Oil of Oregano reviews

Nature's Answer Oil of Oregano, 90 softgels
updated: 07/26/2016 02:40 UTC

Miracle Oil
Reviewed on May 26, 2016

I suffer with combination oily/spotty skin and regularly come on acne.org to read product reviews, I was surprised that oregano oil made the list to treat acne (although i'm not sure why, it has AMAZING anti fungal properties, builds immune system, rids worms and parasites out of the body!) anyway, I have a high potency oregano oil at home, after reading the success stories I decided to try it and I have to say this noticeably flattens raised spots, I used it last night and left it on my face over night, I think one more use will have the spots completely gone, although the redness is still there. It's definitely worth trying but please be warned, THIS IS POTENT AND WILL BURN, I followed the advice of one of the reviews on here and used a q tip / ear bud dipped in water with a droplet of oil and that was way too hot I wouldn't recommend it. I would advise using a few drops in a bowl of water and using some cotton wool to wipe over your face, test it on your hand before adding it to your face. When my face started to burn I covered it in coconut oil, and rode it out but yeah that can obviously be prevented if you are sensible :-)

Works great
Reviewed on April 12, 2016

I have been a member of this site since I was in my early 20's (when I started getting moderate acne). It slowed down through the years but it sometimes picks up and it picked up last summer. I started getting cystic pimples near my chin that took forever to go away. They would never come to a head and I had to just wait it out cause they were not poppable. I read about oil of oregano (I use the oreganol P73). I started taking internally, a few drops under my tongue a day. Then one day I put it on my skin topically and what I noticed was that it helped the inflammation almost immediately and within a day or so it brings the cyst or pimple to head so you can safely extract the gunk inside. I am a firm believer that you need to get the crap out (in a clean manner)..or it will never fully go away. The oregano oil helps. Make sure you use the kind that has an olive oil or tea tree oil/coconut oil etc so it does not burn the skin. I made the mistake once of putting a different type on once (that was not diluted) and I burned my skin..it healed but had a definitely burn for a few days. This stuff also helps keep the immune system in check...Works for so many reasons.

Only thing that has ever worked for me as a cyst spot treatment!
Reviewed on March 14, 2016

TRY this. Please. If you have cystic acne its worth a shot putting this on the spot as a spot treatment. Ive never written a review before, but this has saved my skin.

I've battled cystic acne since I was about 18 - Im now 27. I've been on Accutane twice. Both times it "helped" but my skin still wasnt perfect and then each time months afterward my skin would act up again.

I've tried literally everything (as most of you probably have). As anyone that has dealt with serious acne knows -everything affects peoples skin differently but for me this is the ONLY thing that has ever worked to bring a cyst down. And QUICKLY too. I was going through my medicine cabinet and saw the Oil of Oregano and googled it and saw the good reviews on here already but I had never come across this as a solution. Hoping this thread gets more attention and it comes to the attention of more people!!

What I do: wash my face normally (I use "Fresh Soy Face Cleanser" available at Sephora). Apply moisturizer (I use Complex 15). Then dab one drop of Oil of Oregano on to the cyst. Some people say this burns - it only slightly felt burning to me so I was able to put it on full strength - dilute it in water or coconut oil if its out of control. I did this every few hours and then overnight I do so but put a bandaid overtop to keep it protected.

It seriously went away within 3 days. The cyst started going down within hours. If it works for you please post here so maybe more people see it as a potential solution!!

Oil of Oregano improves seborrheic dermatitis
Reviewed on August 18, 2015

This is one of my favorite oils for treating seborrheic dermatitis. It's potent with antifungal properties to kill the fungus. It can also be used as a spot treatment for warts. Dab a drop on a pimple and it will dry it out so it reduces inflammation. Add a couple drops into a glass of water and it will help kill the candida yeasts. I make sure to keep this oil stocked in my cupboard at all times because it comes in real handy !

Excellent Natural Treatment
Reviewed on May 26, 2015

I tried the Oil of Oregano and found it to work also. I use a ratio of 10 pumps of Vitamin Shoppe Jojoba Oil mixed in a glass jar with 10 drops of Oil of Oregano. I used a q-tip to apply it to the acne after cleansing in the morning and at night and let it soak in. You don't need to use a lot so oil just a little bit. I have moderate acne and oily skin.

Oregano the super plant; I love this stuff!!
Reviewed on February 10, 2015

My new favorite herb/oil!! I've dealt with blackheads, whiteheads, large and painful cysts, and tiny bumps on my face since middle school. I'd tried managing it for years (8+) with dermatologist visits, topicals, antibiotics, diet changes, you name it. Around 4 months ago, I got fed up and when I heard about the caveman regimen (not washing or applying anything to your face), I jumped on board. About a week into it, new pimples started showing up in places I'd never had acne. It's progressed to severe acne where the only clear patch of skin was the left side of my forehead. Massive cysts took over my cheeks and jawline with pimples and blackheads filling every space in between. It got to the point where I wouldn't leave the house if I didn't have to. Prescribed medications and chemicals never worked for me in the past so I resorted to every natural method I came across. I originally got oregano oil for my gingivitis and receding gums (it completely worked by the way) and began applying to my face mixed with seabuckthorn oil, to my toenails for a stubborn fungus, and to my scalp for psoriasis. It took care of ALL of it!! All of my cysts are disappearing, few new pimples are showing up, and the only thing I'm looking for now is a way to clear up the scarring! Wonderful, magical, healing plant. I'm in love. I've also cut out milk in my diet which I believe has helped; however I'm still eating ice cream and cheese and what-have-you so I give the most props to oregano, the super oil. Very much recommended <3

Reviewed on October 17, 2014

The Best! This oil is powerful, so please do not use this without knowing what you are doing! I am a certified health coach, and when I read how some people are applying this to their skin it makes me shudder. Oil of Oregano has heat and will definitely burn when used incorrectly. Mix a little with a carrier oil (examples: jojoba, olive oil, coconut). If you apply the oil without mixing, use very, very little on the spot; it will still work without setting you on fire. :-) I used to have terrible acne and I began using the clarisonic device for cleansing, which helped a lot to deep cleanse my skin. My skin cleared but I still suffered occasional breakouts. Now when I feel a pimple coming on, I apply a tiny drop of oil of oregano and it usually gets rid of it within a day or two. The pimple never becomes large. yay! Again, just a tiny drop is all that's needed. Apply more and you suffer. Good luck!

by CynthiaJ0420 on 10/17/2014 21:24
One more thing: Avoid getting this into your eye! If that accident happens, immediately apply a carrier oil onto the eye and it will stop the burning (the oil won't hurt your eye). If you try to flush with water it won't work. Oil and water don't mix.
by drummerben04 on 01/20/2015 20:20
Would you recommend drinking this Cynthia. You know, 5-6 drops in your water. I have horrible can on my face, shoulders, and chest. Cystic mostly on my chest. Been trying to avoid taking an antibiotic. Drinking Neem Leaf Powder right now.
Seems very powerful, Be Careful!
Reviewed on May 27, 2014

I got the PURE oil of oregano, as in its 100% oregano oil- no olive oil mixed in it.

I read beforehand that it was potent, so I dipped a cotton swab in water and then put on drop of oregano oil on the tip.. put it on top of my cystic pimples as well as regular zits. oh my god, they BUUUUUUUUUUUUUURNED. i stuck it out and left it on overnight. i have to say, it DOES seem to deflate the cystic pimples a bit as well as bring the regular zits to a head. so that's definitely great, as nothing else seems to work on my cystic acne- seriously, they sit like mosquito bites on my face for months without coming to a head or anything.

BUT, after 2-3 days of doing this, i noticed that...the oil was... somehow drying out the parts i applied it onto SEVERELY. I had one small patch on my cheekbone that was almost like a burnt patch. it took about a week to heal =( Now that i think about it, I think it actually slightly burnt that area off a bit... the other parts of my face- was like snake skin. red and scaly. It was horrific, especially cause I had to go to work with this scaly mask of a skin =( after 2-3 days though, the scaly bits peeled off thank god.

I have some other cysts that i would like to try this on again, but after that whole ordeal im a LITTLE bit apprehensive. I'm not denying the effects of this oil, I'm quite surprised at how well it works, I just gotta figure out how to work with it so that I can avoid getting that scaly skin after effect. I definitely would recommend this product, but please please please be careful when you use it!

by roseb66 on 07/02/2014 14:51
Next time mix it half and half with olive or coconut oil. If it's too strong and burns, don't try to wash it off, add more coconut oil or olive oil on top of it to dilute it.
Works great!
Reviewed on May 25, 2014

I regularly use the regimen (which works great by the way). Every now and then I still do get a whitehead or a cystic. When I do, I have a mixture that I make made of oil of oregano and jojoba oil. I can't tell you the exact ratio because I change it every time I make it. Anyway, I use it as a spot treatment I put on overnight and when I wake up it seems like it is almost a week or two old and almost gone. I have not tried using it orally yet.

WARNING: Do not use this in pure form! It has literally burned my skin when I tried that and left me with a dark pigmentation for two weeks. Granted, I used probably 5 or 6 drops in an area of about a dollar coin size which wasn't a smart idea. This stuff burns, but if you have it diluted do not worry about it. It also smells, so I never use it in the morning or during the day if I know I am going to go out.

Summarized:

It works amazingly and will get rid of your acne insanely fast. Use only when diluted. It smells and burns. Do not get it in your eyes or you will be tearing up for about an hour. I highly recommend it.

by amd2222 on 09/09/2015 18:21
I wish I would have read this article before applying to oil to my face because it left a HUGE burn mark on my chin. Did you apply anything to your burn mark or did it just heal over time?
by user45 on 09/26/2015 21:30
@amd2222 Buy some Vaseline and/or anti-aging cream, and put light amounts on the burn spots occasionally throughout your day, but not too much because your skin will more so peel than heal and get rid of the burn spot. Also, next time, try to dilute the oil with Water, Coconut Oil, or Olive Oil; 1/2 100% Pure Oregano Oil 1/2 Water / Coconut Oil / Olive Oil Apply small amounts to acne filled areas* If it begins to burn really bad again after applying it still, just keep it on your face for a good minute, and rinse off well with Water, or (recommended) Milk/Cream. This way, even though you rinsed it off, the oil will still have time to disinfect your skin of excess sebum waste and bacteria going into your pores. Try again the following day if your skin does not look bad/burned or affected in anyway, but put smaller doses on your face but spread well, and/or dilute it a bit more than usual.
by WhiteCrow on 07/02/2016 16:36
I know it's kind of late, but I used Avène Cicalfate on the same type of burn and it healed completely in 3 days and it left only a slightly discolored mark that was hardly noticeable
Wow!
Reviewed on April 16, 2014

Ok I never write reviews but oil of oregano is AMAZING! I am in awe at how well this works!! I get regular acne as well as cystic acne and have tried every product, home remedy and prescription out there. Recently I was using witch hazel astringent and Burt's bees acne toner which both work good(witch hazel more so). Today I went and bought the oil of oregano because I've had a cystic zit I could not get rid of for the life of me. Right when I got home I grabbed a cotton ball and rubbed the oil directly on my face, DO NOT do that. It burns sooo bad!! I rushed to the bathroom and ran ice cold water on my face for a good 10 min. And then I got a q-tip, got it wet, added a drop of the oil and applied it directly to the zit and here I am an hour later, writing this review because the zit is almost gone!