Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Peg-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium Edta, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 6 Ounce (Pack of 3)
updated: 09/20/2014 23:09 UTC
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 6 Ounce
updated: 09/20/2014 23:09 UTC

im not sure
Reviewed on September 10, 2014

ive been trying a lot of stuff and nothing seemed to help me with acne, then i bought this and I've been using it. at first my skin didnt really feel different, but lately my skin hasnt been getting acne and the ones i had are basically gone AND my skin is brighter. i love that. however, after i use it my skin feels kind of..plastic and i started getting dryness around the edge of my nose and today i noticed the left side of my mouth going towards my cheek is starting to get dry too. its king of worring me. i read in another review somewere below you need a moisturizer cream after it, does BB Cream count? i dont wanna stop using it cuz its really helping me with my acne but the dryness is kind of worring me :/

I love this stuff!
Reviewed on September 7, 2014

I started using this and the same day I started seeing a difference in my skin. I had less acne and my skin looked brighter and clearer. Of course it can have different effects for people depending on the type of skin you have. I have oily-dry skin (mostly oily lol) but people say that it "dries out their skin and that's why they don't use it. But if you cleanse your face with this or any other cleanser then you'll need to moisturize! But try it! I love it!

DO NOT BUY
Reviewed on September 4, 2014

The first 2 months I used this it was perfect and cleared my acne but after awhile it made my face extremely dry and flaky and just made me start breaking out really bad, if you have sensitive skin do not buy

GARBAGE.
Reviewed on September 3, 2014

I bought this wash to treat two pimples on my face, and it gave me acne everywhere. Don't buy this crap.

Drying
Reviewed on August 22, 2014

I tried this product on a whim and wished I didn't. My skin is normally very oily but somehow this product turned it extremely dry. Also, my acne went from a few pimples to almost a dozen. Definitely would not recommend.

LOVE this cleanser!!!
Reviewed on August 4, 2014

I am 44 years old and I STILL battle with acne and VERY oily skin. I just decided to try this cleanser again about a month ago (It worked very well for me in my 20's also). Within 2 weeks, my skin was clearer and brighter than it's been in a long time. I use it 2x a day washing gently with my hands and I rinse it off gently using a soft washcloth. After cleansing with this at night, I also put Neutrogena's On the Spot over my entire face. In the morning after using this I use Seban pads for extra oil control.

With my skin, I find that using this cleanser (which is an exfoliating cleanser with 2% salicylic acid), before applying benzoyl peroxide has given me the best skin clearing results in the shortest amount of time versus using a non-exfoliating cleanser.

I HIGHLY recommend this cleanser with the other 2 products I mentioned above if you're battling with VERY oily skin, large pores, blackheads and pimples.

guaranteed breakout
Reviewed on July 31, 2014

This cleanser is instant breakout material, causes scaly cracked skin

by nooneimportant on 08/10/2014 22:07
This cleanser is a more harsher cleanser, especially if using other products or if you have sensitive skin. When I first used this cleanser, my skin got dry, but I never really use a good moisturizer, so... After I started using the moisturizer, my skin never got over-worked or dry. It usually works really nicely for me.
omfg no.
Reviewed on July 22, 2014

I used this for 3 days and it was fine! I saw little changes, nothing amazing. But tonight when I put it on my face it started burning like really bad so I washed it off immediately and my face still burned a little, nothing major.. But here it is about 4 hours afterwards and my face is dry, itchy, burning, and there are places on my face that are starting to feel like sandpaper. It hurts super bad. I do not recommend using this stuff. I would honest to God rather feel my pubic hairs being waxed off every second of my life than to feel this pain on my face. I do not recommend!

chic mik
Reviewed on July 8, 2014

I am a dermatologist myself who still gets occasional products and I would never recommend Neutrogena. I think the Citrus Clear brand is fantastic. It is a new brand, that has the cutting edge acne technology. I have not ever seen formulas like this in my career and have been recommending Citrus Clear to all my pacients - and we all love the results!

What most people don't realize is that the citrus formulas are not drying AND help with inflammatory acne (red painful bumps or pus bumps). There is nothing similar to this product on the market. The closest competitor is Panoxyl which makes (4/5/8/10 % benzoyl peroxide products all of which are too drying).

Acne Wash Review
Reviewed on June 30, 2014

Not too bad. Until I learned that using medicated soap was bad for your face, I used it constantly. Now that I think back on it, it did give me some pimples, but not much. It makes your skin VERY dry.