Page 4 of Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment reviews

3.4/5 - 356 reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%

Water, Bentonite, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Emulsifying Wax NF, Polysorbate 20, Glyceryl Laurate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Citrate, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment, Vanishing Formula, .75 oz
updated: 07/04/2015 14:37 UTC
Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment, Vanishing Formula, 0.75 Ounce
updated: 07/04/2015 14:37 UTC

Reviewed on April 25, 2013

I use this on giant cysts to get them to come to a head faster over night. Every pimple that I've put this on has come to a head faster. It does not make them disappear overnight.

Reviewed on April 16, 2013

Almost 40 y.o.; have had acne to one degree or another since 4th grade! My skin is CLEAR. Not a single blemish. Normally get terrible cysts leading up to my period. This time, not a single one. I can't believe that this is what works, after years and years of trying so many things! I apply it every night. Wash with Cetaphil, very gently, no rubbing. Let my face air dry for about 20 min. Generously apply the cream, wait about 20 more min, then gently apply moisturizer.

Reviewed on February 22, 2013

I had been looking FOREVER for something to clear up my blemishes. I always had one or two, especially on my chin, and when I tried this, even my stubborn chin acne went away! If I feel a bump coming on, I put it on that night and its usually gone the next day! I LOVE THIS STUFF(:

Reviewed on February 17, 2013

I used this about two years ago (felt like I needed to put my two cents in) on this one spot on my chin. It burned a little, but I just shrugged it off since I thought it was just the product working. When I woke up in the morning, my chin felt a bit swollen. A day or so later, my chin had swollen into a half dollar sized boil. I went to the doctor and got some antibiotics for it. It went away in about a week and a half. I still have a dark scar from it.

Reviewed on February 16, 2013

Yes it is cheaper and more readily available than determatalogist prescription gels, but Epiduo or Differin (prescriptions) work better. However, it is the best working of the over-counter ones I have tried, and I use it between appointments if I run out of Epiduo.

Reviewed on December 16, 2012

I have a feeling some of these reviews are negative because they did not use this product in the best way,I had good luck using it like this; wash and tone face like normal then put on a nice light moisturizer after that cover the infected area (for me almost my whole face) in a thick layer of cream and leave on over night. The first night I tried it this way I was amazed because all my acne dried up. I have had to switch it up because I have extremely stubborn acne but I bet other people with lighter acne will have a lot more success. Its the same idea as "the regimen" but a lot cheaper

Reviewed on December 4, 2012

Do not use this item if you want to get rid of facial acne. It does not seem to eliminate it, I used it for 2 weeks, it made no difference to my skin but I got an eye infection after it badly irritated m eyes and made my skin really very dry. It sucks!

Reviewed on October 10, 2012

I had a bad hormonal breakout on the sides of my face and decided to use this product for the first time. A small amount of this on that area caused it to turn bright red and burn for a few days, which later caused an unbelievable amount of peeling and any makeup I used over it looked ridiculous. Even though my skin was peeling like crazy, the breakout did not look any better at all and I actually got some additional smaller spots on the areas I used it.

I finally got a refill of Finacea, stopped using this product and used that instead, and the very next morning it looked so, so much better. It should be noted that I first started using Finacea about a year ago, so my skin has had time to get used to it, but I never had the kind of terrible burning and peeling with Finacea that I did with this benzoyl peroxide.

The only use I have gotten out of On-the-Spot is that it seems to be the best thing I've used to prevent pimples from forming if they're just small, somewhat invisible bumps. For only that, I recommend it. Otherwise, for me, it doesn't seem to prevent acne or make it better at all.

Reviewed on October 8, 2012

I like this product simply as a spot treatment. It helps get rid of enlarged pimples that simply won't get away. If i feel a white head coming in i will dab a pea sized amount on it before bed and in the morning it will help reduce the size and redness. This is not a miracle product but definitely helps those that get occasional breakouts.