No milk/No Dairy Dairy Free Diet reviews

4.1/5 - 47 reviews

Brand: No milk/No Dairy

No milk/No Dairy Dairy Free Diet

Where to buy is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

No milk/No Dairy Dairy Free Diet

Changing my diet did WoNdErS!
Reviewed on November 12, 2015

I struggled with acne for a really long time.

Just as I hit puberty I went from having a few spots that just got worse. It was to the point where strangers would offer suggestions and point it out without my asking for their input. Just like the many others on this site, my confidence was shot. I learned not to look at myself in the mirror (glance at eyes only or hair basically), which I realized recently I still do! (Scars)

Dermatologists loaded me with creams and antibiotics, which looking back I realized how F*cked up it was to be on antibiotics for as long as I was. it wasn't curing anything it was masking whatever it was that was causing the inflammation. The more I started reading up on health and wellness the more I started getting into holistics and nutrition.

I used to AlWAYS refer to this website. I love that its still around because it was so helpful to read on a community dealing with the same shizznitt I was.

ANYWHO... Whenever I did a cleanse my friends and I would notice how clear my face would get... (Hormone check ups always came back normal.. it had to be food related) I simplified my diet.... did another fast/ cleanse... and tried a few foods...

MY goodness, as soon as my inside was "cleaned up" it was so much easier to see what triggered my acne.

I found out I have an intolerance toward: DAIRY, SOY, GLUTEN

I would break out and feel crummy so fast!

Now at 27 I have a very simple diet: primarily gluten free vegan/ no soy and my acne has not been an issue since having figure out what diet worked best for me.

People ask me if Im miserable and feel like Im missing out, I feel great and to be frank having a "cheat" with a trigger-food just isn't pleasant for me. Not only do I get nauseous but having do deal with a breakout for 2 weeks is even worse.

SO I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. i love the foods I can eat and feel great!

Even if I have a flare up(soy oil , for example, can be pretty sneaky when it comes to restaurant ingredients). ,But I'll take GAIA liver health caps (basically anti-inflammatory herbs, with multiple benefits) and it helps things calm down quickly.

My dad made fun of me wondering how a child of his could be so sensitive to food. but later we found out that the GI problems he was having was a similar intolerance's. I got him back saying I got it from HIM!

So yes I recommend cutting out dairy!

Looking into dietary changes takes time, but its worth it!

Threw off vitamins
Reviewed on October 30, 2015

Overrated. Didnt do anything. Tbh, i found introducing it back actually balanced my vitamins a bit more and made me break out less. Im happy for those that swear by this though.

Dairy free cleared my skin
Reviewed on September 23, 2015

Let me just start this review by saying that I have NEVER wrote a review for anything in my life. But I promised myself that if this worked I would tell people about it in hopes that it might help someone else.

So here it goes, my skin was really good until my last year of college. For whatever reason (most likely hormones) I began breaking out terribly, like 5-7 massive zits each day. I went on birth control, which actually just made things worse so I got off of it. I went on a ton of prescription meds that didn't work either. I even got a handful of strong chemical peels, which helped for a week and then everything came back. I did eventually go on the regimen, and this helped a lot. I went from 7 zits a day to 1 a day...but the thing is that I have olive skin and every time I have a pimple it leaves a mark that will last for a couple months. Needless to say that 1 zit a day adds up to a huge amount of ugly purple marks I had on my face. I just wasn't fully satisfied.

Fast forward to a year later, I'm engaged at this point and I was determined to have clear skin for my wedding day. My last resort was to get rid of dairy. Now for anyone who knows me, they would think this would be impossible because I love cheese and I love ice cream. But I pulled through. I didn't cheat, and you know what? A month later I was getting married and my face was the clearest it's ever been.

We've been married for 5 months now and I can honestly say the only times I ever get a pimple is when I'm on my period (I'll get one or two on my chin, not a big deal) or when I cheat and eat dairy. I've cheated three times and every single time my face broke out in 3-5 massive zits the very next day. Now I know for a fact that it is the dairy that I was sensitive to.

I'm a nurse and I can say that medically, this does make sense. Just like in the hospital when a patient has an allergic reaction to a medication, a completely different patient may have an allergic reaction to the same medication but have a different reaction, like one might break out in a rash, while the other has an irritated throat. So just because we don't have a typical lactose intolerant reaction, like stomach problems, doesn't mean our bodies aren't trying to tell us that dairy doesn't agree with us. It just comes out in different ways for different people.

Anyways, just wanted to put my story out there. going dairy free really did clear me up, I'm even planning on slowly getting off using BP this month. I just don't really need it anymore. I hope this helps someone. one piece of advice if you do decide to try this out is to do it the right way. No cheating, no butter or milk or anything. You can't tell if it will work unless you fully commit. And it's not as hard if you research the substitutes. Earth Balance makes an amazing dairy free butter and So Delicious brand makes incredible dairy free ice cream. If you do the research it is definitely feasible. Hope this helps!

Dairy free and drinking lots of tea = clearer skin
Reviewed on August 30, 2015

So i'm 22, not the type to write reviews but I said to myself, if i ever find something that works for my acne then im going to write about it because i know how sh*tty acne makes you feel and so if i can help even a single person then thats good!

So i have been using for just under a year to try to get rid of my acne! I used to get big sore spots on my chin and cheeks and some little ones all over my forehead.

I have really tried everything - lymecycline for 8 months - worked really well i had clear skin but then went off it and straight away my skin was worse than before and also reading all the bad things about antibiotics online how they affect your gut etc I didn't want to be on them anymore. I tried being on the pill (dianette) and again my skin was perfect but it was making me have mood swings often where i'd just feel sad and I thought that it wasn't worth it! I also tried benzoyl peroxide for a bit and although it did work a bit (it got rid of bumps on my forehead but didnt do much to chin spots) - it made my skin so dry and horrible that it actually almost looked worse - it made my makeup sit horribly on my face and i felt like it made me face look wrinkly! not good!

So I started thinking I wanted to take a more natural approach to my acne.

Firstly I gave up dairy (still have the odd bit now and then - cant completely give up chocolate haha!) but dramatically cut down.

Next I went on in the natural/holistic section to see what was recommended. I wanted to go in this section because although some other treatments may work, i started not trusting any of the reviews because I started thinking that a lot of them sounded fake as though maybe the company had written them - i figured that in the natural section who would write a fake review?

So anyway, i started with ACV - i think this worked quite well, at least for my chin and cheek spots (this is where i used to get a lot of big sore ones), however i started getting loooads of bumps all over my nose and forehead and so had to stop that.

Next i tried potato - i think this worked quite well for acne scars but because it was so messy i stopped doing that so much in the end and now will only do it every now and then when i feel like it haha

Next i tried epsom salt - i put it in a bath every night and also used the salt to wash my face along with a face wash - i really do think this worked for the big spots but it irritated my skin unfortunately and i got little bumps on my arms and forehead so gave it up!

Next i tried green tea and rooibos tea (redbush) - amazing! So i now drink about 4-5 cups of green tea or red bush tea a day, and also wipe the tea bag on my face if i am not wearing makeup when i drink the tea (usually morning and night). I have a chemistry background and have read a lot of scientific papers about green tea and acne and have found that there is a lot of science behind why it works - basically the antioxidant reduces the inflammation and therefore because green tea and red bush tea have such high antioxidants, this means that your acne becomes less inflamed! Also there have been studies that prove that green tea makes your skin less oily - definitely a plus!

I also bought an antioxidant face moisturiser, i just typed antioxidant cream into amazon and looked at the first one that came up and it looked good so i got it and it really is good! my face is always hydrated and lovely! so nice to finally not have dry or oily skin! its kinda expensive the one i got but im sure there are others that would work just as well that are cheaper!

So yeah thats all i do now - gave up dairy and drink a lotttt of tea! My skin is not flawless i still have some acne scars and i get little spots every now and then but i have not got a big spot in like 3 months so it is definitely working and i'd recommend anyone to try it!

Oh and by the way i wash my face with Dr. Bronners tea tree soap stuff - i dont really know if this is any good but it hasn't seemed to make my skin worse, takes makeup off well and makes me feel clean afterwards haha

Another thing i'll say is that I don't really know which helped my skin more: no dairy or green/red bush tea - but my skin is so much clearer and i don't want to give either up and get bad skin again haha.

Ask me any questions you have and i'll try to help! As i said before I know how horrible having bad skin is, it used to make me feel so sh*tty when i woke up in the morning, but honestly i think little changes make a big difference!

by carter28 on 08/30/2015 20:54
What brand of tea do you drink? Also how long after cutting dairy did you notice a difference? I just started cutting dairy out!
Reviewed on August 9, 2015

After ridding of milk (I drink organic milk) and dairy, it did nothing. As this site states under diet, there's a slim chance that dairy has a link to acne. Slim being the keyword. Some people here say it has helped them, but I gave it 2 stars since it did nothing for me. I'm trying the natural way of ridding acne, but this wasn't it. I think people may have had fantastic results with cutting dairy from their diet since most of the foods that involve dairy were highly processed, which MAY cause acne, as that is hard to prove scientifically since so many variable are to be looked at.

Awesome !!!!
Reviewed on August 8, 2015

Going online and discovering new face masks things to eat and not to eat I came across a article that talked about dairy. Milk contains hormones those hormones creates excess sebum production thus creating hormones. That article changed my life well not really but you know what I mean. When I stopped drinking dairy products soy milk/almond milk/coconut milk took awhile to get used to because it tasted nothing like cows milk and I eventually got used to it. And with a no dairy diet I saw a huge difference in my acne my face cleared up not completely just a few stubborn pimples around my mouth but it really helped. Milk and acne are not friends and if you have acne I would recommend a no dairy diet.

Reducing my dairy intake changed my skin
Reviewed on July 26, 2015

I used to drink a LOT of chai lattes, cappuccinos, etc. I also used to get a huge, cystic pimple on my chin about once every month. They were so severe and inflamed that they left red indent marks on my skin. It was very frustrating because once one cleared up, another appeared. Even though I typically only had one cystic pimple at a time, they made me very self conscious as they were so huge. It was especially difficult at work where I had to interact face to face with coworkers and clients everyday.

At the time I thought my birth control pill was causing acne, but then I read about the milk free diet. I didn't eliminate dairy from my diet (I don't eat much dairy to begin with), but rather I significantly cut down on my milky drinks. Low and behold, I didn't get acne anymore. Now I also use an oil free moisturizer, and I slather an acne gel all over my chin at night. I miss my drinks, but I much prefer having clear skin. Before resorting to medication to clear acne, I highly suggest reducing your dairy intake or eliminating dairy first.

Dairy free is the miracle cure
Reviewed on July 25, 2015

i have struggled with adult acne since I was 18. For seven years I tried high end acne products and topical and oral prescription acne medication. While some products cleared up my cystic acne some what I continued to consistently break out especially around my mouth, chin, and jawline. Finally I discovered that dairy may be causing the issue. By cutting it out entirely my skin has completely cleared. Not only is my face now radiant but my skin on my whole body is softer and my kp has disappeared.

Reviewed on June 4, 2015

For about three long years I had suffered acne. We're talking seven or eight on the chin - if you're lucky, five would be cystic - and about six or seven buggers on the forehead. Every. Single. Day. It crushed my confidence and I'm going to be honest, ruined my social life. I'd even avoid talking with my boyfriend and refused to kiss him because I was so uncomfortable with myself! Let me also point out that for these three years I was consuming a fairly large amount of dairy each day. I would have a latte each day, about a cup of yoghurt with my muesli each morning and stacks of cheese with my biscuits for 'happy hour'.

Over the three years I have tried so many products - from the products on the supermarket shelves like Clearasil and Neutrogena, to Proactiv and the ever expensive Arbonne range. None of the above reduced my problem at all!

Then I set off to University, and by accident, cut out milk and opted to Soy purely because I thought milk made me bloat. I also cut out yoghurt purely because, well, Uni budget! And mum wasn't around for the cheese influence. Then, almost immediately, my acne had disappeared! Not joking, no new pimples would greet me in the morning! All I was left with (and still am) are the awful scars, but I think they stand as a reminder of how far I've come! I'm so, so happy with my discovery, it's really helped my confidence rebuild and now I don't feel like such a terrible girlfriend!

Obviously this won't work for everyone, as there are so many different reasons people develop acne. But I assure you, there is no harm in giving it a try. I certainly think it's the best thing that has happened to me so far in my life, because it's honestly improved it that much. Xx

Reviewed on May 28, 2015

I have suffered from awful cystic normal acne across my chin, jaw and neck for a couple of years; and I have tried everything. My next step was the dreaded accutane. I saw a few articles about how people had saw miraculous results from cutting out dairy in their diet; no milk, no cheese no sour cream :( I tried this as I had run out of options, and cut out everything with dairy in it. Within two days my skin was clear; and is still clear a week later, which for me, is a miracle as I am so used to waking up with new cysts.

If you suffer from hormonal acne, give this a go.