Page 3 of Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment reviews

updated: 04/21/2014 02:19 UTC
Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment, Vanishing Formula, 0.75 Ounce
updated: 04/21/2014 02:19 UTC

Reviewed on February 17, 2013

I used this about two years ago (felt like I needed to put my two cents in) on this one spot on my chin. It burned a little, but I just shrugged it off since I thought it was just the product working. When I woke up in the morning, my chin felt a bit swollen. A day or so later, my chin had swollen into a half dollar sized boil. I went to the doctor and got some antibiotics for it. It went away in about a week and a half. I still have a dark scar from it.

Reviewed on February 16, 2013

Yes it is cheaper and more readily available than determatalogist prescription gels, but Epiduo or Differin (prescriptions) work better. However, it is the best working of the over-counter ones I have tried, and I use it between appointments if I run out of Epiduo.

Reviewed on December 16, 2012

I have a feeling some of these reviews are negative because they did not use this product in the best way,I had good luck using it like this; wash and tone face like normal then put on a nice light moisturizer after that cover the infected area (for me almost my whole face) in a thick layer of cream and leave on over night. The first night I tried it this way I was amazed because all my acne dried up. I have had to switch it up because I have extremely stubborn acne but I bet other people with lighter acne will have a lot more success. Its the same idea as "the regimen" but a lot cheaper

Reviewed on December 4, 2012

Do not use this item if you want to get rid of facial acne. It does not seem to eliminate it, I used it for 2 weeks, it made no difference to my skin but I got an eye infection after it badly irritated m eyes and made my skin really very dry. It sucks!

Reviewed on October 10, 2012

I had a bad hormonal breakout on the sides of my face and decided to use this product for the first time. A small amount of this on that area caused it to turn bright red and burn for a few days, which later caused an unbelievable amount of peeling and any makeup I used over it looked ridiculous. Even though my skin was peeling like crazy, the breakout did not look any better at all and I actually got some additional smaller spots on the areas I used it.

I finally got a refill of Finacea, stopped using this product and used that instead, and the very next morning it looked so, so much better. It should be noted that I first started using Finacea about a year ago, so my skin has had time to get used to it, but I never had the kind of terrible burning and peeling with Finacea that I did with this benzoyl peroxide.

The only use I have gotten out of On-the-Spot is that it seems to be the best thing I've used to prevent pimples from forming if they're just small, somewhat invisible bumps. For only that, I recommend it. Otherwise, for me, it doesn't seem to prevent acne or make it better at all.

Reviewed on October 8, 2012

I like this product simply as a spot treatment. It helps get rid of enlarged pimples that simply won't get away. If i feel a white head coming in i will dab a pea sized amount on it before bed and in the morning it will help reduce the size and redness. This is not a miracle product but definitely helps those that get occasional breakouts.

Reviewed on August 15, 2012

Eh, it's alright. All these products work the same for me.

Reviewed on August 14, 2012

Overall this product wasn't bad but it wasn't the best either. Like the product says, you should only use 'on the spot' instead of a topical treatment for your whole face. I like the fact that it is 2.5% instead of 5% or 10% (which most over the counter products are). It works well with sensitive skin if you use a very small amount.

Reviewed on August 9, 2012

Don't buy this! Immediately after I put it on my acne areas my skin started burning. After I washed it off, I was started to see there were red blotchy circles exactly where I put the acne treatment before. It looks horrible and my acne still remains :(

Reviewed on August 7, 2012

The title of the product says it all, works on the spot. If you have psoriasis on certain areas of your face, do not apply on those areas, it will dry out the area further. Overall, the spot treatment worked for me.