Page 5 of Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Peg-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium Edta, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 6 Ounce (Pack of 3)
updated: 10/30/2014 06:08 UTC
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 6 Ounce
updated: 10/30/2014 06:08 UTC

Its alright.... not that bad...
Reviewed on June 6, 2013

Its really good. Been using it for about 6 weeks now for the shower and it lathers up extremely extremely well. The smell is quite nice too. However, the only thing i have a problem with it is that water can get in the bottle. It dilutes it, and it makes the supposed 'gel' literally like water. Its really annoying. Initially it was great. 1 pump=1 facewash, but now its like, 4 pumps= 1 facewash cuz the 'gel-water' keeps running out of my hand before i can lather it properly. Especially hard in the shower!

However, setting that aside... It hasn't irritated my skin, but i have noticed that its made my skin a bit dry.

Except for the badly engineered bottle... its an overall good product!

by ryrychristine on 12/03/2013 21:29
I put mine in my medicine cabinet and just pump into my hand before getting into the shower. Washing my face is the first thing that I do while it's still in my hand. Maybe you should try this so that water won't get into your bottle
Reviewed on May 18, 2013

When I first tried this, I had mild acne. This product was very drying even with a moisturiser. Maybe I just have sensitive skin, but this made my skin very itchy, red and irritated. Did nothing for my acne, except make it worse. Now I have severe acne and this is definitely not going to help that. If you have mild acne, this might work, but it's not as effective for more severe acne.

Reviewed on April 13, 2013

Stop using acne products & face washes. Try the water only method. You will be glad you did. Once I stopped using acne washes, my skin went from severe to mild.

Reviewed on March 31, 2013

I used this for around a year and must say I don't know why I kept with it. Light acne may be helped by this but it doesn't keep the more moderate kind at bay.

It is also quite drying. If used in the shower, for example, I found after patting my skin dry it felt tight and began to flake.

I'm on a more gentle cleanser now and have been for the last 2 months or so and feel much better about the dryness.

Reviewed on March 29, 2013

I find this is a really good cleanser for me. I have slightly oily skin, huge pores, and a ton of blackheads. I am seeing results and i've only used it once a day for two weeks

Reviewed on March 27, 2013

I have used it for a couple weeks, and it works well. i use it along with a medication, and it makes my acne less visible in less then 60 minutes!!

Reviewed on March 23, 2013

Initially I liked this product. The foam really made my face feel clean and fresh. But it strips your face of all its oil, even the good ones, and leaves your face dry and exposed. It did a good job at preventing breakouts, but did very little to treat existing ones. I only recommend for people with oily skin. Stay away from this if your skin is dry.

Reviewed on March 14, 2013

It got this from a Friends in a sample size to try And i dont like it. Will not be purchasing.

Reviewed on March 11, 2013

I loved this product the first few days because I have really oily skin and it fixed that. However, after a few days I have extremely dry skin and it's chapped and itches really bad. No amount of lotion has helped. So not using this anymore!