Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment

Average price: $6.70

Brand: Neutrogena

Most helpful review

By Jen on 12/16/2012

I have a feeling some of these reviews are negative because they did not use this product in the best way,I had good luck using it like this; wash and tone face like normal then put on a nice light moisturizer after that cover the infected area (for me almost my whole face) in a thick layer of cream and leave on over night. The first night I tried it this way I was amazed because all my acne dried up. I have had to switch it up because I have extremely stubborn acne but I bet other people with lighter acne will have a lot more success. Its the same idea as "the regimen" but a lot cheaper.

Pros:
  • Improves acne
  • inexpensive compared to other products
Cons:
  • did not help my acne forever

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful

updated: 04/17/2014 22:26 UTC

Member reviews

“Horrible”
By on

I bought this product 2 days ago and when I first used it the next day my face was red and swollen 2 swelling and redness started leaving then today I woke up with a burning and itching rash I had to apply an ice pack on my face to prevent from scratching my weekend is ruined

Pros

[not submitted]

Cons

• Rash
  • Severe irritation
  • Burning
  • for a day or two
  • $ 7
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

“Quick fix if you've run out of the Acne.org treatment”
By on

I used this for about 2 weeks before I placed my order for the Acne.org regimen. I followed the Regimen very closely, allowing my face to dry then applying a pea sized amount to infected areas the first 2 weeks then "amping up the dosage" as directed. It worked wonders for me. My hideous, cystic lesions gradually subsided and the scars slowly began to fade. I had severely clogged pores on my lower cheeks, chin, and forehead, resulting in uneven texture/bumpy skin--this helped clear that. It's pretty obvious it would work (it's Benzoyl Peroxide, in a cream), but since it's true that the skin does grow immune to it quickly, it's imperative that you apply a little more product each time you use it. This ensures you are allowing your skin to use the cream's max benefits. DOWNSIDE: the cream formula makes it crazy drying. Do not recommend for those who want to apply make-up daily. You'll look like a dried-out cactus.

Pros

• clears cystic acne if following the Regimen
  • aids in fading scars
  • clears pores

Cons

• not enough product for long-term treatment (tube is too small)
  • cream formula is too drying
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 11
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“neutrogena acne spot treatment”
By on

used this product over the recommended reviews, only used this for about a month, at first it dries out and fades the pimples but it just turns them into scars. after using this product, my skin became immune, the product just stopped doing it's job. the product didn't work for me because I have more stubborn acne

Pros

[not submitted]

Cons

• turns pimples into scars
  • it doesn't prevent incoming or clear old pimples
  • for about a month
  • $ 10
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

“Works!”
By on

I have used this about two months ago daily. It worked on my skin. By the next morning my pimple would already look smaller. Unfortunately, our skin becomes too immune to certain products like (Benzoyl Peroxide).. So this product stopped working on my skin. I'm using another topical on my face for now, but I will come back to this one in a few months.

Pros

• Dries Out Pimples

Cons

• Skin Becomes Too Immune
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 8
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Some pimples disappear overnight though it might leave a little scar (because the pimple doesn't vanish) but it really calms down redness and make your pimple bumps either smaller or go away at least after 2-3 days of use.

By on

I use this on giant cysts to get them to come to a head faster over night. Every pimple that I've put this on has come to a head faster. It does not make them disappear overnight.

Pros

• Works on speeding acne up

Cons

• Hard to wash off gently
  • Itches or stings slightly upon application
  • for a few months
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Almost 40 y.o.; have had acne to one degree or another since 4th grade! My skin is CLEAR. Not a single blemish. Normally get terrible cysts leading up to my period. This time, not a single one. I can't believe that this is what works, after years and years of trying so many things! I apply it every night. Wash with Cetaphil, very gently, no rubbing. Let my face air dry for about 20 min. Generously apply the cream, wait about 20 more min, then gently apply moisturizer.

Pros

• Has completely cleared my face. Still a few blackheads on my nose, but even those are getting better. No cysts, no whiteheads. Skin looks great!

Cons

• Bit drying, but nothing that can't be handled with moisturizer
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 6
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

It didn't work for me.

Pros

• No smell.

Cons

• Broke out more.
  • Dried out skin.
  • Increased redness.
  • Pimple stayed around longer than it would have if i didn't apply the treatment.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 8

By on

I had been looking FOREVER for something to clear up my blemishes. I always had one or two, especially on my chin, and when I tried this, even my stubborn chin acne went away! If I feel a bump coming on, I put it on that night and its usually gone the next day! I LOVE THIS STUFF(:

Pros

• Clears up my skin fast!

Cons

• Dries out skin a little
  • moderate
  • for about a year
  • $ 5.75
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I used this about two years ago (felt like I needed to put my two cents in) on this one spot on my chin. It burned a little, but I just shrugged it off since I thought it was just the product working. When I woke up in the morning, my chin felt a bit swollen. A day or so later, my chin had swollen into a half dollar sized boil. I went to the doctor and got some antibiotics for it. It went away in about a week and a half. I still have a dark scar from it.

Pros

• No smell

Cons

• Burning feeling that lingers slightly
  • Made pimples worse
  • Irritation
  • light
  • inconsistently
  • $ 7