Neutrogena Skin Clearing Shave Cream

Brand: Neutrogena

Most helpful review

By Ryan C on 11/07/2010
thumbnail

I found out after I started using it that it contains salicylic acid, meaning that it was drying my skin on top of the regimen. I stopped using it today after I looked at all of the ingredients. The shave cream itself wasn't all that great and didn't give the skin enough support against my razor, and I'm going to switch to just using the foam from my cleanser..

Pros:
  • Nice tingly feeling afterwards
Cons:
  • drying afterwards
  • doesn't give a close shave

170 out of 337 people found this review helpful

Salicylic Acid 1%.

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glycerin, Steareth 21, PEG 7 Olivate, Steareth 2, Polysorbate 60, Dimethicone, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pantothenic Acid, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Retinyl Palmitate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium EDTA, Menthyl Lactate, Benzyl Alcohol, Polymethylmethacrylate, Fragrance.

Member reviews

“A decent shaving cream”
By on

I've changed this review a bit, because I strongly prefer the acne.org cleanser over this shaving cream. Clean & Clear foaming cleanser is better too, if you like that.

• for more than a year
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

To get a good shave you must properly prepare for a shave. Yes products do make the difference but its also the user as well. It also depends on your facial hair. Mine is not thick and is a pretty easy shave if i have a good sharp razor and soak my face in hot water for 5-10mins. Really helps.

Pros

• Light, doesn't take much. Fragrance is not bad. Leaves face feeling cool and refreshed. My shave was really good do to proper prep and this was non irritating.

Cons

• I suppose it could be drying. When i bought this there was 2. 1 bottom said on the bottom "SA" and other didnt. I bought that one (the one pictured) however this one states in the ingredients Salicylic acid...
  • I haven't noticed any dryness though.
  • moderate
  • for a day or two
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• Nice tingly feeling afterwards

Cons

• drying afterwards
  • doesn't give a close shave
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 7
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.