Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Peg-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium Edta, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 6 Ounce
updated: 02/26/2017 23:44 UTC

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

MY FACE IS A RED SWOLLEN MESS!!!!
Reviewed on February 21, 2017

My skin is a mess - dry itchy and swollen around the eyes -couldn't work out what I had done to my face other than being allergic to something - then realised I had taken a sample of this away with me for the weekend and washed my face a few times with it - sample was given to my husband by a dermatologist - can't believe it!! I do not recommend it's use and think it should not be sold to be used on the face - way too strong.

Drying
Reviewed on February 2, 2017

The ingredients all looked great on CosDNA, but it's too drying for my sensitive skin. The fragrance and Acid may have irritated my skin.

Very drying and broke me out!!!!
Reviewed on January 9, 2017

After seeing this face wash recommended on a skin care blog I decided I would try it out -- big mistake! I bought the face wash on Thursday and used it for 3 days (until Sunday evening). The first day or so I didn't really notice much of an effect other than slight tingling (which I mistook for it working on the acne), but by the second day my face was very dry and irritated with tiny red bumps and whiteheads all across my cheeks, forehead and nose. I immediately stopped using it and am now waiting for my face to recover. Was really hoping it would be a good face wash after reading scores of perfect reviews on Amazon, but I guess that clearly just wasn't the case! Not sure what it is about this product that my face doesn't agree with, but will not be buying again!

My best friend back stabbed me
Reviewed on December 29, 2016

This use to be my one and only thing I would use in Middle School and High School. I began to have acne In 8th grade and throughout High School. It got worst after I graduated. My aunt recommended this and it worked for me till graduation. For some reason, this started to leave my face super dry and itchy. My face was so irritated it hurt to walk because the air would hit my sensitive skin. It stung like crazy, so I decided to quit using it. I went back to it again about 2 years ago, and realized that my best friend had back stabbed me. Never again.

Very drying and irritating!
Reviewed on October 21, 2016

When I let my face air dry after using this cleanser, my entire face felt like a taut mask. After using it for about 3 weeks, the entire underlying texture of the thin and delicate skin of my cheeks and temples looked rough, red and bumpy, and I've become increasingly oily. I believe it also contributed to worsened breakouts and longer healing times...my skin has been on a downward decline since I bought it. I stopped using it 3 days ago and my skin is starting to look more normal all around, without tiny red bumps [not pimples, but more like irritation bumps] and a far less oily texture.

I'm probably an extreme case, likely to my intolerance to citric acid, but this cleanser is just way too drying. At the end of the day, really oily skin can usually point to dry, dehydrated and irritated skin, as I discovered from using this. So if you're super oily, look at the products you're using.

Nope, Nope, Nope
Reviewed on October 7, 2016

Nope!!!

This stuff is not for me. Didnt do a thing. I would not reccomend this at all.

If you are struggling with acne, get yourself a facewash with benzoyl peroxide.

It's ok
Reviewed on August 28, 2016

I hardly ever get acne apart from the occasional pimple but sometimes it gets really bad. I tried this out and it does thoroughly clean my face but it's makes my skin a lot tighter. I also noticed that after a few weeks of using it, the skin on my nose began flaking. This product is harsh on sensitive skin and may not work on all skin types.

body acne
Reviewed on August 22, 2016

I absolutely cannot use this on my face. but on the rare occasion my shoulders or back would break out (when I was younger) this took care of it in a matter of days.

not good
Reviewed on July 24, 2016

This made my oily skin dry and flaky. I'm usually happy with neutrogena formulations, but I hated this product. Way too harsh for human skin.

I wanted to like it.
Reviewed on July 22, 2016

The first night I tried out this acne wash, my face felt clean, but it was also very tight. After using it for a couple of days, I noticed the skin around my nose was starting to peel and there was a lot of redness and irritation around my breakouts. I was very disappointed with my results, so I stopped using it. This product really dried out my skin, so if you can't buy anything better than this, I'd recommend using a moisturizer afterwards.