Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment reviews

3.4/5 - 364 reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water, Bentonite, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Emulsifying Wax NF, Polysorbate 20, Glyceryl Laurate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Citrate, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment, Vanishing Formula, .75 oz
updated: 09/27/2016 01:36 UTC
Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment, Vanishing Formula, 0.75 Ounce
updated: 09/27/2016 01:36 UTC

Disappointed
Reviewed on July 17, 2016

My skin felt really dry and patchy after using the treatment. Actually thought it would be more gentle since its Neutrogena.

Too thick, extra ingredients that cause irritation
Reviewed on July 15, 2016

I bought this after I ran out of my acne.org benzoyl peroxide treatment as a last resort while my stuff shipped out. The second day of using this my skin got really dry and I had a ton of tiny under the skin bumps pop up around my cheeks. Boo :(

This stuff is great.
Reviewed on June 28, 2016

This definitely makes a huge difference in clearing any active spots that I have. They are always much smaller by the time I wake up in the morning (or gone completely if the spot is minor enough to begin with). It can feel a bit drying when you first start using it, but that will go away. I use this on my spots every night after moisturizing.

Just an FYI: It doesn't do much for scars and also won't prevent NEW acne from forming since that typically has to do with stress, hormones or a variety of other internal issues. If you're using this as a treatment for acne, then I would recommend using this in combination with an internal acne treatment.

Kinda works
Reviewed on June 20, 2016

It works like any spot treatment should. Because for me, a spot is my entire face, I apply this to my entire face. Sometimes if I don't rub it in well enough, there will be a residue. My face doesn't dry out too much with it, but it is used to BP heavy products.

IT is ok
Reviewed on February 2, 2016

It does not burn my face and I feel great using it. It dries quickly My face only started do burn, when I put my first moisturizer on after this dries.

More moisturizer than acne spot treatment
Reviewed on July 26, 2015

I used the entire tube but this product did not give me any results. I don't know why i continued using it though, it was probably the smell, or maybe the fact that this was one acne spot treatment that did not leave my skin dry. It was almost like a moisturizer, however it did not remove my acne.

Awesome!
Reviewed on January 3, 2016

Love this product! Cleared almost all of my acne within two days, and even helped fade my acne marks. I usually rub a little on at night, but be careful how much you use, I used to much one day and ended up with red blotches. Overall this is my favorite acne treatment and works better than any other product for me!

Love it
Reviewed on December 16, 2015

It Really helps !

Almost the best product that worked for me .. I only use it for emergencies hhh .. Like when I have a special meeting or an important exam at college .. So I just use it the night before , and sleep assured that the next morning will be a clear start ;)

Love. It's my old faithful. Seems more gentle than the regimen bp
Reviewed on October 13, 2015

I love this product! 2.5 percent is perfect. My face was clear with a few pimples here and there while I used Neutrogena Oil Free cleanser with 2% salicylic acid, then a toner with salicylic acid. Right now I am using a clean and clear version, but I'm going back to Neutrogena's stress relief calming toner, I believe it's called. Then I rub a little of this on. My lotion is usually clyndamicine, but that is prescription. When I am being more gentle, I use cetaphil or suave's cocoa butter lotion has been good to me for years. I usually put it on at night but sometimes I use it during the day. I've never had a problem with it under mineral powder makeup. I tried the acne.org regimen and it was good at first but I'm noticing irritation now. I've gone to using their bp and lotion only at night. I use the face wash occasionally. I fine that the salicylic acid wash and toner seems to gently exfoliate my skin, fading the blemishes over time. It's worth a shot. I'm having bad breakouts lately but I think I need to go back to my roots. I am finding my way to my old regimen bit by bit. It's cheaper and tried and true. I'm not knocking the acne.org regimen. I can see how it's helpful but I won't be buying another kit anytime soon.

Okay
Reviewed on September 11, 2015

This product was okay. It didn't leave my skin irritated (like other acne products) because of the low Benzoyl Peroxide. It's great for MILD to little acne. However, I had deep, inflamed acne everywhere. This medication was not for that. Only use this medication for mild to little acne.