Page 3 of Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash reviews

3.1/5 - 599 reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Peg-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium Edta, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 6 Ounce (Pack of 3)
updated: 07/31/2014 03:14 UTC
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 6 Ounce
updated: 07/31/2014 03:14 UTC

Good for mild acne
Reviewed on September 30, 2013

I have moderate acne so this product did pretty much nothing for me in the long run. For the first few days, it seemed my skin was improving, but that did not last long. From what I understand, salycylic acid works well at opening pores, which is what mild acne needs. But for it to work on moderate-severe acne, you must follow up with BP. Unfortunately, BP is too harsh for me to use consistently, so this product was a no-go.

Worst face wash EVER!
Reviewed on August 26, 2013

I bought his to help the little bit of ache that I got every once in a while and to help control my oily face. The first day I used it in the morning, my face felt soo soft and smooth and was less oily for the rest of the day but the next morning when I woke up my face was bright red and VERY itchy!! And I had little bubbles like blisters all over my face and was super rough, very oily(worse then before I used it), really dry in some spots and even made more pimples!! I rinsed my face and washed it immediately and then my face got red blotches all over it and even on my neck a little from where the face wash had ran down when I rinsed it. By far THE WORST face product ever! Did absolutely nothing for me and just made my face worse then before!! I would NOT recommend this to anyone!

by Iloveu on 11/14/2013 05:32
My friend, you get what you pay for. Try atomy. It just won an award through its new technolog and is on the rise.
Best cleanser I've found
Reviewed on August 11, 2013

Overall the best cleanser I have found. Not too drying yet not oily. Cleared me up a little bit.

Horrible
Reviewed on July 28, 2013

I used this because my mom is a nanny for a dermatologist and she recommended it. It smells good and feels clean but my skin felt soo right after the first couple uses and then one morning I woke up with tiny red and itchy bumps all over my face!! They look so bad! This face wash was the only new thing I brought into my skin care routine. I'm thinking that my skin may not like this brand at all because even after using the naturals facial scrub this happened. I have combination skin with mild acne, but thanks to this wash right now it's closer to severe :(

by RobustMist on 08/11/2013 23:39
How much did you use? I generally just use a little over a pea sized amount for my entire face.
Great cleanser
Reviewed on July 24, 2013

I've been using Neutrogena oil free acne wash for about 7 years now and I love the scent of the grapefruit wash. I recently got a clarisonic and instead of spending a lot of money on the clarisonic cleansers, I have been using it with my neutrogena cleanser. The combination of using my clarisonic with this product has helped tremendously with my skin. If I didn't use a moisturizer after cleansing, this product could potentially dry out my skin (although my skin is very oily) but other than that I love the price and this cleanser has worked for me for a long time now!

Feel a Difference
Reviewed on July 8, 2013

So I recently purchased this product. I was originally using CVS gentle cleansing wash. I was looking for a product that contained acne medication. While doing tons of research I decided to go out and purchase this cleanser. Even though there are many mixed reviews about this product; everyone's skin is different. This product just so happens to be working for me. I noticed a difference in my complexion of my skin. My face feels very clean and smooth. Along with all those great things it definitely treats my acne, and helps prevent new pimples. The smell is a little weird, but it's not terrible. Many people buy the pink grapefruit cleanser because the smell is better. But I find that I can overlook the smell of this cleanser since it's effective. Highly recommend for people who have some breakouts! Also, I had sunburn the other day, and two days after using this cleanser it has calmed done the redness, and now my skin is back to normal. Amazing!

Simply a cleanser
Reviewed on June 30, 2013

This product really allows my skin to calm down and feel clean. It allows my skin to become rebalanced without getting overly dry and definitely not oily. I really enjoy this cleanser because it can be worked into a lather or used as just a gel-like cleanser. Also, it is from the drugstore so it is easily accessible.

Not recommended
Reviewed on June 28, 2013

The day I got the product, I look at reviews only 1 or 2 people recommended it. I tried it anyways, big mistake. The first day my face felt fine and my acne was starting to go away. The next day, after using it 2 times a day, my face was VERY itchy and started to get really dry! I read people said that in the reviews but I didn't think it was true because I was fine the first day. It takes away all of your good oils along with bad, leaving your skin DRY. It doesn't work that well with getting rid of acne on the other hand.

best I ever used
Reviewed on June 13, 2013

This product is prefect. Make sure you have oily skin before using it. If not it will irriate skin. If it gets to try use a light lotion.

best I ever used