Nivea Daily Essentials Oil Free Moisturising Day Cream reviews

Brand: Nivea

Nivea Daily Essentials Oil Free Moisturising Day Cream

Aqua, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Cyclomethicone, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Methylpropanediol, Octocrylene, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Glyceryl Glucoside, Fucus Vesiculosus Extract, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Cetearyl Alcohol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Carbomer, Sodium Polyacrylate, Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Phenoxyethanol, Trisodium EDTA, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Geraniol, Citronellol, Parfum.

Wow
Reviewed on December 9, 2016

I have extremely oily skin with acne and after spending a fortune on high end products for years, I actually can't believe how great the oil free moisturiser is! Great makeup base, skin feels soft and Matt! No powder effect! Smells fresh! Great for sensitive skin and I highly recommended trying it for such a small price!

cheap and cheerful
Reviewed on May 2, 2016

Have used this moisturizer for several months. That was before I started actually reading the ingredients of my skincare products and realized that this moisturizer could be contributing to my problematic skin. I used to just look at the front of the packaging and rely on words like "non-comedogenic", "oil-free" or "won't clog pores" so I thought I couldn't go wrong with this oil-free moisturizing day cream. However, if you look at the ingredients list there are 2 or 3 ingredients that could be comedogenic and/or irritating.

Fucus Vesiculosus Extract (aka bladderwrack) - a type of algae extract which if you read around the web, several websites claim to be potentially highly comedogenic

Cetearyl alcohol - highlighted as a 3 by this website (go to ingredients)

Then there's the alcohol content which some people could find irritating.

I always found this moisturizer to sting my eye area on application and sometimes my whole face if it was irritated. It did nothing to control my oily shine and it had a cloggy feel despite being oil free. If I hadn't quite spread it out properly on some areas of my face it would kind of clump up and often I would find it not hydrating enough. It would sit on top of my skin giving a shiny sort of moist finish to the top layer but deep down my skin looked dehydrated.

For the price I guess it's an ok moisturizer but if you have acne I think there's better out there.

Anonymous, Oxford, England U.K.
Reviewed on January 30, 2012

I love the non-greasy feel of this moisturiser, as well as the light, fresh scent. I have combination skin and find this perfect for my skin type - not greasy at all and just the right amount of moisturising power!