Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Peg-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium Edta, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 6 Ounce
updated: 06/07/2017 09:57 UTC

horrible product
Reviewed on June 1, 2017

i've suffered from mild acne my whole childhood and nothing has ever worked. so i decided to give this a try. absolutely the worst decision i've ever made. it was working the first few washes and then it just started to sprial downhill. it would start to burn so bad while i was washing my face. so i thought to myself well if it's tingling it's working. so the first few washes with burning i did nothing. but then i noticed my face was beyond dry. it was super red and peeling. i couldn't believe it. i have had super oily skin my whole life and it completely dried my skin out. i began peeling on my cheeks chin forehead nose almost everywhere on my face. i have never been so disappointed in all my life. this ruins your face and i definitely do not recommend this product at all.

Do not recommend
Reviewed on May 29, 2017

I bought the neutrogena oil- free acne wash about 3 weeks ago, I never had a major problem with acne but I did get a few spots on my forehead frequently... So after starting to use the face wash my spots did clear, but after washing my face with it twice a day for a few weeks I have had more breakouts than I've ever had, my skin is dry (I used to suffer oily skin) and the face wash would burn the spots on my face and cause them to scab and scar... I will no longer be using the face wash a and I recommend others do not use it either

The only cleanser I use
Reviewed on May 22, 2017

I started using this when my dermatologist recommended it to me about 4 years ago when I was 15. My skin was absolutely terrible and it truly did work for a while. Even now, 4 years ago, I still use it every day twice a day because It doesn't break me out more but since I've been using it for so long it doesn't help much either. It's ok for me until. I find something else

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT
Reviewed on May 1, 2017

This product worked great the first couple of days or so, but then it was all downhill from there. As mentioned per other reviews, this product will make your skin very very dry. It made my face feel tighter, and began to burn my forehead. It made by mouth region super dry and itchy and it become very painful to move my mouth at all. I immediately stopped using this product. Fire would make a better product than this.

Should be banned from use on face
Reviewed on April 21, 2017

I am very disappointed in this product. I had initially read some good reviews of the product and in a bid to clear my acne, i hurried and purchased this wash. Unfortunately, it dried up my face in just 4 days. My face became itchy especially around my mouth and under my eyes. My forehead developed so much rash and now I wish I could just go back to 4 days ago when this product never touched my face. I think the product should be reevaluated by dermatologists especially since it is used on the face...👎👎👎👎

MY FACE IS A RED SWOLLEN MESS!!!!
Reviewed on February 21, 2017

My skin is a mess - dry itchy and swollen around the eyes -couldn't work out what I had done to my face other than being allergic to something - then realised I had taken a sample of this away with me for the weekend and washed my face a few times with it - sample was given to my husband by a dermatologist - can't believe it!! I do not recommend it's use and think it should not be sold to be used on the face - way too strong.

Drying
Reviewed on February 2, 2017

The ingredients all looked great on CosDNA, but it's too drying for my sensitive skin. The fragrance and Acid may have irritated my skin.

Very drying and broke me out!!!!
Reviewed on January 9, 2017

After seeing this face wash recommended on a skin care blog I decided I would try it out -- big mistake! I bought the face wash on Thursday and used it for 3 days (until Sunday evening). The first day or so I didn't really notice much of an effect other than slight tingling (which I mistook for it working on the acne), but by the second day my face was very dry and irritated with tiny red bumps and whiteheads all across my cheeks, forehead and nose. I immediately stopped using it and am now waiting for my face to recover. Was really hoping it would be a good face wash after reading scores of perfect reviews on Amazon, but I guess that clearly just wasn't the case! Not sure what it is about this product that my face doesn't agree with, but will not be buying again!

My best friend back stabbed me
Reviewed on December 29, 2016

This use to be my one and only thing I would use in Middle School and High School. I began to have acne In 8th grade and throughout High School. It got worst after I graduated. My aunt recommended this and it worked for me till graduation. For some reason, this started to leave my face super dry and itchy. My face was so irritated it hurt to walk because the air would hit my sensitive skin. It stung like crazy, so I decided to quit using it. I went back to it again about 2 years ago, and realized that my best friend had back stabbed me. Never again.

Very drying and irritating!
Reviewed on October 21, 2016

When I let my face air dry after using this cleanser, my entire face felt like a taut mask. After using it for about 3 weeks, the entire underlying texture of the thin and delicate skin of my cheeks and temples looked rough, red and bumpy, and I've become increasingly oily. I believe it also contributed to worsened breakouts and longer healing times...my skin has been on a downward decline since I bought it. I stopped using it 3 days ago and my skin is starting to look more normal all around, without tiny red bumps [not pimples, but more like irritation bumps] and a far less oily texture.

I'm probably an extreme case, likely to my intolerance to citric acid, but this cleanser is just way too drying. At the end of the day, really oily skin can usually point to dry, dehydrated and irritated skin, as I discovered from using this. So if you're super oily, look at the products you're using.