Page 2 of No milk/No Dairy Dairy Free Diet reviews

3.7/5 - 17 reviews

Brand: No milk/No Dairy

Reviewed on September 10, 2012

As strongly as all doctors disagree with me, I lived with acne all my life and know for a fact that I always breakout whenever I have dairy products. I'm also lactose-intolerant.

Never fails. Everytime I stay away from dairy food, my face clears up. When I have a glass of milk, a huge tub of yogurt, caesar salad dressing instead of italian/french and even cheese, zits will appear, out of nowhere, for no good reasons. This happens ALL the time. I leave at least 2-3 months in between trials and nothing else explains it. Plus I become more flatulent and sometimes, have a slight indigestion.

I don't really care what dermatologists or doctors say when I tell them I can't have milk because of acne, I know it doesn't work for me. I don't completely stay away but I take it real easy on it. Now, dairy products, I'm going at one serving per fortnight, very little.

Note: I'm acne-free now. I have the occasional zit every 3 weeks or so from stress or lack of sleep (and dairy food) but I had very severe acne a year ago. My face cleared up and staying away from dairy product helps.

Reviewed on June 28, 2012

This is the best thing I have ever done for my skin and body. I embarked on this a few times, each time my skin cleared up significantly, but then I would be coaxed into drinking a latte or eating mac'n cheese or cheesecake and my face would break out within 3 days all around my chin and lips, then it would start crawling up my cheeks.. ugh... it was terrible. Because I would have these new breakouts and then all the healing ones from the month before clustered around in a gigantic red mess on my face.

I've been having the acne that never totally clears so I concluded that this must be a dietary issue. I was right. If you have chronic cysts and acne breakouts everywhere, particularly on your chin, try dairy free.

*make sure if you are changing your diet like this, that you replace it with something so you don't feel deprived, you're getting nutrition, and you don't wind up with something similar to an eating disorder. If you are a vegetarian embarking on this, try eating more legumes for your source of protein, or quinoa.

The biggest hurdle will be sharing your dietary change with family and friends. I was a vegetarian for around 6 years and was given much criticism. So, I expected the same with this, but thankfully, it has not been too bad... but people keep bringing up dairy to me (Oh, do you need milk? Let me give you this poutine covered in cheese..etc.). It seems like cow's dairy is so engraved in our culture here in the western world that many cannot imagine a world without it. Well, let me tell you, that not partaking is definitely possible, and you might just feel and look better because of it.

Reviewed on May 6, 2012

tried this for 3 months, did not do anything for my acne. another overrated holistic approach.

Reviewed on February 4, 2012

I've only tried this for about a week but I am seeing results. This could be, however, a result of me taking better care of my skin in general.

But I would say it has DEFINITELY helped. I feel it, ya know? I'd started really liking milk about two weeks ago and getting really,really bad break outs (few but huge, heavy pimples). Then I read on wikipedia that milk and acne are linked to one another ..and , after some research, I decided to cut dairy from my diet.

Boy, has it worked! : ) : )

Reviewed on November 21, 2011

So my acne started becoming a 'critical situation' about 5 months ago. I always had a love hate relationship with dairy and always felt it aggravated my eczema but never did anything about it, So funnily enough, eczema is GONE, and acne is here in full force. I got an allergy test that said i am sensitive to lactose so i cut it all out and i feel better for it. Im did soya for a while which i'm no longer keen on so its almond milk all the way... bottom line is give it a try,

Reviewed on August 14, 2011

For me, this is SUPER important in addition to not eating empty/refined carbs or sugar, taking probiotic and vitamin supplements, and keeping a good topical routine. Without a doubt dairy can cause acne, and everyone who struggles with it should consider eliminating it from their diet and seeing if it helps them.

Reviewed on June 4, 2011

Theres a definite link to my acne outbreaks and diary. My acne is under contol at the moment!!.