Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Peg-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium Edta, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 6 Ounce
updated: 12/04/2016 18:51 UTC

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

Very drying and irritating!
Reviewed on October 21, 2016

When I let my face air dry after using this cleanser, my entire face felt like a taut mask. After using it for about 3 weeks, the entire underlying texture of the thin and delicate skin of my cheeks and temples looked rough, red and bumpy, and I've become increasingly oily. I believe it also contributed to worsened breakouts and longer healing times...my skin has been on a downward decline since I bought it. I stopped using it 3 days ago and my skin is starting to look more normal all around, without tiny red bumps [not pimples, but more like irritation bumps] and a far less oily texture.

I'm probably an extreme case, likely to my intolerance to citric acid, but this cleanser is just way too drying. At the end of the day, really oily skin can usually point to dry, dehydrated and irritated skin, as I discovered from using this. So if you're super oily, look at the products you're using.

Nope, Nope, Nope
Reviewed on October 7, 2016

Nope!!!

This stuff is not for me. Didnt do a thing. I would not reccomend this at all.

If you are struggling with acne, get yourself a facewash with benzoyl peroxide.

It's ok
Reviewed on August 28, 2016

I hardly ever get acne apart from the occasional pimple but sometimes it gets really bad. I tried this out and it does thoroughly clean my face but it's makes my skin a lot tighter. I also noticed that after a few weeks of using it, the skin on my nose began flaking. This product is harsh on sensitive skin and may not work on all skin types.

body acne
Reviewed on August 22, 2016

I absolutely cannot use this on my face. but on the rare occasion my shoulders or back would break out (when I was younger) this took care of it in a matter of days.

not good
Reviewed on July 24, 2016

This made my oily skin dry and flaky. I'm usually happy with neutrogena formulations, but I hated this product. Way too harsh for human skin.

I wanted to like it.
Reviewed on July 22, 2016

The first night I tried out this acne wash, my face felt clean, but it was also very tight. After using it for a couple of days, I noticed the skin around my nose was starting to peel and there was a lot of redness and irritation around my breakouts. I was very disappointed with my results, so I stopped using it. This product really dried out my skin, so if you can't buy anything better than this, I'd recommend using a moisturizer afterwards.

Looks Good!
Reviewed on July 19, 2016

I began using this a week ago. No dryness for my oily skin and it reduces my blackheads. Hopefully it will continue working!

I use it in the shower at night, sometimes in the morning. I really need it for the scarring, so we'll see if that works.

So far so good!

WadeX

Works great!
Reviewed on July 16, 2016

I have suffered with mild acne (tiny spots with the exceptional big one) on my checks and around my jaw line since I was about 14. I started using this nearly a week ago and have seen a lot of improvements. For people who are acne prone like me you will seem to think your skin is getting worse after nearly a week of use but that is just the wash drying out your skin and bringing up the head on the spots for them to heal. My skin has looked slightly more "spotty" but these are only spots that were lying under the surface of my skin that I could see waiting before hand. I haven't had any NEW breakouts or spots since using this, I would definitely recommend to acne prone/oily skinned people. If you only get the occasional spot and aren't acne prone I wouldn't recommend this as it will make your face peel real bad and if you have used this and don't see improvements, give it time, it's just getting rid of the underlining problem and spots you had beforehand.

by wennyishere on 09/16/2016 08:39
hey, so how long have did u use this product before seeing any improvements and what is your skin type? if it's combination, does it dry out parts that's not oily? (soryy for bad english)
Made my skin feel waxy and tight
Reviewed on June 20, 2016

Not only does this stuff smell AWFUL, it made my skin feel extremely tight and waxy to the touch.

disappointed
Reviewed on May 11, 2016

This product is awful. It doesn't make my skin feeling clean, nor does it do anything to prevent acne. It caused me more bumps then I had in the first place. I'm very disappointed