink two drops in a large glass of water every morning and have felt it helps fight off colds, mouth sores and infections.

This stuff works better then any other spot treatment I've ever used, with no drying or flaking.

Reviewed on July 6, 2012

The results are worth the cost/smell/taste/burning.

I HIGHLY recommend taking this internally. I've used it topically before, and it works pretty well, but the results from taking it internally are amazing!

I fill a shot glass with about 1 third honey (to mask the taste) with 2 thirds water, add 5 drops of oil of oregano and drink it. It burns a little going down, so I chase it with a glass of water. The taste is bearable, and absolutely worth it. I drink this mixture once when I wake up, once before bed, and at lunch if I remember.

I've been doing this for a week and my skin looks better than it has in years. Most of my active acne is gone, and my hyperpigmentation is looking better as well.

I plan to reduce the amount I'm taking as my acne improves. The recommended dosage on the bottle was 3-5 drops, 3 times a day for infection fighting, 1-2 drops 2 times a day for general health maintenance.

I also use it topically. I wash my face using the Tumeric and Neem face wash from Himalaya then I soak a cotton ball in water, squeeze out the excess so it's damp but not dripping, then put three or four drops of oil of oregano on it and wipe it all over my face. I wait for it to dry, then I soak another cotton ball in salt water (I just mix table salt with water - about 1:3 or 1:4 salt:water, keep stirring till dissolved) and wipe that all over my face, then let it dry. I only do it at night, because the smell of the oregano oil is so strong I worry people will be able to smell it if I go out with it on.

I paid $20.00 for 30ml. Pricey, but worth it!

Reviewed on December 26, 2011

I use dilluted Oil of Oregano as a toner in the AM and PM, and it really helps (about 3-5 drops to 1/2 cup of water). Wipe on with a cotton ball and let it dry before moisturiser. Works better than commercial toners for my dry cheeks, sensitive skin and cosmetic acne.

It's natural, a strong anti-fungal and anti-bacterial.

Reviewed on November 22, 2011

the bottom line is that the burning and smell is worth the cost and the results.

Reviewed on November 5, 2011

I use this on my acne & scars at night. I bought the extra strength stuff on amazon and it sure is powerful! Its been a week and a half and I'd say my scars are about 50% cleared. My face is glowing as well. I take this internally and externally for maximum results. I also use coconut oil to dilute it and sooth my skin after use.

Its no miracle cure, but I like the results so far.

Reviewed on August 23, 2011

Dab some on and it gets red and tingly and makes you smell like an Italian hoagie. BUT WOW!!! The swelling immediately goes down and the zit looks dried out... like I had been using BP and SA on it for days.

Reviewed on February 13, 2011

great product if you want overnight results or results in a few hours. Acne bumbs will drastically shrink and go away within a few days... you just have to nip it in the bud an dnot touch it. Try to get one with an eye dropper and apply either with a cotton swab (if you want less), i usually put one drop on my fingertip and use a finger on another hand to dab it on any affected areas.

My skin turned red, not green when i used it.

It also stings a lot so be prepared, although different brands have different severities. It only works on infected areas so don't try putting on areas that are scarring or healing, and make sure you don't get it in your eyes!!!