Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture, Sensitive Skin reviews

3.6/5 - 67 reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture, Sensitive Skin

Water, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Petrolatum, Cyclomethicone, Soybean (Glycine Soja) Sterols , Isopropyl Isostearate, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG, 10 Soy Sterol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Carbomer, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture, Sensitive Skin

Have used it for years, possibly causing more acne this whole time
Reviewed on July 16, 2012

I am in love with this moisturizer! I use a heavier Cetaphil lotion at night with jojoba oil, and it really slicks up my face. So during the day I needed something that was super light. I had previously tried Cetaphil's Daily Facial Moisturizer with SPF, and it seriously burned my face so bad. I thought it was normal for your face to hurt after using moisturizer. Neutrogena's is so soothing, never makes my skin too shiny, and just glides on my face very well. Wish it wasn't so expensive, but it's a pretty typical price for a moisturizer.

UPDATE 08/16/15

My review above was written several years ago. I am still battling acne. This past week I was about to pick up another bottle of this when I decided to check out the ingredients list. One of the ingredients is Isopropyl isostearate, which is listed on acne.org's "Comeodogenic (pore clogging) ingredients" list. It is the very first ingredient on the list!! I quit using it this week and switched to CeraVe moisturizing lotion and WOW. What a difference! When I use this moisturizer, I often wake up with my face very, very oily. I thought this was normal. Well, since switching my skin is not so oily anymore. I have gotten back on the acne.org regimen the past 2 months and have made big improvements, but abandoning this moisturizer has set me over the edge and am seeing even more improvement! So glad I quit using this after so many years!!

Works well
Reviewed on July 2, 2015

It works well when your skin is not too dry, perfect for sensitive skins.

It broke me out
Reviewed on November 24, 2014

I bought this because it said it was for sensitive skin, but it broke me out.

One of the only moisturizers I can use
Reviewed on November 11, 2014

One small pump of this always does the trick. Super light and hydrating… and goes on great over BP! I know the reviews on this are mixed, but I have super sensitive and acne prone skin, and mine loves this stuff. Give it a shot!

by BiggieDiggie on 02/03/2015 23:03
hello klm15, did you use a bp wash with this such as oxy 10% bp or did you simply use bp cream?
Best moisturizer I've tried!
Reviewed on May 22, 2014

Seriously, and I've tried almost all of them. This is the best everyday morning and night moisturizer. Doesn't leave skin oily, dry, or sensitive. My face loves this one for some reason....any time I run out and have to use something stock piled my face either gets red, too dry, too oily, or weird and tingly. Also NO SPF! YAYYY :D :D :D

Great when skin isn't dry.
Reviewed on November 22, 2013

my skin tends to get quite dry, and it doesn't sufficently moisturize when it is, but when my skin is normal/slightly oily in the summer, it does a fantastic job!

Don't use when using over the top of BP
Reviewed on October 2, 2013

This was great when I first started the Regimen, but now my skin gets kind of red and sensitive from using BP often. I found it was great for the first week but then it began to really burn my skin. I do not recommend this product if you are using Benzoyl Peroxide or any other harsh chemicals on your face. However, I do recommend if you are just looking for a good moisturiser for everyday use and your skin is in good condition.

Yeah, it's Great
Reviewed on July 24, 2013

I've been using this moisturizer for 5 months now, and it's great of not leaving that oily feeling with a little shine. I feels a little watery but that what I like about it.

Reviewed on December 31, 2012

This is great for oily skin but, not so great for very dry skin/dry patches. Need to apply a few layers for extremely dry areas.

Reviewed on December 10, 2012

Worked good for me, but I am naturally very oily. Did its job and didn't leave a really oily sheen. Worked well under makeup. Not the best for very dry skin. Doesn't control major flakes for very long after applied if that is what you are looking for. More of a lightly moisturizing product.