No milk/No Dairy Dairy Free Diet

Recommended by 71% of visitors

Brand: No milk/No Dairy

Most helpful review

By Ana, Edmonton Alberta on 06/28/2012

This is the best thing I have ever done for my skin and body. I embarked on this a few times, each time my skin cleared up significantly, but then I would be coaxed into drinking a latte or eating mac'n cheese or cheesecake and my face would break out within 3 days all around my chin and lips, then it would start crawling up my cheeks.. ugh... it was terrible. Because I would have these new breakouts and then all the healing ones from the month before clustered around in a gigantic red mess on my face. I've been having the acne that never totally clears so I concluded that this must be a dietary issue. I was right. If you have chronic cysts and acne breakouts everywhere, particularly on your chin, try dairy free. *make sure if you are changing your diet like this, that you replace it with something so you don't feel deprived, you're getting nutrition, and you don't wind up with something similar to an eating disorder. If you are a vegetarian embarking on this, try eating more legumes for your source of protein, or quinoa. The biggest hurdle will be sharing your dietary change with family and friends. I was a vegetarian for around 6 years and was given much criticism. So, I expected the same with this, but thankfully, it has not been too bad... but people keep bringing up dairy to me (Oh, do you need milk? Let me give you this poutine covered in cheese..etc.). It seems like cow's dairy is so engraved in our culture here in the western world that many cannot imagine a world without it. Well, let me tell you, that not partaking is definitely possible, and you might just feel and look better because of it..

Pros:
  • Acne is rapidly clearing, topical regimes are working better. Milk and dairy products are easily replaced (I've been using almond milk in my coffee and oatmeal). Yogurt doesn't seem to break me out (possibly because of the probiotics?) so I continue to eat it on an ongoing basis, but I try to eat miso and take probiotic supplements for a happy gut because I want to avoid dairy as much as possible. Overall, I feel healthier and my skin is looking drastically better.
Cons:
  • I sort of miss dairy cheese (but not enough to pay for the consequences of eating it). There are milk products in ALOT of things, making them difficult to avoid. People might think you're nuts if you tell them you are avoiding dairy because of acne, so I've been telling people that it makes me stomach sick (which, isn't far from the truth) and that seems satisfactory for people who may not understand where we're coming from.

12 out of 17 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

By on

I've only tried this for about a week but I am seeing results. This could be, however, a result of me taking better care of my skin in general.

But I would say it has DEFINITELY helped. I feel it, ya know? I'd started really liking milk about two weeks ago and getting really,really bad break outs (few but huge, heavy pimples). Then I read on wikipedia that milk and acne are linked to one another ..and , after some research, I decided to cut dairy from my diet.

Boy, has it worked! : ) : )

Pros

• healthier
  • vegan!!!! (partly haha)
  • save money

Cons

• can be difficult to get used to at first
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

So my acne started becoming a 'critical situation' about 5 months ago. I always had a love hate relationship with dairy and always felt it aggravated my eczema but never did anything about it, So funnily enough, eczema is GONE, and acne is here in full force. I got an allergy test that said i am sensitive to lactose so i cut it all out and i feel better for it. Im did soya for a while which i'm no longer keen on so its almond milk all the way... bottom line is give it a try,

Pros

• Acne has calmed down
  • Previous stomach complaints have become MUCH better
  • I feel lighter

Cons

• Im currently doing a ton of things to get rid of my acne so the progress cannot be isolated to this one factor
  • severe
  • for about a month
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

For me, this is SUPER important in addition to not eating empty/refined carbs or sugar, taking probiotic and vitamin supplements, and keeping a good topical routine. Without a doubt dairy can cause acne, and everyone who struggles with it should consider eliminating it from their diet and seeing if it helps them.

Pros

• helps keep my skin clear

Cons

• ice cream tastes really good
  • moderate
  • for more than a year
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Theres a definite link to my acne outbreaks and diary. My acne is under contol at the moment!!.

Pros

• Acne breakouts have lessened.

Cons

• I miss Yogurt!! :(.
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.