Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment (Old Formula) reviews

3.4/5 - 369 reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Benzoyl Peroxide (2.5%).

Water, Bentonite, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Emulsifying Wax NF, Polysorbate 20, Glyceryl Laurate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Citrate, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment, Vanishing Formula, .75 oz
updated: 09/30/2016 23:58 UTC
Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment, Vanishing Formula, 0.75 Ounce
updated: 09/30/2016 23:58 UTC

Didn't work
Reviewed on February 2, 2017

Didn't work for me:/ The ingredients looked good but it didn't clear me up and I think it's a bit irritating.

Just Okay
Reviewed on January 23, 2017

At first I thought this spot treatment was working but after sometime it really wasn't doing anything but drying the skin around the pimples rather then the actual pimples. It didn't cause any redness which was nice but I recently started using tea tree oil as a spot treatment and it actually drys the crap out of pimples but does cause redness for myself around the pimple. BTW I used this bp for around 7 months. So I gave it enough of a chance , I would recommend spot treating with tea tree oil over this product.

Doesn't work for people with real acne
Reviewed on January 14, 2017

First off, let’s say that my acne is bad and has been bad for as long as I can remember. I have pictures of myself as a 10 year old with spots all over my face. I wasn’t really aware how bad it was until I was 14 or so and I looked around at everyone else my age and saw most others with a clear face. I began to get extremely self-conscious but was embarrassed to talk to my parents about it.

I did what I could on my own, tried a lot of drug store products without knowing much. Finally my mom brought up my skin and we went shopping together. She thought I should try Nuetrogena because it has a good reputation for being a good skin product. She got me this and there was no change. My skin would get a little dry when I used it but no matter how often I used it. My mom was very insistent that I continue using it but after around 6 months, my skin actually became worse and I began to develop cystic acne. It was at that point that my mom agreed that the product I had been using was not working at all. I went to the dermatologist and they gave me a prescription for specifically the cystic acne. It didn’t address the other acne types. That became obvious when the cystic acne got minority better but the other stuff got worse. Plus I really didn’t like taking prescription stuff with gross side effects.

Anyway, long story short, nothing worked. My acne never got better and I guess in retrospect I got into myself. My parents were always on me. Asking me what was wrong etc. I tried to say it was nothing but when I got down to brass tacks, I knew it was my skin. I got to researching and found out about Ninja. I has not heard of it but looked it uo and really encourage you all to do the same. The reviews were like unreal and I definitely didn’t believe them. But I was super curious, gave them a call and just I guess gave them a shot. I mean at the end of the day nothing else worked so why not them. but they are awesome people there and it worked. and my skin its clear. super clear. More clear than anything else has done, creams, prescriptions etc.

I don’t think that drug store stuff, or stuff you can buy in the super market is going to be anything to will help you. I think the saying of you get what you pay for is true. You get cheap stuff and you won’t get good results. My mom taught me that and I never believed her but now I know its true.

Good and bad
Reviewed on December 13, 2016

I feel like it works in drying out the acne and not my skin, but it really burns and tingles when first applying it. I've just started using this with two other creams from my derm. and I can tell my acne is clearing up

OK
Reviewed on August 6, 2016

It's not as easy to apply as benzoyl peroxide gel, but it gets the job done. Since this cream dries quickly, you need to work it into each section of the the face before moving onto the next. Turns white on the skin when you sweat.

Disappointed
Reviewed on July 17, 2016

My skin felt really dry and patchy after using the treatment. Actually thought it would be more gentle since its Neutrogena.

Too thick, extra ingredients that cause irritation
Reviewed on July 15, 2016

I bought this after I ran out of my acne.org benzoyl peroxide treatment as a last resort while my stuff shipped out. The second day of using this my skin got really dry and I had a ton of tiny under the skin bumps pop up around my cheeks. Boo :(

This stuff is great.
Reviewed on June 28, 2016

This definitely makes a huge difference in clearing any active spots that I have. They are always much smaller by the time I wake up in the morning (or gone completely if the spot is minor enough to begin with). It can feel a bit drying when you first start using it, but that will go away. I use this on my spots every night after moisturizing.

Just an FYI: It doesn't do much for scars and also won't prevent NEW acne from forming since that typically has to do with stress, hormones or a variety of other internal issues. If you're using this as a treatment for acne, then I would recommend using this in combination with an internal acne treatment.

by Control Panel on 10/14/2016 19:34
It does prevent acne from forming if you use it as an all-over treatment.
Kinda works
Reviewed on June 20, 2016

It works like any spot treatment should. Because for me, a spot is my entire face, I apply this to my entire face. Sometimes if I don't rub it in well enough, there will be a residue. My face doesn't dry out too much with it, but it is used to BP heavy products.

IT is ok
Reviewed on February 2, 2016

It does not burn my face and I feel great using it. It dries quickly My face only started do burn, when I put my first moisturizer on after this dries.