Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash reviews

Brand: Neutrogena

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

Water, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, C12-15 Alkyl Lactate, Peg-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Disodium Edta, Benzalkonium Chloride , Yellow 5, Red 40, Fragrance.

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, 6 Ounce
updated: 06/29/2016 21:35 UTC

Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

Made my skin feel waxy and tight
Reviewed on June 20, 2016

Not only does this stuff smell AWFUL, it made my skin feel extremely tight and waxy to the touch.

disappointed
Reviewed on May 11, 2016

This product is awful. It doesn't make my skin feeling clean, nor does it do anything to prevent acne. It caused me more bumps then I had in the first place. I'm very disappointed

DO NOT USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reviewed on April 27, 2016

USED THIS FRIDAY NIGHT,ON SAT MORNING MY NOSE GOT ITCHY AND MY FACE STARTED GOING RED. BY SUNDAY MY EYES WERE RED AND ITCHY AND MY FACE WAS PUFFY. GOT UP AT 6 30 AM ON MON FOR WORK MY FACE WAS DOUBLE IN SIZE LEFT EYE WAS HUGELY SWOLLEN WITH NO VISION AND RIGHT WAS SWOLLEN WITH VERY LITTLE VISION. MY FACE WAS BRIGHT RED AND ITCHY AND HAD TO VISIT MINOR INJURIES. THEY PRESCRIBED ANTI HISTAMINES. TODAY IS WEDNESDAY AND THE SKIN ON MY FACE IS PEELING OFF LIKE A SNAKESKIN. AVOID! AVOID! AVOID!

Probably My First Soap.
Reviewed on April 6, 2016

Nostalgia like woah. I used this when I first started getting acne and honestly as a 10,11,12 year old it was pretty good for my skin. However, I know for a fact it would be way too harsh on my skin now (and by that I mean dry me out). Plus again, salcylic acid is not for every one (because its the worst and has no right to be compared to my one true love benzoyl peroxide).

HOTTAKE: if you're younger and looking for something easy and cheap- and your skin agrees with SA then I would say "go for it. Walk a mile in my acne-prone shoes." But if you're not young, & can afford a different soap, then yes, you can, in fact, do A LOT better than this.

by BrigitteJocelyn on 04/08/2016 13:39
Can you recommend something else, please?
Baddddddd!!!
Reviewed on March 30, 2016

I bought this product less than a week.. Didn't like it at all.. Didn't see any results, and after using it for 4 days it made my face itchy, red, irritated, & my skin started to peel off real bad around my mouth & around my nose.. Also noticed black spots around my mouth! I DONT RECOMMEND IT AT ALL!!

So bad
Reviewed on February 18, 2016

I HATE IT!

I bought this product on a Saturday. I was originally looking for clean and clear's dual action moisturizer but only step 1 from the 3 package deal, unfortunately the Walgreens I went to didn't have that product and I was really in need of a face wash. As I was looking on the shelves I came across this product and I thought it looked and had the same products as the one I originally went to the store for. After I got home I used the product, it felt very drying but I put on mosturizer so I thought every thing was ok. The next day me and my mom saw a big difference in my dark spot, they had gotten lighter (reminder that I used other products when I used it for the first time) so atp I was excited to see my skin clear up and for it to work fast. A couple of days into it and every thing was going fine but I did notice a dark circle was starting to form around my mouth and when I would use the product it would burn very bad. Now I am writing this not even a week into the product here with this review. This has literally dried my my entire face up and has made it flaky and irritated, especially around my mouth. Today is Wednesday now and I'm nearly on the verge of tears because of how much my skin is irritating me, I can't even use makeup to cover the dark spots this product has created on my face because my skin gets to flaky for it to last through a whole school day. I really wish I would've just stick to my daily regimen because now this product might ruin my face forever. I would recommend this to no one unless you want your face to peel off!

by Madness98 on 03/23/2016 11:49
Me and my brother has both had the same problem with this product. I can't even put make up on or anything. I'm literally missing school right now because of how puffy and painful my face is, the only thing that's been helping is like emu oil
disappointed
Reviewed on February 12, 2016

i have oily skin and mind acne i thought this wash could help me to remove and prevent acnes but no i didnt see any progress

NOT FOR PEOPLE WITH ACNE OR ECZEMA
Reviewed on January 26, 2016

Speaking from my personal experience, Cetaphil and Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne Wash has been nothing but disaster for my facial skin. Good for those whom it worked for, but for my friends who suffers from acne and eczema, I just want to warn you guys so you won't have to experience what I have went through.

I started having acne 5 years ago and after visiting an aesthetician for facial, she recommended me to use Cetaphil's gentle skin cleanser. At first, it seemed like it wasn't doing anything bad to my skin, but I always had to go back for facial regularly for extraction to which I thought was normal as I was going through puberty.

It was a cycle I thought I was doomed to. I would go for facial at the start of every month, have a red face for the rest of the first week, enjoy clean looking skin for the second, start to see white and blackheads form on the third, suffer from breakouts on the fourth and go for facial again.

3 years later, something worse happened. I started having eczema!! My skin was constantly dry, flaky and red and I tried many moisturizers only to make my acne worst. During that period (I think 6 months), I started going for facials every 2 weeks and those pimples were deep and left nasty marks. My confidence was at pit bottom and I stayed at home most of the time. I even took medical leaves to escape going to work.

It only came under control after my visit to a dermatologist who prescribed me some cream. But my eczema would constantly come back and I had to bring the cream where ever I go just in case.

A few months back, I read online and saw that facial cleansers with salicylic acid may help with acne so I went to buy Neutrogena's Oil Free Cleanser. Although it did to help keep my acne under control, it dried out my skin like HELL. My whole face was FLAKING. It was like having scales! It was the worst decision. So I went back to cetaphil and guess what? Acne and eczema came back again.. I was desperate and thought all hopes were lost until my aesthetician recommended me babor's 2 in one gel cleanser.

Although it was relatively expensive for a cleanser, it really worked for me. My face is healing everyday and recently. I don't even have to use those creams any more. My skin never looked so good for a long time. Furthermore, although it's pricey, each bottle lasts longer than those cleansers you get over the counter so if you compare it, it's really the same.

I won't usually give reviews online but I really want to save people with the same problem as me because I know how it feels. People like us don't get clean skin from just washing with plain water and we have to put in a little extra effort to find the right product. If you visit this site you will see Cetaphil is made up of mostly comedogenic ingredients ([link removed] so PLEASE, help yourself. My advise is to invest in a better cleanser recommended by your dermatologist or aesthecian instead of using OTC products but of course, check out the ingredients before you get it. All the best guys.

I'm black and I'm proud
Reviewed on January 26, 2016

It actually work for me even I have few pimples here and there

Pretty Effective
Reviewed on October 6, 2015

Clears up acne pretty fast depending on the size but might dry out your face.