Page 5 of Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment reviews

updated: 04/25/2014 06:47 UTC
Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment, Vanishing Formula, 0.75 Ounce
updated: 04/25/2014 06:47 UTC

Reviewed on February 20, 2012

I bought this a couple weeks before graduation in desperate need to get rid of this huge pimple on my cheek. I used it before I went to bed and in the morning when I woke up.

It didn't work at all.

I saw no improvement in that one pimple. It probably irritated it even more. It also left a thin film of skin that COVERED my pimple. The only way to get rid of my pimple was to peel the skin off so I that skin didn't block it. Doing that made me scar so either way it didn't work.

The only good thing was that I didn't smell anything and it didn't dry the rest of my skin. Other than that, don't waste your time or money.

Reviewed on February 6, 2012

Just don't do it! The fact is you will be wasting your money. It balls up and flakes off so easily. Not worth the time or effort.

Reviewed on January 22, 2012

If you are on the regimen and can afford to go through a tube of this probably every few weeks, you might as well buy Dan's BP because in reality you're going to save so much money and it works so much better. Dan's BP is a gel, which goes on perfectly and invisibly. This stuff is a cream so you have to rush to apply it and even then it still dries and leaves white streaks. Then just when you think it's dry, you apply your moisturizer, only to find out it wasn't really dry because it's balling up and coming off again. Ugh! don't waste your money people.

Reviewed on November 11, 2011

This is the first acne treatment I have ever bought (when I was 10 now im 12). It's the smallest f**king tube ever and IT DOESNT DO ANYTHING. Since it's a cream, it didn't absorb it just dried into a little crust on my face. DON'T PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT.

Reviewed on October 25, 2011

It is good light acne but it is very drieing

Reviewed on September 26, 2011

I would recommend this product if you have light acne, but for moderate to severe types, it's not worth wasting the time or money.

Reviewed on September 19, 2011

I came across the regimen about a month ago. I have tried soooo many things and spent sooo much money trying to find products that would work for my skin. I decided to first purchase On-the-Spot before purchasing Dan's BP (just to make sure I would have the same results I've heard so much about). I used it twice a day following Dan's regimen and I couldn't be happier.

My skin has never been so even toned and clear! I first cleanse with Cetaphil gentle cleanser, then (after waiting five minutes to dry) I apply the 2.5% BP. I finish it off with Cetaphil lotion. Since the tube is so small (.75 oz), I decided it would be more beneficial to order Dan's BP. Hopefully it will work just as well!

My only complaint (aside from spending eight dollars for a tiny tube) is that it is slightly drying. But a good moisturizer should help that. There is a slight burning sensation as well, but it's not painful. It kind of feels like a minor sunburn. As I continued to use the BP, my skin got used to it and the burning sensation disappeared after time.

Reviewed on August 18, 2011

This stuff does the same thing that Dan's BP does but there are some pretty drastic differences. The first being the cost. It is $6 for a .75 ounce tube. Insane considering how much you are supposed to use. The second downside is that it is a cream and not a gel. This makes it sit on top of the skin and made it impractical for anytime other than at night. I used it while I was waiting for Dan's BP to come in the mail and it got my face good and adjusted for Dan's. After trying Dan's BP for just one day I will never go back. There really is no comparison.

Reviewed on August 11, 2011

this product didnt do anything for my face. i have one pimple in the middle off my face and its huge and red and i read on line that bp can make your face redder so i found this wich had low bp in it and it did nothing. i need help i start junior high in 5 days and i need something that will work fast can someone help me!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on August 7, 2011

I am kind of iffy on this product. I have mild acne, usually only experiencing break outs the week prior to my period. I found that while this product did in fact dry out the pimple, it would often leave my skin red and irritated, almost impossible to conceal with makeup, which was often more embarrassing than the breakout itself. It was also very drying, leaving my skin flaky in treated areas. Basically, the product may help reduce the size and longevity of your pimple, but battling the redness and dry skin is almost worse.