Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Lotion

Average price: $7.36

Brand: Neutrogena

Most helpful review

By Anonymous on 07/20/2011

Pros:
  • contains salicylic acid, not benzoyl peroxide which dries out your skin.

23 out of 40 people found this review helpful

Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne Treatment).

Water, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol Beeswax, Dimethicone, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Capryloyl Glycine, Sarcosine, Cinnamomum Zeylancium Bark Extract, Hexylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Cedrus Atlantica (Blue Atlas Cedar) Bark Extract, Bisabolol (L-Alpha), Allantoin (Comfrey Root), Propylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance.

Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion, 1.7 fl oz
updated: 04/16/2014 14:18 UTC
Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion, 1.7 Ounce (Pack of 3)
updated: 04/16/2014 14:18 UTC
Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion 1.7 Fluid Ounce (50 ml)

Member reviews

By on

This product works! While the claim of visibly reducing breakouts in 8 hours is a stretch, give it 8 days and I'm sure you'll like it, provided SA is going to be effective for your particular skin type. This comes from Neutrogena, who also came out with the Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock, which is a sunblock finally made for acne prone, oily skin. Combine these 2 products and you've got a powerhouse on you're side.

Pros

• Extremely effective, gentle SA product with a pH of 3.8 which is in the range to be a good exfoliant. Non drying, spreads easily and has 2% SA, which is maximum strength for acne control. No initial breakout. Can't praise this product enough!

Cons

• Small (1.7 oz.) bottle, so buy 2 at a time.
  • light
  • for a few months
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

If your skin is sensitive to Benzoyl Peroxyde, this will work for you. Unlike BP, it won't leave your skin overly dry.

Pros

• Smells good, not sticky, feels good and smooth without making my skin looks white , works really well.. without irritating my skin.

Cons

• none
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 8
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

It is definately worth it in two weeks on this i have reduced my acne by about 2/3 and it feels soft

Pros

• It feels good
  • No one can notice your using it
  • Does not irritate skin even if you start sweating also you will see results in about 3-5 days and leaves skin soft

Cons

• Small Bottle i buy two at a time
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 5.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I've been using the rapid clear lotion for almost a month and it has cleared my face almost entirely. I have tried tons of other approaches and medications both oral and topical from my dermatologist. This lotion in combination with a gentle facewash have worked wonders on my skin. The tube's small hole helps to only dispense a small amount, as it spreads very well and is very light on the skin.

Pros

• clears up my acne quickly--overnight
  • keeps my skin balanced
  • can apply multiple times per day

Cons

• small bottle
  • for about a month
  • $ 8
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Works great and fast but won't help any dryness or peeling you already have. I love it.

Pros

• This makes my skin feel nice and I have mild acne so when I use it I don't get any acne and any that I already had goes away fast.

Cons

• If you use other acne products it wont really help with any dryness you have.
  • for a few months
  • $ 8
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

If SA products generally work for you, then this one is definitely worth a try.

Pros

• Really does work as a spot treatment.

Cons

• Expensive, small tube. Can be drying. I wish I could buy a larger quantity for an overall facial treatment.
  • for about a month
  • $ 7.99
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.