Obagi Nu-Derm reviews

3.7/5 - 146 reviews

Brand: Obagi

Obagi Nu-Derm Foaming Gel:
Purified water, sodium lauroyl oat amino acids, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium laureth sulfate, aloe barbadensis, medicago sativa (alfalfa) extract, borago officinalis extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) extract, sodium chloride, xanthan gum, saponins, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, fragrance, d&c red no. 33, fd&c yellow no. 5.

Obagi Nu-Derm Toner:
Purified water, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) distillate, potassium alum, sodium pca, panthenol, dmdm hydantoin, polysorbate 80, allantoin, salvia officinalis (sage) leaf extract, borago officinalis extract, calendula officinalis flower extract, saponins, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, fragrance, fd&c blue no. 1.

Obagi Nu-Derm Clear:
Hydroquinone (4%), purified water, cetyl alcohol, glycerin, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearyl alcohol, tocopheryl acetate, asorbic acid, sodium metabisulfite, lactic acid, saponins, disodium edta, methylparaben, bht, propylparaben, and butylparaben.

Obagi Nu-Derm Exfoderm Forte:
Purified water, glycolic acid, emulsifying wax, triethanolamine, glycerin, lactic acid, caprylic/capric triglyceride, kalaya oil, stearic acid, cetyl alcohol, dimethicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, saponins.

Obagi Nu-Derm Blender:
Hydroquinone (4%), water, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, ppg-2 myristyl ether propionate, sodium lauryl sulfate, tea-salicylate, lactic acid, phenyl trimethicone, tocopheryl acetate, sodium metabisulfite, ascorbic acid, methylparaben, complex 272 (saponins), disodium edta, bht, propylparaben.

Obagi Nu-Derm Hydrate:
Water, glycerin, caprylic/capric triglyceride, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, cyclopentasiloxane, glyceryl stearate, cetyl alcohol, dimethicone, saccharide isomerate, stearic acid, polysilicone-11, glycine soja (soy bean) sterols, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, hydrolyzed caesalpinia spinosa gum, hydrolyzed soybean fiber, sodium stearoyl glutamate, caprylyl glycol, bisabolol, allantoin, tocopherol, tetrahydrodiferuloylmethane, panthenol, carbomer, hexylene glycol, sodium hyaluronate, laureth-12, ethylhexylglycerin, phenoxyethanol.

Obagi Nu-Derm Sun Shield SPF 50:
Octinoxade (7.5%), zinc oxide (10.5%), water, cyclopentasiloxane, peg-10 dimethicone, pentylene glycol, stearyl alcohol, phenyl trimethicone, peg-40 stearate, hydroxyethyl acrylate/sodium acryloydimethyl taurate copolymer, sodium dihydroxycetyl phosphate, citric acid, squalane, ceteareth-20, polysilicone-11, dimethicone crosspolymer-3, chlorphenesin, cetearyl alcohol, ethoxylated sorbitan ester, xanthan gum, 1,2-hexanediol, benzoate, polysorbate 60, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, disodium edta, methylisothiazolinone, hydrogenated palm glycerides, ubiquinone, tropolone.

OBAGI NU-DERM Foaming Gel 1, AM/PM, 6.7 fl oz
OBAGI NU-DERM Healthy Skin Protection SPF 35, AM, 3 fl oz
OBAGI NU-DERM Exfoderm 4 Skin Exfoliating Lotion, AM, 2 oz

Brilliant‼️
Reviewed on May 16, 2016

I have been using their products for just over 3 months now and I would say that it iss the best £300 I've ever spent. I no longer have breakouts after years of getting spots on my cheek. I use to use Anti blemish products by Clinique which never did nothing for my skin🙈. I will now go onto using Nu Derm, to get rid of my pigmentation from where the spots have left marks on my skin. I would recommend that people suffering from acne give these products a try. I did and have absolutely no regrets.. When you start using the products your skin will feel a little bit itchy but that's just where your skin is shedding and new skin is forming. People now look at me and ask me if I've been on holiday lol, also telling me I look younger 😳😀🙈, and what have I done. Guess it's that new skin giving me that new glow lol. Very happy with the Obargi Medical products 👏🏾👌🏽❤️

by Mo50 on 06/15/2017 09:00
Hi deedee, can I ask what system you used? My dermatologist prescribed me the obagi crx system but I'm worried it won't work in my spots and bumpy skin texture. I also have hyperpigmentation :(
Great for brown spots
Reviewed on October 3, 2014

I've been lucky (not really) to have to deal with acne and also with melasma. Obagi is pricey but certainly helps improve my melasma by a long shot! I just purchase steps 3,4,5. Also make sure you are using retin a with obagi. I do not know how this works for acne prone skin but if you are trying to get rid of melasma or hyperpigmentation then give this stuff a try! I would suggest using once your skin is basically acne free.

Works!
Reviewed on January 31, 2014

For an extremely sun burnt person, this does work. Perfect under makeup and it is light. Will not make you feel like you are actually wearing sun screen.

Obagi is awful, overpriced and pointless.
Reviewed on January 12, 2014

I have been on the three cream treatment for the use on scars and current acne for 4 months. I was patient and shouldn't have been. Only one cream has actually benefited me and that is the smaller tube. (Tret) Saying that I still believe this is overpriced but it has reduced my current acne and works well on large spots. As for the other two creams they are an absolute rip off and haven't made any difference to me whatsoever it has made my face more red and brought out more scarring. All in all do not waste your money or time.

Worth Trying!
Reviewed on July 23, 2013

I think Obagi can definitely help a lot of people - look at these reviews. It's good for sun damage and scarred skin. It did help me at times and I will go back to it. I think it can even help some people with cystic acne. It wouldn't hold a candle to my deep cysts, though, as nothing topical will. That said, the cleanser combined with the toner is still good, potent stuff. Used with my Clarisonic, it kept the clear areas of my face looking good, and weirdly, I think it made the bad spots look as good as they could. I imagine that with consistent use this will yield the best results if I'm ever out of the woods with these deep cysts. Bottom line: just try it.

Seree, LA
Reviewed on December 6, 2012

I was suffering from moderate acne, I was now trying a third dermatologist in which he recommended obagi. Best thing I ever did, in an ideal world i would of got flawless skin in 2 weeks, but that didnt happen...lol....The Dr told me skin regenerates in 3 months and that how long it too for me to have flawless skin. i did see improvement in about 4-5 weeks. The Dr gave me an exfoliating pad that you can buy from any drug store to use along with my cleanser. This is the reason that I didnt really experience peeling. He gave me different products from the obagi lines to taylor make the kit for my skin, he focused on the acne and said we would worry about the spots later. Luckily the regimen fixed both problems at the same time. He gave me the clenziderm acne clenser, tretenion 0.05%, Nu Derm moisterizer and Obagi-C sunblock spf 30. I used thes products day and night (sunscreen only in the daytime) and now I am proud not to wear make up, I can remember ever having such nice skin. I strongly recommend this product. It seems costly up front but my kit last over for months a little goes such a long way. If you divide what you pay buy the time frame it last its the price of over the counter products. and the good part it you would have to buy all the parts at once when you are replenishing it, which makes it more affordable.

Reviewed on July 19, 2012

Try to drink waterrr. No makeup. Wash your face 2 times a day only.

Anonymous, Canada
Reviewed on May 10, 2012

Everyone's skin is different, but for me Obagi was great but with undesired consequences. I do know its effect inside out though.

I first used it exactly two years ago.

I was desperate for acne treatment because I've tried so many yet none worked.

After my doctor told me for years that "it will eventually fade as I age" I guess he felt bad for me because it was worsening.

So he gave me Obagi Clenziderm (Normal to Dry). My face is very oily but he said this will do for my first use since it is very strong.

During the first few weeks, my skin was crazy.

It was extremely red, dry, flaky, and I just wanted to stop using it. But I knew patience was required from experience.

So about a month or so later, it started to work. Other people noticed before I did.

They complimented my skin! It never happened since I was a kid! Luckily it was during the summer when I didn't have to study. So stress was reduced, increasing its effect. By the time summer was over (3-4 months later), my skin cleared up so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so happy! No breakouts, and the blemishes were fading!!!

After about 8-9 months, my skin was really cleared up and I was satisfied enough to stop using it.

But after I stopped, little bits of acne came back and months later, extreme hot and humid weather made my skin horrible so I used Obagi again. But when I reused it, it had little or no effect. In fact, it darkened my skin and now I'm horrified by my changed skin colour... I stopped using it about a month ago, but I started using it again because it's still the most effective for me to clear up big acnes. It's red all over again because my skin's not used to it any more. So I'm debating whether I should continue or not at the moment.

My doctor prescribed me clindamycin and differin today, so maybe I'll switch over to them which I have never used yet.

So just don't use it in the long term, b/c it still works!!!

Michele, Tulsa OK
Reviewed on March 20, 2012

I'm a 41 yr old female. I started using this about 4 years ago. I've always had problems with acne and it made me vary self conscious about my face. Around the same time my son (15) started getting acne. I was very concerned that he'd start feeling the same way about his face so I introduced the product to him. His face cleared so fast and his skin looked so good that his friends at school started asking what he was using. H'e now 18 and has great skin, smooth & acne free. Now my 13 yr old is using it. I've never been able to find a better product and I'm sure we'll continue to be an Obagi family for years to come.

Marie, Ohio
Reviewed on January 30, 2012

I've struggled with adult cyctic acne since my late teens to early twenties. I am in my late twenties now and it is difficult to find products for young/semi-aging skin.

I have tried Proactive, Oil of Olay, and Nuetragena. Those products only treated my skin for a few weeks and stopped working. I highly recommended this product because it combines the perfect amount of acne treatment and mositurizer to protect skin.

The cleanser is gentle and leaves my skin clean. The therapeutic lotion contains 5% benzoyl peroxide which targets acne (such as mine, cystic). Finally the soothing moisturizer has 20% glycerin (which most other acne products tends to take out of their prodcuts and replace with chemicals) which creates a shield to soothe and protect my skin.

If you are tired of spending extra time getting ready to 'cover' your skin or worrying about your skin, consider this product.

I am a busy woman,and the last thing I need to worry about is my skin. The best compliment came from my husband; when he told me how beatiful my skin looks. :o)

Give Obagi a try for your skin and peace of mind.