Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner, Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Formula reviews

4.2/5 - 39 reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner, Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Formula

Water (Purified), SD Alcohol 40, Glycolic Acid, Witch Hazel (Hamamelis Virginiana), Sodium PCA, Salicylic Acid, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Extract, Peppermint Extract, Allantoin (Comfrey Root), Sodium Lactate, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Fragrance.

Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner, Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Formula, 8.5 fl oz
updated: 09/30/2016 13:29 UTC
Neutrogena Pore Refining Toner, Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Formula, 8.5 Ounce (Pack of 3)
updated: 09/30/2016 13:29 UTC

An ok toner..
Reviewed on March 13, 2017

I have been using this for a couple weeks now, i haven't seen any changes in fact it hasn't done anything, however it has made SOME of my pores smaller, so i wonder maybe if i keep using it it will shrink more. I wouldn't recommend it to people with sensitive skin since im pretty sure it DOES CONTAIN ALCOHOL. So yeah it is an ok toner, i am positive that there are better ones out there.

Ok Toner if your oily
Reviewed on August 30, 2015

This toner is full of fragrance :( I have an oily T-zone and normal cheeks. I use it all over my face with no problem. I just follow it with some moisturizer on my cheeks and they are not dry at all.

Update: Had to stop using this toner after about 3 weeks, as it really started irritating and burning my skin. Too much alcohol, I think :(

Love
Reviewed on April 26, 2016

This toner burns sometimes but it works great. Using it for now but looking to switch to an alcohol free toner.

LOVE
Reviewed on February 9, 2016

this product is great and it really help the pores i usually apply it after shower and then follow by diff jel on my acne spot i have nearly clear skin !

Didn't work for me
Reviewed on February 7, 2016

Unfortunately, this seemed to contribute to making my closed comedones worse and spread to more areas of my face. I really wish I could have gotten better results from this product.

LOVE!
Reviewed on January 26, 2016

i love this toner!! i have oily skin and after been using this toner for 2 months it helps me alot to dry up my skin but u need to use moisturizer after thats it

My fav AHA.
Reviewed on March 13, 2014

I've tried a few different products with AHA but this one remains my favorite. Most recently, I tried acne.org's AHA+ which wasn't really for me and came back to this. I've now decided to just stick to this product that I love and forget trying others that will just disappoint me.

For some reason I really like the smell, which makes it even nicer to put on. I use it everyday, but I have very, very oily skin, so no problem using it that often.It exfoliates very well and just kills blackheads. I have very large pores on my nose, my cheeks (closest to my nose) and my forehead (right above my eyebrows). This does a nice job drying them out and they appear much smaller so long as I regularly use this toner. It makes a very nice canvas for my moisturizer and makeup. I'm never straying from it again.

Use Sparingly
Reviewed on April 15, 2010

It works well when applied once every other day or so, but can be highly irritating if used too frequently or with other acne products.

Corey, Florida
Reviewed on March 25, 2011

I think this is a love it or hate it product. Apparently it works well for a lot of people, but I used it for three months and my breakouts kept getting worse. I don't have heavy acne at all, so I was really shocked when the breakouts never seemed to end. Once I stopped using the toner (I felt like it might be too harsh, so I took it out of my routine) my skin started healing up and stopped breaking out. Beware of the alcohol content. I don't think it's a bad product, but it's not going to work for everybody.

rawr, usa
Reviewed on January 22, 2011

It really works! I just got this product and applied it before going to bed with oil-free dual action Clean & Clear moisturizer. The next day, my pores were almost invisible! My face was glowing, although not all of my problem areas were gone (I only had this product for a day). Since it has Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Formulas, it exfoliated skin well and gives it a healthy, dewy glow. If it helps, I have combination tan skin.