Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment

Average price: $6.70

Brand: Neutrogena

Most helpful review

By Jen on 12/16/2012

I have a feeling some of these reviews are negative because they did not use this product in the best way,I had good luck using it like this; wash and tone face like normal then put on a nice light moisturizer after that cover the infected area (for me almost my whole face) in a thick layer of cream and leave on over night. The first night I tried it this way I was amazed because all my acne dried up. I have had to switch it up because I have extremely stubborn acne but I bet other people with lighter acne will have a lot more success. Its the same idea as "the regimen" but a lot cheaper.

Pros:
  • Improves acne
  • inexpensive compared to other products
Cons:
  • did not help my acne forever

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment, Vanishing Formula, .75 oz
updated: 04/17/2014 16:23 UTC
Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment, Vanishing Formula, 0.75 Ounce
updated: 04/17/2014 16:23 UTC

Member reviews

By on

I had really tiny red pimples/zits mainly on my nose and forehead, but it did help a lot. I could tell by just a couple of hours that it made a huge difference.

I do recommend this product very much!

Pros

• Works great for sensitive skin.
  • I could tell a difference in a couple of hours.

Cons

• Small tube.
  • Burns a bit.
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 7
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

it was cheap and still a quick fix, I recommend it!!

Pros

• i used it on my pimple and it worked within 2 days!!

Cons

• doesn't work as fast as they claim!
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

i have terrible acne that comes and goes sometimes its worse then others and sometimes i only have it on one side of my face, This product is not an magic eraser it takes a couple of uses depending on how inflammed your pimple is. I have very super sensitive skin and when i apply to much it can irritate and leave red skin spots. I've learned that you literally only need a dab to make a difference DONT use more then a dab, the bottle is small for a reason you dont need to be excessive when applying. Dont let your skin get addicted to the BP although its a great minute relief, your body will get use to it and you will break out more because it will depend on it! Trust me i've done Proactiv and Accutane and i still suffer with acne, it runs in the family and it can be quite depressing, today will be that day for me which is why i decided to write this review. Oh and my skin loves mosturizer! i would die without mine but i have found that applying that first before spot treating helps with the irrating and the BP i not spreading around! I hope this helps! Keep ur chin up, acne is not the end of the world....I know im being hyprocitical but beauty relies with in! :) Happy person makes happy skin!

Pros

• dries quickly
  • stays on all night

Cons

• burns a little
  • leaves redmarks ( Which peel in a couple of days)
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 8
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This is wonderful on my face. It does not burn my face and I feel great using it. It dries quickly and makes my face feel tight so I know it is dry. I personally like the quick drying and face feeling tight. My face only started do burn, when I put my first moisturizer on after this dries.

Pros

• Did not Burn.
  • Felt Great Using it.

Cons

• Takes a bit to use.
  • Small Tube.
  • moderately severe
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 10
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

This product helped clear up my skin almost completely. It doesn't necessarily prevent new acne from forming but it spot treats very well and I only get occasional pimples every now and then. In addition, only one pimple will form rather than two to three. I'd definitely recommend this product.

**I was using an oral prescription which might've helped my skin but my skin didn't clear up until I used this product...the products given to me by my dermatologist never had these types of results**

Pros

• If you feel a new pimple coming and spot treat it for a consistant amount of time the pimple will NOT form!
  • It cleared up inflamed pimples and black heads for me
  • Didn't over dry or irritate my skin like other products have

Cons

• Dries very fast upon application USE MOISTURIZER!!
  • Must use consistently
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• None

Cons

• Another product that didn't work
  • severe
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 8
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

It does do the job, but when i was using it, it really bothered my skin and even after i took it off, my face would itch for the whole day. Maybe that was just me... for the most part it did reduce the pimple size. so now i only use it once in a while when i need it

Pros

• reduces pimple size
  • works within a day, such as if you apply it at night, by the morning the pimple will be less inflammed

Cons

• after continous use, skin becomes irritated
  • balls up if you touch face after application
  • moderate
  • for about a week
  • $ 12
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

It works…It is Great! I suggest it to anyone that needs to get rid of acne. All of a sudden 4 months ago I started getting these cystic acne bumps on my chin which were driving me insane!! I really started feeling self conscious about my appearance.

Pros

• It dries the bumps immediately
  • It helps keep the skin clear

Cons

• It dries to skin
  • moderately severe
  • for about a week
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have very light but stubborn acne that's very difficult to conceal. This product only made my acne redder, and stopped it from forming, didn't treat it. I would recommend this product for harboring future acne, if it weren't sooooo drying! I have very VERY oily skin, and go through much make-up and oil sheets a day and this product managed to extremely dry it out. Even with a lot of moisturizer (applied almost hourly) the areas where I applied the spit treatment were so flaky, concealer couldn't cover it, and water couldn't sooth the burning.

Furthermore, I've tried almost everything, from prescription to store-bought to online orders, and there are MANY products with a higher amount of benzoyl peroxide that are much gentler than this! I highly recommend Clean & Clear spot treatments. They are more specific to YOUR problems, not only fight acne but prevent it and fade past marks, and work much better and much faster for a much smaller price.

Pros

• Easy to apply
  • Smells good
  • Relatively inexpensive

Cons

• DRYING
  • Doesn't work (if it does, very slowly)
  • light
  • for about a month
  • $ 6.99

By on

People, before reading this.. You need to know that Neutrogena On-The-Spot Acne Treatment is only effective on your pimples. So in order to achieve flawless results, here's a summary on my skin story/tips..

I've had pimples all around my chin and a few on my cheeks. And it really annoys me alot and least to say that i have no confidence to face people directly.

So i gave myself a month to heal my acne, and it's been just 4 days. And i must say, my acne has been improving without additional pimples popping out. And my complexion has become real smooth and tighten.

Here are some of the tips that i recommend for any skin types.. (Especially for people who has severe acne and wanting to heal more naturally without the need to spend loads.)

1) Use a suitable cleanser to cleanse your face thoroughly, ALWAYS wash your face with warm water as it opens up your pores and wash away the excess oils and dirts.

2) Make sure to GENTLY pad on your face with a clean towel.

3) Boil a pot of HOT water. You can use mint or green tea leaf to soak into the hot water. If you don't have any of those, just HOT water will be fine. Make sure it's extremely HOT so that you can use it to steam your face. Just find a comfortable positiong/place for you to steam your face and make sure you'd be careful not to burn yourself. Steam about

5 to 10mins. After that, wash your face with cold water. So that it closes your pore.

4) This is optional but i'd always find it pretty useful. Take ice cubes to rub over your face for about 3 to 5 mins. By using ice cubes on your face, it can reduce imflammations if you have pimples and tighten the face. And rmb to dry your face before toner & moisturizer.

5) After the basic skincare rountine, use NEUTROGENA ON-THE-SPOT ACNE TREATMENT. Rmb not touse for your whole face, just on the areas that needs to be treated like pimples or spots.

So i hope these tips can help you guys! Good luck!

Pros

• Minimizes the size of the pimples
  • Dries out pimples really fast
  • Reduces redness around the pimples
  • Does not leave any scarrings

Cons

• It might take awhile to heal the blemishes completely.
  • light
  • for a day or two
  • $ 11.5
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.