Page 4 of Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Peg-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium Edta, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 6 Ounce (Pack of 3)
updated: 09/21/2014 12:08 UTC
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 6 Ounce
updated: 09/21/2014 12:08 UTC

Great cleanser
Reviewed on July 24, 2013

I've been using Neutrogena oil free acne wash for about 7 years now and I love the scent of the grapefruit wash. I recently got a clarisonic and instead of spending a lot of money on the clarisonic cleansers, I have been using it with my neutrogena cleanser. The combination of using my clarisonic with this product has helped tremendously with my skin. If I didn't use a moisturizer after cleansing, this product could potentially dry out my skin (although my skin is very oily) but other than that I love the price and this cleanser has worked for me for a long time now!

Feel a Difference
Reviewed on July 8, 2013

So I recently purchased this product. I was originally using CVS gentle cleansing wash. I was looking for a product that contained acne medication. While doing tons of research I decided to go out and purchase this cleanser. Even though there are many mixed reviews about this product; everyone's skin is different. This product just so happens to be working for me. I noticed a difference in my complexion of my skin. My face feels very clean and smooth. Along with all those great things it definitely treats my acne, and helps prevent new pimples. The smell is a little weird, but it's not terrible. Many people buy the pink grapefruit cleanser because the smell is better. But I find that I can overlook the smell of this cleanser since it's effective. Highly recommend for people who have some breakouts! Also, I had sunburn the other day, and two days after using this cleanser it has calmed done the redness, and now my skin is back to normal. Amazing!

Simply a cleanser
Reviewed on June 30, 2013

This product really allows my skin to calm down and feel clean. It allows my skin to become rebalanced without getting overly dry and definitely not oily. I really enjoy this cleanser because it can be worked into a lather or used as just a gel-like cleanser. Also, it is from the drugstore so it is easily accessible.

Not recommended
Reviewed on June 28, 2013

The day I got the product, I look at reviews only 1 or 2 people recommended it. I tried it anyways, big mistake. The first day my face felt fine and my acne was starting to go away. The next day, after using it 2 times a day, my face was VERY itchy and started to get really dry! I read people said that in the reviews but I didn't think it was true because I was fine the first day. It takes away all of your good oils along with bad, leaving your skin DRY. It doesn't work that well with getting rid of acne on the other hand.

Reviewed on June 13, 2013

This product is prefect. Make sure you have oily skin before using it. If not it will irriate skin. If it gets to try use a light lotion.

Reviewed on June 13, 2013

Its alright.... not that bad...
Reviewed on June 6, 2013

Its really good. Been using it for about 6 weeks now for the shower and it lathers up extremely extremely well. The smell is quite nice too. However, the only thing i have a problem with it is that water can get in the bottle. It dilutes it, and it makes the supposed 'gel' literally like water. Its really annoying. Initially it was great. 1 pump=1 facewash, but now its like, 4 pumps= 1 facewash cuz the 'gel-water' keeps running out of my hand before i can lather it properly. Especially hard in the shower!

However, setting that aside... It hasn't irritated my skin, but i have noticed that its made my skin a bit dry.

Except for the badly engineered bottle... its an overall good product!

by ryrychristine on 12/03/2013 21:29
I put mine in my medicine cabinet and just pump into my hand before getting into the shower. Washing my face is the first thing that I do while it's still in my hand. Maybe you should try this so that water won't get into your bottle
Reviewed on May 18, 2013

When I first tried this, I had mild acne. This product was very drying even with a moisturiser. Maybe I just have sensitive skin, but this made my skin very itchy, red and irritated. Did nothing for my acne, except make it worse. Now I have severe acne and this is definitely not going to help that. If you have mild acne, this might work, but it's not as effective for more severe acne.

Reviewed on April 13, 2013

Stop using acne products & face washes. Try the water only method. You will be glad you did. Once I stopped using acne washes, my skin went from severe to mild.