Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

Average price: $7.21

Brand: Neutrogena

Most helpful review

By Anonymous on 10/23/2012

When I first got this product, I liked it. I thought it smelled very fresh, it felt like it was working at first.However, it made my face feel very tight after I used it. After about a week, my skin started to dry out and chap. It was also very itchy. It helped clear the acne slightly, but it's still there. So I wouldn't recommend this..

Pros:
  • Helps clear acne slightly.
  • Smells good.
Cons:
  • Dries out and chaps skin.
  • Makes skin feel tight after applied.
  • Makes skin itch.

10 out of 14 people found this review helpful

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Peg-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium Edta, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 6 Ounce (Pack of 3)
updated: 04/17/2014 14:53 UTC
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 6 Ounce
updated: 04/17/2014 14:53 UTC

Member reviews

By on

This product is prefect. Make sure you have oily skin before using it. If not it will irriate skin. If it gets to try use a light lotion.

Pros

• lightens skin
  • less break out
  • does not burn

Cons

• none
  • for about a month
  • $ 7
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• lightens skin
  • less break out
  • does not burn

Cons

• none
  • for about a month
  • $ 7
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• lightens skin
  • less break out
  • does not burn

Cons

• none
  • for about a month
  • $ 7
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

“Its alright.... not that bad...”
By on

Its really good. Been using it for about 6 weeks now for the shower and it lathers up extremely extremely well. The smell is quite nice too. However, the only thing i have a problem with it is that water can get in the bottle. It dilutes it, and it makes the supposed 'gel' literally like water. Its really annoying. Initially it was great. 1 pump=1 facewash, but now its like, 4 pumps= 1 facewash cuz the 'gel-water' keeps running out of my hand before i can lather it properly. Especially hard in the shower!

However, setting that aside... It hasn't irritated my skin, but i have noticed that its made my skin a bit dry.

Except for the badly engineered bottle... its an overall good product!

Pros

• Lathers like a dream!
  • Smells good
  • Easy pump bottle

Cons

• Water gets in the bottle, which dilutes it
  • Dries skin alot more
  • for about a month
  • $ 14
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

When I first tried this, I had mild acne. This product was very drying even with a moisturiser. Maybe I just have sensitive skin, but this made my skin very itchy, red and irritated. Did nothing for my acne, except make it worse. Now I have severe acne and this is definitely not going to help that. If you have mild acne, this might work, but it's not as effective for more severe acne.

Pros

• Smells good
  • Nice tingly feeling
  • Soft skin

Cons

• Irritation
  • Itchiness
  • Red skin
  • for a few months
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Stop using acne products & face washes. Try the water only method. You will be glad you did. Once I stopped using acne washes, my skin went from severe to mild.

Pros

• none

Cons

• Irritates skin
  • makes skin way more sensitive
  • gave me more pimples
  • skin became dry "clean" then super oily
  • made pigmentation marks last longer & stand out
  • moderately severe
  • for about a year
  • $ 8

By on

I used this for around a year and must say I don't know why I kept with it. Light acne may be helped by this but it doesn't keep the more moderate kind at bay.

It is also quite drying. If used in the shower, for example, I found after patting my skin dry it felt tight and began to flake.

I'm on a more gentle cleanser now and have been for the last 2 months or so and feel much better about the dryness.

Pros

• It lathers well.
  • It is relatively cheap.
  • It is oil free.
  • Lighter acne may have been helped by this.

Cons

• Using this cleanser makes the skin really dry and tight.
  • There was no significant improvement to moderate acne symptoms whilst using this.
  • moderate
  • for about a year
  • $ 6
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I find this is a really good cleanser for me. I have slightly oily skin, huge pores, and a ton of blackheads. I am seeing results and i've only used it once a day for two weeks

Pros

• Cleans well
  • Smells good
  • Minimizes pores

Cons

• Slightly drying
  • very light
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 5.27
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I have used it for a couple weeks, and it works well. i use it along with a medication, and it makes my acne less visible in less then 60 minutes!!

Pros

• Works well
  • Doesnt irretate my skin

Cons

• none
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 7.49
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Initially I liked this product. The foam really made my face feel clean and fresh. But it strips your face of all its oil, even the good ones, and leaves your face dry and exposed. It did a good job at preventing breakouts, but did very little to treat existing ones. I only recommend for people with oily skin. Stay away from this if your skin is dry.

Pros

• Smells great
  • Foaming wash makes skin feel clean
  • Prevents breakouts

Cons

• Doesn't treat existing pimples/red spots
  • Dries out skin like CRAZY
  • Makes skin flake and peel
  • Burns
  • light
  • for about a month