No Red Meat Diet reviews

4.4/5 - 8 reviews

James, Redlands, CA
Reviewed on December 8, 2011

This works and the only way to know for sure is to try yourself.

THIS NEEDS TO BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH ACNE MEDICATION (i.e. topical Benzoyl peroxide as I am using as well)

Reviewed on May 27, 2011

I went vegan (no animal products at all) for 5-6 months just to see what the effect would be on my moderate acne and my weight issue (I've had a mild weight problem my whole life due to poor diet). I actually gained some weight because my body started storing was I was ingesting. However it did help me to learn to like vegetables, which makes my diet what it is now - very healthy. It had absolutely no effect on my acne - I did not have more, I did not have less. So as an acne treatment it proved ineffective for me.

Reviewed on February 28, 2011

I started this about two years ago but actually not for acne reasons. In fact, I just learned it would help. However, I did notice that when I do get something, it's light, so it does really help. As another plus, it got rid of my migraines too.

Reviewed on October 13, 2010

Try it and see if it works for you. It should do at least something for most people's acne woes.

Reviewed on August 19, 2010

Try it, it's not like you can't go back. Always seek advice if you have any questions, whether on this forum, other vegetarians, or experts.

Veggie Head, St. Louis, MO
Reviewed on June 22, 2010

I've been vegetarian for the past three years.

Before becoming vegetarian at age 15, I had acne all over my face, red scarring everywhere, and I had awful combination skin. Every acne product would dry out my skin. Nothing worked.

I became vegetarian for ethical reasons, and was shocked to find that my diet not only made me feel healthier, but also cleared up my skin a lot. My skin isn't totally clear, and I've had some help from a dermatologist, but the diet I'm on has made a noticeable difference.

It's worth a try-- you may just like it! Fake meat tastes real, has less fat and calories, and has many more nutrients. I love peanut butter, Nutella, nuts, and dairy, so protein hasn't really been a problem for me, although I do take an iron supplement.

The issue is dairy is also treated with hormones and chemicals, and I don't think I could give that up, too! There aren't very many fake cheeses out there...

jenryalee
Reviewed on April 7, 2010

Red meat is full of hormones and chemicals, so staying away from it helps to clear out your skin. Or, switching to Organic meat, but that's very pricey. I switched from red meat to tofu products and was very happy with the results.

Lisa, Seattle
Reviewed on March 29, 2010

This is a no red meat diet or semi veg.

If you don't eat pork and beef you can clear your skin because these animals are shot up with hormones . So eating cows and pigs (unless they anr organic)will mess up your skin.I only eat chicken and fish and my skin is clearing up.you have to try it.you will also be less sick.I'm taking baby steps to being vegan and I'm loving my skin it's not as oily.if your fighting acne then don't eat red meat.