Page 3 of Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Peg-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium Edta, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 6 Ounce (Pack of 3)
updated: 10/10/2015 12:59 UTC
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 6 Ounce
updated: 10/10/2015 12:59 UTC
$3.96 is not associated with this product. All proceeds from links go to charity.

Reviewed on March 15, 2015

I am in my late 30s and wanted to try a cleanser that would prevent acne. It gave me 3 new pimples in 3 days, dry skin, irritated skin, and swollen eyes. I look horrible.

i will not be using this ever again and I am still waiting for my face to go back to normal.

I have dry skin to begin with FYI

by Tammy Lee on 05/29/2015 05:26
any help on how to soothe this. has your rash gone, mine is getting worse and worse. very sore.
The Bar is Better
Reviewed on February 19, 2015

I don't know what the difference is (nor have I bothered to read up on it) but the oil-free bar works far better than this liquid. Save a couple of bucks & buy the bar instead!

Think Twice Before Buying This
Reviewed on January 29, 2015

I have used this product in the past and it cleared up my acne well. However I bought this a few days ago because I was going through a major breakout. This morning I woke up and my face is swollen especially around my eyes and there's a burning sensation throughout my face. I am not allergic to anything and have never had a reaction like this to any product. I'm worried that there might be a change in the formula? I'm too embarrassed to go out in public today because of how awful my face looks. Please I don't want anyone else to use this product, there's something wrong with it.

by TaylorBrown on 02/08/2015 22:01
although you may have never had a reaction before your body changes over the year I was never allergic to anything but once i turned like twelve I became allergic to fruit.
OK not great
Reviewed on January 28, 2015

Get Dan's cleanser and compare it to this. This an average product produced down to a price. Drying and not particularly gentle. OK but not great.

Reviewed on January 23, 2015

I bought this product & washed my face once the first day. The next day I read that I should wash my face twice a day. So the second time I washed it, I got swollen & red marks!!! The next day I washed it once again & got the same result, but after 10 hours; itchy skin & a swollen face.

by Tammy Lee on 05/29/2015 05:27
how long did it take for your skin to go back to normal ? mines been a week and getting worse. Did you use anything to help soothe it or get rid of it ?
Don't even think about buying this.
Reviewed on January 15, 2015

Okay so I bought this on a saturday at Walmart in the travel section cause I just wanted to try a new cleanser. I DON'T have sensitive skin and its pretty normal (not dry not oily), and I don't have acne either but i do break out on my forehead a lot. So i washed my face with this before I did my makeup and everything was fine except it was little drier than usual so I put a lot of moisturizer on. That day everything was fine until the next morning. I woke up and my eyes were swollen and my face was burning and really itchy! At first I didn't know what was going on but later I realized it was this. I did my makeup for the day and it was soo blotchy and dry looking it looked terrible (even my mom said so lol) So all day my face was itching under the makeup. When i took my makeup off (with my aveeno cleanser) I had these tiny bumps all over my face! That next morning i woke up again and my eyes (mostly my right eye) was swollen again! Its thursday & my face is finally almost back to normal. This product ruined my whole week. DO NOT BUY IT! There are some good reviews but i wouldn't take the risk.

It depends on what skin you have
Reviewed on January 13, 2015

I have an oily t-zone, but for the most part my skin isn't that oily. DO NOT USE IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN!!! When I first started using this product, it did make my skin very dry and tight, but for the people complaining about that, you really shouldn't just use a face wash and go about your day because it will dry out your face, causing your skin to produce excessive oil which will cause breakouts. You should always use a moisturizer for any face wash, but anyway, back to this face wash, let's just say it's very strong. The first few days I used regular moisturizer. My face soaked it right up. Then I tried either Vaseline or cocoa butter. Now I just use Vaseline after I wash my face with this. Yes, it's very thick, and it makes your face shiny, but I promise you, the shiny-ness will go away and your face stays moisturized the whole day.

Conclusion, just use this (very strong) face wash with a good moisturizer and you will be good to go! It really works for me. This is the first product that I've noticed significant results in the disappearance of my acne. Can't wait to have a clear face again lol

Reviewed on January 12, 2015

I had used this product for one day and whenever I woke up the next morning my face was swollen and had a reddish rash. I stopped using it and it's the day after but the rash and swelling is still there. I asked my friends about it and to find out, This has happened to a lot of ppl who used this product that I know.

Definitely not for sensitive skin
Reviewed on December 31, 2014

At first I thought this product would be great because after washing my face did feel clean, but in reality it was completely stripping my skin. After a week my skin felt tight. Two weeks and I had extreme dry patches along with breaking out terribly. A month and my skin was actually SORE. As if the breakout wasn't bad enough, just smiling or crinkling my nose was painful for me. I haven't broken out this bad since high school. I guess if you have excessive oily skin it might work for you, if it doesn't cause you to break out like it did for me. But I imagine after a while it would start to dry you out.

Made my skin dry, red and sore.
Reviewed on December 17, 2014

I thought I had fairly oily skin but it must not be that oily because 3 days of this cleanser and it's so dry my make-up only lasts about 10 minutes! I just hope that I haven't done too much damage and can sort my skin out quickly.