No milk/No Dairy Dairy Free Diet reviews

3.7/5 - 17 reviews

Brand: No milk/No Dairy

it helps but with a lot of patience
Reviewed on September 4, 2014

I do notice when ever I eat cheese I always get pimples the next day, so I gave this diet a try. With a lot of patience, I saw the result after 4 months. At the same time I also avoid, red meat, tropical fruits (water melon, mangos, pineapple, papaya, durian..etc). It's not a miracle or overnight cure. I had to be very careful about what I eat. But it's worth it.

no milk helps acne but doesn't clear all the way
Reviewed on August 8, 2014

Reducing dairy and milk helped reduce my acne a lot as well as eating a sensible diet with eliminating soda and kool aid while throwing in a some fruits and salads throughout your diet will greatly reduce acne . at least limit intake of dairy products... DRINK LOTS OF WATER

Dairy free diet miracle
Reviewed on May 1, 2014

I had some serious breakouts since I was age 13. I'm 23 now, and just a year ago I was still struggling with my skin a lot,had painful cystic acne, that was covering my face and back.I tried different treatments and medication, but nothing ever worked. I looked quite sceptical in the connection between the diet and acne, cos always tried to eat healthy. My diet always consisted of the majority of diary products, yoghurt or milk and cereal for breakfast, cheese you name it. Less than a year ago I decided to give it a try and cut off diary off my diet completely. Within a month my skin condition improved, my jaw line cleared up completely, wheres i used to have painful cystic acne, also my cheeks were clearing up within the weeks go by. It was hard at the beginning, trying to adjust your diet, and get the replacements for diary products, which i absolutely love. Also I cut off some nuts like peanuts, cashew nuts as I noticed they were giving me some new pimples.

I don't remember the time since i was so happy with my skin as i am now, I wish I could of tried it earlier so I wouldn't have the scars, but hey, the problem is gone now, so it's easier to treat result. I wish everyone having problems with their skin, try adjusting your diet, before spending big money for all the treatments, cos maby that's all it takes, good luck everybody!!

Dairy free diet
Reviewed on December 25, 2013

I tried to stay away from dairy as much as possible for about two-three months. It was very hard, we eat a lot of dairy-based food in my family, but we started using oat milk (I think that's what it's called) which worked fairly well. During this time I saw no improvement on my skin whatsoever. I occasionally put some butter on my sandwich every now and then but compared to the massive amount of dairy I used to consume, you'd think you'd still be able to see improvement even with a little cheating. I honestly can't see a connection between my dairy intake and acne, so I've given up om it and now I eat yoghurt everyday for breakfast and so far my skin has not been getting worse (I've been eating it for a few weeks). I guess like with everything it's individual. I'm not sure if milk/lactose intolerance is connected to acne, but I come from Sweden where lactose intolerance is one of the lowest in the world. Just a thought!

After 10yrs of acne I'm finally clear
Reviewed on December 23, 2013

I'm a 20yr old female and I have moderate but constant acne for 10yrs on my cheeks and jawline. Even on birth control and androgen blockers I still had a zit or two. Until I cut dairy completely from my diet 5 months ago and replaced it with soy did I have perfect skin with no break outs. I chose soy milk as a replacement because it's high in estrogen but have not tried other types of milk. I'm positive it's the dairy to because I'm writing this review with three inflamed pimples after drinking rum cream the other night for the first time in months.

Cutting diary completely can be hard. You must keep in mind what the ingredients of everything is you eat and how it is prepared. It took several mistakes like biscuits, mashed potatoes, anything with butter, and soup bases before I learned ingredients of what I was eating.

If you have hormonal acne please cut dairy from your diet.

Definitely give it a try
Reviewed on July 8, 2013

I strongly believe that acne is correlated with dairy consumption and hormonal acne in particular. I have PCOS so my acne is completely hormonal related. I've read that the hormones in dairy increase your testosterone production, which in turn increases your sebum production (oil production) and clogs your pores. Anyway, I went on birth control and it did nothing for my acne. I became a vegan four months ago and my acne got a lot better. I thought it was just because I was eating healthy. But, I soon realized that after EVERY time that I "cheated" and ate dairy, I would have a huge break out within 24 hours. Then I would continue my dairy-free diet and my skin would clear up. I really didn't believe it since this seemed absurd that eating dairy one time would cause me to break out. However, after this happening 5 times now, I KNOW that it is the dairy. One time I ate pizza and woke up with 8 new pimples!!! Honestly, I really miss dairy but it definitely isn't worth the embarrassment of a giant break out to the point where I hide in my apartment for 4 days until it gets better. Since my hormones are still a little out of whack, I still almost always have a couple pimples even when I don't eat dairy. But I can deal with that. I will definitely continue to avoid dairy.

It helps
Reviewed on June 14, 2013

This helped me a bit. It was nothing extremely significant but dairy really does provoke my acne. I think everyone should give it a try. I'm grateful for the improvement even though it is small.

Helped with Hormonal Breakouts
Reviewed on June 14, 2013

If you're like me then you have hormonal breakouts. I cut out MOST dairy such as soft cheeses, and drinking milk. I still eat hard cheeses and I drink almond milk now. It has absolutely helped in the severity of my acne. I still get pimples, but not the giant puss filled ones that last 3 weeks.

Reviewed on March 11, 2013

Didn't change state of my acne at all. Severe acne slightly improved after drinking again.

Reviewed on March 10, 2013

Didn't work. I ended up losing weight that I didn't need or want to. After one year without TOUCHING dairy or dairy products, no significant results in acne. This is overrated, and when started drinking milk again my acne cleared by 66% (2/3).