Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment reviews

Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment, Vanishing Formula, 0.75 Ounce
updated: 04/19/2014 05:54 UTC

WOMEN READ THIS
Reviewed on April 17, 2014

This product works very well on acne with (Dan's R). My skin is use to Benzoyl Peroxide. However, this one is much less irritating and creamy. There is two problems I have with this product. It comes in only a small sized tube.. which if your like me you will go through fast for the 2 times daily application. WOMEN!! NOTE THIS PLEASE! if you want your makeup to look smooth with application do not use this product!! it turns white when you sweat and balls up. I noticed after using liquid makeup with my beauty blender allowing both my BP to soak in. Moisturizer and primer that it got very cakey look to my inner t zone. It took me forever to figure out what was the cause of this. I love to use this at night but like Dan said a gel based BP sounds more ideal. Im thinking about ordering the one from Acne org because of the good reviews as well as its hard to find a gel based BP that is 2.5%

Works well with Dan's Regimen
Reviewed on April 3, 2014

This cream works really well for me; it dries out my skin, of course, but all BP products do. If you use it with the Regimen like I do, it will work wonders! All you need to do is moisturize adequately and be sure to use a cleanser that won't dry out your skin. One downside, however, is that the tube is quite small, and it's expensive to buy a bunch of tubes instead of buying another bigger BP product. Also, the cream can be difficult to spread around the skin, and it sometimes leaves a white residue, which is especially noticeable when wearing foundation. For these reasons, Dan's BP might be better, but this is nevertheless a great alternative!

Worked better than expected!
Reviewed on March 2, 2014

Neutrogena on-the spot treatment worked better than I expected! I had bad acne and it was very hard to remove it. After 5 days of using this product, the prone spots were fading and healing.

Good to use if you can't buy the BP on Acne.org
Reviewed on February 19, 2014

This tube is good if you can't to buy the gel from Acne.org. I used it my first week of being on the regimen, and I have to say that it is somewhat better than the gel on Acne.org. It minimized my zits a lot faster, didn't irritate my face as much, and helped me get clearer. The only problems I have with it is that it is too small, to buy 8 oz. worth is much more expensive than the gel on Acne.org., and it doesn't absorb too well. I would recommend it to anyone who can't buy the gel on Acne.org.

Good but...
Reviewed on February 4, 2014

I started The Regimen about two weeks ago and this is what I had in hand. It does work pretty much the same as the Acne.org treatment does, but this one comes in cream form. It's supposed to be "vanishing cream" but after it dries out it is still visible, particularly if you have to use a lot, as required by the Regimen. This may be a non-issue for some, but if you want to apply foundation later on, it will cause make-up to cake on and look bad. Aside from that, I experienced the same dryness and peeling that one would expect with a BP treatment, and my zits dry up faster than before I started using it, so it must be working.

Ok product
Reviewed on January 18, 2014

I started using this product over night, it cleared up my acne for a while but then it started to make my skin feel dry. I figured it was doing its job and I expected some dryness and flaking so I just used extra moisturizer. Then my mom pointed out that my skin looked almost burnt in a very unhealthy way. I was switching this product with a different benzoyl peroxide product. I'm not sure if this made a difference, but after stoping on the spot acne treatment the burnt skin went away.

Never worked for me
Reviewed on December 26, 2013

My skin got really greasy and hard and it brought the face demons out.

Does what it says
Reviewed on December 3, 2013

It does exactly what its says it does it helps clear skin just like in the regimen. It does make your skin red and irritated so it took me about 3 weeks to get used to it. Just be patient and find a really thick moisturizer to help with the side effects. I thought it helped a lot when i used a moisturizer with sunscreen in it after this because the white cast the sunscreen has helps tone down the redness. It also works very well as a spot treatment (which is the name) because it drys up the zit over night. Good luck :)

Good product just not for me
Reviewed on August 28, 2013

I bought this product out of pure desperation, I was attending an important event the day I purchased it and had a few pimples on my right side. I quickly applied it in the morning about an hour later I noticed a lot of the redness had gone away and so had some of the swelling. Leaving behind just dark slight bumps where the pimples were. It did over dry the skin when I used a thick amount across my cheek (since I have acne all over it), so be aware of that since it is Benzoyl Peroxide. Anyways it calmed down my acne for that day and a few weeks after, but it did not eliminate it, in fact after a couple of weeks it got somewhat worse. So i stopped using it. I do recommend this product for people with mild acne, but if your acne is more on the severe side (like mine) you should probably use something else.

It's the best if you're not going to use Dan's
Reviewed on August 4, 2013

I live in the UK so ordering Dan's benzoyl costs A LOT (eventually I splashed out and I was glad I did) but a pharmacy near me that imported some stuff from the U.S. stocked this and I got it (the only other benzoyl I could find on the UK Market was Quinoderm 10% which I used for a couple weeks until I found this so the 'hardening effect' had already worked on me so I did feel the itchiness/burns/etc. from this stuff).

It's a small tube and one lasted me about two weeks but it does its job.

The only thing that's bad about ti is it kind of 'comes off' when you moisturise. It balls up and makes moisturising HORRIBLE!!