No milk/No Dairy Dairy Free Diet reviews

4.2/5 - 76 reviews

Brand: No milk/No Dairy

Depending.
Reviewed on June 26, 2017

It definitely makes your acne a bit better. Diary contains many hormones and we humans are not meant to consume diary in any way. Our bodies are just not made for it. Cutting it out completely though, broke me out even more, I like to enjoy cheese from time to time and nice food. Lots of food contains diary (powder form). The stress it gives to keep leaving it broke me out more than something eat a bit of cheese.

The single best thing we've tried.
Reviewed on June 20, 2017

Giving up milk is the single best thing we've tried for acne, and that includes oral and topical antibiotics, BP, teatree oil etc. The former meat lovers pizza forehead is now a few tiny whiteheads, barely visible. It's now about week 8 and the improvement has been gradual, but obvious from the start, so if you're going to try dairy free, give it at least 8 weeks. We are very strict. No milk chocolate, for instance. No cake, no butter or yoghurt and definitely no milk or cheese. We drink soy milk. and instead of cream on our dessert, I make fat bombs from coconut oil, cocoa butter and ground hazelnuts. For cheese sauce, say for mac and cheese, I make a vegan mac and cheese sauce, but I add lard and coconut oil. And where I used to use butter for frying, I now use 50:50 lard and olive oil. And for cakes I make almond based cakes which are also gluten free.

This has truly changed my life
Reviewed on June 13, 2017

I promised myself that if this worked, I would write a review for others who have struggled with acne because these acne blogs have always provided me with a significant source of comfort during the my many years of breakouts and suffering. I've had moderate/severe acne for years- started developing it when I was around 12 (I'm now 28), and it just never seemed to stop. I've also been going to dermatologists since I was 12, because my parents were always really supportive of helping me try to find a cure for the acne. I have tried pretty much everything out there - various antibiotics, salicylic acid (never seemed to do anything for my skin), BP (bleached the sh*t out of everything and made my face feel like a brillo pad), retin-A micro, proactiv, murad, supplements, laser treatments etc. The list just goes on and on.

Finally when I was 23 I finally decided to go on accutane and something finally worked! However, it came back. Went on it for another 6 months, and yet the acne came back again after about ten months of no breakouts. Eventually, after switching dermatologists, I was put on spironolactone which finally kept my deep cystic acne at bay, however I would still get regular whiteheads and pustules every few days or so. I've been on spironolactone now for almost two years and a couple months ago my skin took a turn for the worst and the cystic acne would not stop coming. I was breaking out bad, with the type of cysts that will leave scars no matter what you do to help flatten the damn things down. It seems that the spironolactone had finally stopped working, even though I've been on 150mg, which is a pretty high dosage all things considered.

All of that being said, there was one thing I hadn't tried, going dairy free. For some reason, I think a part of me has been believing that my acne can't be the result of something diet related because why in the hell does everybody else I know have no acne, but can eat cheese all the live long day!? The truth is we are all different, but some of us are just more greatly affected by the HORMONES in DAIRY. I stopped eating all dairy, and poof, NO ACNE, and I mean NONE. It literally happened over night. and no, I am not exaggerating. I have not had so much as a single pimple,like not even a tiny, little, surface-level, zit since cutting the dairy out. I could actually cry from relief- and also because I'm so mad at myself for not trying this sooner; If i had, then perhaps I wouldn't have the hundreds of acne scars on my face that I do now. However, all that matters to me now is learning how to live a dairy free life and regain my confidence back!

I know this post is long, but I felt the need to give you some of my back story because I know how others might be reading this and thinking that I only had surface-level acne, but that is not the case. If you have deep cystic acne, please try this. You owe it to yourself. I know cheese is amazing, but at least try to see if dairy is what is affecting your skin so that you can regain control over your body and health. The most frustrating thing about acne for me has been the fact that I've felt so helpless- but not anymore!!

by Amy43 on 06/18/2017 00:32
Did you also stop eating fast foods like burgers without cheese and etc ?
This cleared my acne
Reviewed on May 15, 2017

I had moderate acne for the past year. Was put on Differin about 9 months ago and used/continue to use it every night as directed. While it helped clear up the bigger, deeper pimples, I was still breaking out with small whiteheads and small pimples all over. I heard that cutting out dairy helped some people, so I decided to just try going completely vegan. It's been almost 2 months now and my skin is nearly perfect, with only 2 healing spots leftover from old pimples. I noticed results within 2 weeks of cutting out dairy and meat. I can't guarantee that this is what helped me and not the Differin, so I do continue to use that as well and keep up with my face routine as normal. I definitely recommend giving up dairy for 2 months just to see if it would work for you. It was so worth it to me.

by Shifa shams on 06/11/2017 21:30
So you're still you're on diet?
How long
Reviewed on May 13, 2017

Hi guys! I have now been on the dairy diet for 3 days now... and I just wanted to ask how long do you think it actually takes to see the differene? I know it's only been a few days but I'm getting impatient, because at the moment I'm not seeing much of a difference right now, or maybe only a little bit.

I know I'm being a little bit stupid, but just let me know guys what you think!

by startofsummer on 05/18/2017 22:55
it took about 10 days for me to see the start of a change, and from then on it got better.
Working well! ( I think..)
Reviewed on May 8, 2017

So I'm 18 and after a couple of years of on-off bad acne I finally gave in and decided to cut dairy out of my diet. I decided to do it at a particular flare up in my skin at the beginning of 2017 when i was just feeling awful and felt like I had tried everything else.

It took a week of dairy free for me to really see a difference... and there was a good difference! For the first week i saw no change though and was close to giving it up but decided to stick it out for 2 weeks because it would make sense to take time to see effects. After 1 week exactly my skin drastically changed.

Its difficult to explain but it generally took away the oily greasiness of my skin, and when i looked in the mirror it didnt look as angry, red and inflamed and wet with grease. But the main thing is that I wasnt getting my usual new 3-4 spots a day!!! my skin was calm, no longer angrily, producing spot after spot.

HOWEVER and this is a big however, I'm not entirely sure of the effect of dairy free alone. One week after going dairy free was when I started taking saw palmetto supplement, probiotics and evening primrose oil.... and it was around that time that i saw the difference. So its difficult for me to isolate the effect of dairy free alone.

About 1 month later, I stopped taking those supplements temporarily for 1 week (because i ran out) but did continue dairy free. I had been dairy free for about 1 month at this point and i thought i had it all sorted. HOWEVER my skin went back to its normal self, oily red inflamed.. 3 spots a day etc... I was confused and it shows that it wasnt the dairy free which was having an effect it was the supplments!!! Dairy free didnt work alone.....

But then last week i accidentally ate some toffee popcorn compleltey forgetting that it had milk in the ingredients. i was taking supplements at this point, but because i had broken my dairy free, i did have 4 more spots on my face over two days and the oilyness retuned for 1 day. SO this shows that dairy free does work and have a difference...

i think the moral of this tale is that, for me anyway, i need to combine dairy free diet with other supplements for the desired effect.

In terms of the pain of not having dairy in the UK there are plenty of substitutes... you can get dairy free butter (its not actually butter though obvs) spread, chocolate, biscuits, chocolate puddings, milk obviously, cheese, pizza and theres plenty of nice food which is not dairy; namely crisps, some popcorn, sweets.....

*note that i have PCOS hormone imbalance related acne and that dairy free might work differently for that

Magic of diary free meal
Reviewed on April 20, 2017

I'm 44. I have had acnes and cysts since 11. I read about diary causing acne online. I stopped taking in any diary products for 5 weeks. My skin now is so clear. I had my facial treatment last week, my beautician was so surprised how clear my skin is. I had had my facial treatment in February. My face was full of white spots and several cysts.

I wish I had known the magic of diary free diet, I didn't have to suffer from acnes for 33 years.

by LimberTrout on 04/20/2017 00:55
Sorry for the typo. It should be dairy free.
Nearly acne free, better than prescribed medication
Reviewed on April 10, 2017

I came online to share my experience with pimples and a dairy free diet. I started getting pimples in 7th grade because I guess that's what happens when you first hit puberty. My forehead and nose were always covered in whiteheads, blood, and scars up until the start of 8th grade. My hair which covered my forehead at the time contributed to the amount of pimples I had. So that was puberty, when my hormones were going crazy. During my years in high school I would get pimples here and there. Sometimes it got pretty bad, sometimes I got lucky and no pimples appeared on my face. My parents brought me to a dermatologist and he prescribed me a cream, forgot the name. I used the cream for about a month, but the only difference was my face would become super dry and I would still get pimples. Sure, the cream does dry out the pimples and it would go away, but it's very uncomfortable, hurts when making certain facial expressions, etc. I stopped using it since then. Once I started college, I was subjected to "college food". There is a A LOT of cheese, A LOT of cheese. Now I love cheese and other dairy products, which is why I ate so much of it. I started breaking out on my nose, chin, and around my jawline, and I had no freaking idea why. I washed my face twice a day using Cerave, a facial cleanser that moisturizes your face, and I tried my best not to touch my face. Despite my efforts, I still kept getting pimples. At this point I'm pretty annoyed, so I look up possible causes of my pimples and I came across the dairy free diet. Apparently dairy products contain growth hormones that cause pimples. During winter break of 2016-2017 I went back home from college and I strictly avoided dairy products. Guess what happened? NO MORE PIMPLES, except for one or two every week. I kept track of this and I wish I had pictures to prove it. In January I returned to college, still strictly avoiding dairy. I go to the gym regularly during the semester, but when I am home for the breaks I don't go to the gym, which means I do not take whey protein either. Once I was taking whey protein again since I'm back at college, I started breaking out along my chin, nose and jawline about the same way I did before I stopped eating dairy. Whey protein is derived from milk and contains growth hormones too, based on the research I did. I cut out whey protein and ever since then I have been nearly acne free with the exception of 1-2 small pimples a week. It's been about 3 months since I went dairy free and cut out whey protein from my diet. My friends, girlfriend and family, even those who have not seen me in a long time, have told me that my skin looks a lot clearer. I am also much more confident about how I look. My acne scars are slowly going away so I just have to wait a couple more months for them to go away. It's easy to go dairy free because we don't really need dairy in our diets. We can get more nutritional value from other sources, such as soymilk.

Hope this review helps people. I was excited to share my experience because I am going through the dairy free diet right now. It's probably the best decision I've made so far and easy to incorporate into my lifestyle. Because of my findings I am more skeptical of people who prescribe medications. I'm pretty sure they keep things from their patients/clients for more money. Anyway, good luck!

by Shifa shams on 06/11/2017 21:35
Are you consuming meat and chicken?
Still Unsure
Reviewed on March 10, 2017

35 year old female. Started suffering with acne at 15 years old. "Cured" by the pill from age 17 to 29. Been suffering to varying degrees since coming off the pill 7 years ago. I cut dairy completely out of my diet a month ago; milk, cheese, butter and all milk by products. At the same time I stopped using the topical treatment Clearogen that I had been using once a day, and use a natural wash & moisturiser instead. I also started taking a probiotic, Omega 3 fish oils and zinc. I added Agnus Castus too, but I admit I haven't been taking it everyday as I don't like the taste. I started drinking at least 1 cup of green tea per day. I have mild to moderate acne. I usually have about 2-3 active spots at any time. Up until day 10 my skin got a lot worse, with approximately 9 active spots. This then started to taper off. By day 21, I had no active spots. But at day 30, I'm now back to having 2-3 active spots, which is pretty much where I started. It is my time of month though, so maybe this is why, but I can't say for sure. I also have a lot of new red marks on my face from when my skin purged up until day 10. These will take a long time to fade. I am unsure or not whether to continue. I told myself I'd give it a month and see if it improved. I put a lot of effort in and I feel very disappointed that I don't have the results I was hoping for. Do I need to try it for longer? Are there any other vitamin supplements I should add? I just don't know whether to continue or not.

by lanny2lanny on 04/05/2017 19:42
Follow-up review - 8 weeks in - there's a definite improvement. Haven't been doing too much differently than the first 4 weeks, I think it just needed more time to work. I've stuck with my vitamins, and added D3 also. I haven't been as strict with the green tea intake but I need to improve on that. I plan on lowering my gluten intake by cutting out the big offenders. I also need to lower my sugar intake. I will not be cutting them out altogether, just the dairy. I plan to continue dairy free as i do feel now it has been effective. I have been keeping a photo diary of my face the past 8 weeks and the difference is amazing :)
Almost acne free on milk free diet
Reviewed on February 20, 2017

I had terrible nodular and pustular acne all through my late teens and twenties and my dermatologist prescribed everything from antibiotics to creams to lotions. I eventually went on Accutane and it went away only to come back 6 months later. My doc put me on another course. Same result. The Accutane cleared the acne up but after it was discontinued the acne came back. I went on Accutane several more times. This is extremely rare as I have come to find out. My derms at the time said that diet was not the cause of my acne and that studies showed no link. The one diet factor that was consistent through all this was high consumption of milk. I was consuming up to 1/2 gallon on an almost daily basis unknowingly driving the acne problem. In my late thirties I was reading online some people cutting out milk to help their acne. At the time I was getting by on antibiotics to keep the acne under control and drinking less milk because I was drinking other things like Gatorade and orange juice.

I decided to experiment and cut out milk from my diet and anything containing it. Against doctor's orders, I stopped the antibiotics. Low and behold, the acne became almost non existent except for some stray whiteheads every now and again. I kept this milk free diet for several months with great results. Over the years, I have consumed milk to see what happens and within 48 hours I am breaking out in pimples only to be cleared again by stopping the milk. I have no doubt now that in certain people milk can really aggravate and drive acne. I have a huge regret though in knowing how many dollars I could have saved in doc visits and medications not to mention the months of chapped lips and side effects on Accutane if my derm had suggested a diet connection. I despise derms now who swear up and down that diet never plays a role in anybody's acne.