Not Washing or Water Only

Average price: $28.33

Most helpful review

By Anonymous on 06/08/2013
thumbnail

I am amazed at how highly rated the caveman method is. I would only try this if I had a few pimples here and there. I have moderately severe acne, and after trying this method my face went nuts. It was a nightmare. Seriously, this only works if you never really had acne in the first place. If you have acne in your genetics, continue treating your acne..

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

By on

I gave up on topicals due to the frustration of trying to restart differin after quitting for about 6 weeks. After 8 weeks of differin, bp, cleansers and moisturizers, I was fed up as my acne was not improving.

So, out of frustration I quit cold turkey. At first I washed once a day with water only. It was working pretty well. Then I tried twice a day and my skin got worse. So I quit washing all together and its been pretty good. Still get breakouts, but smaller. No need for makeup.

Pros

• requires minimal to no effort
  • reduces irritation
  • natural
  • allows skin to heal
  • fewer/less noticeable blackheads on nose/chin
  • This regimen cleared the congestion on my forehead, and I no longer get painful red lumps up there.

Cons

• still get breakouts, but less frequently and MUCH less severe
  • I still get breakouts on my cheeks, but hardly on my forehead or chin anymore.
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

oh my lord. so far so good !!

I am so happy. im 15 years old and my acne is moderate. Nothing was working recently so i tried this! I wash my face two times a day with warm water only and sometimes just use a bit of Cetaphil moisturiser before makeup. My skin is better,no spots,MUCH less reddness and irritatation and my acne scars are much less visible. i guess i should just let my skin be and not interrupt her business :-)

Pros

• not time consuming
  • easy
  • cheap
  • effective

Cons

• skin is a bit rough but not a major put off
  • bit of blackheads
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've done hours of research. Never ever have a read a legitimate success story fom topicals.

Take a hot shower and use your hands after softening up your skin under the water for about a minute. Keep anti bacterial hand soap in hand and just wash your hands in the shower with the soap. Slough the dead skin cells with your hands only you will feel your hands accumulate the oil. Please stop using cleansers they just disrupt your skins natural pH which is better at defending acne than any cleanser. Spot treat if you have to but I suggest 1 month of oral antibiotics to get you going if you have anything more than mild acne. Stick with it be patient and don't touch your face at all costs.

Pros

• Only way to do it.

Cons

• None.

By on

I truly wanted this to work for me and I was so excited about it, because for about a month or so my skin had never looked better. Despite my 98% clear skin, I became picky. I ceased the day-and-night daniel kern regimen I was on at the time and saw immediate wonderful results. The oil production had completely balanced out in a matter of days and eventually I had no spots at all. Little did I know, under the surface, day by day my pores became more and more clogged and upset. One night about 5 weeks in, I looked in the mirror and realized that hidden under the surface there were hundreds of tiny little red spots ALL over my face. It was absolutely horrendous. I began washing again and my face was just caked with a thick layer of dead skin, which also probably caused the clogging. Over the past couple months I have never been in a more terrified and helpless state. I have isolated my self from everyone and completely lost my mind and sense of who I am. It really has just ruined me. I have absolutely no idea what made me think that this would actually work for my hormonal teenage skin. It will most likely work wonders for some older folks or perhaps those whose faces were just not made for chemicals, but for my fickle, clog-prone skin it was an atomic bomb of sorrow.

Be extremely cautious before you decide to take this plunge. I am not discouraging you, but if something as extreme as this was never meant for your skin, you will certainly be dealing with the aftermath for a very, very long time.

Pros

• Fantastic results for about a month. I was absolutely ecstatic and glad it worked when it worked - the end of my senior year in high school. I really thought this was the cure.

Cons

• The worst breakout I have ever experienced that had been building up under the skin the entire time - this caused an entire apathetic summer of depression, anxiety, isolation, and recovery. As well as scars and frail skin to last me much longer.
  • moderately severe
  • for about a month
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Think like a caveman. There are only lakes, rivers and oceans for you to bath in right? There are no cleansers, moisturizers and whatever else these skin care industries make. The oil produced from your body on your skin is actually good and healthy. Your body does a fantastic job keeping out harmful bacteria and other micro-organisms. Respect your body. "If you wont eat it or drink, don't put it on your skin." Basically, there are many types of "caveman regimens" over google. But i believe that splashing your skin with cold water is the best way to go. Think about it, cavemen would sometimes swim or bath in lakes and rivers, which are cold, not hot, and not warm. Goodluck! Persevere!

Pros

• natural
  • healthier
  • quick
  • easy
  • heals

Cons

• you're skin might not be use to you letting it breathe without any chemicals touching it, so therefore you're skin might be irritated due to this alteration.
  • moderately severe
  • for about a week
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

IT WORKS .... I've used this method since 2006 and I still do get an occasional zit it works because it doesn't irritate the skin.

Pros

• Inexpensive
  • Doesn't dye your hair , pillow cases, shirts
  • Doesn't irritate your skin
  • Simple & (in time) effective

Cons

• Requires patience (especially if you've used a lot of products for a long time , like me)
  • moderately severe
  • for more than a year
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I rinse and massage my face with pure water every night before going to bed. In the morning when I shower I use an organic all natural Ayurvedic flour to exfoliate my skin. I don't use soap and my skin is thanking me for it.

Every acne sufferer makes the mistake of trying harsh products because we see acne as the enemy that needs to be killed. It's not, our bodies are trying to tell us something. And when our skin is in such a sensitive state using harsh products ultimately makes it worse! Just like how typical shampoos dry out and hurt our hair, these products are stripping our skin. It might sound counterintuitive, but it will actually prevent your skin from producing more oil---unlike after you've stripped it all off with toxic chemicals!

Doing this has had the strongest effect on my skin quality. My breakouts are smaller, less red and don't last as long. It's not the only thing I do, but it's had the best effect. Give it some time, your skin might be greasier for a bit. Mine wasn't, but everyone is different.

If you can't eat or drink it, don't put it on your skin.

Pros

• Gentle
  • Cheap
  • Effective
  • Natural

Cons

• Check your water quality before trying.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

THIS WORKS! This is the only thing other than Accutane and not eating carbs/sugars and starches that has worked for me.

Things I've tried that do NOT work:

benzoyl peroxide, antibiotics, salicylic acid and glycolic acid topicals, isolaz, salicylic acid chemical peels (had 2 treatments), aesthetician extraction and red-blue light therapy, acne washes (i've tried Neutrogena, Purpose, and Cetaphil), and the oil cleansing method (using Coconut Oil-broke me out everywhere after one month).

Pros

• My skin has become less red and inflamed. I haven't gotten a new pimple in over a month (i usually get a new zit every week). Topical treatments (e.g. salycilic acid, toners, face washes, including Purpose and Cetaphil, which my derm recommended) all left my skin inflamed and did nothing to stop the multiple zits that plagued me consistently even after having been on Accutane.
  • I wash by GENTLY massaging warm water into my face once a day, and my skin is no longer red and my acne is gone.

Cons

• Skin may be very flaky for the first week of trying this, but I found that as long as you gently wipe the skin down with warm water this helps stop initial breakouts from dead skin buildup.
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I wash my face with a pea size amount of purpose gentle cleanser once a week.

Pros

• Cheap and easy

Cons

[not submitted]
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Cold water once a day is the only thing that has ever cleared my skin. I sometimes think that maybe I can do better and then I switch to like some Olay, Neutrogena or high-end acne product for a while and it never works. Always makes my skin worse, and if it has acids in it, they dry my skin out and break it out.

Pros

• The only thing that clears my skin

Cons

• My skin becomes dry because I can't put lotion on it
  • severe
  • for more than a year
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.