Page 5 of Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment reviews

updated: 07/23/2014 15:50 UTC
Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment, Vanishing Formula, 0.75 Ounce
updated: 07/23/2014 15:50 UTC

Reviewed on May 7, 2012

It does do the job, but when i was using it, it really bothered my skin and even after i took it off, my face would itch for the whole day. Maybe that was just me... for the most part it did reduce the pimple size. so now i only use it once in a while when i need it

Reviewed on May 1, 2012

It works…It is Great! I suggest it to anyone that needs to get rid of acne. All of a sudden 4 months ago I started getting these cystic acne bumps on my chin which were driving me insane!! I really started feeling self conscious about my appearance.

Reviewed on March 26, 2012

I have very light but stubborn acne that's very difficult to conceal. This product only made my acne redder, and stopped it from forming, didn't treat it. I would recommend this product for harboring future acne, if it weren't sooooo drying! I have very VERY oily skin, and go through much make-up and oil sheets a day and this product managed to extremely dry it out. Even with a lot of moisturizer (applied almost hourly) the areas where I applied the spit treatment were so flaky, concealer couldn't cover it, and water couldn't sooth the burning.

Furthermore, I've tried almost everything, from prescription to store-bought to online orders, and there are MANY products with a higher amount of benzoyl peroxide that are much gentler than this! I highly recommend Clean & Clear spot treatments. They are more specific to YOUR problems, not only fight acne but prevent it and fade past marks, and work much better and much faster for a much smaller price.

Reviewed on March 17, 2012

People, before reading this.. You need to know that Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment is only effective on your pimples. So in order to achieve flawless results, here's a summary on my skin story/tips..

I've had pimples all around my chin and a few on my cheeks. And it really annoys me alot and least to say that i have no confidence to face people directly.

So i gave myself a month to heal my acne, and it's been just 4 days. And i must say, my acne has been improving without additional pimples popping out. And my complexion has become real smooth and tighten.

Here are some of the tips that i recommend for any skin types.. (Especially for people who has severe acne and wanting to heal more naturally without the need to spend loads.)

1) Use a suitable cleanser to cleanse your face thoroughly, ALWAYS wash your face with warm water as it opens up your pores and wash away the excess oils and dirts.

2) Make sure to GENTLY pad on your face with a clean towel.

3) Boil a pot of HOT water. You can use mint or green tea leaf to soak into the hot water. If you don't have any of those, just HOT water will be fine. Make sure it's extremely HOT so that you can use it to steam your face. Just find a comfortable positiong/place for you to steam your face and make sure you'd be careful not to burn yourself. Steam about

5 to 10mins. After that, wash your face with cold water. So that it closes your pore.

4) This is optional but i'd always find it pretty useful. Take ice cubes to rub over your face for about 3 to 5 mins. By using ice cubes on your face, it can reduce imflammations if you have pimples and tighten the face. And rmb to dry your face before toner & moisturizer.

5) After the basic skincare rountine, use NEUTROGENA ON-THE-SPOT ACNE TREATMENT. Rmb not touse for your whole face, just on the areas that needs to be treated like pimples or spots.

So i hope these tips can help you guys! Good luck!

Reviewed on February 24, 2012

I'm 15, I have combination skin, and light-moderate acne.

Benzoyl peroxide is just about the worst thing that you can put on your skin. You're skin actually can get addicted to it. I used to use it and when I stopped my skin freaked out, and it took 2 months to return to normal. Have you noticed how all the drugstore stuff has stopped using it and switched to salicylic acid? Benzoyl peroxide is and causes free radicals on your skin, which causes premature aging. I'd take these adolescent, temporary pimples over nasty wrinkles in my 20s any day.

Reviewed on February 20, 2012

I bought this a couple weeks before graduation in desperate need to get rid of this huge pimple on my cheek. I used it before I went to bed and in the morning when I woke up.

It didn't work at all.

I saw no improvement in that one pimple. It probably irritated it even more. It also left a thin film of skin that COVERED my pimple. The only way to get rid of my pimple was to peel the skin off so I that skin didn't block it. Doing that made me scar so either way it didn't work.

The only good thing was that I didn't smell anything and it didn't dry the rest of my skin. Other than that, don't waste your time or money.

Reviewed on February 6, 2012

Just don't do it! The fact is you will be wasting your money. It balls up and flakes off so easily. Not worth the time or effort.

Reviewed on January 22, 2012

If you are on the regimen and can afford to go through a tube of this probably every few weeks, you might as well buy Dan's BP because in reality you're going to save so much money and it works so much better. Dan's BP is a gel, which goes on perfectly and invisibly. This stuff is a cream so you have to rush to apply it and even then it still dries and leaves white streaks. Then just when you think it's dry, you apply your moisturizer, only to find out it wasn't really dry because it's balling up and coming off again. Ugh! don't waste your money people.

Reviewed on November 11, 2011

This is the first acne treatment I have ever bought (when I was 10 now im 12). It's the smallest f**king tube ever and IT DOESNT DO ANYTHING. Since it's a cream, it didn't absorb it just dried into a little crust on my face. DON'T PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT.