Oatmeal, Honey, and Yogurt Face Mask reviews

4.5/5 - 11 reviews

Vegan
Reviewed on October 3, 2014

I'm vegan, so I don't use the yogurt or the honey.

I just grind some of the oatmeal, hydrate it with cold distilled water, and apply it as a mask every other night or so.

It's miraculous.

My face LOVES the stuff. It soaks up oil really well, yet deep moisturizes the skin. It's an excellent exfoliant..

I'm in love.

I finish off with a homemade calendula toner, and go to bed face-up.

: ]

Didnt worked for me..
Reviewed on July 20, 2014

I applied oatmeal mask on my acne several times, but never saw any results. *disappointed* but yeah maybe it will work on others' skin. Depends on ur skin! *my skin is very oily* Best of luck :)

Wonderful as a cleanser!
Reviewed on January 18, 2014

I use a honey oatmeal mixture as a cleanser every night. I started using it because I ran out of my cleanser. I used the honey and oatmeal and definitely saw a difference in my skin. I bought a Neutrogena cleanser and realized my skin was not as smooth or bright. As soon as I restarted using the honey and oatmeal I saw a difference. I'm now staying with this cleanser.

GREAT WHEN USING DRYING IRRITATING PRODUCTS FOR ACNE!!
Reviewed on September 11, 2013

Oatmeal wont cure or keep your acne under control, but it does CALM and SOFTEN and BRIGHTEN your skin which makes you look much better overrall. I like to use if after a sunburn or when using acne products that dry and irritate my skin!

I like to grind oat flakes in a mixer into a fine powder. To use I just mix it with hot (but not boiling) water and apply it alll over my face. I massage it into my skin for a few minutes and then wash it off, I dont like to keep it on too long because when it dries its extremely hard to wash off!!

THE TRICK TO WASHING IT OFF IS TO USE TOILET PAPER! Seriously, try it and you will love how much easier it is. Even if you use it as a mask and its dry by the time you are ready to wash off, just dampen your skin and slowly slide the oatmeal off with toilet paper. (If you think about it, toilet paper is made to be absorbant yet super gentle!) I can never get all the pieces of oatmeal off without toilet paper, life saver trick for m!

Reviewed on October 8, 2012

This mask is one of my go-to home remedies whenever I'm having a bad flare up or dealing with a particularly nasty pimple(cyst or nodule). I've never used yogurt with this but I'm assuming it's used due to it's lactic acid properties which is also very helpful for acne.

I've done this mask as just a plain oatmeal with water mask, and with oatmeal and honey(I like a solo honey as well). For me, the key ingredient is the oatmeal, that's what works. I used it for an awful cyst I had years ago in high school, it was embarrassing and not pop-able. I placed cooked oatmeal on it and taped it in place with a band-aid and did this several times a day, following it up with my normal regimen and it came to a head and started to heal within a few days.

This mask isn't the cure for acne, but it is a lifesaver especially if you're prone to cystic acne or just have painful bumps under the skin. The oatmeal will shrink it, dry the zits up and pull all that nasty stuff to the surface so you can pop them(be careful!) and help it to heal faster.

Just make your oatmeal, add some honey and make a nice paste and put it on your face for a good 30 minutes and wash off.

Anonymous
Reviewed on December 1, 2011

I have been using an OATMEAL CLEANSER, NOT the "oatmeal honey yogurt mask". I would review this for only oatmeal but there is no individual oatmeal section.

If you may not already know, bubzbeauty (from youtube) made a video a long time ago about an oatmeal cleanser. The first time I tried it, it didn't show much results and I felt like I was breaking out even more. I stopped.

But, later on (maybe a year later) I had a weird urge to give it one more chance. And I am soo happy to say that my years of acne is finally GONE.

I wash morning and night with oatmeal (and only oatmeal). I don't wear makeup so if you do, you would want to wipe the makeup off first (since oatmeal is a mild cleanser). I rinse it off with cold to lukewarm water.

I've been doing this simple regime for a week and saw results. My skin is clear, glowing and very healthy looking. Before, it was acne infested, dull and just.. disgusting.

Oatmeal is super cheap too. I got a big tub of it for $3.

*Don't forget to follow your other daily regimes (aka toner, lotion, etc.)

Reviewed on November 18, 2011

not for sensitive combination skin. everyone's been saying good stuff about this mask, especially the oatmeal but i learned my lesson not to try everything you hear thats good for skin. my skin was ok, starting to heal, actually. then BOOM. scattered pimples.

for light type of acne only.

Reviewed on May 27, 2011

I have only used this mask once and its fantastic and I will continue to use it. However don't use it too much, maybe once a month or else you will grow immune to it. It smells so nice so don't be tempted to eat it.

angelina
Reviewed on April 17, 2011

AMAZING!! the bottom line is that it helps the old marks from older pimples fade away :) it smells very good, and easy to make it :) <3

Reviewed on September 28, 2010

I love it, i've been using it for two days along with an avocado mask and my flakiness is almost gone.