Page 3 of Not Washing or Water Only reviews

3.7/5 - 47 reviews

Reviewed on January 22, 2013

Omg do it! I never post on here bc nothing really helped. This is the answer people, stop using crap on your face. Deal with the horror that is your face for the first week and week going!

Reviewed on January 22, 2013

I tried the water only method a few months ago when my acne was quite severe, and I can't say it did anything positive for me...of course, I didn't try it for very long, so maybe people who experiment with it for a couple of months would have better results, but so far the only thing that seems to clear my skin consistently is velocity and epiduo...I wish the more natural methods would work for me, but so far they haven't.

Reviewed on January 21, 2013

I cant believe for the better part of 15 years I have been stripping my face twice a day and stressing over near weekly new "additions". I'm absolutely convinced now that me trying all these prevention methods was the cause of my issues. Just cant believe it. Makes me think all acne topicals are bogus and the problems they cause actually keep you hooked to them, simply due to being misinformed. Finding this method is one of the best things that's happened to me in quite a while. Its hard to let go, but just avoid the mirror, live your life, and you will pass by the mirror one day and be shocked at how good your skin can look after all this time being stripped of its natural look. And as people have mentioned here previously, even if you do get one here and there, the heal time is a day or two, not a week or two like it used to be! Please spread the word!

Reviewed on December 26, 2012

I gave up on topicals due to the frustration of trying to restart differin after quitting for about 6 weeks. After 8 weeks of differin, bp, cleansers and moisturizers, I was fed up as my acne was not improving.

So, out of frustration I quit cold turkey. At first I washed once a day with water only. It was working pretty well. Then I tried twice a day and my skin got worse. So I quit washing all together and its been pretty good. Still get breakouts, but smaller. No need for makeup.

Reviewed on December 22, 2012

oh my lord. so far so good !!

I am so happy. im 15 years old and my acne is moderate. Nothing was working recently so i tried this! I wash my face two times a day with warm water only and sometimes just use a bit of Cetaphil moisturiser before makeup. My skin is better,no spots,MUCH less reddness and irritatation and my acne scars are much less visible. i guess i should just let my skin be and not interrupt her business :-)

Reviewed on August 3, 2012

I've done hours of research. Never ever have a read a legitimate success story fom topicals.

Take a hot shower and use your hands after softening up your skin under the water for about a minute. Keep anti bacterial hand soap in hand and just wash your hands in the shower with the soap. Slough the dead skin cells with your hands only you will feel your hands accumulate the oil. Please stop using cleansers they just disrupt your skins natural pH which is better at defending acne than any cleanser. Spot treat if you have to but I suggest 1 month of oral antibiotics to get you going if you have anything more than mild acne. Stick with it be patient and don't touch your face at all costs.

Reviewed on July 25, 2012

I truly wanted this to work for me and I was so excited about it, because for about a month or so my skin had never looked better. Despite my 98% clear skin, I became picky. I ceased the day-and-night daniel kern regimen I was on at the time and saw immediate wonderful results. The oil production had completely balanced out in a matter of days and eventually I had no spots at all. Little did I know, under the surface, day by day my pores became more and more clogged and upset. One night about 5 weeks in, I looked in the mirror and realized that hidden under the surface there were hundreds of tiny little red spots ALL over my face. It was absolutely horrendous. I began washing again and my face was just caked with a thick layer of dead skin, which also probably caused the clogging. Over the past couple months I have never been in a more terrified and helpless state. I have isolated my self from everyone and completely lost my mind and sense of who I am. It really has just ruined me. I have absolutely no idea what made me think that this would actually work for my hormonal teenage skin. It will most likely work wonders for some older folks or perhaps those whose faces were just not made for chemicals, but for my fickle, clog-prone skin it was an atomic bomb of sorrow.

Be extremely cautious before you decide to take this plunge. I am not discouraging you, but if something as extreme as this was never meant for your skin, you will certainly be dealing with the aftermath for a very, very long time.

Reviewed on July 24, 2012

Think like a caveman. There are only lakes, rivers and oceans for you to bath in right? There are no cleansers, moisturizers and whatever else these skin care industries make. The oil produced from your body on your skin is actually good and healthy. Your body does a fantastic job keeping out harmful bacteria and other micro-organisms. Respect your body. "If you wont eat it or drink, don't put it on your skin." Basically, there are many types of "caveman regimens" over google. But i believe that splashing your skin with cold water is the best way to go. Think about it, cavemen would sometimes swim or bath in lakes and rivers, which are cold, not hot, and not warm. Goodluck! Persevere!

Reviewed on June 26, 2012

IT WORKS .... I've used this method since 2006 and I still do get an occasional zit it works because it doesn't irritate the skin.

Reviewed on June 17, 2012

I rinse and massage my face with pure water every night before going to bed. In the morning when I shower I use an organic all natural Ayurvedic flour to exfoliate my skin. I don't use soap and my skin is thanking me for it.

Every acne sufferer makes the mistake of trying harsh products because we see acne as the enemy that needs to be killed. It's not, our bodies are trying to tell us something. And when our skin is in such a sensitive state using harsh products ultimately makes it worse! Just like how typical shampoos dry out and hurt our hair, these products are stripping our skin. It might sound counterintuitive, but it will actually prevent your skin from producing more oil---unlike after you've stripped it all off with toxic chemicals!

Doing this has had the strongest effect on my skin quality. My breakouts are smaller, less red and don't last as long. It's not the only thing I do, but it's had the best effect. Give it some time, your skin might be greasier for a bit. Mine wasn't, but everyone is different.

If you can't eat or drink it, don't put it on your skin.