Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Peg-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium Edta, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 6 Ounce (Pack of 3)
updated: 02/05/2016 18:12 UTC
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 6 Ounce
updated: 02/05/2016 18:12 UTC

NOT FOR PEOPLE WITH ACNE OR ECZEMA
Reviewed on January 26, 2016

Speaking from my personal experience, Cetaphil and Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Wash has been nothing but disaster for my facial skin. Good for those whom it worked for, but for my friends who suffers from acne and eczema, I just want to warn you guys so you won't have to experience what I have went through.

I started having acne 5 years ago and after visiting an aesthetician for facial, she recommended me to use Cetaphil's gentle skin cleanser. At first, it seemed like it wasn't doing anything bad to my skin, but I always had to go back for facial regularly for extraction to which I thought was normal as I was going through puberty.

It was a cycle I thought I was doomed to. I would go for facial at the start of every month, have a red face for the rest of the first week, enjoy clean looking skin for the second, start to see white and blackheads form on the third, suffer from breakouts on the fourth and go for facial again.

3 years later, something worse happened. I started having eczema!! My skin was constantly dry, flaky and red and I tried many moisturizers only to make my acne worst. During that period (I think 6 months), I started going for facials every 2 weeks and those pimples were deep and left nasty marks. My confidence was at pit bottom and I stayed at home most of the time. I even took medical leaves to escape going to work.

It only came under control after my visit to a dermatologist who prescribed me some cream. But my eczema would constantly come back and I had to bring the cream where ever I go just in case.

A few months back, I read online and saw that facial cleansers with salicylic acid may help with acne so I went to buy Neutrogena's Oil Free Cleanser. Although it did to help keep my acne under control, it dried out my skin like HELL. My whole face was FLAKING. It was like having scales! It was the worst decision. So I went back to cetaphil and guess what? Acne and eczema came back again.. I was desperate and thought all hopes were lost until my aesthetician recommended me babor's 2 in one gel cleanser.

Although it was relatively expensive for a cleanser, it really worked for me. My face is healing everyday and recently. I don't even have to use those creams any more. My skin never looked so good for a long time. Furthermore, although it's pricey, each bottle lasts longer than those cleansers you get over the counter so if you compare it, it's really the same.

I won't usually give reviews online but I really want to save people with the same problem as me because I know how it feels. People like us don't get clean skin from just washing with plain water and we have to put in a little extra effort to find the right product. If you visit this site you will see Cetaphil is made up of mostly comedogenic ingredients ([link removed] so PLEASE, help yourself. My advise is to invest in a better cleanser recommended by your dermatologist or aesthecian instead of using OTC products but of course, check out the ingredients before you get it. All the best guys.

I'm black and I'm proud
Reviewed on January 26, 2016

It actually work for me even I have few pimples here and there

Pretty Effective
Reviewed on October 6, 2015

Clears up acne pretty fast depending on the size but might dry out your face.

The Worst Product Ever!
Reviewed on September 19, 2015

Well, like many others, I too have problems with my skin and my battle against acne has definitely been on top priority. As my skin is oily, i assumed this product would at least give me some relief but to no avail :( I used Neutrogena for about 2 weeks and trust me, i have never looked this ugly EVER!!! My pimples have worsened and sadly i had to take the help of a dermatologist to my rescue. I would never recommend this product to any one and specially for those who have an Indian skin tone..

best face wash
Reviewed on September 13, 2015

i am 35 years old woman and i have acne

i didnt get it when i was a teen just now

my skin is very dry but i have been useing this wash for a few months

and it gone now but if i dont use it 2 times a week it comes back

i have try lots of things but would say this as been the best for me xx

burning and irritating
Reviewed on September 4, 2015

I started using this and on the 3rd day my face was bring and itching. I don't think this product is made for black people.

It takes time and the right skin type
Reviewed on August 31, 2015

This dosage of salicylic acid is potent-which means it works on acne and it dries your skin. I think I have now tried every single acne cleanser on the market, which eventually made me so fed up and broken out that I began cleansing only with honey and moisturizing with straight aloe. However, I still had acne. I used this product all through my teens and never had acne. I stopped using it because I got bored I guess or got older and wanted something more sophisticated for my skin. As described above, it has been a nightmare, and I recently came back to this. This cleanser is for people with very oily skin and acne prone even sans all the chemicals people put on their face that cause acne. I do not put a single thing on my face, not even moisturizer apart from a little pure glycerin, and I still have acne, and coupled with the excessive oiliness I would say that I am truly acne-prone. I did not realize this since all through my teens I used this product with BP, just in case since acne in my family is genetic. People who use heavily-marketed makeup and pore-clogging moisturizers (even if they are made to treat acne or are "oil free") and for this reason alone break out, but otherwise have normal or dry skin should NOT use salicylic acid in any form. I would first test your skin- do not wear makeup or use any skin products whatsoever for one week. If your skin clears up- you are not acne prone and harsh acne products are not for you. If you do not start to clear up or it gets worse (and not in a purging sort of way) then you are like me and your skin requires something extra. This works, you will just need to follow it with a drop or two of glycerin mixed with a couple drops of water (pat this onto your skin while it is still damp from the wash). Glycerin is a pure and a completely acne-friendly moisturizing agent so long as it is mixed with a little water. If you need something extra, use a little pure tea tree with water and spritz on face. It is the chemicals and moisturizing ingredients that cause acne in most people, refrain from these and you will notice a difference, no matter what your skin type. This cleanser is completely free of pore-clogging chemicals, and although you can find other salicylic cleansers that are organic, they will likely clog your pores and I know because I have tried them all, whereas this one does not. If you have oily, acne prone skin this is the right cleanser for you.

It's Okay
Reviewed on August 30, 2015

I used this stuff for my oily skin. It worked fine. But, I've been using it for a week and it's making my skin dry out, peel and itch. I wouldn't reccomend this. It's bad for your skin I believe

doesn't work.
Reviewed on July 23, 2015

ok I used this stuff until it ran out and it took me about 4 weeks to get through the bottle and let me tell you this stuff doesn't work??? it made my skin dry as HECK and it didn't even smell good please don't buy this it's a waste of time and money please save ur skin

by HadAcneFor3Years on 08/05/2015 14:12
u dint get the right one for your own skin! i used this last night for the first time and i can tell its going to work! my skin is naturally oily and this does just the right thing cause i got the oil-free one...you should go to [link removed] and do the survey then buy the right products for your face
Not for me
Reviewed on August 21, 2015

I purchased this and noticed my face was breaking out even more after I started using this product. I discontinued use and my face cleared up. Unfortunately this product was not for me. I still love Neutrogena and use one of their other cleansers.