Overall rating: 3.5 / 5

Average price: $12.51

Brand: Neutrogena

Most helpful review

By Anonymous, OH on 12/28/2012

I got this before Christmas on sale at Target for only $10 including extra pads with it. I've only been using it for a couple days and I am very happy with it. I like the idea of not using your hands, with all the extra bacteria on them, like a normal face wash. It makes your face feel soft and very clean afterwards but may dry some parts of your skin. Once I'm done i just quickly put on moisturizer. Overall, it has helped with my acne even in only a couple of days..

Pros:
  • Makes skin soft
  • Exfoliates
  • Cleans pores
  • Cheap
Cons:
  • Drys skin a little bit
  • Might make skin red after use

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful

Wave Deep Clean Foaming Pads
Ingredients :
Glycerin, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG 8, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Decyl Glucoside, Lauryl Methyl Gluceth 10 Hydroxypropyl Dimonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Salicylic Acid, Menthol, Fragrance.

Member reviews

By on

as long as you try to skip days and find which type of pads work best for you, i think it's really good.

Pros

• makes my skin feel smoother and leaves a really fresh feeling, keeps it pretty clear, not time consuming.

Cons

• the regular pads dried my skin (exfoliating worked much better), pads can get pricey if you use it every day. (i try to skip days to lower price), i still get small pimples here and there and need to use a leave-in treatment a long with it
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 13
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

It does what it says, cleans and softens skin and does it well. Ive been suffering from acne since jr high and have seen my dermatologist a few times and my last option is accutane because topical treatments and antibiotics never seemed to work, so i thought. Most, if not all, topical treatments say right on the label: apply to clean skin. The wave cleans and gets rid of dead skin cells which is the perfect start to trating acne. Add a treatment like zapzit on top of it and your face will clear up very fast. Although drying may occur, you can also use a moisturiser to solve that, i use aloe for its skin healing capabilities. My personal routine starts with a deep cleaning astrogint to get surface dirt and oils off, then i deep clean with the wave, then i use acanya since im prescribed to it and i use aloe lotion if my face gets dry. This nearly cleared my face in roughly a week and for the first time in years my skin looks good. The wafe = great start to clean skin.

Pros

• Cheap
  • Better than washing with oily fingers
  • Easy
  • Cleans and makes skin soft
  • Clears oils

Cons

• Re-fills
  • Doesnt clear acne alone
  • dries out skin
  • moderately severe
  • for about a week
  • $ 10

By on

I bought this product the other week and so far it has worked fine for me and its a quick way for washing my face and its not too expensive to refill the pads.

Pros

• Makes Your Skin Really Clean
  • Smooth
  • Smells Good
  • Waterproof
  • Time Efficient

Cons

[not submitted]
  • light
  • for about a week
  • $ 15
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I really like this and my skin feels really smooth

Pros

• smells good
  • smoother skin
  • left my skin with a little glow
  • waterproof
  • pores look alot smaller

Cons

• made my skin feel really tight and dry for a little
  • pads are expensive
  • very light
  • for about a week
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

It doesn't hurt to give it a try!! This is the cheapest an electronic cleansing tool can get compared to its $150 clarisonic equivalent!

Pros

• WORKED!!! I used this in conjunction with Clean and Clear Continuous cleanser, used it for 30 seconds and only at night after removing my makeup with a oil-free makeup towelette. I also used alpha hydroxyl acid lotion afterwords.
  • NOTHING HAS EVER WORKED FOR ME BEFORE!! My face is CLEARING UP!! Even my white heads are leaving!! I'm not sure what part of my routine is working, whether its the lotion, or the cleanser, or everything, but I've finally did something right!!!

Cons

• Disposable pads are super expensive! CVS has non-soaped pads that allow you to use your own cleanser, and its 25% cheaper.
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 15
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Okay, so I bought this because I was breaking out because I was just too tired to manually wash my face at night, and I wear heavy duty makeup so I needed something stronger than just my hands to remove it and this did the trick, it left my skin clean and soft but after about a week of using I now have a horrible breakout, I believe it's the cleanser that comes with the pads, I really can't stand it which made me bummed because there is no other option and I love this machine itself, but my friend suggested a solution, instead of buying the pads, buy the round cotton pads that are like a dollar. Put those on instead, wet your face, and apply a cleanser of YOUR choice to your face, then use the Wave. It works perfect, my skin is definately clearing up. This machine works wonder, this cleanser pads are terrible and will most likely break you out.

Pros

• Cleans better
  • Leaves skin soft

Cons

• Breaks Skin Out
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 14
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

When I first used it I was like this really works. It made my skin really soft and smooth. But after a few days and uses I start to get bumps and now I have bumps on my neck and they itch! Not cool!

Pros

• Smoother Face.

Cons

• Broke my skin out
  • very light
  • for about a week
  • $ 7
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I love it. My acne is very light, so this is perfect for me because my skin doesn't require extreme cleaning. For people that have moderate or extreme acne, chances are this won't do a whole lot - you will need a whole lot more than just running the Wave over your face once or twice a day to clear up your acne. I think this is a product more for people who do not have very many problems with their skin or people that are looking for more of a touch up. If you use it, don't expect it to magically clear up all of your acne - this product does make skin extremely soft and healthy-looking however, so paying the low price for healthy-looking and feeling skin (although all of your zits may not be gone) is really a good trade-off in my opinion!

Pros

• cheap
  • waterproof (for use in the shower)
  • makes skin extremely soft
  • minimized and cleansed my pores
  • gave my skin a great, healthy glow

Cons

• none (:
  • very light
  • for about a week
  • $ 12
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I love it. My skin is very sensitive, so I can only ue it once a day. Though it burns, it is worth the look and feel of amazing skin. I would recommend the Neutrogena Wave to all of my friends.

Pros

• Makes my face feel soft.
  • Looks Cleaner, and less greasy.
  • Protable.
  • Easy to hold.
  • Not loud.
  • Vibrating feels good.

Cons

• Though the vibrating feels good, it feels like the pads drag across your skin.
  • It's a bit pricey.
  • Doesn't clean acne.
  • It felt amazing the first feel days, but right now my skin burns.
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 12.99

By on

i would recommend this to someone who doesnt have problems with acne and just needs something to clean their face with.

Pros

• smells great(:
  • my skin feels clean
  • portable

Cons

• re-fills
  • doesnt clear acne
  • price
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 10.99
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.