Page 3 of Neutrogena SkiniD Anti Acne Treatment reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Active ingredient:
Benzoyl Peroxide 5%.

Inactive ingredients:
Water, Carbomer, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Hydroxide, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Laureth-4.

Reviewed on November 29, 2011

Over all, I like Skin Id very much. I think that because I'm still young and my hormones are up and about it (meaning it's a typical hormone mess up due to the changin of age, im 12), I shouldnt use Skin Id tho it has helped me. My skin later on was sofft, but had a bit leftover pimples.

For ppl over 15, i suggest that they get this bcuz their hormones are gettin a bit better and calm. Im afraid when my acne gets very SEVERE when im in highschool, it wont work :(

Reviewed on October 13, 2011

I was really excited to try anything that was more customized than pro-active. I have sensitive skin and it worked okay at first. After about a week my skin was burning and itchy. I came to the conclusion maybe I was allergic to it. I called the customer service reps to see if they had anything without benzoyl peroxide. When they said they did not, they were not very helpful with canceling my subscription. They would not refund my money or try to make it right. That was the end of my road with using this company in the future. I do not recommend this product to anyone.

Reviewed on October 8, 2011

I bought skin ID hoping it would improve my moderate acne. I started using the 3 products as directed, and in the first week i noticed that the small bumps on my forehead were slightly going away, and i wouldn't get more than a pimple on either side of my cheeks. But on the 5th day were i applied the BP i had a raised, puffy, red, itchy rash. So i stopped taking skin id all together, and it took 2 weeks, but my rash went away.

Skin ID started to work for me but then turned into a rash. I wouldn;t recommend this product for people with sensitive skin. Skin ID uses 3 kinds of acid, one acid in each of the 3 products you get. The directions are to use all of the products within 30 mins, so you're putting 3 harsh chemicals on your skin, one right after each other. So for sensitive skin its going to irritate very badly.

I know your looking for a solution for your acne, but if you have sensitive skin, i would advice that you don't use Skin ID. It will do more harm to your skin than good.

I would recommend going to your doctor instead and getting a prescription, and not ordering something from the TV.

Skin ID products aren't really designed for your skin. All they do is give you a different percentage of SA or BQ, but you're still getting the basic harsh chemicals found in all over the counter acne products.

Reviewed on October 7, 2011

My skin is sensitive, and when you take your online quiz you can rate how sensitive your skin is, i dragged it to the highest level. When i got my Skin ID the very First time i used it, i woke up to my face being extremely red, my mom said i looked like i got a sunburn on my whole face, my skin was itchy and it is soooo dried out. My face is never dried out my skin is usually soft. Now, i have to deal with acne and dry skin. Sucks.. I did only use this product once, but after i woke up.. You could not pay me to try it a second time.

Reviewed on August 19, 2011

For a while it seemed like it was my miracle but suddenly it stopped working and my face is just as bad as it was. Customer service was horrible and during part of it they ran out of my cleanser and sent me one that didn't work. It never did clear up my face completely while it worked for about 6 months.

Reviewed on July 21, 2011

I cannot express how much I love this product. I have had acne since I was 12....I am 18 years old and about to leave for college (exactly 25 days from now to be exact.) And I just could not stand the fact that i had to leave with such an ugly face! I would wake up with about 5 new pimple on my forehead, and maybe like 3-5 on each cheek and also my chin. So one day my dad was watching tv and said "hey have you tried skin id?" I hadn't but I have heard great things from friends. So i gave in and I thought "why not?". So about a week after ordering it (and by the way you MUST be precise when you take your evaluation) I opened the box up and gave it a shot. I got 7-40-32 which came with a cream cleanser, toner, anti-acne cream, spot treatment, and a body spray for acne. I love every single thing! The cream cleanser I use with a little rubber scrubbie cleaner because i feel like i save soap that way...and also I am not using my hands. After rinsing I use just one dab of toner on a cotton wipe and use it all over, it is not drying at all and I have combination skin! When my face dries I use the spot treatment and let that dry, and lastly I use the anti-acne cream. When all of that is dry I follow up with a moisturizer from ponds that come in a little tub, it is the perfect amount of moisture without making my skin oily. So after doing this day and night for about a month, I noticed that I have not had any new pimples for a while...and all of my old ones were either gone or almost dried up, my face was beginning to look like it did when I was little: smooth and clear and my freckles were visible again. But yes, of course I have scars but they are just light pink or close to invisible now and I use bio oil as my night time moisturizer to help fade them. Honestly I cannot promise you anything, but I believe that skin id was a miracle worker for me, the only time I got a pimple while using this was on my period...it was just ONE. Please give this a shot, I am so amazed.

Reviewed on June 1, 2011

I went online and took the quiz to see what kind of products I needed. I used it for a month and my skin was so oily and it burned so bad. Don't waste your time.

Reviewed on May 15, 2011

The first batch that I bought worked alright after a couple if months of using it. The lotion makes your skin super dry and tight like you just got botox injections or something! I had to put another lotion on my face cause it hurt my skin so much! It did get rid of my acne for a few weeks until I started using the second batch...

When I started using the second batch sent to me, my eye lids swelled up and I didn't even put the lotion on or around my eyes! It was horrible! I looked like an alien I couldn't believe how swollen my eye lids got. I had to go to the doctor and get anti histamine pills and a special cream for my eye lids so they wouldn't be so red an itchy.

Overall I don't recommend this product at all!

Reviewed on March 17, 2011

I loved it at first, but the more I used it the more it burned my skin. The skin around my nose and under my mouth was extremely irritated. I felt it did more damage than good to my face. When I put it on at night, I noticed that my pillow cases were bleached in the morning. Something that strong that can bleach your pillow cases while you're sleeping on them should not be used on your face! It's expensive and you have to pay monthly. It's no bueno.