Oil of Oregano reviews

Nature's Answer Oil of Oregano, 90 softgels
updated: 08/04/2015 14:36 UTC

Excellent Natural Treatment
Reviewed on May 26, 2015

I tried the Oil of Oregano and found it to work also. I use a ratio of 10 pumps of Vitamin Shoppe Jojoba Oil mixed in a glass jar with 10 drops of Oil of Oregano. I used a q-tip to apply it to the acne after cleansing in the morning and at night and let it soak in. You don't need to use a lot so oil just a little bit. I have moderate acne and oily skin.

Oregano the super plant; I love this stuff!!
Reviewed on February 10, 2015

My new favorite herb/oil!! I've dealt with blackheads, whiteheads, large and painful cysts, and tiny bumps on my face since middle school. I'd tried managing it for years (8+) with dermatologist visits, topicals, antibiotics, diet changes, you name it. Around 4 months ago, I got fed up and when I heard about the caveman regimen (not washing or applying anything to your face), I jumped on board. About a week into it, new pimples started showing up in places I'd never had acne. It's progressed to severe acne where the only clear patch of skin was the left side of my forehead. Massive cysts took over my cheeks and jawline with pimples and blackheads filling every space in between. It got to the point where I wouldn't leave the house if I didn't have to. Prescribed medications and chemicals never worked for me in the past so I resorted to every natural method I came across. I originally got oregano oil for my gingivitis and receding gums (it completely worked by the way) and began applying to my face mixed with seabuckthorn oil, to my toenails for a stubborn fungus, and to my scalp for psoriasis. It took care of ALL of it!! All of my cysts are disappearing, few new pimples are showing up, and the only thing I'm looking for now is a way to clear up the scarring! Wonderful, magical, healing plant. I'm in love. I've also cut out milk in my diet which I believe has helped; however I'm still eating ice cream and cheese and what-have-you so I give the most props to oregano, the super oil. Very much recommended <3

Reviewed on October 17, 2014

The Best! This oil is powerful, so please do not use this without knowing what you are doing! I am a certified health coach, and when I read how some people are applying this to their skin it makes me shudder. Oil of Oregano has heat and will definitely burn when used incorrectly. Mix a little with a carrier oil (examples: jojoba, olive oil, coconut). If you apply the oil without mixing, use very, very little on the spot; it will still work without setting you on fire. :-) I used to have terrible acne and I began using the clarisonic device for cleansing, which helped a lot to deep cleanse my skin. My skin cleared but I still suffered occasional breakouts. Now when I feel a pimple coming on, I apply a tiny drop of oil of oregano and it usually gets rid of it within a day or two. The pimple never becomes large. yay! Again, just a tiny drop is all that's needed. Apply more and you suffer. Good luck!

by CynthiaJ0420 on 10/17/2014 21:24
One more thing: Avoid getting this into your eye! If that accident happens, immediately apply a carrier oil onto the eye and it will stop the burning (the oil won't hurt your eye). If you try to flush with water it won't work. Oil and water don't mix.
by drummerben04 on 01/20/2015 20:20
Would you recommend drinking this Cynthia. You know, 5-6 drops in your water. I have horrible can on my face, shoulders, and chest. Cystic mostly on my chest. Been trying to avoid taking an antibiotic. Drinking Neem Leaf Powder right now.
Seems very powerful, Be Careful!
Reviewed on May 27, 2014

I got the PURE oil of oregano, as in its 100% oregano oil- no olive oil mixed in it.

I read beforehand that it was potent, so I dipped a cotton swab in water and then put on drop of oregano oil on the tip.. put it on top of my cystic pimples as well as regular zits. oh my god, they BUUUUUUUUUUUUUURNED. i stuck it out and left it on overnight. i have to say, it DOES seem to deflate the cystic pimples a bit as well as bring the regular zits to a head. so that's definitely great, as nothing else seems to work on my cystic acne- seriously, they sit like mosquito bites on my face for months without coming to a head or anything.

BUT, after 2-3 days of doing this, i noticed that...the oil was... somehow drying out the parts i applied it onto SEVERELY. I had one small patch on my cheekbone that was almost like a burnt patch. it took about a week to heal =( Now that i think about it, I think it actually slightly burnt that area off a bit... the other parts of my face- was like snake skin. red and scaly. It was horrific, especially cause I had to go to work with this scaly mask of a skin =( after 2-3 days though, the scaly bits peeled off thank god.

I have some other cysts that i would like to try this on again, but after that whole ordeal im a LITTLE bit apprehensive. I'm not denying the effects of this oil, I'm quite surprised at how well it works, I just gotta figure out how to work with it so that I can avoid getting that scaly skin after effect. I definitely would recommend this product, but please please please be careful when you use it!

by roseb66 on 07/02/2014 14:51
Next time mix it half and half with olive or coconut oil. If it's too strong and burns, don't try to wash it off, add more coconut oil or olive oil on top of it to dilute it.
Works great!
Reviewed on May 25, 2014

I regularly use the regimen (which works great by the way). Every now and then I still do get a whitehead or a cystic. When I do, I have a mixture that I make made of oil of oregano and jojoba oil. I can't tell you the exact ratio because I change it every time I make it. Anyway, I use it as a spot treatment I put on overnight and when I wake up it seems like it is almost a week or two old and almost gone. I have not tried using it orally yet.

WARNING: Do not use this in pure form! It has literally burned my skin when I tried that and left me with a dark pigmentation for two weeks. Granted, I used probably 5 or 6 drops in an area of about a dollar coin size which wasn't a smart idea. This stuff burns, but if you have it diluted do not worry about it. It also smells, so I never use it in the morning or during the day if I know I am going to go out.

Summarized:

It works amazingly and will get rid of your acne insanely fast. Use only when diluted. It smells and burns. Do not get it in your eyes or you will be tearing up for about an hour. I highly recommend it.

Wow!
Reviewed on April 16, 2014

Ok I never write reviews but oil of oregano is AMAZING! I am in awe at how well this works!! I get regular acne as well as cystic acne and have tried every product, home remedy and prescription out there. Recently I was using witch hazel astringent and Burt's bees acne toner which both work good(witch hazel more so). Today I went and bought the oil of oregano because I've had a cystic zit I could not get rid of for the life of me. Right when I got home I grabbed a cotton ball and rubbed the oil directly on my face, DO NOT do that. It burns sooo bad!! I rushed to the bathroom and ran ice cold water on my face for a good 10 min. And then I got a q-tip, got it wet, added a drop of the oil and applied it directly to the zit and here I am an hour later, writing this review because the zit is almost gone!

BE CAREFUL
Reviewed on February 16, 2014

I purchased a bottle of oil of oregano at a Health food store after reading rave reviews on this site. I added a few drops to about a tablespoon of honey and applied it as a face mask. WORST IDEA. My face started burning and man did it hurt! I tried to wash it off immediately but the damage was already done. It took over 10 minutes for the burning to subside but my face is now raw and red. Wether or not it works, I'll have to wait and see. If you do try it, take it internally.

***UPDATE: I decided to stick it out and it does help, acne dries out faster and healing time is shorter. It still burns and dries out my skin, but overall I have seen some improvement***

It actually works
Reviewed on August 10, 2013

I've been suffering from cystic acne due to my hormones and dairy sensitivity for years now. I've tried numerous amounts of things, tea tree oil, toothpaste, different cleansers, different toners, masks - everything! I found several reviews on this page about oil of oregano, so I decided to give it a try. Wow, I can see a big difference in the size of my affected areas already. I had a large pimple on my chin, and I was trying to get rid of it. I used oil of oregano, and after just TWO days, it's practically gone!

I put the mixture in a glass jar, which is about half a cup of water mixed with about 4 drops of the oil. It separates a little, so I shake it before every use!

by drummerben04 on 01/21/2015 15:18
You drink it?
Reviewed on July 10, 2012

I purchased the Oreganol P73 from Whole Foods. I applied a small drop directly to acne spots, including cyctic acne that lingers under the skin. The results are amazing.

If I feel acne forming I apply at night. The next morning the pain and redness is reduced or eliminated. Often times the next morning the acne spot will be "drawn out" of the skin and have a large whitehead.

I also drink two drops in a large glass of water every morning and have felt it helps fight off colds, mouth sores and infections.

This stuff works better then any other spot treatment I've ever used, with no drying or flaking.

Reviewed on July 6, 2012

The results are worth the cost/smell/taste/burning.

I HIGHLY recommend taking this internally. I've used it topically before, and it works pretty well, but the results from taking it internally are amazing!

I fill a shot glass with about 1 third honey (to mask the taste) with 2 thirds water, add 5 drops of oil of oregano and drink it. It burns a little going down, so I chase it with a glass of water. The taste is bearable, and absolutely worth it. I drink this mixture once when I wake up, once before bed, and at lunch if I remember.

I've been doing this for a week and my skin looks better than it has in years. Most of my active acne is gone, and my hyperpigmentation is looking better as well.

I plan to reduce the amount I'm taking as my acne improves. The recommended dosage on the bottle was 3-5 drops, 3 times a day for infection fighting, 1-2 drops 2 times a day for general health maintenance.

I also use it topically. I wash my face using the Tumeric and Neem face wash from Himalaya then I soak a cotton ball in water, squeeze out the excess so it's damp but not dripping, then put three or four drops of oil of oregano on it and wipe it all over my face. I wait for it to dry, then I soak another cotton ball in salt water (I just mix table salt with water - about 1:3 or 1:4 salt:water, keep stirring till dissolved) and wipe that all over my face, then let it dry. I only do it at night, because the smell of the oregano oil is so strong I worry people will be able to smell it if I go out with it on.

I paid $20.00 for 30ml. Pricey, but worth it!