Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment

Average price: $6.70

Brand: Neutrogena

Most helpful review

By Jen on 12/16/2012

I have a feeling some of these reviews are negative because they did not use this product in the best way,I had good luck using it like this; wash and tone face like normal then put on a nice light moisturizer after that cover the infected area (for me almost my whole face) in a thick layer of cream and leave on over night. The first night I tried it this way I was amazed because all my acne dried up. I have had to switch it up because I have extremely stubborn acne but I bet other people with lighter acne will have a lot more success. Its the same idea as "the regimen" but a lot cheaper.

Pros:
  • Improves acne
  • inexpensive compared to other products
Cons:
  • did not help my acne forever

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment, Vanishing Formula, .75 oz
updated: 04/17/2014 16:23 UTC
Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment, Vanishing Formula, 0.75 Ounce
updated: 04/17/2014 16:23 UTC

Member reviews

By on

I'm 15, I have combination skin, and light-moderate acne.

Benzoyl peroxide is just about the worst thing that you can put on your skin. You're skin actually can get addicted to it. I used to use it and when I stopped my skin freaked out, and it took 2 months to return to normal. Have you noticed how all the drugstore stuff has stopped using it and switched to salicylic acid? Benzoyl peroxide is and causes free radicals on your skin, which causes premature aging. I'd take these adolescent, temporary pimples over nasty wrinkles in my 20s any day.

Pros

• Helped with some acne

Cons

• dried skin out like crazy
  • uses benzoyl peroxide (free radical)
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 6
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I bought this a couple weeks before graduation in desperate need to get rid of this huge pimple on my cheek. I used it before I went to bed and in the morning when I woke up.

It didn't work at all.

I saw no improvement in that one pimple. It probably irritated it even more. It also left a thin film of skin that COVERED my pimple. The only way to get rid of my pimple was to peel the skin off so I that skin didn't block it. Doing that made me scar so either way it didn't work.

The only good thing was that I didn't smell anything and it didn't dry the rest of my skin. Other than that, don't waste your time or money.

Pros

• Did not over dry my skin
  • No smell

Cons

• Didn't help my acne at all
  • Left a thin film of skin over my pimples
  • Left scars
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 6

By on

Just don't do it! The fact is you will be wasting your money. It balls up and flakes off so easily. Not worth the time or effort.

Pros

• None

Cons

• Leaves a white residue
  • Balls up when moisturizing
  • Expensive
  • Dries to quickly
  • moderate
  • for about a week

By on

If you are on the regimen and can afford to go through a tube of this probably every few weeks, you might as well buy Dan's BP because in reality you're going to save so much money and it works so much better. Dan's BP is a gel, which goes on perfectly and invisibly. This stuff is a cream so you have to rush to apply it and even then it still dries and leaves white streaks. Then just when you think it's dry, you apply your moisturizer, only to find out it wasn't really dry because it's balling up and coming off again. Ugh! don't waste your money people.

Pros

• none...

Cons

• leaves white streaks. balls up when applying moisturizer. extremely expensive. runs out quickly... need i go on?
  • light
  • for more than a year
  • $ 5.99
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This is the first acne treatment I have ever bought (when I was 10 now im 12). It's the smallest f**king tube ever and IT DOESNT DO ANYTHING. Since it's a cream, it didn't absorb it just dried into a little crust on my face. DON'T PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT.

Pros

• Smells Nice
  • Cheap

Cons

• Doesn't do anything
  • moderate
  • $ 6
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

It is good light acne but it is very drieing

Pros

• Minimizes acne

Cons

• Doesn't do anything for white heads or large acne. Dries out skin way way to much tiny bottle expensive
  • light
  • for a few months
  • $ 6
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I would recommend this product if you have light acne, but for moderate to severe types, it's not worth wasting the time or money.

Pros

• Reduces Redness
  • Dries out existing acne

Cons

• Does not help with preventing new acne from forming
  • moderately severe
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I came across the regimen about a month ago. I have tried soooo many things and spent sooo much money trying to find products that would work for my skin. I decided to first purchase On-the-Spot before purchasing Dan's BP (just to make sure I would have the same results I've heard so much about). I used it twice a day following Dan's regimen and I couldn't be happier.

My skin has never been so even toned and clear! I first cleanse with Cetaphil gentle cleanser, then (after waiting five minutes to dry) I apply the 2.5% BP. I finish it off with Cetaphil lotion. Since the tube is so small (.75 oz), I decided it would be more beneficial to order Dan's BP. Hopefully it will work just as well!

My only complaint (aside from spending eight dollars for a tiny tube) is that it is slightly drying. But a good moisturizer should help that. There is a slight burning sensation as well, but it's not painful. It kind of feels like a minor sunburn. As I continued to use the BP, my skin got used to it and the burning sensation disappeared after time.

Pros

• Works quickly
  • Removes redness
  • Reduces swelling

Cons

• Price
  • Slightly drying
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 8
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This stuff does the same thing that Dan's BP does but there are some pretty drastic differences. The first being the cost. It is $6 for a .75 ounce tube. Insane considering how much you are supposed to use. The second downside is that it is a cream and not a gel. This makes it sit on top of the skin and made it impractical for anytime other than at night. I used it while I was waiting for Dan's BP to come in the mail and it got my face good and adjusted for Dan's. After trying Dan's BP for just one day I will never go back. There really is no comparison.

Pros

• Does what it is supposed to.

Cons

• Very expensive.
  • Cream Based.
  • Small Container
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 6

By on

this product didnt do anything for my face. i have one pimple in the middle off my face and its huge and red and i read on line that bp can make your face redder so i found this wich had low bp in it and it did nothing. i need help i start junior high in 5 days and i need something that will work fast can someone help me!!!!!!!!!

Pros

• none :(

Cons

• it itched
  • nothing happened
  • it smelled funny
  • moderately severe
  • for a day or two
  • $ 7