Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Peg-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium Edta, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 6 Ounce
updated: 09/29/2016 05:11 UTC

It's ok
Reviewed on August 28, 2016

I hardly ever get acne apart from the occasional pimple but sometimes it gets really bad. I tried this out and it does thoroughly clean my face but it's makes my skin a lot tighter. I also noticed that after a few weeks of using it, the skin on my nose began flaking. This product is harsh on sensitive skin and may not work on all skin types.

body acne
Reviewed on August 22, 2016

I absolutely cannot use this on my face. but on the rare occasion my shoulders or back would break out (when I was younger) this took care of it in a matter of days.

not good
Reviewed on July 24, 2016

This made my oily skin dry and flaky. I'm usually happy with neutrogena formulations, but I hated this product. Way too harsh for human skin.

I wanted to like it.
Reviewed on July 22, 2016

The first night I tried out this acne wash, my face felt clean, but it was also very tight. After using it for a couple of days, I noticed the skin around my nose was starting to peel and there was a lot of redness and irritation around my breakouts. I was very disappointed with my results, so I stopped using it. This product really dried out my skin, so if you can't buy anything better than this, I'd recommend using a moisturizer afterwards.

Looks Good!
Reviewed on July 19, 2016

I began using this a week ago. No dryness for my oily skin and it reduces my blackheads. Hopefully it will continue working!

I use it in the shower at night, sometimes in the morning. I really need it for the scarring, so we'll see if that works.

So far so good!

WadeX

Works great!
Reviewed on July 16, 2016

I have suffered with mild acne (tiny spots with the exceptional big one) on my checks and around my jaw line since I was about 14. I started using this nearly a week ago and have seen a lot of improvements. For people who are acne prone like me you will seem to think your skin is getting worse after nearly a week of use but that is just the wash drying out your skin and bringing up the head on the spots for them to heal. My skin has looked slightly more "spotty" but these are only spots that were lying under the surface of my skin that I could see waiting before hand. I haven't had any NEW breakouts or spots since using this, I would definitely recommend to acne prone/oily skinned people. If you only get the occasional spot and aren't acne prone I wouldn't recommend this as it will make your face peel real bad and if you have used this and don't see improvements, give it time, it's just getting rid of the underlining problem and spots you had beforehand.

by wennyishere on 09/16/2016 08:39
hey, so how long have did u use this product before seeing any improvements and what is your skin type? if it's combination, does it dry out parts that's not oily? (soryy for bad english)
Made my skin feel waxy and tight
Reviewed on June 20, 2016

Not only does this stuff smell AWFUL, it made my skin feel extremely tight and waxy to the touch.

disappointed
Reviewed on May 11, 2016

This product is awful. It doesn't make my skin feeling clean, nor does it do anything to prevent acne. It caused me more bumps then I had in the first place. I'm very disappointed

DO NOT USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reviewed on April 27, 2016

USED THIS FRIDAY NIGHT,ON SAT MORNING MY NOSE GOT ITCHY AND MY FACE STARTED GOING RED. BY SUNDAY MY EYES WERE RED AND ITCHY AND MY FACE WAS PUFFY. GOT UP AT 6 30 AM ON MON FOR WORK MY FACE WAS DOUBLE IN SIZE LEFT EYE WAS HUGELY SWOLLEN WITH NO VISION AND RIGHT WAS SWOLLEN WITH VERY LITTLE VISION. MY FACE WAS BRIGHT RED AND ITCHY AND HAD TO VISIT MINOR INJURIES. THEY PRESCRIBED ANTI HISTAMINES. TODAY IS WEDNESDAY AND THE SKIN ON MY FACE IS PEELING OFF LIKE A SNAKESKIN. AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

Probably My First Soap.
Reviewed on April 6, 2016

Nostalgia like woah. I used this when I first started getting acne and honestly as a 10,11,12 year old it was pretty good for my skin. However, I know for a fact it would be way too harsh on my skin now (and by that I mean dry me out). Plus again, salcylic acid is not for every one (because its the worst and has no right to be compared to my one true love benzoyl peroxide).

HOTTAKE: if you're younger and looking for something easy and cheap- and your skin agrees with SA then I would say "go for it. Walk a mile in my acne-prone shoes." But if you're not young, & can afford a different soap, then yes, you can, in fact, do A LOT better than this.

by BrigitteJocelyn on 04/08/2016 13:39
Can you recommend something else, please?