Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar, Acne-Prone Skin Formula Soap

Average price: $2.94

Brand: Neutrogena

Most helpful review

By monica, goose creek sc on 03/04/2012

this works. if you have oily skin and bad acne than it's the perfect product..

Pros:
  • clears my face and back of pimples, and oil
Cons:
  • smells weird

27 out of 45 people found this review helpful

TEA Stearate, Triethanolamine, Sodium Tallowate, Glycerin, Water (Purified), Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Ricinoleate, TEA Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Oleate, Cocamide DEA, Cetyl Acetate, Sodium Stearate, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Etidronate, BHT, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Fragrance.

Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar, Acne-Prone Skin Formula Soap, 3.5 oz
updated: 04/18/2014 07:26 UTC
Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bars, Acne-Prone Skin Formula, 3.5 Ounce (Pack of 8)
Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bars, Acne-Prone Skin Formula, 3.5 Ounc

Member reviews

“Would recommend, very good cleanser”
By on

I picked up this product when the lady at walgreens told me it was one of the best and that it would totally clear my acne. The product itself is quite nice, it ladders up and your skin feels very smooth afterwards but it just didnt do the job i wanted it to do, i thought it was going to help my acne but all it did was cleanse it, and when it looked like it was finally getting somewhere like after 2 weeks it didnt take it all away, the problem with this is, is takes too much time to get some progress done but overall good cleaner would recommend to people who just need a nice cleanser to prevent acne and treat but not very severe acne.

• I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Worked for my adult acne”
By on

I began breaking out for the first time as an adult, about 5 years ago. My acne is on my chin and jaw and I normally have dozen pimples with twice that many leaving marks as they heal. I stopped wearing make up and tried many expensive products. I use a gentle product and my face breaks out. I use a stronger product and my face breaks out and is itchy and red. I bought this with little hope of it working. began using this cleanser bar with the rapid clear face pads... Wash twice a day, use a face pad at night on trouble areas and non oily moisturizer in morning. It has been about a month and my acne is greatly reduced. I see no new blackheads only a few pimples and my old acne is healing. My skin hasn't been this clear for years!

Pros

• Reduce Acne
  • Not over drying
  • Inexpensive

Cons

• It melts away if wet
  • No option if you have acne and aging skin
  • for about a month
  • $ 2.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Love...hate.”
By on

I loved this the first time I used it. It felt like it was getting my skin clear. The smell is awful which is an instant downfall for me. The shape is...odd. It's very rectangular and weird. It can also be lumpy sometimes when you buy it. I would recommend this for people with oily skin. My dry skin however, couldn't take it anymore.

Pros

• Feels clean
  • Helped zits a little

Cons

• Drying
  • Smells like straight up medicine
  • for about a month
  • $ 3
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have only ever used the Cetaphil Anti-Bacterial Bar on my face, and still use it at night to remove my makeup. After using this a couple of days my family kept commenting on how soft and hydrated my skin was. I would very much recommend this.

Pros

• Left no residue.
  • Made my skin very soft.
  • Non-drying.
  • Glycerine is a humectant, so I found my skin feel hydrated.
  • Great for sensitive skin.
  • Wallet friendly.

Cons

• Doesn't lather up very much, so it's hard to tell how much product is on your hands (or whatever you use to wash with).
  • Doesn't remove makeup well.
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 1
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

recommended

• good

Cons

• nothing
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 2.5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

buy this product, even if you are only going to try it once it works.

Pros

• *cheap
  • *really soft and nice on the skin
  • *no yucky scent
  • *makes your face feel really clean, smooth and fresh

Cons

• makes face a tiny bit flakey
  • light
  • for about a week
  • $ 3
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

I've been using this for 3 weeks, and it's kept the pimps at 1 to none. :3

I try my best to wash my face in the morning and at night. That DEFINATELY helps. but sometimes I get lazy. ;)

Pros

• smoothes skin, makes my skin stay less oily throught the day, makes my skin feel super clean.

Cons

• the smell might not sit right for others, but I loveeee it.
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 2.5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

this works. if you have oily skin and bad acne than it's the perfect product.

Pros

• clears my face and back of pimples, and oil

Cons

• smells weird
  • moderately severe
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 1.75
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Many people claim it dries their skin out, personally; it doesn't dry mine. I do not require a moisturizer after I use this soap on my face, while I do require a moisturizer when I use soaps like Dove and Avon. I like the bar, its a part of my regimen. I think I will use this bar for the rest of my life!

Pros

• Reduces oil in my skin
  • Long lasting bar
  • Makes my skin feel fresh

Cons

• None I can think of
  • light
  • for about a week
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've been using this for several weeks now, and so far it's been the best product to keep my face clear. I only get pimples if I drink soda or energy drinks. Those always affect me for some reason.

For the price and effectiveness, this is highly worth it.

Pros

• Cleared up my face
  • Keeps my face mostly clear
  • Cheap
  • Lasts a long time

Cons

• Dries my skin out in the winter months
  • light
  • for about a month
  • $ 3
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.