Page 5 of Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash reviews

3.1/5 - 598 reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Peg-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium Edta, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 6 Ounce (Pack of 3)
updated: 07/29/2014 14:14 UTC
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 6 Ounce
updated: 07/29/2014 14:14 UTC

Reviewed on February 25, 2013

Horrible product, I used it for three days and notice it was making my face dry. Mind you even if I put facial lotion in it dried that out immediately. Then it started to make my face BURN and become red....I want my money back

Reviewed on February 18, 2013

In the beginning (when I started it 3 years ago) it worked, now it doesn't.....

Reviewed on February 14, 2013

This works, if you put in a few months of scrubbing twice a day.

Reviewed on December 31, 2012

I am not a fan of mixing salicylic acid and BP treatment. It causes my skin to freak out. BP is better for more intense acne.

Reviewed on November 5, 2012

It isn't an awesome cleanser but it's not a terrible cleanser either. If you have oily skin with mild-light moderate acne then give it a go.

Reviewed on October 31, 2012

Overall it does make your skin look better and feel fresh. If you have light acne, using it twice a day will be enough (in the morning & before going to bed) .

Reviewed on October 27, 2012

Affordable, one for the washes that actually work for comedonal acne. Don't use for sensitive and dry skin though, and expect dryness. After all it has salcylic acid.

Reviewed on October 23, 2012

When I first got this product, I liked it. I thought it smelled very fresh, it felt like it was working at first.However, it made my face feel very tight after I used it. After about a week, my skin started to dry out and chap. It was also very itchy. It helped clear the acne slightly, but it's still there. So I wouldn't recommend this.

Reviewed on September 24, 2012

Not worth the price and much too harsh on skin. I would not even rate this a "1" due to the breakout rash I had from it...but the system requires at least a 1. I will not buy this again and have wasted my money. I AM USING CETAPHIL products.

Reviewed on August 29, 2012

I used this for a year with semi-satisfactory results... it kept my acne at bay... but it wasn't going away per se.

I recently switched to Calamine Lotion (check out the reviews for it under Home Remedies on this website) which cost me less than $2 for a generic brand at Walmart. It worked better for me.

So does this wash work? Sorta. But I'd suggest you'd look into the $2 lotion which is just as- if not more- effective than that.