No milk/No Dairy Dairy Free Diet reviews

4.2/5 - 64 reviews

Brand: No milk/No Dairy

No milk/No Dairy Dairy Free Diet

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

It rescued my skin!
Reviewed on October 16, 2016

I'm moderately lactose intolerant but I was eating the "healthy" dairy products: Greek yogurt, butter, cheeses, etc. I was also getting about 3 or 4 new cysts on my cheeks a day and my back and chest were a disaster. In January 2016 I cut out all dairy products. My back and chest acne cleared within *days* - like three days at the most - and I haven't had any cystic acne there since. My cheeks improved a TON but not to 100%. I avoid all "significant" forms of dairy. If I eat a dairy product, I get a new cyst within 12 hours within a very narrow zone of my cheeks, so I know they are related. Even my dermatologist tells men with stubborn acne to avoid dairy because of the hormones. Yes, it means cutting out pizza and ice cream but my clear skin is worth it! This got me started on the road toward solving the root cause of acne.

Helped but not too much
Reviewed on October 2, 2016

I started drinking a lot of milk when I tried to gain muscle. It worsened my acne by a lot so cutting dairy is a way to go. But recently I have found out that I am gluten intolerant and when you eat gluten but your body fights it your ability to digest lactose decreases too. So if not eating dairy improves your acne I'd recommend avoiding gluten too as not eating it cleared my acne completely. It is said that once your gastrointestinal tract heals you can start eating dairy again but I don't think I am there yet.

noticable difference.
Reviewed on August 22, 2016

I started a new diet and workout routine a few months back. the popular 21 day fix. I never ate super bad before hand but wanted to see results (I'm thinking and lack muscle tone) and specifically needed to up my protein consumption. one of the easiest ways to do this was with dairy products...cheese, milk, yogurt. I was having multiple servings of these a day. after about a week, I felt sick to my stomach (thought I had the stomach flu, but no temperature), was breaking out in the middle of my forehead (with actual pimples, not the little annoying comedonal acne I am prone to), and felt very gassy and bloated. I cut back on my dairy consumption for the next week and the breakouts disappeared along with my uncomfortable stomach. another thing to keep in mind is protein shakes, lots of those are milk proteins. I also had started drinking these at the time. I don't care for milk or yogurt really and never consumed much of it to begin with but things got worse once I did. I would definitely recommend trying to eliminate dairy if you are acne prone, just to see what happens.

Shocked at how good the results are!
Reviewed on August 11, 2016

I am 30 years old and had never suffered with bad skin, even in my teenage years I had great skin. However, I was on BC pill for approx. 8 years from age 19-27 but then at 27 decided I wanted to give myself a break. I quickly lost around 20lbs without changing my liefestyle / diet at all, BUT my skin started breaking out like crazy - I suffered with Perioral Dermatitis as well as acne all around my jaw / chin area. After over 2 years of trying all sorts of topical things I decided I'd had enough and read into it a little bit more. It screamed hormonal issues to me, seeing as though the problems arose when I stopped BC pill and the acne was centred around my jaw / chin, so no amount of topical treatments will really help the issue. I came across lots of people saying cutting dairy really helped... well, I am three weeks in to cutting dairy (changed to soya milk and olive oil spread (bertolli)) and my skin has never looked better, I have gone from having lots of deep cystic breakouts (where one would clear and another would pop up next to it on a daily basis) to having pretty much nothing and the clearest skin since I was a teenager! I have also read that it doesn't work for some people, but I would definitely say it is worth a shot! As I am getting married next year and was constantly fretting about the pictures etc. I can't express how happy I am!!! :)

Eliminating dairy cleared up my skin completely!
Reviewed on August 4, 2016

I've struggled with acne, especially cystic acne, since I was a freshman in high school. I spent years experimenting with dermatologist products, I tried every face wash, astringent, moisturizer, spot treatment and sunscreen on the market. Nothing really worked, and many products burned my skin chemically. One day I came across a blog about dairy being the culprit of acne, so I gave it a shot. I cut out all dairy for three weeks, and the results were incredible. My skin immediately stopped breaking out, and the acne that was there dried up completely. After experimenting, I now know which foods cause breakouts, and which I can get away with eating from time to time. There are SO many dairy free options; yogurt, milk, ice cream, cheese, cream eliminating the real thing wasn't impossible. However, I will cheat occasionally with real ice cream or cheese, but I know the consequences now. I encourage all of you to try it, even if its just for a week! It's so nice knowing the cause of my breakouts.

Giving up all dairy cleared my acne
Reviewed on July 27, 2016

For 8 years I suffered from acne during the time that I was pregnant and breastfeeding, so my acne could not be treated with medicines. I tried everything that I could until I finally gave up 100% of dairy products, and anything made or cooked with dairy and within a couple of weeks the cysts on my face flatted and the acne went away. I was acne-free for about two years. I recently went on and off the BC pill (due to excessive hair loss) and have suffered another bout with severe acne. I think that becoming vegan would help my skin even more, but on the dairy-free diet, I've become so thin (I'm over 5'5" and 100 pounds), that I think that I might wither away on the vegan diet.

No Effect
Reviewed on July 27, 2016

I eliminated dairy for 3 months and I still get acne breakouts, eliminating daiy from my diet didn't do jack sh*t

by Epie on 08/03/2016 17:17
Do you eat whey protein? I found out that whey protein can affect acne also. I am on topical medication and realized that diary was affecting my acne. I eliminated dairy, or so I thought. I was making protein shakes using water or almond milk, but acne persisted. Then I came across a video and found out that whey also affects acne.
Bacne Cleared
Reviewed on July 27, 2016

Had acne for a decade. Since i eliminated dairy from my diet it took just 2 weeks for my back acne to clear!!

Substitute your milk for almond milk and your whey protein for vegan blend, or high quality izolate since it has considerably less lactose than concetrate.

95% clear
Reviewed on July 14, 2016

Eliminating dairy completely from my diet has cleared my acne 95%. For a while I had eliminated all dairy except butter, which I liked to cook with. However, I found that even butter was behind my severe back acne. In my view, the key is to make sure that everything that you are ingesting is free of dairy and milk products.

When I go out to eat, I make sure that the dishes that I order do not have dairy, or I go to a vegan restaurant to be 100% sure. I've had moderate to severe acne since my teenage years (I'm now 28), so such an unpleasant dietary change I am willing to do for clear skin.

Reviewed on June 12, 2016

I stopped eating dairy 2 months ago and it has dramatically reduced my acne and now on the extremely rare occasion when I do eat something containing dairy I get huge & painful cysts. I've also reduced my oil and sugar intake and that alongside of being dairy free has made all the difference. I only have about 5 active breakouts the rest is just mild scaring that will go away on its own and with a lot of water intake.

Skin Type: Acne Prone / Combination Skin

Skin Routine:

This is my current skin routine that has been really working for me, eventually I'm going to transition into more natural products. Cleanser & Spot treatment

THAYERS alcohol- free Aloe Vera Toner

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture with SPF

For make up I use Cover Fx which is good for acne prone skin

Drink A LOT of water or tea (green tea and I've heard that Rooibos tea is also good for acne but Ive never tired that)

Substitute cows milk with almond milk or soy (I like almond milk)

If you really want to eat cheese you can buy Vegan cheese (I don't)

When eating outside ask if your meal contains dairy and try to eat fresh foods that don't require a lot (salad, sandwiches, beans etc) or eat at vegan / vegetarian spot.

by Whiteheads girl on 06/24/2016 06:12
How long did it take for you to see results? I am one week into it but I am still getting acne 😣
by LalaE on 07/31/2016 23:40
It took me about 4-5 months to get my skin to where it is now, pretty much clear. I have a few tiny bumps but nothing major. It depends on your skin type, find out what kind of things make you break out and reduce your intake or eliminate it. Things like sugar I wouldn't eliminate just reduce. Hope you're seeing better results now!
by essiemarie on 08/29/2016 00:25
When you first eliminated dairy did you see worse results before you saw better? I just within the last few days have become dairy & gluten free! I am breaking out like crazy & places on my face I never use to!? Should I be worried ?
by LalaE on 09/11/2016 19:28
@essiemarie Your skin is prob purging and will hopefully get clearer soon. That didn't happen to me but we have different bodies/skin, I also didn't give up gluten so I'm not sure. When I first eliminated dairy my skin become super sensitive to it, I cant have dairy AT ALL or I'll break out. Don't be worried girl, drink A LOT of water, listen to your body and you'll be fine!