Page 5 of Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash reviews

3.1/5 - 591 reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Peg-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium Edta, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 6 Ounce (Pack of 3)
updated: 04/19/2014 23:59 UTC
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 6 Ounce
updated: 04/19/2014 23:59 UTC

Reviewed on September 24, 2012

Not worth the price and much too harsh on skin. I would not even rate this a "1" due to the breakout rash I had from it...but the system requires at least a 1. I will not buy this again and have wasted my money. I AM USING CETAPHIL products.

Reviewed on August 29, 2012

I used this for a year with semi-satisfactory results... it kept my acne at bay... but it wasn't going away per se.

I recently switched to Calamine Lotion (check out the reviews for it under Home Remedies on this website) which cost me less than $2 for a generic brand at Walmart. It worked better for me.

So does this wash work? Sorta. But I'd suggest you'd look into the $2 lotion which is just as- if not more- effective than that.

Reviewed on August 26, 2012

I usually only break out once a month but two months ago I broke out and it never went away. I've always used neutrogena products so I bought this. It works. I don't think I will use it as my regular product because it is very drying but I will definitely use it for that week or so of my breakouts as it just works so fast for me.

Reviewed on August 23, 2012

Now first of all, it can cause dryness. Second of all, you can use it on your whole body. Like really. To avoid drying and irritation, you need to use it only once a day. Example: I shower at night and use this in the shower. I use it for my face, chest, and back. Then I go and put my acne medication on. Now, what I would say if you like to shower in the morning: use this at night to wash your face and use the acne medication or whatever you put on your acne for bed. Then in the a.m. when you shower, do whatever kind of face-wash you normally do for your face in the shower, but use this on your body in the places you have acne (if you have any on your body obviously).

Reviewed on August 21, 2012

I really loved this product the first few days I used it. However, it started to dry my skin out terribly and now I'm left with red, irritated skin mostly around my chin. I've tried all sorts of moisturizer to help fix this issue and have had no luck so far. If you already have drier skin, do not use this product!

Reviewed on August 7, 2012

I use this acne cleanser 1-2 times a day. It almost fully cleared my toughest acne spots. I also used the spot treatment from Neurtrogena along with this acne wash. I also noticed if you use this acne wash right after a shower, the results may be better.

Reviewed on July 29, 2012

This might work well for somebody with clear skin, but if you have moderately severe acne it makes it worse and I wouldn't recommend it at all.

Reviewed on July 24, 2012

Well i have had acne for 3 years now and i have tryed prescription medication that only worked for a little while so then i moved to over the counter stuff most of that actully didnt work so then one day mum and i went to coles and we saw this and then just wanted to give it a try so i did i applyed it that morning and it made my skin sooooo soft and also throughout the day i watched my skin for oil but there was none only a little bit of normal oils. So now im using it morning and night and i <3 it! (: i have seen really good results with it reducing pimples and preventing them i am so happy that i got this product and will recomend it to anyone that sufferes form acne! i will continue using this product for ever! (: i wish u guys luc and stick 2 this product xx

Reviewed on July 20, 2012

This was my go to cleanser when I was a teenager. It helped keep my light acne at bay. Now that I'm older(27) and have drier skin with more hormonal acne, this cleanser doesn't do anything for me. I used it for at least 5 years straight along with Nature's Cure topical cream and had only occasional breakouts. I would recommend this cleanser to those with oily skin and light acne.

Reviewed on July 1, 2012

This product is seriously amazing for anyone! Buy it because it is so CHEAP! Got mine at Walmart. For me i use this product then after i use Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion, even though i don't have dry skin and this face wash doesn't dry my skin at all, who doesn't what even more moisturized skin. This Aveeno lotion you can buy at Costco for like 15 bucks for a package of 2 (bottles are 20 Fl. oz it's huge and lasts a long time). Other thing i remembered to many people after using the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne wash and the Aveeno lotion mentioned above is the POND'S clarant B3 which helps with dark spots and makes your skin glow. You can get it at target in the section were they sell lots of travel size stuff its pink and it only a $1.50 (1.75 oz or 50ml). It helps with skin completion. The only thing about ponds is your skin needs to be completely dry so after you was your face with Neutrogena Oil-Free acne wash wait 30 minutes so you face is towel dry and air dry. Go out and Buy the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash and the other products because. (Sorry about the extra products recommend, I just thought all of those who read this should know what really helps with your acne, skin completion, dark spots and dry skin). over all if you buy all 3 products you spent $21.50 pulse tax that if you buy them from the stores i got them. you can also get them online cheaper so ya. GET CLEAR SKIN! WHOOOOOHOO!!!!