nuvaring Monthly Contraceptive reviews

4.3/5 - 3 reviews

Brand: nuvaring

nuvaring Monthly Contraceptive

Helped with my cystic acne
Reviewed on July 13, 2017

Easy, effective and way less acne! I almost tried spiralactone glad I switched birth controls first!

Life-changing
Reviewed on August 23, 2014

The Short Version: I love the NuvaRing. It took 3 months to work, but now my skin is clearer than it's ever been. Try it!

The Long Version: I've had moderate-severe cystic acne since 7th grade. For 8 years I struggled with giant cysts on my chin and forehead, plenty of red, angry acne scars, and countless prescriptions. Antibiotics worked to control it a little, but at best I was down to 2 or 3 cysts a week and was slowly killing off my good bacteria in my gut. I tried Ortho Tri-Cyclen which was a DISASTER, so I was tentative to try NuvaRing too. But I'm so glad I did. The first month was rough - I definitely had more acne and I was coming off of the antibiotics at the same time, which made it even worse. But I just started month 4, and my skin is clearer than it's been since middle school. No cysts, a handful of blackheads, and ... that's IT. I'm amazed. Definitely try this product if you have hormonal cystic acne -- it's different for everyone, but NuvaRIng worked great for me.

NuvaRing and acne
Reviewed on April 16, 2014

I give this three stars only because it was easy to use. I seriously forgot I was even using it. BUT, (i'm pretty sure) it gave me acne. I just started this two and a half weeks ago and have been having the worst break out of my life. I usually never have to put anything on my face other than lotion, but now I am using BP and clindamycin (which is hell honestly) to try to clear up what I'm assuming the NuvaRing did to my face.

by SiriBai on 01/05/2015 02:11
did you stay on the NuvaRing and if so, was it just an initial breakout?