Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Daily Scrub reviews

2.5/5 - 8 reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Salicylic Acid (2%).

Water, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyethylene, Acrylates Copolymer, Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Disodium EDTA, Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Polyquaternium 7, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Polysorbate 20, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Agar, Alumina, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Red 30 Lake, Red 40, Violet 2, Fragrance.

Neutrogena Visibly Clear Pink Grapefruit Daily Scrub

Pretty in Pink this maybe, but my face was anything but after using it..............................................
Reviewed on April 3, 2017

Tried this just the once and did disliked it as much as my skin did. Applying just a pea sized amount to my damp face was enough to leave it extremely dry and irritated just a few minutes later. I am relieved that I did not use it more than once as I've had the same experience with other products and ignored the taut, dry feeling thinking the product must be working. For Neutrogena to state it this product is a daily addition to your skin routine is surprising. I have extremely oily skin yet it totally stripped my face of natural moisture using just a pea-sized amount and on one occasion. I would not recommend this product for any skin type.

Love it
Reviewed on August 9, 2016

Love this scrub this is the only wash I have found to clear my skin I have oily/dry skin and have huge breakouts mainly boils on my face due to medication and this combined with the grapefruit moisturiser works great

Gives me cysts
Reviewed on June 20, 2016

Any time I try to use this, it gives me awful cysts. It smells great and it definitely exfoliates, but it made my acne worse.

I used this before I knew how bad scrubs were for acne-prone skin
Reviewed on August 12, 2015

I found this scrub/cleanser to work exactly the same as any other salycilic acid product I ever tried. I didn't find the scrub too harsh, but it probably was making my acne worse. The smell was not really noticable. If your skin is acne-prone, it's probably sensitive and you probably shouldn't be using scrubs, because the irritation will make your acne worse.

If your skin is oily, but not acne prone or sensitive, this might be a good scrub for you, as the salicylic acid will dry you out, and the scrub won't irritate you. Follow up with a moisturizer!

Breakouts.
Reviewed on June 2, 2015

I adore Neutrogena but I feel this scrub sort of sucks you in with the kitschy packaging and delicious smell. It is far too harsh even for minimal use. I would not suggest this to friends with sensitive skin. It gave me cysts.

That being said, if you have normal or tougher skin I have had some friends who swear by it. Just not for me.

Giving 2 stars solely because It didn't permanently make my skin sucky.
Reviewed on April 19, 2015

Nope. Just no. This scrub is too harsh and caused my face to appear red, raw, and shiny after trying it. While these effects weren't too severe, it made my face look generally awful. Thank god for BB cream to cover it up before I went out in public. While I would love to say the cleansing part of it cleared up my acne, it didn't. If anything, the lack of good cleanser made my acne worse. Additionally, this made my skin feel tight. I don't have sensitive skin, allergic reactions/allergies of any kind, nor was I using the product incorrectly. I may use this product as hand/body scrub simply because I don't wanna waste that 9 bucks I paid for it. (I'm 13, 9 dollars is a lot of my income, lol!) I will, however, continue using the corresponding moisturizer but I won't buy replacements of either Neutrogena product. If you want a good cleanser, grab some Noxzema and if you want an exfoliant, St. Ives is your man.

effective but rough
Reviewed on October 8, 2014

I have purchased this scrub for years, it is very effective for clearing acne & deep cleansing the skin. The only downside is it can cause redness of the skin as it is a little rough.

One of the best Neutrogena products I've tried
Reviewed on August 12, 2014

I like it a lot for the price. If I'm clear, it keeps me clear. However- it smells strongly funky like cat urine which makes it unpleasant to wash with.