Page 2 of No milk/No Dairy Dairy Free Diet reviews

4.2/5 - 68 reviews

Brand: No milk/No Dairy

No Effect
Reviewed on July 27, 2016

I eliminated dairy for 3 months and I still get acne breakouts, eliminating daiy from my diet didn't do jack sh*t

by Epie on 08/03/2016 17:17
Do you eat whey protein? I found out that whey protein can affect acne also. I am on topical medication and realized that diary was affecting my acne. I eliminated dairy, or so I thought. I was making protein shakes using water or almond milk, but acne persisted. Then I came across a video and found out that whey also affects acne.
Bacne Cleared
Reviewed on July 27, 2016

Had acne for a decade. Since i eliminated dairy from my diet it took just 2 weeks for my back acne to clear!!

Substitute your milk for almond milk and your whey protein for vegan blend, or high quality izolate since it has considerably less lactose than concetrate.

95% clear
Reviewed on July 14, 2016

Eliminating dairy completely from my diet has cleared my acne 95%. For a while I had eliminated all dairy except butter, which I liked to cook with. However, I found that even butter was behind my severe back acne. In my view, the key is to make sure that everything that you are ingesting is free of dairy and milk products.

When I go out to eat, I make sure that the dishes that I order do not have dairy, or I go to a vegan restaurant to be 100% sure. I've had moderate to severe acne since my teenage years (I'm now 28), so such an unpleasant dietary change I am willing to do for clear skin.

TRY IT OUT!
Reviewed on June 12, 2016

I stopped eating dairy 2 months ago and it has dramatically reduced my acne and now on the extremely rare occasion when I do eat something containing dairy I get huge & painful cysts. I've also reduced my oil and sugar intake and that alongside of being dairy free has made all the difference. I only have about 5 active breakouts the rest is just mild scaring that will go away on its own and with a lot of water intake.

Skin Type: Acne Prone / Combination Skin

Skin Routine:

This is my current skin routine that has been really working for me, eventually I'm going to transition into more natural products.

Acne.org Cleanser & Spot treatment

THAYERS alcohol- free Aloe Vera Toner

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture with SPF

For make up I use Cover Fx which is good for acne prone skin

Suggestions:

Drink A LOT of water or tea (green tea and I've heard that Rooibos tea is also good for acne but Ive never tired that)

Substitute cows milk with almond milk or soy (I like almond milk)

If you really want to eat cheese you can buy Vegan cheese (I don't)

When eating outside ask if your meal contains dairy and try to eat fresh foods that don't require a lot (salad, sandwiches, beans etc) or eat at vegan / vegetarian spot.

by Whiteheads girl on 06/24/2016 06:12
How long did it take for you to see results? I am one week into it but I am still getting acne 😣
by LalaE on 07/31/2016 23:40
It took me about 4-5 months to get my skin to where it is now, pretty much clear. I have a few tiny bumps but nothing major. It depends on your skin type, find out what kind of things make you break out and reduce your intake or eliminate it. Things like sugar I wouldn't eliminate just reduce. Hope you're seeing better results now!
by essiemarie on 08/29/2016 00:25
When you first eliminated dairy did you see worse results before you saw better? I just within the last few days have become dairy & gluten free! I am breaking out like crazy & places on my face I never use to!? Should I be worried ?
by LalaE on 09/11/2016 19:28
@essiemarie Your skin is prob purging and will hopefully get clearer soon. That didn't happen to me but we have different bodies/skin, I also didn't give up gluten so I'm not sure. When I first eliminated dairy my skin become super sensitive to it, I cant have dairy AT ALL or I'll break out. Don't be worried girl, drink A LOT of water, listen to your body and you'll be fine!
Cured my acne.
Reviewed on June 10, 2016

If you are struggling with acne wether it be light, moderate or severe I STRONGLY suggest you go milk/dairy/meat free JUST FOR 6 MONTHS so you can see a difference. If it has no effect on your skin, then maybe dairy isn't a factor in your acne. For me, I went vegan one month ago and my acne COMPLETELY VANISHED. I am eating a lot of organic fruits and vegetables and nothing that comes in a package. I've been struggling with acne for as long as I can remember and I know for a fact going vegan helped tremendously. I was also using the Indian Healing clay mask (with AVC) and I was drinking A LOT OF TEA. Green tea, white tea, black tea, etc. I hope all of you at least try this method, It has been a life saver for me!

by Stan77 on 08/11/2016 08:58
It's dairy what causing it not meat. Btw if you're vegan you should suplement vitamin b12.
by essiemarie on 08/29/2016 00:26
How long before you started to notice results!!!? And did you have any major breakouts before clearing up? I within the last week have gone gluten & dairy free... and my face looks worse than it ever has!!!!
Less Dairy, Less Acne
Reviewed on May 26, 2016

I suffered from severe acne starting in high school, and it continued into my undergraduate career. I'm now 26 and acne free with the best skin I've ever had. I even get compliments from strangers!

My acne was so bad, I would want to stay home from school so people could not see my face. I was so embarrassed, I would take being sick to stay home. I'm sure my parents knew the real reason, but they went along with it anyway. The amount of times I went to the dermatologist is uncountable and the number of medications I took to clear my skin is enormous. I have taken several types of daily antibiotics over the course of yeas that I am paying for still today in the form of several digestive problems. If your are taking antibiotics for acne, please, please, please, try and discontinue! They are pointless and will cause so many terrible side effects. I was becoming desperate and depressed. I also was developing small scars on my face, so during times when my skin was relatively clear, I was still embarrassed about my appearance. I was giving up.

When I was 22 and finishing my undergrad degree, I developed a lactose sensitivity and severe irritable bowel syndrome stemming from the antibiotic use to treat my acne. I now had to begin cutting out dairy. It was very difficult! I loved ice cream, pizza, and especially those string cheese sticks! Over a few months I was able to cut out nearly all dairy. As a result my skin cleared along with how much dairy I removed from my diet. My mind was blown! Because of this, I started to pay very close attention to what else I could eliminate to help my skin. I reduced sugar, began drinking more water, and cooking only with olive and coconut oil to name the bigger changes in my diet.

Over the past four years, my skin has changed completely! My skin is nearly flawless. My lactose sensitivity has been bittersweet - a blessing in disguise. I highly recommend removing dairy from your diet or at least greatly reducing it. Even triggers that caused breakouts before do not affect me - dehydration, stress, lack of sleep, etc... I just completed my graduate degree. It was the most stressful and exhausting time of my life thus far, but I never had a problem with my skin!

Diet changes take time, and the clearing of your skin may take more time. I understand that diet alterations may not work for everyone, but it is worth a try! There is also research to support the inflammatory affects of dairy on the human body. An article titled "Evidence for Acne Promoting Effects of Milk and Other Insulinotropic Dairy Products" by Bodo C. Melnik (2011) discusses the relationship between dairy, inflammation, and acne. Do your research!

Best of luck with your fight against acne!

CJ

Tops
Reviewed on May 17, 2016

I actually quit dairy for reasons unrelated to acne (I don't believe a cow's hormones are compatible with the human body), but was thrilled to notice an amazing skin improvement.

My acne used to be more severe in my teen years and started to clear up in my early 20's. However I've had moderate back acne and little white bumps that are under the skin on my face for as long as I can remember. The ones on my face were mostly only noticeable up close, but we all know we're perfectionists when it comes to our own appearances. They bothered me quite a bit as I thought my skin was an unpleasant texture and would avoid looking at myself in certain lighting.

As soon as I quit dairy (three weeks ago) I've noticed a drastic improvement on my back, chest and face. I can only attribute it to the cutting of dairy as it's the only lifestyle alteration I've made, and a problem I've had for 7 years has pretty much disappeared.

My back and chest are completely clear and the white bumps on my face are almost completely gone (there are a couple here and there which I'm convinced will clear up too given time).

A side bonus note unrelated to acne, I've noticed significantly more stable moods and a massive dulling of my ADHD symptoms since quitting it too. So glad I did it and can't recommend it enough.

by essiemarie on 08/29/2016 00:36
How long did it take for you to start seeing your skin clear up! I have just eliminated dairy from my diet and my skin is looking terrible! Not sure how long I should wait until I should be panicking!
It helped with my back acne
Reviewed on May 5, 2016

Going completely dairy free has helped me with back acne. But you cannot just cut out milk, you have to cut out all dairy products/products with some kind of dairy in it. This is kind of a struggle in the beginning as you have to read a lot of labels, and A LOT of food that you wouldn't think had milk in it does (like some potato chips), but after a while you would know more of what is safe. And also, going dairy free helped me with weight loss. I think it is mostly because nearly every chocolate contains milk, so I stay away from it, and dark chocolate without milk satisfies cravings faster because of the amount of cocoa. Anyway, this is my experience - but if you haven't tried going dairy free yet I recommend trying it at least :-)

by jessie_c738 on 05/13/2016 19:52
Might seem like a silly question, but did you cut out eggs/egg whites as well? I am a little desperate to find a solution at this point, and have decided to cut out dairy, ie. cheese, milk, butter, etc but am wondering if eggs should be also. Thanks.
by jcjcjc90 on 05/21/2016 11:29
Hi! No, I haven't cut out eggs, only everything containing dairy :-)
Dairy Free Didn't Help Me
Reviewed on May 5, 2016

I've been lurking for 3 years on acne.org but just joined up today.

Back story: 34 year old female, 2 kids, moderate acne (not cystic) for 3+ years. Never been overweight, no obvious lactose intolerance GI Issues. I can tolerate dairy just fine but I know it's not meant for regular human consumption. I had bad pregnancy nausea and constipation while pregnant and have always felt that pregnancy damaged my gut. My problems started afterward.

Acne began at 31 years of age, 3 weeks after I weaned my 2nd baby. No previous struggles with acne and it came so out of the blue I thought it was a yeast rash. I have tried almost every topical available and have had 6 appointments, 3 of them with a dermatologist. Neither dr ever mentioned that diet could play a part in my acne. All said it was "hormonal". I absolutely cannot tolerate birth control pills so that's not an option. I tried them and was miserable.

2 months ago I decided to drop most dairy from my diet to just SEE what would happen. I used to eat yogurt and cheese sticks every day and would sometimes eat cereal but not regularly. Mostly it was cheese and chobani yogurt.

Admittedly I did not go hardcore on the dairy free but I definitely reduced my dairy intake significantly....by about 75%. Maybe 3 times in 2 months I had pizza and twice some feta in a salad. In these last 2 months my acne has gotten worse. The worst it's ever been. So I'm going to say that dairy is not my problem.

Reduced dairy showed zero improvement. In the midst of the worst breakout I ate 3 bowls of cereal to feel better. :)

Now I'm onto dropping grains too. As of 3 days ago I have gone full paleo. It sucks but the struggle is real. After 30 days I will post if I notice any improvement so look for that in the forums. I'm really trying to go hardcore with this since I'm more and more aggravated, hopeless and depressed looking like an inflamed bumpy mess.

cheap and effective. get to the root cause instead of treating the symtpoms.
Reviewed on March 23, 2016

Wanted to share my story here about the dairy-acne connection. I tried everything for my acne. Retin-A, antibiotics, birth control, and even Accutane. Most worked for a while and Accutane kept me mostly clear for 9 years but my acne started coming back slowly. The last few weeks, I was getting new breakouts everyday and starting to feel the skin stress of the pre-Accutane days. I was mostly getting acne around my mouth and chin. I decided last week to cut out all dairy from my diet. Since that day, I have not gotten one single new pimple and my skin is less oily as well. It is only after Accutane that I became interested in natural remedies and I've been doing a lot research over the years. I really believe that acne is an internal problem. Often caused by diet and stress. I wish I had known this 10 years ago prior to going on Accutane. It's sad that something as simple as diet change could be saving people from years of insecurity with regards to their skin and a lot of money. To anyone who suffers from stress, anxiety or depression when it comes to their skin (like I did), I would highly recommend eliminating dairy from your diet to determine if this may be the culprit for you. I would also consider testing for other food intolerances that could be affecting your skin (gluten, nuts, etc).