Page 2 of Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Peg-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium Edta, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 6 Ounce (Pack of 3)
updated: 09/17/2014 18:43 UTC
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 6 Ounce
updated: 09/17/2014 18:43 UTC

Do NOT buy this product!
Reviewed on June 30, 2014

When I bought this product, I had used it a few times and my skin felt nice; no drying, no itchiness, nothing bad. I then got a small rash around my mouth area - thinking it was the toner or face scrub I used twice every week, I quit using those two products and did not use the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash for a while. Graduation came around and I had used it that morning; again no dryness or itchiness that day. I woke up the next day (on my birthday) and it looked like I had took a hot hair straightener to the forehead, nose bridge and close to my mouth. This product literally burned my face. I do not recommend this to anyone out there, especially if you have very sensitive skin. I only gave it one star because you have to, but if I didn't, I would have put 0. I am in extreme pain because of this product.

acne prone skin . oily.
Reviewed on May 30, 2014

so let me start on how amazing this product is , i got no complains. when i was around 14 years old and now I'm 19 i used this product just another try to see if it clears my skin. Literally no lie with all my honesty this product has vanished small pimples overnight and the big ones took literally two days to go. i mean for a product to do that is amazing right , i would call this miracle in a bottle. for a company to do that and create a product that works this overnight its amazing , it is just the right formula to give me celebrity skin , oh my gosh its amazing <3 and I've recommended it to my friends and they also say the same thing. i have so much bottles stocked up my cupboard ehehhehe looks like Nutrogena store , because i love their products so much. if you use this with a moisturizer its amazing and its not only for oily skin if used with moisturizer. i bough expensive skin care such as clinque and nothing compares to this one at all

Worst SH*T ever!!!!
Reviewed on April 26, 2014

This is the worst sh*t you can ever purchase !!!!!!!!!!! Ruined my entire weekend !!!!! My face is extremely dry , itchy, & burns very bad ! It looks like I've got hives or measles ! I never had this problem until I use this !!! It needs to be took off the shelf !!!! Moisturizer want even help ! It burns when I apply it ! Also my face looks swollen !

Made my skin VERY dry
Reviewed on April 24, 2014

I have quite oily skin and this stuff, after three-four days, completely dried out my skin! It went all scaly and burnt like anything! I found myself rubbing an ice cube all over my face for nights on end from this. I know different skin types react differently but mine didn't agree with this product.

by Staccato on 04/26/2014 23:37
It's horrible !!
Best salicylic acid wash for me
Reviewed on March 7, 2014

I've been using this product for 3 months now and i must say that it works well; once used religiously.The salicylic acid MUST dry out the acne, as that is its purpose so a moisturizer would definitely be needed. So give it a try, once you don't have sensitive skin.

Don't recommended if you're on various topicals
Reviewed on February 14, 2014

It claims that it's a gentle cleanser, and since I use Epiduo and Clindamycin, I decided to give it a shot. About 2 days into using it my face was becoming very dry and would burn for at least an hour after I applied my topicals. One day, it went so far as to practically burn the first layer of skin on my chin raw. I asked my derm about it and she told me that while it is generally a good cleanser, she doesn't recommend it for someone, such as myself, that uses various topicals. So make sure to look up if your topicals have harsh interactions with this cleanser before you try it out!

Not very good
Reviewed on February 4, 2014

First of all, I have been using this wash long before I started The Regimen, and I did not experience any skin tightening, dryness or irritation at all. But then again, it didn't really help clear any breakouts and my skin was still shiny and oily, so it doesn't really work. I didn't want to spend money on a new wash when I started the Regimen so I continued using this as my face wash. I will switch to the Acne.org cleanser once it's gone.

I Don't Recommend.
Reviewed on January 26, 2014

the pros and cons tell all…not a very effective acne cleanser AT ALL.

Stay away!!!
Reviewed on January 22, 2014

I picked this up at the store by accident thinking it was a different product. I have combo dry skin. I used this one time at night to clear up two little pimples and the next day my skin was so red and dry and painful to the touch! I've been applying my regular moisturizer Embryolisse with Josie Maran argan oil for the past few nights and it's been helping but my skin was not even this dry when I was on Accutane and I only used this cleanser once! I will say that the little pimples I had went away so maybe this is ok for EXTREMELY oily skin but even then only use it sparingly because this stuff is scary!

Do not buy
Reviewed on December 13, 2013

First time I used it, it caused all my blemishes to get red, irritated, and itchy. It was on sale so fortunately I didn't pay as much as others did, but I'm sad because it's still a waste. Bought it on a whim and realized after that I should've checked the reviews. Never making that mistake again.

Also think I'm allergic because it's made my skin itchy all over.