Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment reviews

3.5/5 - 348 reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Benzoyl Peroxide 2.5%

Water, Bentonite, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Emulsifying Wax NF, Polysorbate 20, Glyceryl Laurate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Citrate, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment, Vanishing Formula, .75 oz
updated: 08/23/2014 15:35 UTC
Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment, Vanishing Formula, 0.75 Ounce
updated: 08/23/2014 15:35 UTC

doesn't absorb
Reviewed on August 12, 2014

don't wear this out of the house or under makeup- it dries like caulk and doesn't really deliver medication into the pore

Really Great TOTALLY RECOMMEND BEST PRODUCT I USED SO FAR
Reviewed on July 6, 2014

Okay, This is really well I Use a Cleanser And Acne Wipe And before i go to bed i Put it On I Just rub it around The Spot And Its Really Bin working Its Either Removing the Pimple OR Make in't Smaller and when it make it smaller the next day its gone and its not really noticeable Love this i recommended It works Just wait a week And You'll Have smaller pimples(NOT NOTICEABLE) Or No Pimples At All

DO NOT BUY THIS. WASTE OF MONEY AND TIME. Invest in Acne.org's products. Seriously.
Reviewed on June 27, 2014

I used this product along with the strict steps of the Regimen for ten weeks. With this product came no results for my severe acne on my forehead. Instead, my acne got worse and worse within the ten weeks. In addition to my acne looking terrible, this product left a disgusting white mess on my face every time I used moisturizer or even water on my face. But even most importantly, I spent proabably almost $100, maybe more on this product, because the puny 0.75 oz only lasted me not even two weeks, and paying $8 for 0.75 oz that did not help my face whatsoever did not make any sense. SO I BOUGHT ACNE.ORG's Benzoyl Peroxide treatment and my face started clearing IMMEDIATELY. Please, do not put yourself through months of depression and debt like I did just because this was available at the drug store. Buy the Regimen.

by rashawn4930 on 07/06/2014 19:26
Your Problem Is That Everybody dont Have The Same Skin Their Are Different And 100 Dollars Really? That Is Just Stupid Because if it dont work why you Kept buying It back ////
Did nothing but dry skin out.
Reviewed on June 17, 2014

I could not wear makeup while using this. Even with moisturizer, my skin would feel so tight and flake most of the day. After a week, not one pimple was gone.

by rashawn4930 on 07/06/2014 19:26
Not everyone have the same skin
Do not buy
Reviewed on May 30, 2014

Did absolutely nothing for me! I dont even have that severe of acne and this didnt work on my pimples at all... I just feel like it dried the skin around it and caused it to flake.

Meh.
Reviewed on May 19, 2014

I used this before I had purchased Dan's BP. It left my face feeling sticky. I hated the creamy consistency, didn't seem to absorb well.

OK in a pinch
Reviewed on April 19, 2014

This is the first 2.5% benzoyl peroxide I ever saw, so props for that. However, it comes in a very small .75oz. tube which means if you use it with The Regimen it becomes very costly. It is also cream based which makes it harder to apply than a gel, and also makes it prone to leaving streaks. The worst part about this product is that it turns white when you sweat which is embarrassing. It can be used in a pinch, but gel based benzoyl peroxide is far superior.

by ThisUser on 04/20/2014 14:45
How do you feel about using a 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide pad when in a pinch? For example, if you normally do the full regimen, but get home really late one night (once a month) and use the pad, is that going to be more effective than skipping the BP application entirely? I would think so. I saw that Oxy has a new BP pad which I bought for this type of emergency situation (no comedogenic ingredients that I can see). What do you think?
WOMEN READ THIS
Reviewed on April 17, 2014

This product works very well on acne with (Dan's R). My skin is use to Benzoyl Peroxide. However, this one is much less irritating and creamy. There is two problems I have with this product. It comes in only a small sized tube.. which if your like me you will go through fast for the 2 times daily application. WOMEN!! NOTE THIS PLEASE! if you want your makeup to look smooth with application do not use this product!! it turns white when you sweat and balls up. I noticed after using liquid makeup with my beauty blender allowing both my BP to soak in. Moisturizer and primer that it got very cakey look to my inner t zone. It took me forever to figure out what was the cause of this. I love to use this at night but like Dan said a gel based BP sounds more ideal. Im thinking about ordering the one from Acne org because of the good reviews as well as its hard to find a gel based BP that is 2.5%

Works well with Dan's Regimen
Reviewed on April 3, 2014

This cream works really well for me; it dries out my skin, of course, but all BP products do. If you use it with the Regimen like I do, it will work wonders! All you need to do is moisturize adequately and be sure to use a cleanser that won't dry out your skin. One downside, however, is that the tube is quite small, and it's expensive to buy a bunch of tubes instead of buying another bigger BP product. Also, the cream can be difficult to spread around the skin, and it sometimes leaves a white residue, which is especially noticeable when wearing foundation. For these reasons, Dan's BP might be better, but this is nevertheless a great alternative!

Worked better than expected!
Reviewed on March 2, 2014

Neutrogena on-the spot treatment worked better than I expected! I had bad acne and it was very hard to remove it. After 5 days of using this product, the prone spots were fading and healing.