Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Peg-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium Edta, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 6 Ounce (Pack of 3)
updated: 05/05/2015 12:51 UTC
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 6 Ounce
updated: 05/05/2015 12:51 UTC

avoid, avoid, avoid.
Reviewed on May 3, 2015

I have very oily acne prone skin, used this product for three days, seemed fine at first but as other posters mentioned it is very drying, which I combated with a really good moisturiser.

Everything was going swimmingly until I woke this morning, with a face like the firey depths of hell.....extremely itchy Braille like rash, my nose and forehead are slightly swollen. My face is really tender in general. Never again, if I could rate it zero I would.

Second times the charm?
Reviewed on April 28, 2015

I bought this as a teenager and at the time it was way too harsh for my skin. I never thought to try it again, expecting the same reaction. Recently i came across this again and decided to give it another shot. I figured since my skin has adjusted to BP and aged so much it might not be as bad this time around. There were a few days in the beginning where i thought it was working really well. Bp had not totally cleared me up and i still had small bumps popping up all over. Those spots disappeared.. then some came back around my nose, but they were healing really quickly.. and now i'm close to clear. I have only one small bump in my oily zone and it's healing. I haven't really been using the bp either and my skin seems to be looking better for it. Going to keep to this regimen and see how it goes. Yes, it is drying, but it has gradually gotten less drying for me over time. Follow with a good moisturizer and you should be fine. I'm only giving four stars since i haven't finished the bottle yet, but this seems to be just what i needed.

Agony
Reviewed on April 20, 2015

I suffer with cystic acne , there is no wash that helps my skin as of yet ! LATLEY ive had really sore red dry skin all over my face , my eyes have been swollen and havng been able to go out the house I look terrible , I thought it was down to benzoyl peroxide as it drys your face out , but I stopped using this last week , last night i washed my face with it and I've woke up itchy dry swollen again !! Should this product be allowed after all these reviews

by fizzyliz on 05/03/2015 02:12
Nope, no no no!
Swollen
Reviewed on March 15, 2015

I am in my late 30s and wanted to try a cleanser that would prevent acne. It gave me 3 new pimples in 3 days, dry skin, irritated skin, and swollen eyes. I look horrible.

i will not be using this ever again and I am still waiting for my face to go back to normal.

I have dry skin to begin with FYI

The Bar is Better
Reviewed on February 19, 2015

I don't know what the difference is (nor have I bothered to read up on it) but the oil-free bar works far better than this liquid. Save a couple of bucks & buy the bar instead!

Think Twice Before Buying This
Reviewed on January 29, 2015

I have used this product in the past and it cleared up my acne well. However I bought this a few days ago because I was going through a major breakout. This morning I woke up and my face is swollen especially around my eyes and there's a burning sensation throughout my face. I am not allergic to anything and have never had a reaction like this to any product. I'm worried that there might be a change in the formula? I'm too embarrassed to go out in public today because of how awful my face looks. Please I don't want anyone else to use this product, there's something wrong with it.

by TaylorBrown on 02/08/2015 22:01
although you may have never had a reaction before your body changes over the year I was never allergic to anything but once i turned like twelve I became allergic to fruit.
OK not great
Reviewed on January 28, 2015

Get Dan's acne.org cleanser and compare it to this. This an average product produced down to a price. Drying and not particularly gentle. OK but not great.

NEVER DARE TO BUY THIS PRODUCT
Reviewed on January 23, 2015

I bought this product & washed my face once the first day. The next day I read that I should wash my face twice a day. So the second time I washed it, I got swollen & red marks!!! The next day I washed it once again & got the same result, but after 10 hours; itchy skin & a swollen face.

Don't even think about buying this.
Reviewed on January 15, 2015

Okay so I bought this on a saturday at Walmart in the travel section cause I just wanted to try a new cleanser. I DON'T have sensitive skin and its pretty normal (not dry not oily), and I don't have acne either but i do break out on my forehead a lot. So i washed my face with this before I did my makeup and everything was fine except it was little drier than usual so I put a lot of moisturizer on. That day everything was fine until the next morning. I woke up and my eyes were swollen and my face was burning and really itchy! At first I didn't know what was going on but later I realized it was this. I did my makeup for the day and it was soo blotchy and dry looking it looked terrible (even my mom said so lol) So all day my face was itching under the makeup. When i took my makeup off (with my aveeno cleanser) I had these tiny bumps all over my face! That next morning i woke up again and my eyes (mostly my right eye) was swollen again! Its thursday & my face is finally almost back to normal. This product ruined my whole week. DO NOT BUY IT! There are some good reviews but i wouldn't take the risk.

It depends on what skin you have
Reviewed on January 13, 2015

I have an oily t-zone, but for the most part my skin isn't that oily. DO NOT USE IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN!!! When I first started using this product, it did make my skin very dry and tight, but for the people complaining about that, you really shouldn't just use a face wash and go about your day because it will dry out your face, causing your skin to produce excessive oil which will cause breakouts. You should always use a moisturizer for any face wash, but anyway, back to this face wash, let's just say it's very strong. The first few days I used regular moisturizer. My face soaked it right up. Then I tried either Vaseline or cocoa butter. Now I just use Vaseline after I wash my face with this. Yes, it's very thick, and it makes your face shiny, but I promise you, the shiny-ness will go away and your face stays moisturized the whole day.

Conclusion, just use this (very strong) face wash with a good moisturizer and you will be good to go! It really works for me. This is the first product that I've noticed significant results in the disappearance of my acne. Can't wait to have a clear face again lol