Oil of Oregano reviews

4.8/5 - 23 reviews

Oregano Oil is a must!
Reviewed on November 3, 2016

I use Doterra Oregano oil both topically & internally. It has helped some taking it internally but it is amazing topically! You just put a little (diluted of course with water or coconut oil) on your pimples with a Q tip and it is dried out very quickly! The next day that spot will be flaking off & healing, I definitely recommend it! Just be careful because if you don't dilute it you can burn yourself.

Small but mighty.
Reviewed on October 17, 2016

I have always suffered with cystic acne sine I was 12 years old. Went on Accutane for 6 months and it was brutal! Then in my 30's I got it back in the form of adult acne on my chin and I went back on Accutane,then topical acne treatments. I'm 43 now and I've been using oil of oregano oil internally for Candida for about 6 months. I was talking to the sales woman at a health food store and she said she puts it straight on a pimple. I have been doing that for about 3 months. I use it undiluted. My skin can handle it without it burning. I used 5% benzoyl peroxide in the past that was really rough on my skin. I apply the oil of oregano oil to a big cystic pimple and it is gone in 3 days. I am so amazed!! I have tossed out all my expensive topical acne treatments. I still take oil of oregano internally and I have also been taking ACV for 6 months as well. I think both of those things have kept my cystic acne under control.

Ingest, not topical!
Reviewed on September 26, 2016

People, you have to ingest this, not put it on your pimples. Unless you are having a case of hormonal acne (teen years), then your acne is your body's way of telling you there is something wrong on the inside. It is most likely a case of Candida overgrowth (bad bacteria in your gut). You need to kill the Candida and then strengthen your gut with high doses of quality probiotics (Natren is the only brand i recommend). Check out [link removed] Acne was one of my symptoms of severe digestive issues I was having. I had to do many things to cure it all, but here I am, healthier than I've been in 6+ years. Do some research on your own, make sure you buy the right product and cure your issue at the roots! And DON"T listen to doctors! They just want to sell you pills and keep you sick!

Miracle Oil
Reviewed on May 26, 2016

I suffer with combination oily/spotty skin and regularly come on acne.org to read product reviews, I was surprised that oregano oil made the list to treat acne (although i'm not sure why, it has AMAZING anti fungal properties, builds immune system, rids worms and parasites out of the body!) anyway, I have a high potency oregano oil at home, after reading the success stories I decided to try it and I have to say this noticeably flattens raised spots, I used it last night and left it on my face over night, I think one more use will have the spots completely gone, although the redness is still there. It's definitely worth trying but please be warned, THIS IS POTENT AND WILL BURN, I followed the advice of one of the reviews on here and used a q tip / ear bud dipped in water with a droplet of oil and that was way too hot I wouldn't recommend it. I would advise using a few drops in a bowl of water and using some cotton wool to wipe over your face, test it on your hand before adding it to your face. When my face started to burn I covered it in coconut oil, and rode it out but yeah that can obviously be prevented if you are sensible :-)

Works great
Reviewed on April 12, 2016

I have been a member of this site since I was in my early 20's (when I started getting moderate acne). It slowed down through the years but it sometimes picks up and it picked up last summer. I started getting cystic pimples near my chin that took forever to go away. They would never come to a head and I had to just wait it out cause they were not poppable. I read about oil of oregano (I use the oreganol P73). I started taking internally, a few drops under my tongue a day. Then one day I put it on my skin topically and what I noticed was that it helped the inflammation almost immediately and within a day or so it brings the cyst or pimple to head so you can safely extract the gunk inside. I am a firm believer that you need to get the crap out (in a clean manner)..or it will never fully go away. The oregano oil helps. Make sure you use the kind that has an olive oil or tea tree oil/coconut oil etc so it does not burn the skin. I made the mistake once of putting a different type on once (that was not diluted) and I burned my skin..it healed but had a definitely burn for a few days. This stuff also helps keep the immune system in check...Works for so many reasons.

Only thing that has ever worked for me as a cyst spot treatment!
Reviewed on March 14, 2016

TRY this. Please. If you have cystic acne its worth a shot putting this on the spot as a spot treatment. Ive never written a review before, but this has saved my skin.

I've battled cystic acne since I was about 18 - Im now 27. I've been on Accutane twice. Both times it "helped" but my skin still wasnt perfect and then each time months afterward my skin would act up again.

I've tried literally everything (as most of you probably have). As anyone that has dealt with serious acne knows -everything affects peoples skin differently but for me this is the ONLY thing that has ever worked to bring a cyst down. And QUICKLY too. I was going through my medicine cabinet and saw the Oil of Oregano and googled it and saw the good reviews on here already but I had never come across this as a solution. Hoping this thread gets more attention and it comes to the attention of more people!!

What I do: wash my face normally (I use "Fresh Soy Face Cleanser" available at Sephora). Apply moisturizer (I use Complex 15). Then dab one drop of Oil of Oregano on to the cyst. Some people say this burns - it only slightly felt burning to me so I was able to put it on full strength - dilute it in water or coconut oil if its out of control. I did this every few hours and then overnight I do so but put a bandaid overtop to keep it protected.

It seriously went away within 3 days. The cyst started going down within hours. If it works for you please post here so maybe more people see it as a potential solution!!

Oil of Oregano improves seborrheic dermatitis
Reviewed on August 18, 2015

This is one of my favorite oils for treating seborrheic dermatitis. It's potent with antifungal properties to kill the fungus. It can also be used as a spot treatment for warts. Dab a drop on a pimple and it will dry it out so it reduces inflammation. Add a couple drops into a glass of water and it will help kill the candida yeasts. I make sure to keep this oil stocked in my cupboard at all times because it comes in real handy !

Excellent Natural Treatment
Reviewed on May 26, 2015

I tried the Oil of Oregano and found it to work also. I use a ratio of 10 pumps of Vitamin Shoppe Jojoba Oil mixed in a glass jar with 10 drops of Oil of Oregano. I used a q-tip to apply it to the acne after cleansing in the morning and at night and let it soak in. You don't need to use a lot so oil just a little bit. I have moderate acne and oily skin.

Oregano the super plant; I love this stuff!!
Reviewed on February 10, 2015

My new favorite herb/oil!! I've dealt with blackheads, whiteheads, large and painful cysts, and tiny bumps on my face since middle school. I'd tried managing it for years (8+) with dermatologist visits, topicals, antibiotics, diet changes, you name it. Around 4 months ago, I got fed up and when I heard about the caveman regimen (not washing or applying anything to your face), I jumped on board. About a week into it, new pimples started showing up in places I'd never had acne. It's progressed to severe acne where the only clear patch of skin was the left side of my forehead. Massive cysts took over my cheeks and jawline with pimples and blackheads filling every space in between. It got to the point where I wouldn't leave the house if I didn't have to. Prescribed medications and chemicals never worked for me in the past so I resorted to every natural method I came across. I originally got oregano oil for my gingivitis and receding gums (it completely worked by the way) and began applying to my face mixed with seabuckthorn oil, to my toenails for a stubborn fungus, and to my scalp for psoriasis. It took care of ALL of it!! All of my cysts are disappearing, few new pimples are showing up, and the only thing I'm looking for now is a way to clear up the scarring! Wonderful, magical, healing plant. I'm in love. I've also cut out milk in my diet which I believe has helped; however I'm still eating ice cream and cheese and what-have-you so I give the most props to oregano, the super oil. Very much recommended <3

Reviewed on October 17, 2014

The Best! This oil is powerful, so please do not use this without knowing what you are doing! I am a certified health coach, and when I read how some people are applying this to their skin it makes me shudder. Oil of Oregano has heat and will definitely burn when used incorrectly. Mix a little with a carrier oil (examples: jojoba, olive oil, coconut). If you apply the oil without mixing, use very, very little on the spot; it will still work without setting you on fire. :-) I used to have terrible acne and I began using the clarisonic device for cleansing, which helped a lot to deep cleanse my skin. My skin cleared but I still suffered occasional breakouts. Now when I feel a pimple coming on, I apply a tiny drop of oil of oregano and it usually gets rid of it within a day or two. The pimple never becomes large. yay! Again, just a tiny drop is all that's needed. Apply more and you suffer. Good luck!

by CynthiaJ0420 on 10/17/2014 21:24
One more thing: Avoid getting this into your eye! If that accident happens, immediately apply a carrier oil onto the eye and it will stop the burning (the oil won't hurt your eye). If you try to flush with water it won't work. Oil and water don't mix.
by drummerben04 on 01/20/2015 20:20
Would you recommend drinking this Cynthia. You know, 5-6 drops in your water. I have horrible can on my face, shoulders, and chest. Cystic mostly on my chest. Been trying to avoid taking an antibiotic. Drinking Neem Leaf Powder right now.