Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash reviews

3.1/5 - 601 reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Peg-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium Edta, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 6 Ounce (Pack of 3)
updated: 08/30/2014 19:21 UTC
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 6 Ounce
updated: 08/30/2014 19:21 UTC

Drying
Reviewed on August 22, 2014

I tried this product on a whim and wished I didn't. My skin is normally very oily but somehow this product turned it extremely dry. Also, my acne went from a few pimples to almost a dozen. Definitely would not recommend.

LOVE this cleanser!!!
Reviewed on August 4, 2014

I am 44 years old and I STILL battle with acne and VERY oily skin. I just decided to try this cleanser again about a month ago (It worked very well for me in my 20's also). Within 2 weeks, my skin was clearer and brighter than it's been in a long time. I use it 2x a day washing gently with my hands and I rinse it off gently using a soft washcloth. After cleansing with this at night, I also put Neutrogena's On the Spot over my entire face. In the morning after using this I use Seban pads for extra oil control.

With my skin, I find that using this cleanser (which is an exfoliating cleanser with 2% salicylic acid), before applying benzoyl peroxide has given me the best skin clearing results in the shortest amount of time versus using a non-exfoliating cleanser.

I HIGHLY recommend this cleanser with the other 2 products I mentioned above if you're battling with VERY oily skin, large pores, blackheads and pimples.

guaranteed breakout
Reviewed on July 31, 2014

This cleanser is instant breakout material, causes scaly cracked skin

by nooneimportant on 08/10/2014 22:07
This cleanser is a more harsher cleanser, especially if using other products or if you have sensitive skin. When I first used this cleanser, my skin got dry, but I never really use a good moisturizer, so... After I started using the moisturizer, my skin never got over-worked or dry. It usually works really nicely for me.
omfg no.
Reviewed on July 22, 2014

I used this for 3 days and it was fine! I saw little changes, nothing amazing. But tonight when I put it on my face it started burning like really bad so I washed it off immediately and my face still burned a little, nothing major.. But here it is about 4 hours afterwards and my face is dry, itchy, burning, and there are places on my face that are starting to feel like sandpaper. It hurts super bad. I do not recommend using this stuff. I would honest to God rather feel my pubic hairs being waxed off every second of my life than to feel this pain on my face. I do not recommend!

chic mik
Reviewed on July 8, 2014

I am a dermatologist myself who still gets occasional products and I would never recommend Neutrogena. I think the Citrus Clear brand is fantastic. It is a new brand, that has the cutting edge acne technology. I have not ever seen formulas like this in my career and have been recommending Citrus Clear to all my pacients - and we all love the results!

What most people don't realize is that the citrus formulas are not drying AND help with inflammatory acne (red painful bumps or pus bumps). There is nothing similar to this product on the market. The closest competitor is Panoxyl which makes (4/5/8/10 % benzoyl peroxide products all of which are too drying).

Acne Wash Review
Reviewed on June 30, 2014

Not too bad. Until I learned that using medicated soap was bad for your face, I used it constantly. Now that I think back on it, it did give me some pimples, but not much. It makes your skin VERY dry.

Do NOT buy this product!
Reviewed on June 30, 2014

When I bought this product, I had used it a few times and my skin felt nice; no drying, no itchiness, nothing bad. I then got a small rash around my mouth area - thinking it was the toner or face scrub I used twice every week, I quit using those two products and did not use the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash for a while. Graduation came around and I had used it that morning; again no dryness or itchiness that day. I woke up the next day (on my birthday) and it looked like I had took a hot hair straightener to the forehead, nose bridge and close to my mouth. This product literally burned my face. I do not recommend this to anyone out there, especially if you have very sensitive skin. I only gave it one star because you have to, but if I didn't, I would have put 0. I am in extreme pain because of this product.

acne prone skin . oily.
Reviewed on May 30, 2014

so let me start on how amazing this product is , i got no complains. when i was around 14 years old and now I'm 19 i used this product just another try to see if it clears my skin. Literally no lie with all my honesty this product has vanished small pimples overnight and the big ones took literally two days to go. i mean for a product to do that is amazing right , i would call this miracle in a bottle. for a company to do that and create a product that works this overnight its amazing , it is just the right formula to give me celebrity skin , oh my gosh its amazing <3 and I've recommended it to my friends and they also say the same thing. i have so much bottles stocked up my cupboard ehehhehe looks like Nutrogena store , because i love their products so much. if you use this with a moisturizer its amazing and its not only for oily skin if used with moisturizer. i bough expensive skin care such as clinque and nothing compares to this one at all

Worst SH*T ever!!!!
Reviewed on April 26, 2014

This is the worst sh*t you can ever purchase !!!!!!!!!!! Ruined my entire weekend !!!!! My face is extremely dry , itchy, & burns very bad ! It looks like I've got hives or measles ! I never had this problem until I use this !!! It needs to be took off the shelf !!!! Moisturizer want even help ! It burns when I apply it ! Also my face looks swollen !

Made my skin VERY dry
Reviewed on April 24, 2014

I have quite oily skin and this stuff, after three-four days, completely dried out my skin! It went all scaly and burnt like anything! I found myself rubbing an ice cube all over my face for nights on end from this. I know different skin types react differently but mine didn't agree with this product.

by Staccato on 04/26/2014 23:37