No milk/No Dairy Dairy Free Diet reviews

4.1/5 - 29 reviews

Brand: No milk/No Dairy

No milk/No Dairy Dairy Free Diet

Dairy free and drinking lots of tea = clearer skin
Reviewed on August 30, 2015

So i'm 22, not the type to write reviews but I said to myself, if i ever find something that works for my acne then im going to write about it because i know how sh*tty acne makes you feel and so if i can help even a single person then thats good!

So i have been using acne.org for just under a year to try to get rid of my acne! I used to get big sore spots on my chin and cheeks and some little ones all over my forehead.

I have really tried everything - lymecycline for 8 months - worked really well i had clear skin but then went off it and straight away my skin was worse than before and also reading all the bad things about antibiotics online how they affect your gut etc I didn't want to be on them anymore. I tried being on the pill (dianette) and again my skin was perfect but it was making me have mood swings often where i'd just feel sad and I thought that it wasn't worth it! I also tried benzoyl peroxide for a bit and although it did work a bit (it got rid of bumps on my forehead but didnt do much to chin spots) - it made my skin so dry and horrible that it actually almost looked worse - it made my makeup sit horribly on my face and i felt like it made me face look wrinkly! not good!

So I started thinking I wanted to take a more natural approach to my acne.

Firstly I gave up dairy (still have the odd bit now and then - cant completely give up chocolate haha!) but dramatically cut down.

Next I went on acne.org in the natural/holistic section to see what was recommended. I wanted to go in this section because although some other treatments may work, i started not trusting any of the reviews because I started thinking that a lot of them sounded fake as though maybe the company had written them - i figured that in the natural section who would write a fake review?

So anyway, i started with ACV - i think this worked quite well, at least for my chin and cheek spots (this is where i used to get a lot of big sore ones), however i started getting loooads of bumps all over my nose and forehead and so had to stop that.

Next i tried potato - i think this worked quite well for acne scars but because it was so messy i stopped doing that so much in the end and now will only do it every now and then when i feel like it haha

Next i tried epsom salt - i put it in a bath every night and also used the salt to wash my face along with a face wash - i really do think this worked for the big spots but it irritated my skin unfortunately and i got little bumps on my arms and forehead so gave it up!

Next i tried green tea and rooibos tea (redbush) - amazing! So i now drink about 4-5 cups of green tea or red bush tea a day, and also wipe the tea bag on my face if i am not wearing makeup when i drink the tea (usually morning and night). I have a chemistry background and have read a lot of scientific papers about green tea and acne and have found that there is a lot of science behind why it works - basically the antioxidant reduces the inflammation and therefore because green tea and red bush tea have such high antioxidants, this means that your acne becomes less inflamed! Also there have been studies that prove that green tea makes your skin less oily - definitely a plus!

I also bought an antioxidant face moisturiser, i just typed antioxidant cream into amazon and looked at the first one that came up and it looked good so i got it and it really is good! my face is always hydrated and lovely! so nice to finally not have dry or oily skin! its kinda expensive the one i got but im sure there are others that would work just as well that are cheaper!

So yeah thats all i do now - gave up dairy and drink a lotttt of tea! My skin is not flawless i still have some acne scars and i get little spots every now and then but i have not got a big spot in like 3 months so it is definitely working and i'd recommend anyone to try it!

Oh and by the way i wash my face with Dr. Bronners tea tree soap stuff - i dont really know if this is any good but it hasn't seemed to make my skin worse, takes makeup off well and makes me feel clean afterwards haha

Another thing i'll say is that I don't really know which helped my skin more: no dairy or green/red bush tea - but my skin is so much clearer and i don't want to give either up and get bad skin again haha.

Ask me any questions you have and i'll try to help! As i said before I know how horrible having bad skin is, it used to make me feel so sh*tty when i woke up in the morning, but honestly i think little changes make a big difference!

by carter28 on 08/30/2015 20:54
What brand of tea do you drink? Also how long after cutting dairy did you notice a difference? I just started cutting dairy out!
Nothing
Reviewed on August 9, 2015

After ridding of milk (I drink organic milk) and dairy, it did nothing. As this site states under diet, there's a slim chance that dairy has a link to acne. Slim being the keyword. Some people here say it has helped them, but I gave it 2 stars since it did nothing for me. I'm trying the natural way of ridding acne, but this wasn't it. I think people may have had fantastic results with cutting dairy from their diet since most of the foods that involve dairy were highly processed, which MAY cause acne, as that is hard to prove scientifically since so many variable are to be looked at.

Awesome !!!!
Reviewed on August 8, 2015

Going online and discovering new face masks things to eat and not to eat I came across a article that talked about dairy. Milk contains hormones those hormones creates excess sebum production thus creating hormones. That article changed my life well not really but you know what I mean. When I stopped drinking dairy products soy milk/almond milk/coconut milk took awhile to get used to because it tasted nothing like cows milk and I eventually got used to it. And with a no dairy diet I saw a huge difference in my acne my face cleared up not completely just a few stubborn pimples around my mouth but it really helped. Milk and acne are not friends and if you have acne I would recommend a no dairy diet.

Reducing my dairy intake changed my skin
Reviewed on July 26, 2015

I used to drink a LOT of chai lattes, cappuccinos, etc. I also used to get a huge, cystic pimple on my chin about once every month. They were so severe and inflamed that they left red indent marks on my skin. It was very frustrating because once one cleared up, another appeared. Even though I typically only had one cystic pimple at a time, they made me very self conscious as they were so huge. It was especially difficult at work where I had to interact face to face with coworkers and clients everyday.

At the time I thought my birth control pill was causing acne, but then I read about the milk free diet. I didn't eliminate dairy from my diet (I don't eat much dairy to begin with), but rather I significantly cut down on my milky drinks. Low and behold, I didn't get acne anymore. Now I also use an oil free moisturizer, and I slather an acne gel all over my chin at night. I miss my drinks, but I much prefer having clear skin. Before resorting to medication to clear acne, I highly suggest reducing your dairy intake or eliminating dairy first.

Dairy free is the miracle cure
Reviewed on July 25, 2015

i have struggled with adult acne since I was 18. For seven years I tried high end acne products and topical and oral prescription acne medication. While some products cleared up my cystic acne some what I continued to consistently break out especially around my mouth, chin, and jawline. Finally I discovered that dairy may be causing the issue. By cutting it out entirely my skin has completely cleared. Not only is my face now radiant but my skin on my whole body is softer and my kp has disappeared.

YES YES YES
Reviewed on June 4, 2015

For about three long years I had suffered acne. We're talking seven or eight on the chin - if you're lucky, five would be cystic - and about six or seven buggers on the forehead. Every. Single. Day. It crushed my confidence and I'm going to be honest, ruined my social life. I'd even avoid talking with my boyfriend and refused to kiss him because I was so uncomfortable with myself! Let me also point out that for these three years I was consuming a fairly large amount of dairy each day. I would have a latte each day, about a cup of yoghurt with my muesli each morning and stacks of cheese with my biscuits for 'happy hour'.

Over the three years I have tried so many products - from the products on the supermarket shelves like Clearasil and Neutrogena, to Proactiv and the ever expensive Arbonne range. None of the above reduced my problem at all!

Then I set off to University, and by accident, cut out milk and opted to Soy purely because I thought milk made me bloat. I also cut out yoghurt purely because, well, Uni budget! And mum wasn't around for the cheese influence. Then, almost immediately, my acne had disappeared! Not joking, no new pimples would greet me in the morning! All I was left with (and still am) are the awful scars, but I think they stand as a reminder of how far I've come! I'm so, so happy with my discovery, it's really helped my confidence rebuild and now I don't feel like such a terrible girlfriend!

Obviously this won't work for everyone, as there are so many different reasons people develop acne. But I assure you, there is no harm in giving it a try. I certainly think it's the best thing that has happened to me so far in my life, because it's honestly improved it that much. Xx

Miracle.
Reviewed on May 28, 2015

I have suffered from awful cystic normal acne across my chin, jaw and neck for a couple of years; and I have tried everything. My next step was the dreaded accutane. I saw a few articles about how people had saw miraculous results from cutting out dairy in their diet; no milk, no cheese no sour cream :( I tried this as I had run out of options, and cut out everything with dairy in it. Within two days my skin was clear; and is still clear a week later, which for me, is a miracle as I am so used to waking up with new cysts.

If you suffer from hormonal acne, give this a go.

A change in diet could save your skin!
Reviewed on March 17, 2015

I'm 16 years old and have suffered from acne for about 3 years. Everyday I would have a new cystic pimple, maybe even two a day. My acne was so inflamed and sore and I just put it down to hormones and being a teen. I went on the mini and the full pill, both with no effect on my skin whatsoever. I then saw a Chinese face mapping chart. I discovered that the regions where I was constantly getting acne linked to intestines and food allergies. So I googled this- dairy and gluten seemingly the main culprits. I then avoided milk, drinking almond milk instead. This alone led to a huge improvement after a few weeks. I noticed I wasn't waking up with painful acne everyday, only getting them occasionally. I then cut down on other types of dairy- yoghurt, choc, cheese(which is hard to avoid!). The reason so many people get acne from dairy is because if you are lactose intolerant, your body can't process it. This leads to a toxin build up from your intestines, showing as acne (and other symptoms such as gassiness, sore stomach etc.) I would say definitely try to cut out certain food groups, a food diary is helpful for this. After a few months of no dairy, have dairy again and see if you get a pimple. That was my way I seeing that it was really dairy after all. Although it sucks because I love dairy so much, less pain and insecurity everyday is worth it! :)

A dairy free lifestyle works great for my acne
Reviewed on March 9, 2015

I realized about 2 1/2 years ago that dairy was the culprit of my skin problems. Before I realized this and before I stopped dairy, I had an array of acne on my face, along my jaw line and neck. This was the worse of all kinds of acne, it was the huge, boil like, cyst like acne. I tried everything under the sun. I used prescription grade creams and antibiotics, nothing worked. To make a long story shorter, when I realized it was acne, I got clear, healthy looking skin. It's one of the hardest things i've had to do in my entire life, including give child birth 2ce with no drugs. I do cheat once in a while, and trust me, i notice and so does my fiance. Literally in a matter of hours, and for the next 3 days, my skin becomes inflamed, and i get a few cyct like pimples. They are not the gynormous size that i used to get when i regularly consumed dairy, but still, they are enough to know that I can not eat dairy, not a little, not a smidge, unless i'm ready to battle some acne for the next 2 weeks to a month. Because once my acne flares up, it takes that long to go away. Now i have tried to eat almond milk, in place of cows milk, but nothing is the same, i'm not going to lie to you. you'll never find cheese that will replace real cow's milk cheese. It's so cruel that i can't have cheese. No pizza, no parmasian cheese on my pasta, no chicken broccolli alfredo, no home made mac and cheese, not even kraft boxed mac and cheese, no cream in my coffee. Trust me its awful, and I wouldn't wish this on anyone, Ice cream, my favorite all time food, is banned. It's the worst, but you know what, at least my skin is clear, and I have the choice to eat dairy if i'm ready to be in pain for a while. If you want clear skin, and you've tried everything under the sun and nothing has worked, then try going dairy free, yes it's going to be horrible, but it will be worth it, and even after 2 1/2 years of cutting it out of my life, it is still missed each and every day of my life, so be prepared, it will never go away. Sorry. lol, don't mean to get you're hopes down, i'm just preparing you for what is for real.

Good luck you guys.

Dairy and hormones
Reviewed on January 24, 2015

One of the main factors in dairy when it comes to acne is the hormones. You've got artificial hormones that are pumped into the cow as well as the cow's natural pregnancy hormones. This plays havoc on our own hormone levels and this is what - I believe - can cause or worsen acne.

There is also pus and mucus and horrible stuff in the dairy too - it's kind of gross when you think about it!

I've only been dairy free for 5 days so it's too early to tell for sure but what i can say is that in 5 days I've not had one new spot! My existing acne is still there but I'm hoping that they'll heal in time (it takes AGES!) and I'll continue not to develop anything new!

I've also been eliminating gluten from my diet (not as easy). I plan to eat no dairy and no gluten for 2 months at least. Then I'll reintroduce one of them to test my skins reaction.

So far so good, I'm really hopeful cause I've tried everything else and spent a small fortune on finding a cure for my acne. Not to mention all the stress and tears!

Go onto acnemilk[dot]com - it explains the connection to milk and acne!