Page 2 of Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment reviews

Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment, Vanishing Formula, 0.75 Ounce
updated: 07/30/2014 13:55 UTC

Good but...
Reviewed on February 4, 2014

I started The Regimen about two weeks ago and this is what I had in hand. It does work pretty much the same as the Acne.org treatment does, but this one comes in cream form. It's supposed to be "vanishing cream" but after it dries out it is still visible, particularly if you have to use a lot, as required by the Regimen. This may be a non-issue for some, but if you want to apply foundation later on, it will cause make-up to cake on and look bad. Aside from that, I experienced the same dryness and peeling that one would expect with a BP treatment, and my zits dry up faster than before I started using it, so it must be working.

Ok product
Reviewed on January 18, 2014

I started using this product over night, it cleared up my acne for a while but then it started to make my skin feel dry. I figured it was doing its job and I expected some dryness and flaking so I just used extra moisturizer. Then my mom pointed out that my skin looked almost burnt in a very unhealthy way. I was switching this product with a different benzoyl peroxide product. I'm not sure if this made a difference, but after stoping on the spot acne treatment the burnt skin went away.

Never worked for me
Reviewed on December 26, 2013

My skin got really greasy and hard and it brought the face demons out.

Does what it says
Reviewed on December 3, 2013

It does exactly what its says it does it helps clear skin just like in the regimen. It does make your skin red and irritated so it took me about 3 weeks to get used to it. Just be patient and find a really thick moisturizer to help with the side effects. I thought it helped a lot when i used a moisturizer with sunscreen in it after this because the white cast the sunscreen has helps tone down the redness. It also works very well as a spot treatment (which is the name) because it drys up the zit over night. Good luck :)

Good product just not for me
Reviewed on August 28, 2013

I bought this product out of pure desperation, I was attending an important event the day I purchased it and had a few pimples on my right side. I quickly applied it in the morning about an hour later I noticed a lot of the redness had gone away and so had some of the swelling. Leaving behind just dark slight bumps where the pimples were. It did over dry the skin when I used a thick amount across my cheek (since I have acne all over it), so be aware of that since it is Benzoyl Peroxide. Anyways it calmed down my acne for that day and a few weeks after, but it did not eliminate it, in fact after a couple of weeks it got somewhat worse. So i stopped using it. I do recommend this product for people with mild acne, but if your acne is more on the severe side (like mine) you should probably use something else.

It's the best if you're not going to use Dan's
Reviewed on August 4, 2013

I live in the UK so ordering Dan's benzoyl costs A LOT (eventually I splashed out and I was glad I did) but a pharmacy near me that imported some stuff from the U.S. stocked this and I got it (the only other benzoyl I could find on the UK Market was Quinoderm 10% which I used for a couple weeks until I found this so the 'hardening effect' had already worked on me so I did feel the itchiness/burns/etc. from this stuff).

It's a small tube and one lasted me about two weeks but it does its job.

The only thing that's bad about ti is it kind of 'comes off' when you moisturise. It balls up and makes moisturising HORRIBLE!!

Horrible
Reviewed on July 23, 2013

I bought this product 2 days ago and when I first used it the next day my face was red and swollen 2 swelling and redness started leaving then today I woke up with a burning and itching rash I had to apply an ice pack on my face to prevent from scratching my weekend is ruined

Quick fix if you've run out of the Acne.org treatment
Reviewed on July 16, 2013

I used this for about 2 weeks before I placed my order for the Acne.org regimen. I followed the Regimen very closely, allowing my face to dry then applying a pea sized amount to infected areas the first 2 weeks then "amping up the dosage" as directed. It worked wonders for me. My hideous, cystic lesions gradually subsided and the scars slowly began to fade. I had severely clogged pores on my lower cheeks, chin, and forehead, resulting in uneven texture/bumpy skin--this helped clear that. It's pretty obvious it would work (it's Benzoyl Peroxide, in a cream), but since it's true that the skin does grow immune to it quickly, it's imperative that you apply a little more product each time you use it. This ensures you are allowing your skin to use the cream's max benefits. DOWNSIDE: the cream formula makes it crazy drying. Do not recommend for those who want to apply make-up daily. You'll look like a dried-out cactus.

neutrogena acne spot treatment
Reviewed on July 13, 2013

used this product over the recommended reviews, only used this for about a month, at first it dries out and fades the pimples but it just turns them into scars. after using this product, my skin became immune, the product just stopped doing it's job. the product didn't work for me because I have more stubborn acne

Works!
Reviewed on June 28, 2013

I have used this about two months ago daily. It worked on my skin. By the next morning my pimple would already look smaller. Unfortunately, our skin becomes too immune to certain products like (Benzoyl Peroxide).. So this product stopped working on my skin. I'm using another topical on my face for now, but I will come back to this one in a few months.